Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Why Do Christians Lack - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Lack (3129 Views)

Sallah Ram: Man Hangs Self Over Lack Of Money To Buy Ram / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Lack by mabell: 6:34pm On Mar 18, 2011
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

Everything in the world belongs to God. He has in His custody as inexhaustible and inestimable wealth! It’s however inspiring to understand what the Holy Spirit communicates to us through the Apostle Paul. In our opening scripture, Paul wasn’t making a promise to the Church on God’s behalf. Rather, he had come to know God’s ways of doing things – that He supplies not just some but ALL our needs!

The scripture tells us that all things belong to God. Psalms 24:1 says “The earth is the LORD’S and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Also in Psalms 50:10-11, God tells us: “For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.” Furthermore, He says “The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts” (Haggai 2:Cool. So what in the world could be too big for Him to give you? In Jeremiah 32:27, He said “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?”

No wonder David said, “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1). The Apostle Paul, coming to the same realization declared: “Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21). Ever before you arrived on the scene, God already made everything you would ever need available to you; He provided them for you richly to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17)! All your needs have automatically been entered into his supply system! So He’s saying to you today, “Hello child, all things are ready! And I’ve made them available to you; they’re all yours!”

Realize today, and begin to fellowship with the truth that God has made available to you wealth too valuable and excellent to be measured! He has made you a partaker of His inestimable and incorruptible inheritance: “Giving thanks into the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light” (Colossians 1:12)

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the provisions you’ve made available to me in Christ Jesus. Today, I declare that I’m abundantly supplied and all my needs are met according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Everything I require for life and godliness have been made available to me and I’m conscious of this reality today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Psalms 24
The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
7Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Luke 12:22-23
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.

Taking note of the above, why then do Christians lack or live a life of suffering?
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by Zikkyy(m): 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
mabell:

Taking note of the above, why then do Christians lack or live a life of suffering?

Good question mabell smiley So, do you have the answers
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by ogajim(m): 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2011
Mabell, define "lack"

Wealth mean a lot of things to different people and majority will never be "rich" EXCEPT THAT'S GOD'S WILL so I don't want to kill your dream of being a billionaire but chances are it won't happen if that's not God's will for your life no matter how much you shout and fast.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by mabell: 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2011
it's an open question, i'll wait for responses and i won't mind yours too
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by ogajim(m): 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2011
A Christian can not measure his/her self with WORLDLY barometers so when we say "lack" it must be defined because that can mean lack of anything other than material.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of god and everything shall be added"
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2011
Man shall not live by bread alone. . .

besides, wealth for some people is not always a good thing. See the life of some people who won the lottery.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by yommyuk: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2011
Why do Christians lack?

The bible denotes many sayings to wealth and poverty. If we look at both words in isolation, they may seem contradictory. In my opinion, both are really individual snapshots of a broad truth.

(Proverbs 3:9-10 , 15-16; 10:15, 22) tells us that God blesses the wise with wealth hence making life difficulties more managable. It also tell us that foolish behavior and laziness can lead one into proverty. We must also acknowledge the fact that some wicked fools are wealthy but reminded that this kind of wealth will not last long (Proverb 11:18; 13:11). Proverty can sometimes result from injustice rather than fooliness, and wealth sometimes comes from injustice and dishonesty.

It is very important that we understand the limitations of wealth. Occassionaly, wealth produces problems rather than solving them.  Wisdom can help where wealth cannot. Therefore one can say wisdom is much more important than wealth(money).

Confusing, isn't it grin

All things being equal, the godly will be rewarded with material blessing and the opportunity to be generous. However we have to recongnise in life, not all things are equal. Sometimes wealth does not go to the deserving nor does it neccessarily produce satisfaction. In fact, money can be detrimental to faith.

@ mabell, a queston of u.

If you are told to make a choice between godliness and money, which one will u choose?

My answer is, the wise will choose godliness, any other thing is just a BONUS cool

Eccl 9:11
I have observed something else under  the sun. The fastest runner doesn't always win the battle. The wise sometimes go hungry, and the skillful are not necessarily wealthy. And those who are educated don't always lead successful lives. It is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

I pray that the spirit of the Lord will always lead us into his will in  JESUS NAME. AMEN

1 Timothy 16:10

For the love of money is the root to ALL kinds of evil. And some people, craving money have wandered from the true faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

Key word " ALL KINDS OF EVIL" - Wealth sometimes can be a satanic trap for a believer. Can make someone feel within that "Do I really need God?" or "Let me play GOD"

That is why the body of Christ should shift it's attention away form "Wealth" and focus and ADVANCE more into the realm of the Holy Spirit which is "Preaching about the CROSS, SALVATION AND GODLINESS.

