Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada (38905 Views)

Abiodun Alao Lectures At King’s College University Of London / Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by bamybabs: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2011
Fellow Nairaland, i will like to inform everyone that the Admission to The King's University College is real. To be frank with you (dyvinson7) is real and he did alot for my brother on the Admission process till this moment.

To start with i will like to make some points regarding the admission process:

1. How did you hear about king's University?

I was going through Nairaland Forum like every other person, and i saw that there is a University in Canada without Toefl and Part Payment is allowed for Nigerians. I got (dyvinson7) email and phone number from the forum, send him mail for an enquiry and he gave me all the necessary informations and ever since then he has been of help to the present moment.

2. What did you do to get admission letter?

Before Admission i paid CAN$140.00 for Application which was done online with Credit Card which i did it myself or (dyvinson7) can equally pay on your behalf. After the payment receipt will be sent to you online through your email provided during the processing. Then the School sent email requesting my brother to send NECO/WAEC Result Information, Student/Examination Number with Scratch card PIN to the School and also a Reference Letter with a Sample Letter from them. This informations will be send to admissions@kingsu.ca. While all this was going on I was communicating through email and phone call with (dyvinson7) for advise, and he was always willing to assist without paying him a token.

3. How many weeks did it take to get the admission letter?

After three days my brother got (ASN) – Alberta Student Number and Application ID, and to my surprise my brother admission came within a week of submitting NECO/WAEC informations requested for by the school.

4. After the admission letter what did you do: e.g (a)Did you pay for tuition deposit? (b)How did you pay for the tuition deposit?(c) what are the step you took towards securing visa

My brother received his Admission Letter from the School the following week, and he was asked to pay a deposit of CAN $1850, but I paid CAN $2300. This is to reduce the balance my brother will pay when he gets there.

I paid the Fees deposit by doing a transfer through GTBank, I requested the school to send me the school account which they did and within three day a confirmation mail was sent from the school for receiving the payment from my brother.

When sending the Admission Letter, A copy of Letter was sent along with the Admission Letter for the Embassy for Visa Processing. When applying for the admission, my brother need to get a Sponsor that have up to 5Million Naira in his Account and a Letter from the Sponsor, and also Letter from where the Sponsor is working introduce him. You will need to fill Visa Application form online, provide NECO/WAEC Result, Sponsor Bank Statements, Letter from the Sponsor, Letter from the Sponsor place of work, pay for Visa application by getting a Bank draft from the bank, Police Report result all in original copy, although all the necessary documents to be submitted is paced on the notice board in front of the Embassy. As per today my brother has been issued a medical report form to be done this Saturday 20th August, 2011.

5. When did you submit your visa application?

My brother submitted his Visa Application 2nd June, 2011.

6. When did you hear back from the embassy?

The reply came on the 6th August, 2011. But I will advise that the submission should be done earlier to avoid delay in sending your medical report form.

7. What step did you take to hear from the embassy?

Infact my brother needed to send them a reminder mail before the Letter came.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Girema(m): 1:17am On Aug 18, 2011
Hi guys i will if there is anything like age limit when apply 2 study at kings
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Podonasmit: 1:50am On Aug 18, 2011
No Age limit
Girema:

Hi guys i will if there is anything like age limit when apply 2 study at kings

@Girema,

Kings does not care how old you are,
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Girema(m): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
DY I WILL LIKE TO PRPARE MY 4 NEST YEAR, HOW DO I KEEP IN TOCH WIT U SO AS NOT TO MISS THE TIMING ARE U ON FACE BOOK
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2011
King's Admissions:
Admission for Spring Semester is still in progress.
If you apply now, you can still get your acceptance letter in two weeks

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2011
Hello Great Nigeria Students:

Scholarship information link: http://www.nettpad.com/

The NettPAD Education (NE) BrainTrust Scholarship Program for Nigerian Students in in tertiary institutions.

