Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Who should be the provider in a relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who should be the provider in a relationship? (5933 Views)

Would You Ever Cheat In A Relationship? / Who Should Be Blamed For Prostitution: The Provider Or The Customer? / How Do You Approach a Lady for a Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who should be the provider in a relationship? by gina34(f): 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2005
Who should be the giver in a relationship?

What I mean is this: in relationship, [I]who should provide for who[/I]?  The girl or the boy?

Please reply, I really want to know.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Vieira(m): 3:45pm On Jun 28, 2005
The person who has money.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by IAH(f): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2005
Thank you there my brother. God go bless you. That is the exact answer. I give you 100 A.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by shockreaction(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2005
Uh... it's meant to be reciprocal. Both parties should try to support each other. Of course, the person with more money would provide more, and such.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Greatpeter(m): 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2005
I agree with you, both parties should be involved to sustain the relationship. But Money is not all you can give to sustain relationship.
It is agreed that the law of give and take is not exempted in relationship.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by DASKACE(m): 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2005
Vieira:

The person who has money.
Nice! it could go either ways depending on some one that has the means.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by legry(m): 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2005
The husband or man but if the woman has then she should support him well. GUYS dont you even think of running away from your responsibility men should provide and women must support thats how it was and thats how it should always be
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by dablessed(f): 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2005
In my opinion, both parties should contribute towards the success of the relationship either financially or otherwise. It should be simbiotic i.e a mutual relationship where both parties benefit, when it is parasitic, the host would certainly be sucked dry someday and wont be able to function anymore.

However in a marriage setting, the man must and should always provide for the family whether or not the woman has the means. But i want to believe that a reasonable wife would support her husband.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Greatpeter(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2005
Dablessed, you're very correct.
Na you biko.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by hotangel2(f): 11:11pm On Jun 28, 2005
both of them.no exemptions. You should always be willing to give to your partner.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Pinky(f): 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2005
i guess the poster is talking about providing financially....... so the one with the doe is to provide while the one with lesser doe compliments his/her effort....
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by buddy(m): 2:45pm On Jun 30, 2005
i feel both parties should decide on a workable way of putting something in.

though the man i believe should be the major contributor, the wife should put something in as well.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by babadudu(m): 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2005
Every relationship is different...in the event that a woman is the major provider in a relationship (Financially) we (Men) should put aside our ego and pride and accept it for what it is....that being said grin, I would be the provider in my relationship and I will do whatever it takes to provide for my family...gbabeski!
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Motee(f): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2005
I support Dablessed opinion. That's the fact.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by opeyemi(m): 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2005
Viera, Yuo are too much that is the plain truth.

But make we guys no allow the chicks them over do am to overthrow us. If not the situation will turn into the case of a house-Husband.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by kazey(m): 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2005
Nigerians and money related issues!!. Does it really matter? And if its just a plain relationship, is there the need for a provider?
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by pkrix(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2005
To whom much is given much is expected. I therefore support VIERA.

But in the beginning it was not so; God assigned Adam, the man to provide for the woman whom He (God) also said should look up to her husband for her needs.

So, man is a potential provider to the women and the outcome of reverse is always not fun for the man becomes 'the househusband as said by OPEYEMI
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by love4ever(f): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2005
both should provide and that is it
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Emalie(f): 8:08pm On Jul 06, 2005
By African tradition and culture the man is da provider. But in contemporary world anything can happen.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by bootysue(f): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2005
most african men love to exercise authority (freaking egocentirc) but when it comes to money, they compromise, dosent that sound absurd?

dablessed and emalie i totally agree with you
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by hopy2005(f): 11:08am On Jul 15, 2005
Eeven, if it shd be the duty of both party to prvide in a relationship, at least the men always claim to be the head of the home, so it is their major duty to provide, co's we are only a help maid to them, it not compulsory tht ladies most provide.

Ladies u gurls don't know tht men cheats on us.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Greatpeter(m): 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2005
Haba! hopy2005, we are not cheating you as you pointed.
You are than a mere helper because God who instituted it said "And the two shall come together and will become one.
Oneness in everything. Oneness in love,trust,faithfulness and in provision.
Though the responsibility rests on man but in addition to what he has woman is there to help.

That is why God said "Any man that is not able to provide for his family is worst than an infidel"
Man is to provide while woman also to compliment.
The two are work for the success of the family in oneness.
To make a successful relationship/home understanding must be there, must be enhanced and complimented.

Do I make any point here?
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by ifeanyiv(m): 12:07am On Jul 16, 2005
Relationship is a two way thing not a one way thing, so any body that has money at that particular point in time should provide though it is the man's duty to provide if it is followed biblically
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Ra(f): 2:54am On Jul 16, 2005
The head of the relationship......; whoever the caps fits...... man/woman
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Greatpeter(m): 8:23am On Jul 16, 2005
Ra:

The head of the relationship......; whoever the caps fits...... man/woman

Can a woman be the leader/breadwinner of the family?
I think man is and woman should support.
Ra, what do you think?
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by hopy2005(f): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2005
haaa,
Greatpeter, I agreed with wht u said, come to think of it, the major thing tht leads to tht is love and understanding, when u love a guy u can do everything 4 him.

Anyhowsha, tht's nature for us. no body can predict
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Greatpeter(m): 9:43am On Jul 19, 2005
Hopy, no matter the love if there is a family where Woman is the head/breadwinner of the home it has contradicted the ordinance of God. "If any man is not able to provide for his family he's worst than an infidel" so the bible says.
Women are to help, a supporter, a help meet.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by nike4luv(f): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2005
i think both of them should be the provider..de bible doesnt say de man should always be de provider did it?..dey meant to help each other innit?
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Motee(f): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2005
nike4luv:

i think both of them should be the provider..de bible doesnt say de man should always be de provider did it?..dey meant to help each other innit?

Yes the bible did not say the man should always be the provider but it did say that he is the head of the family.
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by dablessed(f): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2005
Motee! You amaze me o!

How else does the bible expect the man to be the head if he cant be the provider?
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by nike4luv(f): 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2005
must be de head.not always be de provider..
Re: Who should be the provider in a relationship? by Chigszy(f): 2:13am On Jul 20, 2005
it does not matter who is providing. like i keep screaming they both should be the provider. men a relationship should be based on equality not on one partner dominating the other!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can you really get a sincere girl in Nigeria? / On What Condition Will You Leave A Woman? / Help Me:- Am Addicted To P0rn &mastur’bation – What Should I Do To Stop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.