Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Some Interesting Books You Have Read - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Some Interesting Books You Have Read (7810 Views)

Five Books You Must Have Read As A Nigerian / Outrageous Books You Won’t Believe Actually Exist / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by gentleaura(m): 6:22am On Apr 11, 2006
You cant go wrong with any Sidney Sheldon's series,
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by HUSH2(m): 6:25am On Apr 11, 2006
I read sands of time and it just blew me away
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Free(f): 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2006
The Joy Luck Club----Amy Tan
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by cutiepie18(f): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2006
hmm
flyy gril by omar tyree
just say no by omar tyree.
a do right man by omar tyree
a diary of a groupie by omar tyree.
leslie by omar tyree.
i love romance books

addicted by zane
sky scrapper by zane.
the sex chronicle by zane( i recommend that to all yall)
the sistes of the apf by zane.
the heat seeker by zane
shame on it all by zane
nervous by zane( datz good too)
choclate flava(hell yea)
d coldest winter ever by sista soulja( seriouzly dat is d shyt.all yall must read
ice under fire by BET

but my all time favorite book is SWEET MOTHER iono d author but i read it in nigeria it is so good dat i cried
men i can read dat book over and over again without getting bored
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Free(f): 4:57pm On Apr 11, 2006
yea gurl sex chronicles, chocolate flav, good books
Zane is the best, i dey his books cheesy
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by eslynera(f): 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2006
Grizzly:

God Bless u real good
thanx!!! kiss
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Mongue(m): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2006
Try any books by Richard Price, Wanderers, Blood Brothers, Clockers, Freedomland. If you like gritty urban tales. I've just read them all a second time and enjoyed them even more.
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by eslynera(f): 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2006
Blood Brothers? You got it.
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by UsherGurl(f): 12:50pm On Apr 15, 2006
Dessa Rose, by Shirley Ann Williams is a book that i read last month and i did a book report about it . It's a very interesting book by the way! Talking about an unlikely relationship between a slave and a white woman.
I suggest you to also read The blacker , the Berry!It's a book about skin color prejudice during the harlem renaissance. Check them out! They are really interesting!
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Zahymaka(m): 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2006
The Divide -- Nicholas Evans

Ajax in Action -- Eric Pascarello et al
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Everbright(f): 10:06am On Jun 06, 2007
Down a Dark Hall
Devil on the wheel
The Law
The Firm
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by tpia: 5:42am On Jun 19, 2008
futuristic/apocalyptic books almost always tend to be quite memorable, if written by a good author.

eg The Shadow Children sequence by Margaret Haddix.  Scary but enjoyable. Has seven books in the series.

Books of Ember  by Jeanne Duprau.  Fantastic- especially the first two. Three books so far. The other ones are forthcoming.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (series). Fantasy- battle between good and evil, with all kinds of monsters thrown in. Very exciting reading though classified as young adult. I've read the first three, still looking for the fourth one, and meanwhile the fifth book is in production. Also scary but in a different way.

The Far Pavilions by M M Kaye is unforgettable, I think. Likewise Trade Wind by the same author. 

[s]lots more, but these are the ones coming to mind right now[/s].
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Moyola(f): 10:33am On Jun 19, 2008
oh my my!!!

i luv 'em Zane collections, Sisters of Ape, Nervous, Sex chronicles etc.
Omar Tree - fly girl, dairy of a groupie etc, Brenda Jackson - riding storm, what a woman wants, risky pleasures etc, Fredrick Cooper - There's always a reason.
Yinka Sunmonu - Cherish cant rememba d rest

mehhhhhhhn those r books cant get enuf of 'em
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by gentleone(f): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2008
i just finished reading Obsessed by Ted Dekker, very interesting.
francine river's mark of the lion's series is also very interesting; A voice in the Wind, Echo in the darkness and As sure as the dawn.
Scarlett Thread by Francine Rivers too is interesting.
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by tpia: 4:57pm On Jun 19, 2008
gentleone:

i just finished reading Obsessed by Ted Dekker, very interesting.
francine river's mark of the lion's series is also very interesting; A voice in the Wind, Echo in the darkness and As sure as the dawn.
Scarlett Thread by Francine Rivers too is interesting.

