Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang (8116 Views)

Checkout Jackie Appiah's Controversial T-shirt That Got Fans Talking / Jackie Appiah Visits Victims Of Ghana Flood & Gas Explosion / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by doublekay: 12:59am On Mar 19, 2011
Jackie Agyemang (maiden name Appiah, born December 5, 1983) is a Ghanaian actress. In 2010 she won the African Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. She received two nominations for Best Actress in a leading role and Best Upcoming Actress at the African Movie Academy Awards in 2008.

Early life
Born in Canada, Agyemang is the last of five children. She spent her early childhood in Canada, and moved to Ghana with her parents in 1993. She is popularly known her by her maiden name, Appiah. Agyemang married in 2005 and has one son.

Career
Agyemang's appearance on screen became regular when she was invited by Edward Seddoh Junior the writer of Things We Do For Love as she played the role of Enyonam Blagogee. She later took part in Tentacles, Games People Play and many other TV series.
Agyemang remembers herself as being very shy the first time she went on set, "It was a Venus Film Production titled Divine Love and I had to play the role of Kate, the protagonist. I didn't believe I did too good. I fumbled but many people did not notice it." Despite her nerves the first timer said she succeeded in impressing everyone.
Agyemang says her best part was in Mummy's Daughter by Venus Films. The film tells the story of the Bartels Family where she played the role of Princess, the daughter. "I loved how I acted and I was happy with the role I played". Agyemang now sees the local film industry as having changed for the better. She thinks that others will see its ultimate success.
Agyemang's face can be seen on many billboards and TV commercials in Ghana including a GSMF advert on protection against HIV AIDS, she won the face of U.B in a promotion she did for them on TV commercials and she is currently the face of IPMC for commercials and billboards. "GSMF " was her first TV commercial.

Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 21, 2011
Why is it that after so many views no one wants to talk? embarassed
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by flexystar(f): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2011
blink182:

must we talk
at least we have looked.
she is pweety satisfied (no hard feelings though)
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 21, 2011
flexystar:

must we talk
at least we have looked.
she is pweety satisfied (no hard feelings though)
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by Nakele(f): 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2011
blink182:

Because theres really nothing to talk about when it comes to Jackie Appia, pls Abeg,,,, give us the two Yvonnes, Nadia or better still Martha Ankoamo
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by tijehi(f): 8:47am On Mar 22, 2011
I like Yvonne Okoro, she's good. Jackie is good too
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by jaella4u: 10:04am On Mar 24, 2011
jackie's definately it. so pretty. definately prettiest.
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by adaphik(f): 10:28am On Mar 24, 2011
Nice one
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by BABE3: 10:32am On Mar 24, 2011
Jackie Appiah is relatively a good actress, but she over-does it sometimes. However, on a Nollywood/Gollywood Scale, she's good! smiley
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by Kunbee: 10:23pm On Mar 26, 2011
she is married shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by mamagee3(f): 10:36pm On Mar 26, 2011
She's a very good actress. . .

But I'm not into Ghanian movies.
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by jaella4u: 1:46pm On Mar 28, 2011
oh my God those eyes,, that smile, those eyes
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by doublekay: 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
Tho she is good in acting, she should work on her weight
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by Outstrip(f): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2011
I think she is beautiful. She used to be ridiculous back in the day when she used tomatch everything she wore. Eyeshadow, shoe, bangles, even contacts. She has grown up now and I believe she only gets better anytime I watch her. I will actually pick up a movie and try to watch it just because she is on the cover.
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by Tunmi(f): 5:52am On Mar 29, 2011
she has yet to win me over with her acting. I actually liked her in total love with olu Jacobs and Tonto dike. Her acting is too forced for me. With time, and classes, she'll be better.
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by Ramseygodwin(m): 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2012
she already had a son so what do want us to say.i love her
Re: Lets Talk About Jackie Appiah Agyemang by tpia5: 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2012
is there any new nigerian talent at all?

(1) (Reply)

Mike Tyson Changed His Sex,now A Woman / Top Two Male Celebs That Have Slept With Tonto Dikeh. / Ever Heard Of This Guy Nana Kwame Osei Sarpong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.