I would prefer  the body of Christ to be full of godly people who get by than with a "TEMPLE FULL OF VIPERS"

My 2 cents cool
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by ogajim(m): 12:31am On Mar 19, 2011
^^^Well said!

A huge problem among our people at home and in diaspora is the "ambition" or "promise" of wealth as a MAJOR reason most of them are in Church or active in one. Money should not matter to a Christian as Jesus Christ himself admonished us to seek first the Kingdom of Heaven and not to build our treasures on earth but in Heaven.

The different scams that go on in those Churches be it tithe, sacrificial offering, SEED sowing, etc as the "keys to unlocking wealth" doesn't help at all.

May God help his people to seek him in truth and in spirit, Shalom.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by IdiAmin2(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2011
My Opinion:
Christians lack because instead of using the gifts and talents God put in them to produce wealth, they are sittting on their lazy behinds in Churches sowing seeds and paying tithes as their preacher lied to them that sowing seed (i.e giving the preacher their money) will produce wealth.
Meanwhile, these same christians will be critisizing people outside of the church (e.g musicians, sportsmen, artists, actors, businessmen) who use their God given talent to produce wealth, saying they are lost &  going to hell.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by Mowire: 2:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
@Poster, I think we should first "Properly" define who a CHRISTIAN is in the light of the scripture and define wealth
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by Joagbaje(m): 9:49am On Mar 21, 2011
ignorance of the word of God make christians lack. This can result in lack of Faith ,Lack of giving, lack of financial discipline and laziness
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by Zikkyy(m): 12:43pm On Mar 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

ignorance of the word of God make christians lack. This can result in lack of Faith ,Lack of giving, lack of financial discipline and laziness

Which one be ignorance again Some of these guys are in church sunday to saturday listening to pastor angry saying they are ignorant is an indication pastor has been preaching the wrong stuff angry
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by Joagbaje(m): 1:05pm On Mar 21, 2011
Zikkyy:

Which one be ignorance again

The word of God is full of principles of prosperity. When a christian lack knowledge he will work against these principles. For example a christian buys anything that comes his way without restrain , he lacks financial discipline. He will soon be broke.
Paul says all things are lawful but,
1 Corinthians 6:12
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

So a reckless spender will run broke. But a spiritual man has discipline . He goes after necesities only. Some other people are lazy. But a man that knows the word will be diligent in business's. Then some don't give , and if you don't give you will lack the grace of receiving. So all are connected to knowing Gods word and doing it.

Some of these guys are in church sunday to saturday listening to pastor angry saying they are ignorant is an indication pastor has been preaching the wrong stuff angry
so Why would a pastor teach wrong stuff. What is the wrong stuff.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by GreyBeard: 1:26pm On Mar 21, 2011
Joagbaje:

ignorance of the word of God make christians lack. This can result in lack of  Faith ,Lack of giving, lack of financial discipline and laziness

Yes! I agree completely.

Ignorance: Many Christians are ignorant of the facts about tithing. Tithing was never established as a means to gain. Abraham tithed to show gratitude and respect to Melchilsedek. Moses made tithing a law to support Jehovah's house and the Levi priests who where not allowed to own land or have any worldly inheritance. Tithing to gain is not only ignorant, it is foolish.

Lack of Faith: Too many Christians only have faith in other people (Pastors, MOG, Prophets etc) instead of putting their faith strongly and solely in the Most High God and no one else.

Lack of Giving: So many Christians believe giving their tithes to the church somehow entitles them to be rich and fortunate. Real giving is giving your MONEY, your TIME and your KNOWLEDGE to those people or causes that NEED IT. Real Giving is not giving to receive, it is giving to help others who need it. God answers people's prayers everyday through another person giving something and expecting in return nothing except that a need is met. Then God will bless you with more so that you can help more people. This is Giving. This is Living.

Lack of Financial Discipline: Money is a physical object. Not a spiritual one. That means it is a limited resource. If you are on a boat at sea with only one bottle of drinking water you need to manage it well so that it will last you. If you drink it all too quickly then you will lack until you reach the land.

