Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship (5007 Views)

My Relationship Is Static. Mature Minds Only Please / Etisalat Sales Girl Has Put My Relationship in Trouble / Nonverbal Communication In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by MikelX(m): 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2007
Solution is very simple, get lots of writing pads, for yourself and him. That way u can express yourself effortlessly grin
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by gyara2(m): 11:27am On Aug 15, 2008
bebe44, what a wrong advise to your nairalander sister shocked shocked

is a natural thing cuz some ar gud in written english while some ar gud in oral english, and some ar sound in both written & oral english, just be confident and believe in what u do, dt is all.

I dont think dt shld be a barrier in relationship anyway unless there is no luv at all.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Nautillus(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2008
WOW . . . .such an amazing world we live in . . . I have a friend who suffered the excact opposite of your case.

He had flawless control to the point of cultivating an English accent in speech/Pronounciations but couldn't pass WAEC English not until the 4th or 5th attempt

undecided undecided undecided

Please, practice a whole lot with your siblings/friends/people you are very comfortable around
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Ola8(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2008
Simply arrange for a lesson teacher especially on English Language (ORAL PART) But, in anycase, speaking English Language fluently shoudn't av affected your relationship if LOVE is genuine, and if i may ask ,

[b]CAN YOU SPEAK YOUR MOTHER LANGUAGE FLUENTLY?
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by soulamanne(m): 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2008
but babe ur written english isnt bad at all kuku be wrtin to ur bobo, jokes.he shuld help u out too.but i bliv u will be speakin greatly soon that is if someone didnt type ur posts 4 u ooooooooooo!
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by victorian(f): 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2008
@ poster, If you can afford it, connect to DSTV and watch and listen how words are spoken, then mimick with a natural voice tone and practise most times when you are indoors, also pretend as if you are talking to someone when practising. best of luck.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by ssRhino: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2008
try to read novels and pay attention to the construction of the tenses, watch some real english movies and pay attention to the tenses, and dont be nervous when u speak, dont be afraid to make mistakes, but be willing to take correction and you will be fine.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by frank317: 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2008
@poster
i think you r seeing problem where actually there is non.
I don't believe that you can't speak english fluently. I believe that you are allowing your self to be intimidated by how fluent others around you speak.

your problem is not English but confidence. I think for some reasons you lack confidence in your self. Just look for the source of this lack of confidnce and extinguish it.

Do u think your boyfrend is to rich and polish for u?
do u think he is too handsome for u?
do u think his friends are to suffosticated for you?
How pretty do you think you are?
does he say things about him self that intimidates u?

overcome your fears and the world will b at your feet

1 Like

Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by izeek(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2008
for heavens sake stop the joke,
u dont write what u dont speak.
rather u can speak what u cant write.

i am dam sure u just fooling around with nlanders.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by kalmebad(f): 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2008
am loving this thread ,
We are not perfect in everything, we learn and we will keep learning
Is ur guy complaining? then let him teach u, we can't all be an authority in english speaking
and if he is not complaining, it will only get better, i am still learning and not perfect,
Be cool for who u are.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by AmakaOne(f): 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2008
hmmm, tales by moonlight

I have yet to meet a person who can write coherently and eloquently and fail to express themselves with the same level of eloquence verbally.

*smh*

na boredom cause this kain post on Nairaland
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by A40(m): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2008
That English sounds too good it was flawless and compared to some muppets in the Sports section i think you are fine.Do you have an accent or does your english just suck? which precisely
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by adeboo(f): 7:31pm On Aug 15, 2008
You should also ask questions.
Say he says something u dont know what it means, then just ask questions.
I usually do when ma man is yapping all this big big grammer - dont be ashamed to aske for help when u need it.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by tommyex(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2008
Study the dictionary religiously and practice the words/sentences u see there

Or come over i help cute chiks outif u cute that is
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by frank317: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2008
perhaps u speak more fluently when he is making love to you as u scream "Oh my god! you are giving to to me flawlessly, I am soaring in the air with your love. I ardor you, you are so impeccible, " then the only thing u can rmeber is how to write thoe word but not speak them.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by frank317: 1:44pm On Aug 16, 2008
perhaps u speak more fluently when he is making love to you as u scream "Oh my god! you are giving to to me flawlessly, I am soaring in the air with your love. I ardor you, you are so impeccible, " then the only thing u can rmeber is how to write thoe word but not speak them.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Ezinwannem: 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2008
why cznt ur b/f help u out? datz wat he suppose 2 do if he loves u, damn, wats da big deal? it only becomes an issue if u r not willing to learn.