Francine Rivers is one of the best.

Her Mark of the Lion series is a classic. Just too good. cheesy cheesy

I intend to check out most of her other books. I read Redeeming Love as well, and it was so moving.

I havent tried Ted Dekker yet, but may do so one of these days.
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by ifyalways(f): 6:35pm On Jun 19, 2008
"Power of positive thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale.
"African child" by camara laye
"she stoops to conquer" cheesy kiss
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by gentleone(f): 11:16am On Jun 23, 2008
tpia:

I intend to check out most of her other books. I read Redeeming Love as well, and it was so moving.

yea, i've read redeeming love too. atonement child by her is another moving story, she has her quiver full of interesting stories!
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2008
All Sidney Sheldon's books
All John Grisham's books

Cry the beloved country by Alan Paton
A grain of wheat by Ngugi Wa Thiong 'o
Shall we tell the president by Jeffrey Archer

Most of James Hadley Chase and Danielle Steel's books
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by stephne007(f): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2008
am a jack of all trades kind of reader wink wink wink but seriously there are some really nice books have come across, take Dan Brown's Digital Fortress cool, John Grisham's Pelican Brief; watched d movie too grin, Nora Robert's Public Secrets, Hot Ice, Sweet Revenge, Daniella Steele's The Ghost cool, Heartbeat and The Lord of the Ring's trilogy wink. I love swapping books cause I love reading novels, amajor hobby of mine wink wink. so if u are interested contact moi cool cool. catcha all kiss kiss kiss.
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Moyola(f): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2008
hmm
flyy gril by omar tyree
just say no by omar tyree.
a do right man by omar tyree
a diary of a groupie by omar tyree.
leslie by omar tyree.
i love romance books

addicted by zane
sky scrapper by zane.
the sex chronicle by zane( i recommend that to all yall)[/b]the sistes of the apf by zane.
the heat seeker by zane
[b]shame on it all by zane

nervous by zane( datz good too)
choclate flava(hell yea)
d coldest winter ever by sista soulja( seriouzly that is d shyt.all yall must read
ice under fire by BET

Also,

Thorn's challenge by Brenda Jackson

What is done in the dark {i cant rememba d author} dats wot i can rememba 4 now!!
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by TOYOSI20(f): 10:00pm On Jun 14, 2009
White Noise , Author: Don DeLillo
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by asamuel: 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2010
buy all those books from www.kalahari.com.ng

plus DVDs, cameras, music, laptops, toys, electronics, e-vouchers, etc

1 Like

Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Zwift58: 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2010
James patterson books always wonderful my favorites are jester and lifeguard.also i totally enjoy mora robert,heather graham,johanna lindsay,
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Zwift58: 8:56pm On Apr 29, 2010
James patterson books always wonderful my favorites are jester and lifeguard.also i totally enjoy nora robert,heather graham,johanna lindsay,
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by Emmandus(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2012
Hi Friends,
HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE BY DALE CARNEGIE is a MUST READ for anyone who wants to learn the easy but vital ropes and roles of human relations across every background or situation.
I will share this review on my blog soon!
Keep achieving Greatness!
Emmandus
Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by nou131853434(f): 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
[Please share some pfd books with me,thanks.
tpia:

Re: Some Interesting Books You Have Read by nou131853434(f): 4:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
[b][/b]Please share with me river Francine books {pfd)
stephne007:
am a jack of all trades kind of reader wink wink wink but seriously there are some really nice books have come across, take Dan Brown's Digital Fortress cool, John Grisham's Pelican Brief; watched d movie too grin, Nora Robert's Public Secrets, Hot Ice, Sweet Revenge, Daniella Steele's The Ghost cool, Heartbeat and The Lord of the Ring's trilogy wink. I love swapping books cause I love reading novels, amajor hobby of mine wink wink. so if u are interested contact moi cool cool. catcha all kiss kiss kiss.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Take Me As I Am --- The Trailer / How I Got Revenge On My Cheating Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.