Laziness: Get rich quick schemes are ALWAYS either illegal or a scam. So many Christians see churches in the back of their minds as a means to get rich quick. Give and give and give and you will have lots of money. Sadly it doesn't work that way. If you want lots of money, go to were money is being made (the business world) and partake of it. Pray for inspiration, Take some risks and Work Hard!
If you want spirituality, righteousness and closeness to God then go to the (real) church because that is what it is for. Don't confuse the two.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by Joagbaje(m): 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2011
You use my bullet to shoot at me. I will respond soon
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by GreyBeard: 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2011
^^^ The Truth hurts my broda cool
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by Zikkyy(m): 3:08pm On Mar 21, 2011
You miss my point Jo angry If you say church going christians are ignorant, you are simply telling me they are not getting value from the pastor's sermon angry

Joagbaje:

so Why would a pastor teach wrong stuff.

I dont know why sad ask the pastor wink

Joagbaje:

What is the wrong stuff.

Any sermon that ensures people are left in their ignorance wink

Joagbaje:

For example a christian buys anything that comes his way without restrain , he lacks financial discipline. He will soon be broke.
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

So a reckless spender will run broke. But a spiritual man has discipline. He goes after necesities only.

I am not so sure the pastor is really competent to advice on matters of this nature, unless he is a financial expert.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by nuclearboy(m): 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2011
Grey Beard:

[size=2pt]Yes! I agree completely.

Ignorance: Many Christians are ignorant of the facts about tithing. Tithing was never established as a means to gain. Abraham tithed to show gratitude and respect to Melchilsedek. Moses made tithing a law to support Jehovah's house and the Levi priests who where not allowed to own land or have any worldly inheritance. Tithing to gain is not only ignorant, it is foolish.[/size]

Lack of Faith: Too many Christians only have faith in other people (Pastors, MOG, Prophets etc) instead of putting their faith strongly and solely in the Most High God and no one else.

Lack of Giving: So many Christians believe giving their tithes to the church somehow entitles them to be rich and fortunate. Real giving is giving your MONEY, your TIME and your KNOWLEDGE to those people or causes that NEED IT. Real Giving is not giving to receive, it is giving to help others who need it. God answers people's prayers everyday through another person giving something and expecting in return nothing except that a need is met. Then God will bless you with more so that you can help more people. This is Giving. This is Living.

[size=2pt]Lack of Financial Discipline: Money is a physical object. Not a spiritual one. That means it is a limited resource. If you are on a boat at sea with only one bottle of drinking water you need to manage it well so that it will last you. If you drink it all too quickly then you will lack until you reach the land.

Laziness: Get rich quick schemes are ALWAYS either illegal or a scam. So many Christians see churches in the back of their minds as a means to get rich quick. Give and give and give and you will have lots of money. Sadly it doesn't work that way. If you want lots of money, go to were money is being made (the business world) and partake of it. Pray for inspiration, Take some risks and Work Hard!
If you want spirituality, righteousness and closeness to God then go to the (real) church because that is what it is for. Don't confuse the two.
[/size]

Truth - beautifully presented! The entire post! But enhanced/highlighted is simply awesome
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by otokx(m): 4:07am On Mar 22, 2011
God bless grey beard
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by SirJohn(m): 7:05am On Mar 22, 2011
I think the question should have been: 'Why Do People Lack'. The christian is no different when it comes to economic principles, just like Joagbaje mentioned, a Christian who goes about spending recklessly may soon go broke; this will apply to any other person.

The bible admonishes us to be Honest, Diligent, hardworking and Prudent, these are some keys to overcoming lack.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by GreyBeard: 11:40am On Mar 22, 2011
@nuclearboy @otokx

Thank you! Seekers of the Truth will always recognise it.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by PastorAIO: 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2011
For example a christian buys anything that comes his way without restrain , he lacks financial discipline. He will soon be broke.

So a reckless spender will run broke. But a spiritual man has discipline. He goes after necesities only.

I don't think that Corinthians passage is referring to financial discipline.
Re: Why Do Christians Lack by ogajim(m): 1:12pm On Mar 22, 2011
^^^Pastor AIO, they might have been taught by their "MOG" that is was talking about financial discipline. It is not the first time these bunch will mis interpret the good Book to suit their whims.

(1) (Reply)

Pastors And Tithes, Why Can't They Let Go? / How I Lost My Own Family Because Of The Gospel. / Euphrates Dried Up And Now Earthquake In Turkey . The End Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.