Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? (8912 Views)

Sodom & Gomorrah: See What Happened At One Love Beach [must See] / Is It Possible, To Love Two People Equally? / Can A Guy Love Two Women At The Same Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Phate07(m): 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2011

Can one love two people at the same time?

And by love, i mean to cherish and adore two different people at the same time?
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by r231(m): 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2011
Nope
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by 702: 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
When you are deeply in love with someone you want to be around them all the time. You think about them when you are separated. You think about them before you go to bed at night and first thing when you wake up in the morning. You want to spend your life with them and hang on to their every word. How can you do all these things when you are thinking about two people?. At night, you can't think about them both with the same intense feelings, in the morning only one will be on your mind. You may love them both, but you cannot be "in love" with two people.
Remember that one can't slave for 2 masters, u stick to one and free the other! wink
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by SALady(f): 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
Yes it can happen, nothing wrong in that. It only starts being wrong when you cant choose one. Its coward and sselfish.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by alagha: 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
yes and no
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by elettrodad(m): 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
Yes you can love two people. But becouse you really love you must decide for one.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by MrsChima1(f): 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2011
I love two people at the same time and it is:

My right hand
My left hand
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by InkedNerd(f): 8:27pm On Mar 18, 2011
@OP: Yes, you can--everyone can. We've all [well, not all but some of us] been raised with the notion that you have to love one person and only one person. In reality, that just isn't in our nature as human beings. Technically speaking, we're not genetically designed to be with someone for long periods of time. Yes, its possible to achieve such a relationship but its only natural that we seek love or companionship with others as well.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Xfactor2(f): 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2011
When we were getting married our presiding pastor said to us: There is no such thing as one man for one woman or vice versa, there are many people who cross your path that would be compatible to you and when ppl say God must assign one, he assigns the one that is most suitable but is not the only one. and you can fall in love or be attracted to others everyday, but when you maryy you decide to choose the one to love. So fundamentally love is a decision, and when you get surprised by those feelings along the way, remember who you have to decided to love and why.

I have found this to be the most honest piece of advise. Just because you are in a relationship does not mean you are blind or dead, it does mean choosing to honour the one you're with. At least, this is what I think. That is why loving two and keeping both is so reprehensible, it's loving yourself more than the other.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Omolola1(f): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2011
in a way yes, but u cant love them at the same rate
you have to love one more than the other
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by 190: 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2011
and who's 702 again BTW

@post

Yes u can love 2 people at the same time
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by annawhite(f): 11:39am On Mar 19, 2011
190:

and who's 702 again BTW

@post

Yes u can love 2 people at the same time

cool cool
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by 190: 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2011
annawhite:

cool cool

wetin i do grin
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by annawhite(f): 12:12pm On Mar 19, 2011
190:

wetin i do grin
nutting na!abi I say sumthing?
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by 190: 12:15pm On Mar 19, 2011
angry angry
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2011
SA Lady:

Yes it can happen, nothing wrong in that. It only starts being wrong when you cant choose one. Its coward and sselfish.

it is coward? GST is needed here!
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2011
Well polygamy was all the rage in the ages past.

So though possible, why anyone would want this much drama in their life is unthinkable. Remember people actually lived longer in those days. Today our lives are relatively shorter, so you don't want to spend 80% of it doing drama instead of completing your alloted assignment on earth.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by DeepSoul(f): 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2011
Poster, no you cannot.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by alagha: 1:24pm On Mar 21, 2011
u can like two people at the same time & love one person more than the next.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Mar 21, 2011

When you are deeply in love with someone you want to be around them all the time. You think about them when you are separated. You think about them before you go to bed at night and first thing when you wake up in the morning. You want to spend your life with them and hang on to their every word. How can you do all these things when you are thinking about two people?. At night, you can't think about them both with the same intense feelings, in the morning only one will be on your mind. You may love them both, but you cannot be "in love" with two people.
Remember that one can't slave for 2 masters, u stick to one and free the other! wink

you described infatuation, not love.

love is different.

When we were getting married our presiding pastor said to us: There is no such thing as one man for one woman or vice versa, there are many people who cross your path that would be compatible to you and when ppl say God must assign one, he assigns the one that is most suitable but is not the only one. and you can fall in love or be attracted to others everyday, but when you maryy you decide to choose the one to love. So fundamentally love is a decision, and when you get surprised by those feelings along the way, remember who you have to decided to love and why.

I have found this to be the most honest piece of advise. Just because you are in a relationship does not mean you are blind or dead, it does mean choosing to honour the one you're with. At least, this is what I think.

great post.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by grandpupet: 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2011
Not certain about it. If it happens, in the long run, it might just be to the detriment of one of the parties involved.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by SALady(f): 7:26am On Mar 22, 2011
ferdiii:

it is coward? GST is needed here!

@ferdiii, first you must help me with GST? then I can help you with coward.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Phate07(m): 1:46pm On Mar 22, 2011

Am currently in love with three people. sad
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2011
SA Lady:

@ferdiii, first you must help me with GST? then I can help you with coward.

Opari
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by dazzle37(f): 2:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
yes its possible to love two people at the same time,
but at the end, you decide which one you really want to be with,
like some one said LOVE IS A DECISION.
it is not the feeling you feel that you are feeling that you have never felt before.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Brite02(m): 2:33pm On Mar 22, 2011
Very much possible, even more than 5 too. So long u hv the space to compact al of them, y not?

But in the end 1 must stand taller.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by SALady(f): 3:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
ferdiii:

Opari

But how am I suppose to answer you if you keep on saying things I do not understand? C'mon work with me here.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by 197(f): 3:12pm On Mar 22, 2011
SA Lady:

But how am I suppose to answer you if you keep on saying things I do not understand? C'mon work with me here.

ROTFLGBMAO grin grin
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by MzGreat(f): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2011
SA Lady:

opari means finish
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by 197(f): 3:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
SA Lady got confused
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by SALady(f): 11:51am On Mar 23, 2011
MzGreat:

opari means finish

^^^ thanks the great one.

190::

SA Lady got confused

^^^Its official.
Re: Can One Love Two People At The Same Time? by Nautillus(m): 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2011
Yes you can, you have the capacity,

(1) (2) (Reply)

New To Nairaland!!! Where Are All The Cute Guys At???? / Sex And Fasting / She Was Prettier When I Saw Her Pix. Buh When She Visited Me, She Was Ugly Asf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.