Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? (13525 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? / Why Are Nigerian Men Attracted To Carribbean Women? / Why Do Nigerian Men Like Fat Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by MsPotato(f): 2:01am On Mar 17, 2011
My baby and I went on a trip to Langkawi Island for a week and I was shocked when he kept like 3 stacks of cash in his pocket and wallet and Im like have u ever heard of a Bank? shocked

He said this is how we roll baby. And the whole week I was feeling very uncomfortable cause everything I say which is nice in a store he would buy them for me and I honestly dont like people doing that for me cause I wasn't brought up that way. . . . embarassed

Anyways, I told him to stop spoiling me and he said ok and than he took me to this expensive restaurant and when I open the menu I lost my appetite just looking at the damn price!!! shocked shocked shocked Like say one fish and chips cost about 50 USD. Bloody hell! Can someone shoot me right now? undecided I told him I want one glass of water as I am fasting. And thats when he got a little offended. Than he said can't I spoil you? angry Why wont I spoil you? angry (and he even raised his voice when he said that causing me to almost cry) cry cry cry

Anyways, he then explained to me that Nigerian guys are big spenders. They work hard but the play hard too. I dey fear oo for this kinda attitude. I dont know if Im able to accept it or not cause I am a budget kinda person and I dont like spending. Just watching someone spend like that almost gave me a heart atatck and I dont know how hlong more can I stand this cry cry cry

So to all the Nigerian guys out there, why do u have to spend money like you drink water? Or are you with me on this?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by 190: 2:09am On Mar 17, 2011
Thats cos we are ruthless spenders

I remember this day that i went to a popular Joint to chill

I got myself a bottle of champagne held my glass and was feeling funky

all the black and white b[i]itch[/i]es eyes were on me, i got myself a comfortable sofa sat on it

brought my cam out and started taking pics, some random Nigerian dude comes in

and bought 7 bottles and my eyes Popped and nearly fell, ( WTF did he buy 7 bottles for when it was just him )

Nigerian guys i believe are the heaviest spenders in the world even when they are broke

they could borrow some money just 2 spend and damn the consequences,

I believe i saw NL user cold that nite with his Jack daniels grin  grin

( least i forget i had 3 of the 7 bottles to myself and died that nite to champagne )

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by ekubear1: 2:11am On Mar 17, 2011
I'm pretty frugal, lol. Some might (and have in the past, unfortunately) even call me cheap  lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by desholah(m): 2:14am On Mar 17, 2011
Honey
Leme say i'm with your guy grin grin . . .I'm just like him.Though i do have plans often and i try as much as i can to meet up with the plans but still spend lavishly . . .It';s not matter of pride or something but it's just a spirit . . .Very natural.
You believe that you work so as to provide for your needs/ and to have fun . . .Who knows when some1 is passing to the Heaven undecided
My advice for you ''If you are really serious bout the relationship'' . .Is to always save on your own . .Save part of the share he gives you for your own needs . . . . .and never try to change him . . .That's not going to work out perfectly and might cause some conflicts.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by Advocator: 2:14am On Mar 17, 2011
I think men are more sensitive to the keeping up with the Joneses thing, especially when it comes to electronics, cars and gadgets , all very expensive items. Also, I think men have much more fragile egos than women and this is one way they can pump themselves up.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by fstranger3(m): 2:20am On Mar 17, 2011
Only yahoo people spend like that.

And we all know why?

I have never seen a naija man spending in such flagrant manner!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by desholah(m): 2:22am On Mar 17, 2011
^^^I spend that way . . . . undecided
You call me a scammer . . . . undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by MsPotato(f): 2:23am On Mar 17, 2011
190:

Thats cos we are ruthless spenders

I remember this day that i went to a popular Joint to chill

I got myself a bottle of champagne held my glass and was feeling funky

all the black and white b[i]itch[/i]es eyes were on me, i got myself a comfortable sofa sat on it

brought my cam out and started taking pics, some random Nigerian dude comes in

and bought 7 bottles and my eyes Popped and nearly fell, ( WTF did he buy 7 bottles for when it was just him )

Nigerian guys i believe are the heaviest spenders in the world even when they are broke

they could borrow some money just 2 spend and damn the consequences,

I believe i saw NL user cold that nite with his Jack daniels grin  grin

( least i forget i had 3 of the 7 bottles to myself and died that nite to champagne )

Huh?Why now? Why are u spending like this when you know after you drink the damn thing, it will lend up in the toilet bowl?  angry U and I will have a serious argument I swear!  angry angry angry

eku_bear:

I'm pretty frugal, lol. Some might (and have in the past, unfortunately) even call me cheap  lipsrsealed

So u mean u are a budget kinda persin like me too?

desholah:

Honey
Leme say i'm with your guy grin grin . . .I'm just like him.Though i do have plans often and i try as much as i can to meet up with the plans but still spend lavishly . . .It';s not matter of pride or something but it's just a spirit . . .Very natural.
You believe that you work so as to provide for your needs/ and to have fun . . .Who knows when some1 is passing to the Heaven undecided
My advice for you ''If you are really serious bout the relationship'' . .Is to always save on your own . .Save part of the share he gives you for your own needs . . . . .and never try to change him . . .That's not going to work out perfectly and might cause some conflicts.

