Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star (43049 Views)

Meet Omah Lay, The Fast Rising Nigerian Singer Similar To Rema And Fireboy / DJ Barbie Performs At Ecofest In Sierra Leone, Pronounced No.1 African Star / #MoralInstruction: Falz Explains The Sudden Disappearance Of His Beard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Mophasa(m): 10:21am On Nov 20, 2020
Omah Stanley Didia professionally known as Omah lay is a fast Rising Nigerian singer, songwriter record producer and arguably the king of the new school.

Born in the city of Port-Harcourt where he started out as a music producer, He has gone on to get signed by keyqaad entertainment and has since then taken over the music industry by storm after the release of his first project, a five track EP (Extended play) he titled "Get Layed ".

Get Layed has since then garnered over 200M streams across streaming platforms.

The project moved like wildfire as it topped several music charts across the world to amazement of industry experts and timekeepers, giving him deserved recognitions from international audiences and music tabloids.

Apple music actually made him the face of its debut "African Rising " playlist. A platform that scouts for talent music artists across Africa.

He has since appeared on BET, spotify Billboards in time square New York city amongst others.

The mercurial and sudden rise of omah lay is something you seldom see in an ever ruggedly competitive and fast moving Nigerian music industry that have left so many promising talents struggling for recognition and grabbing at straws just to stay relevant.

Inasmuch as music critics have attributed omah Lay's sudden success to grace which is not far from the truth everyone who has been following the singer closely will never doubt the fact that hardwork and determination actually played a huge role.

In less than 5 months in the game omah lay has been featured on same songs with top artists like Wizkid , DJ tunez, DJ Spinall, 6lack, Adekunle Gold, Olamide amongst others, a rare feat most of his peers can only dream of .

As music fans continue to compare him with the likes of Fireboy, Rema, Joe boy, Oxlade et al omah lay has continued to set himself apart with his astonishing style of music comprising of a smooth soothing vocal supported by a slow laid back delivery and laced with pure finesse and undiluted relatable lyrics.

This is something that gives him an edge over his peers as he seems to be making music for the future, he is definitely ahead of his time and moving like a spaceship through the aisle of African music while leaving others behind to continue playing "catch up.

Omah lay is definitely the future of African music.

Prince Barima
A music PR and writer
Twitter @PH_Prinx

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Mophasa(m): 10:23am On Nov 20, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2020
I love his songs. Especially Ye Ye Ye grin grin

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Mophasa(m): 10:33am On Nov 20, 2020
phgossipblog:
This guy is da bomb

No cap

13 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Mophasa(m): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I love his songs. Especially Ye Ye Ye grin grin

Hello brother is my best

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by osamz007: 10:50am On Nov 20, 2020
no time to check calendar

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Nbotee(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2020
D guy is jus so good.. I downloaded his new EP dis morning and U'll understand dat he is jus pure talent... No hyping no overating, he jus let's his music speak for him

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by morbid: 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
He chose a good career path. Any profession that affords one the opportunity to travel the world and see other ways of thinking is the way to go.

I hope he eschews "babymamaism" which looks like the latest vogue in the industry now.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by temmypotter(m): 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Omalay on Olamide's Infinity track was just superb!

Nigga is good

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Authority1o1(m): 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2020
Okay...

At a point I got out of touch with music. Then I decided to make a good regale with it once more.

And if i were to be candid with myself I'd say this guy has got me trapped.

His voice and beats are way too overboard.

19 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Opexzy: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
This is my best artist from Nigeria right now, can't stop listening to his songs.

A very good vocalist...

29 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by slawormiir: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Although am not a fan of Nigerian artiste because they sing dog shit except Burna boy, 2face and wizkid

But as a real niggarrr I must admit
Omah lay dey flow well anyday anytime twice on Friday..but he should stop doing one same shitt style of songs
I even dey blow my weed with his songs right now

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by gunners160(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
this guy sings beta than those rubbish Davido and Wizkid are singing this days. Because of the useless review I saw on NL I went to download the complete album of wizkid " made in Lagos" and Davido " A better time " since then my ears just dey bleed

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Raydos: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
This guy no sing reach me I swear!!!

Nah Pride wan finish me, If I lie go ask Airforce and AndyBlaze

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by inoki247: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
I pray say him one pattern of music no quick fade..

And I noticed something all him song no dey pass 2min plus..

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Memphitz537(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Another "One hit wonder" on the make. tongue

Ever noticed that songs nowadays hardly ever have 3 verses unlike music of the 80's,90's & early 2000's?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Highly underrated Superstar!

I rate this guy way above wizkid, burnaboy and Davido.

Go and listen to Ye ye ye, Love you, Bad influence and infinity .... You will dance till you are tired.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by femi4: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2020
Let me take you up

Let me take you down

Let me give you some lo lo lo lo

If you think I 'll hurt ya, put me under water.....

Can't you see...I luv, I luv you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by drips8(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
The Nigerian music scene is one of the few good things about this country.

14 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by tillaman(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
If you don’t have that EP Get Layd in your playlist then you seriously don’t know what you are missing
Who doesn’t like Yeyeyeye or yeyeyeye remix with KingPerry

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Fheelzz(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
That guy na lyrics beast grin

9 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by HitlerGaddafi: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
We've seen his type severally. Na ritual Dem dey do. They will blow for like 1 or 2 years before they disappear into oblivion like a fart in the wind.

2 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
smiley
Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by emmabest2000(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
Can they sing without women or s e x related songs ?

Umu ogwugwu oge grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by stevebond007(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
The guy is good. I rock:
"Lo Lo"
"You"
"Bad influence"...

I appreciate new sounds,
special shout out to cruelsantino and Tems.

8 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
He's really rising
Fine boy, fine voice and swagg
But his lyrics are indecent
Although that is what people what to hear nowadays

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
°°°

I only like the fact he is fine and has a good voice and has dope songs,
What again

6 Likes

Re: Biography Of Omah Lay, The Sudden Rise of An African Star by sammysneh(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2020
This guy is the future of Nigeria music, his voice and lyrics are on point

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Miracle Speaks On His Relationship With Nina / Olamide Reacts To Question About Having The Same Concert Date With Wizkid / Fan Talk About Linda Ikeji Engagement Ring On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.