Read more novels and attend extra lessons, u will be fine aite
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by crisp: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2008
AMAKAONE:

hmmm, tales by moonlight

I have yet to meet a person who can write coherently and eloquently and fail to express themselves with the same level of eloquence verbally.

*smh*

na boredom cause this kain post on Nairaland

Word!

The original poster is anything but sincere. Unfortunately so many seem to have fallen for her idle talks
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by NegroNtns(m): 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
LittleKim,

Hey, CuteAss is in saying the advise (oh I forgot to how to spell) so you do it. Okay? Lawyers?? Don't worry, they are very poorly speakin, not polished in grammar. They skeap court scripts, okay. Screw them! Your english is good, okay, don't worry okay? Listen to cuteass.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by littlekim(f): 5:51pm On Sep 03, 2008
thanks everyone. Am eternally grateful to u all.

My spoken english has improve quite tremendously. In addition to all u ve said i also tried chaning my environment, and also ensured that i spoke the language more often. I think the key to good communication is constant practice.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by vampire(m): 8:18am On Sep 04, 2008
then buy your self the brighter grammer series and other improvement kits, even software,
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by agwoko: 3:02pm On Sep 04, 2008
I think evry 1 here has contributed well to this topic, but i want to single cute-ass and iice 4 their point.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by crisp: 2:39pm On Sep 05, 2008
littlekim:

thanks everyone. Am eternally grateful to u all.

My spoken english has improve quite tremendously. In addition to all u ve said i also tried chaning my environment, and also ensured that i spoke the language more often. I think the key to good communication is constant practice.

Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Druss(m): 9:24am On Mar 06, 2009
My secret - believe it or not - was rapping , Rapping especially freestyling requires you to think quick and form stuff fast , then to deliver it in a manner that everyone can understand.

Record yourself talk. And most of all believe that you can talk well - it is all mentality.

However for my part - i did lose some parts. English is my first language - I speak better french than yoruba and mein French is not good at all - ya dig?

Practice is the best thing , There was a time i wanted to build the strength in my voice so i remember what an orator did. He put stones in his mouth, went to a beach and tried to talk clearly above the crashing and roaring of the oceans.
Well you want a clear voice , and i hope you are not feeling insecure cos of your accent. That would be ridiculous cos everybody has an accent - The English Welsh and Cockney one is the worst - believe me. Practice.

And if your boyfriend dumps you cos of your fluency then he is an idiot.
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Sista(f): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2010
There was some great advice given in this thread. smiley

Sista
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by H2O2: 10:10am On Feb 28, 2010
My shit horrible too shorty. Growing up in the slums will do that to ya.
We best form an alliance or suthin so we can date within our unpolished circle?
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by 190: 2:48pm On Feb 28, 2010
poster
since english is difficult for you
what language are you now Good at speaking

hausa obviously
then stick wit it~
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Scooby1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 28, 2010
cool cool cool cool
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by kpolli(m): 12:00am On Mar 01, 2010
for those of u saying read novels, she said speak not read,
advice watch sesame street n co.
start from there
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by drrionelli(m): 6:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
I wonder, littlekim, as it has been nearly three years since your first posting, how your spoken English is doing? I'm sure it has improved greatly!

How about an update?
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Ben13: 7:47pm On Mar 03, 2010
LOL
Re: My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship by Dimka76(m): 4:00am On Mar 04, 2010
Stop watching home videos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brothers, Come Help A Sister / Davido's Nude Leaked BREAKING NEWS / Why Am I Getting Quick Erections?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.