I got angry when he bought me a Hush Puppy Luggage which was worth almost 500USD. I already have my own bag but he still bought that for me (but I have to admit, he has got taste)  embarassed lipsrsealed and he said that luggae bag Im carrying is very troublesome for me cause the wheels are stiff unlike this Hush puppy he bought for me is convinient to pull, push and carry and it has so many compartments. But. . . . Oh well.  lipsrsealed

And than I got angry when he bought me dresses and jewelleries and shoes and handbags. Infact rhat day I honestly feel so spoilt. He wasn't happy with my reaction and we started arguing and fighting cry cry cry

Advocator:

I think men are more sensitive to the keeping up with the Joneses thing, especially when it comes to electronics, cars and gadgets ,  all very expensive items. Also, I think men have much more fragile egos than women and this is one way they can pump themselves up.

How about u? Are u like that?

fstranger3:

And we all know why?

Are u calling Mr T a Yahooze boy? angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by fstranger3(m): 2:24am On Mar 17, 2011
desholah:

^^^I spend that way . . . .  undecided
You call me a scammer . .  . . undecided

Absolutely or you prolly did money charm. Either way, you are a bad person.

Pls, dont reply this post and dont you ever talk to me on NL again ok. I have my name and reputation to protect.

One day is for the owner!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by 190: 2:26am On Mar 17, 2011
Huh?Why now? Why are u spending like this when you know after you drink the damn thing, it will lend up in the toilet bowl?   U and I will have a serious argument I swear!

Im sorry this was i think a month ago

Nor vex, im saving all my money for my upcoming marriage  grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by BABE3: 2:26am On Mar 17, 2011
fstranger3:

And we all know why?

lol, at that!

@OP, free you guy abeg! Let him spend his money the way he wants to spend it on you. BUT, does his source of income equalize his expenditure? If it does, then no wahala!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by desholah(m): 2:35am On Mar 17, 2011
fstranger3:

Absolutely or you prolly did money charm. Either way, you are a bad person.

Pls, dont reply this post and dont you ever talk to me on NL again ok. I have my name and reputation to protect.

One day is for the owner!
May pig's prick block your dirty mouth . . .WHAT REPUTAION ARE YOU PROTECTING HERE . . . fuccckkk you toy brain angry
From D-SENSE AZZLICKER.

Ms.Potato
Honestly he's doing the right thing . . .I'm sure he's doing what his mind feels relaxed with and nothing wrong with it . . .I have told you the way out ''Keep saving'' and don't try to change him . . .Well i trust/respect you smartness. . . Yeah!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by MsPotato(f): 2:37am On Mar 17, 2011
190:

Im sorry this was i think a month ago

Nor vex, im saving all my money for my upcoming marriage  grin

Ehen! U are not serius at all. The way I see it, every single persin must keep at least 10% of their earnings every month into the savings account and dont use it! So t=dont tell me you are starting to save now like in one month time? Abeg! U are not serious at all  angry

BABE!:

@OP, free you guy abeg! Let him spend his money the way he wants to spend it on you. BUT, does his source of income equalize his expenditure? If it does, then no wahala!

I mean Ive seen it happening naaa. Those people whom thinks that they are rich and they just go and spend money like say there is no tommorow. . . . One day it bit them on their backside!

U know, I imagine the amount of money he spends its like if I calcualted and all, he can actually buy a condominium or maybe a franchise for seven eleven store or sumthin to invest in the future!   angry That is why I am angry cause he doesnt think of all of these.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by ekubear1: 2:38am On Mar 17, 2011
Ms. Potato:

So u mean u are a budget kinda persin like me too?

