Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Import Wahala_rar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Import Wahala_rar (2456 Views)

See What We Are Doing To Ensure We Succeed In Importation In 2016!! Must See / BDC Operators Import Dollars From Ghana, Benin Rep, Others / 15 Hot Products You Can Import And Sell For Amazing Profits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Import Wahala_rar by ogb5(m): 11:46pm On Mar 18, 2011
my friend has has a problem.

He is impoting some goods to nigeria.
The Form M and B/L date are same date and the bank is saying the RAR can not be issued because both B/L and Form M are same date.

How can this be resolved. Has anyone had this problem before and how was it resolved. A quick help is required the goods will be arriving next week.
Re: Import Wahala_rar by masam(m): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2011
How is this possible? From my thinking that means the importer opened the form-m after he has shipped? And that is totally wrong because prior before shipment, you re expected to open a form-m through your bank and get acceptance, before your final docs, ccvo,packing list,Bill laden could come. But let your friend try and see if he can get the bank to back date the form-m approval date or call me 08057747423.
Re: Import Wahala_rar by sonety2k(m): 10:41am On Mar 28, 2011
cool
Re: Import Wahala_rar by humebuloe: 7:59pm On Mar 30, 2011
yaah
Re: Import Wahala_rar by belod4me(m): 7:59pm On Apr 14, 2011
My dear u dont really need to go thru all those hussle anymore, life's easier now. You can do every importation from your bed, and the goods will get to your bed room withing 7 days of payment. You dont even need a domiciliary account. This is what i do, all that u need is a master card/GTB naira master card/Zenith master card. I cant really explain every process here due to time. Best of luck
Re: Import Wahala_rar by HolyTrader: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2011
belod4me
I hear you! GTB (or Zenith or whichever Bank) Naira Master Card is only useful for shopping or withdrawing fund in FC when one is abroad. How is that going to help in resolving the problem of not being able to raise a RAR due to Form M and B/L having the same date?
Ogb5, I hope you get this problem solved quickly. You won’t be able to do anything again once your goods arrive at the Nigeria Port, so move fast on this. It happened to me before and I had to pay more than 3 times of what I was supposed to pay for clearing (250K instead of 80K). Wishing you good luck!
Re: Import Wahala_rar by belod4me(m): 8:31am On Apr 16, 2011
HolyTrader:

belod4me
I hear you! GTB (or Zenith or whichever Bank) Naira Master Card is only useful for shopping or withdrawing fund in FC when one is abroad. How is that going to help in resolving the problem of not being able to raise a RAR due to Form M and B/L having the same date?
Ogb5, I hope you get this problem solved quickly. You won’t be able to do anything again once your goods arrive at the Nigeria Port, so move fast on this. It happened to me before and I had to pay more than 3 times of what I was supposed to pay for clearing (250K instead of 80K). Wishing you good luck!

You dont seem to get it, you see many people tend to do things the hard way, when they can just get it done with little efforts. no matter how bulky your goods are, u dont need to go clearing with this procedure I use. both GTB and ZENITH issues the card that I'm talking about. What do you need form M and B/L for?
Stop giving you self head ache sir. You can import almost anything thru this mean, your goods will be brought to your door step. This is what I do for leaving. Call it anything, I earn a living here.
Re: Import Wahala_rar by HolyTrader: 12:20pm On Apr 17, 2011

belod4me
Sir, I don’t want to join issues with you, but I stand corrected that you are wrong on this issue.
(1.) I have this card which you are talking about. Mine is from GTB. I don’t bank with Zenith so I don't know what they do at their end.
(2.) The GTB Master Card is Naira denominated. The one issued by SCB (Standard Chartered Bank) can be used to withdraw FC abroad. I, also, do some international import-export business and I know these cards are not suitable for what you are claiming. However, I can withdraw an equivalent FC of any fund deposited into my GTB or SCB Naira Accounts in Nigeria.
(3.) There is a difference between Importation (which is usually in bulk) and Internet Shopping. Ogb5’s problem is the former, not the latter.
(4.) The card you are talking about can only be used to do ATM withdrawals and shopping in the Stores/Shopping Malls. Even, they can’t be used to do online shopping as GTB claims (I have taken them up on this, but they didn’t reply out of embarrassment). To do online shopping, you need a FC denominated Card.

My friend, what has a Card got to do with a RAR (Risk Assessment Report)? If you are doing bulk importation as in the case of Ogb5, you must go through the entire process of importation – Form M, B/L + Packing List, and then RAR; and you better do them right. There is no other way. Case closed!
Re: Import Wahala_rar by Berlinh(m): 8:17am On Apr 21, 2011
Make enquiry to me~ Apply FORM M in your bank, then throw to your shipment agent.

Re: Import Wahala_rar by mahabone(m): 1:16am On Apr 24, 2011
@BELOD4ME!

I don't mean to beef, but it's quite obvious you don't understand the subject you're prating about. That's to say you are not into real business(IMPORTATION), maybe u bought goods worth of say USD500-USD2000 online and think urself a big time importer.

The poster is talking of full time importation that's a full container load of goods. Tell me how can he do that thru the process you just mentioned without going thru his banker for the necessary documentations like "FORM M".

Can u be able to bring in a full container load of say auto parts at a go via this process, and even if u do at what cost? Maybe u r using alibaba express or something like that, it never occur to u that u are paying double.

I refer u back to "MASAM" comment, he's the real importer here.

(1) (Reply)

Crude Oil Now In Chad Basin (northern Nigeria) / Tiles/marble Business In Nigeria / Become A Car Merchant Agent N Make Money Working From Home. For Lagos Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.