Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone (30957 Views)

Ahmad Musa: We Made Costly Mistakes Against Sierra Leone, We Sincerely Apologize / Premier League Club Reacts To Nigeria Draw Against South Africa / 'i'm Disappointed! "- Baxter Laments At South Africa Draw Against Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by emdidy: 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2020
It was a comedy of errors culminating into an utterly disappointing evening as the Super Eagles of Nigeria squandered a 4-1 first half lead against The Leone Stars of Sierra Leone to end the game 4 apiece in their 2021 African Nations Cup qualifying match.

The game, which was played at the Samuel Ogbebudia Stadium in Benin City, Edo State, ended up to be one that many Nigerians would want to forget in a hurry. Despite the huge expectations of a smooth victory to give the Super Eagles a better chance of qualifying for the biggest football competition in the continent, the Nigeria national side showed that perhaps, they were not mentally ready for the task at hand.

The goals started pouring in as early as the 4th minute of the match when Alex Iwobi made it 1-0 to the Super Eagles. Victor Osimhen added the second goal in the 21st minute and Iwobi scored a brace to make it 3-0. Samuel Chukwueze joined the party as he included a 4th for the Eagles in the 29th minute. It was almost turning into a pool party for the Nigerian side before Kwame Quee scored what many thought was going to be a consolation goal to make the score line 4-1 at half time.

No one would have predicted a comeback for the Sierra Leoneans in such circumstance. Nigeria's coach, Gernot Rohr, showed tactical deficiency and incompetence as his team was smoldered in an unprecedented manner by a relatively inexperienced Sierra Leone side. Nevertheless, it was a brilliant performance by the Leone Stars in the second half as they fought their way into salvaging a valuable point against the lacklustre, disgraceful Super Eagles of Nigeria. Two goals from Alhaji Kamara and another from Kwame Quee secured the fantastic draw for Sierra Leone.

The draw leaves Nigeria still top of Group L with 7 points, while Sierra Leone is third with 2 points.

The return leg of the tie will take place in Sierra Leone next week, Tuesday 17th November.

https://9newsng.com/super-eagles-squander-4-1-lead-to-salvage-a-disappointing-draw-against-sierra-leone/

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by slawormiir: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Isoright....
Super eagles fall my hand
From 4:0 to 4:4

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Katsuke: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Well this isn't surprising

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Herkim(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thats football its not over until the final whistle .

Once there is tactical error from the bench due to wrong or right substitution thats when you will see this kind of result.

Super eagles substitution was wrong but our opponent substitution was right. Mind you we don't have small teams in football again.

Secondly experience matters a lot in the game of football. You cant compare their own experience with own , for instance Alhaji kamara came back from retirement in order to play against super eagles . and the guy justify his inclusion by scoring two brilliant goals.

In the game of football it is the bench that wins the match not the players on the pitch , coach ability to read the match from the bench then make fundamental changes that would bring the result.

We are meeting them again in their own backyard let's see how far it goes

Till then good bye for now.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by PremzY002(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
I'm trying hard to understand what's happening here.

I still don't know why I hate football.

I only watch football so that I can have something to say when the LOUD guys are arguing about Messi and C.Ronaldo

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
super Eagles all the way

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Okay
Thank God I didn't waste my precious time to watch the match... I spent it working on something productive, ọpẹ́ o! grin

As it is now, even if a match is between Nigeria vs Afghanistan, I can't bet on Naija. angry

20 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by deji17: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Rohr should be fired.

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Lokospirit(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
Nobi small
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by oyeb15: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2020
They were tired after 30mins
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Lordjiggs09(m): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Pathetic, I didn't watch the match but I followed proceedings online, was beyond shocked when I saw the final score cos I concluded at halftime that the match was already won by the super eagles. We need to re-jig and find good players to really add bite to this present crop of players.

Meanwhile please follow the link below and read this woman's story on Facebook, It's quite touching and she needs all the help she can get. We've raised#100,000 thus far, we need extra #100,000 to hit our target.
Thank You for your prompt and kind response. We'll reap our due rewards at the appointed time.

https://www.facebook.com/100001428874328/posts/3612032868854307/?app=fbl

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by hiscoterie: 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Such a disgrace

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Jostoman: 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
Super eagle thank you o for supporting Nigerian youth.if you know you know

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by HAPPINESSSS(f): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
HAPPINESS IS HERE grin

MY FRIENDS MADE ME WATCH THE GAME AND THEY ARE HAPPY I DID,

I'M NOT GOING TO CRUCIFY THE EAGLES FOR THEIR MISTAKE,BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN GIVING SOMEONE OR PEOPLE ANOTHER CHANCE WHEN THEY FAIL.

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by GRADEXP2(m): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
h
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Calabar1stSon: 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
I don't blame the coach in one bit because the government has blatantly refused to develop local leagues. Rorh had a tough time choosing his first eleven.

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by DropsMic(m): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2020
No be super eagles again

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Minjim: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
G
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Julsbagg(m): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
I'm not understanding

Those defenders deserve a very good slap

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by iWasNotHere(m): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
They should sell Super Eagles to Chinese FC

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Kabir5643(m): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
The match shock me walahi

Wahala for who bet on top super eagles

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by blinking001(m): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
I couldn't help but watch tears roll down my cheek bones. Our football federation should be scrapped completely, the coach lacks ideas on how to turn things around for us. His substitutes were just useless. Nigerians have never had it this bad before. All round failure.

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by cathodekazim: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
I believe that match was a form of protest in support of end SARS. Guys were planning to boycott the match before

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
I feel like biting that keeper...

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by OgaRico(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
I hear say Super Eagle coach go better pass as hotel manager than football manager.

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by CalabarPikin: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
At this point we should use some boys from Nigeria not super eagles jor

Apostolic women would have done better...

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by ADIPONECTIN: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
Quite pathetic. Nothing works in Nigeria
Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by EmekaBlue(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
It's a sign...dem wan show Nigerians buhari 4+4 is an annoying bullshit to happen

Re: Super Eagles Squander 4-1 Lead To Salvage A Draw Against Sierra Leone by RomanianNinja: 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2020
The country is gradually crumbling. The fall of the zoo

Sunday Oliseh Wins Legal Fight Against Fortuna Sittard In KNVB Tribunal / 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. / Albacete: Messi Reveals His Favourite Goal In His Entire Career