Yeah pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy expensive things every now and again. But not too often. I guess for me, I enjoy inexpensive things nearly as much as expensive things. I enjoy going to a $5 or $10 burger joint just as much as a $30 or $60 dinner. And a homecooked meal that costs me $2 to make, I enjoy as much as the $5 or $10 meal. So end result is that I'm cheap. . . unless forced to spend  grin grin grin

But cool that your guy spends a lot! Whatever makes him and you happy is all that matters (so long as ya'll can afford it.)
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by MsPotato(f): 2:40am On Mar 17, 2011
Desholah, I mean I wouldnt mind but he earns more than I do. Like 3 times more than I do. And for me to save my money its like chicken feet. U know, I just feel that if only he could know and learn how to keep that his money, he would be able to invests in many different business in a year and make profits out of that.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by 190: 2:41am On Mar 17, 2011
Potato

sorry its in our blood we spend alot

My friend spent 800 pounds for a gucci belt and stayed 3days without food xcept fries and chicken

till his next cash came in and i was like what the hell angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by desholah(m): 2:51am On Mar 17, 2011
Ms.Potato
I didn't suggest you save from your own gross . . I meant from what he gives/spends on you . . . .Like if he wants to get you something for instance you can confuse him to give you the money that you have somewhere else to get it from. .then you can collect the money and go get a cheapest one . .You got it.
So i meat you try and save from what he gives you. . . . Don't spoil yourself!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by MrsChima(f): 2:52am On Mar 17, 2011
Ms. Potato,

The guys that are big spenders are used to girls that tell them they are nothing but ATM and to show their love they must flash and rain their money.  I am not saying your GUY was told that but the mentality is overwhelming and they assumed women NEEDS them to get by.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by 190: 2:54am On Mar 17, 2011
Potato this your thread is becoming hilarious

this fstranger dude is making me cry here with laughter grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by Tosinville(m): 2:55am On Mar 17, 2011
Ms.menopause/potato

Sorry, your story sounds so phoney to me. Nigeria guys rarely get good job in that continent called Asia not to talk of spending lavishly for asian woman, well i like the way u cooked up ur story to upgrade nigerian guys anyway.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by ekubear1: 2:56am On Mar 17, 2011
190:

My friend spent 800 pounds for a gucci belt and stayed 3days without food xcept fries and chicken

lol, that is nuts. Does this belt give you magical powers or something?  grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by 190: 2:58am On Mar 17, 2011
eku_bear:

lol, that is nuts. Does this belt give you magical powers or something?  grin

Ask him, if you need his phone number i can gladly share

he brought the belt for 800pounds and a watch for 2,900 pounds

Na him people them get Nigeria now what do u expect!!  grin  grin

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by desholah(m): 3:00am On Mar 17, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by chic2pimp(m): 3:02am On Mar 17, 2011
@ POST

TO SHOW OFF. It's that simple.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by ShyOne(f): 3:21am On Mar 17, 2011
my guy doesn't spend money - he is a huge saver

i am soo happy - because i see his frugalness as an indicator of a fat bank account and never-ending financial success

i am the big spender and i pray he will help me rein it in and curtail it immediately
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by MsYam(f): 3:23am On Mar 17, 2011
Sorry guys, I was banned for. . . . I still dont know  undecided

190:

Potato

sorry its in our blood we spend alot

till his next cash came in and i was like what the hell  angry angry

Your friend is crazy! eight hundred pounds is like Ringgit three thousand nine hundred. Do you know that is enough to start off a Lip Balm or clothes business onli. .ne?  angry
Tosinville:

Ms.Beautiful potato

Sorry, your story sounds so phoney to me. Nigeria guys rarely get good job in that continent called Asia not to talk of spending lavishly for asian woman, well i like the way u cooked up your story to upgrade nigerian guys anyway.

If every Nigerian thinks like you when they are living in Asia, than every Nigerian would be scammers and all would be dead by now  undecided

chic2pimp:

@ POST

TO SHOW OFF. It's that simple.

I guess its an ego boost  undecided How about you?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by MsYam(f): 3:24am On Mar 17, 2011
Shy-One:

my guy doesn't spend money - he is a huge saver

i am soo happy - because i see his frugalness as an indicator of a fat bank account and never-ending financial success

i am the big spender and i pray he will help me rein it in and curtail it immediately

Are u both Nigerian?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by Tosinville(m): 3:25am On Mar 17, 2011
^Ms.Yam again? who's this? next we'll see Ms.Cassava.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by MsYam(f): 3:25am On Mar 17, 2011
Nope. Ms Plantain is next wink
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 17, 2011
They are? Well I wouldn't know. I tend to hang around my fellow Igbos. They're just as frugal as me lol.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Big Spenders? by 190: 3:27am On Mar 17, 2011
Tosinville:

^Ms.Yam again? who's this? next we'll see Ms.Cassava.

i tire Next up is really MS.CASSAVA!! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Hey Guys.... Would U Have Sex With This Kind Of Women If The Opportunity Arises? / Whats The Difference Between A Runs Girl And A Prostitute ? / Curvy Yoruba Girl Who Recently Broke The Internet Releases More ‘sexy Photos’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.