Read more: The 2011/2012 NettPAD Education BrainTrust Scholarship for Nigerian Students, Nigeria : College Scholarships, PhD Scholarships, Postdoctoral, Graduate International Scholarships Fellowships

Conditions:

Course Level:Tertiary Education
Scholarship Provider: NettPAD Education BrainTrust
Scholarship can be taken at: Nigeria

Eligibility:

1.An applicant must be a Nigerian

2.An applicant must not be more than 25years by 27th September, 2011. 3.An applicant must be a bona fide student of a recognized tertiary institution in   
    Nigeria

Scholarship Description: The general aim of NE Scholarship Award Scheme is to assist Nigerian Students in tertiary institutions (Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education) to pursue their studies to a successful end without much stress or suffering, motivate and reward excellence. The NE Scholarship program also has two stated goals

1.To offer academically superior students who would not otherwise be able to afford college the opportunity to receive higher education.

2.To offer financial aid to academically-superior students who can afford to attend college.

Awards

There are three categories of NE Scholarship scheme and numbers of awards to be given depend on the number of the successful candidates:

1. Gold Scholar: Certificate of Merit Award plus N250, 000

2. Bronze Scholar: Certificate of Merit Award plus N150, 000

3. Silver Scholar: Certificate of Merit Award plus N50, 000

http://www.nettpad.com/

Need help with anything?
send me an email

For listing of other international Scholarship visit: http://www.dyvinson.com/scholarship/34
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
Dyvinson, May God bless U abundantly bro, tnx 4 ds gr8 insight, but is it advisable to leave any Nigerian University for ds king's Uni
I'm currently in d Uni, nd I'm in my third year, My Mum wants me to graduate 1st but ds opportunity dey enter my eye nd dere's a way I could convince her especially if she reads this herself, after schooling, can one get a Job in Canada or dey'ld send us back to our country, me I love Canada so much, nd is ds Kings Uni rated amongst d best in Canada cos ds one dey are admitting students anyhow, I no understand ooo
I wanna apply asap now, I added u on YM, kindly accept pls, ds is a dream about to come true, or lemme just say, A dream come true 4 me
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 6:36pm On Aug 29, 2011
jimmy4x:

Dyvinson, May God bless U abundantly bro, tnx 4 ds gr8 insight, but is it advisable to leave any Nigerian University for ds king's Uni
I'm currently in d Uni, nd I'm in my third year, My Mum wants me to graduate 1st but ds opportunity dey enter my eye nd dere's a way I could convince her especially if she reads this herself, after schooling, can one get a Job in Canada or dey'ld send us back to our country, me I love Canada so much, nd is ds Kings Uni rated amongst d best in Canada cos ds one dey are admitting students anyhow, I no understand ooo
I wanna apply asap now, I added u on YM, kindly accept pls, ds is a dream about to come true, or lemme just say, A dream come true 4 me

@ jimmy4x,

I must tell you  that King's University College is rated A+ among small Universities of it size.  The Global Mail its just like Washington Post in U.S or Punch in Nigeria after their research graded Universities in Canada, here is their findings:  http://www.kingsu.ca/news/2007_globe-and-mail-report.html

Hmmn good question while i encourage people to travel, i strongly believe that Nigeria is home and where miracle untold could happen if you believe and God open doors for you. In naija things might start slow but you could be skyrocketed to the sky in days if God grant you that favor.
However, for those with no hope and have considered that live in naija could not be better for them and also want quick start to their live, crossing over is the immediate solution but not permanent.  If you are young around the age of 18-28, i will say try your luck, Hmmn preferably 25 not 28years only if you are coming with permanent residents status. But at 35 with permanent status its a waste, just stay back home except coming for visit and intend to go back home or got a miraculous good job better than the one in Nigeria.

I will advice that you finish you Nigeria Program, but if you have money , i mean have enough, then transfer to kings, you will finish with a year or less than a year. Canada is good but not for everybody. The same Nigeria is good but not for everybody.

After your program the canadian law allows you to apply for Permanent Resident status so you can be a Permanent Resident and after five years you can become a citizen carrying the Blue Passport that allows you to travel to North America, many of the E.U, Asia, South America countries, and South Africa with no visa

There are jobs and you could start working in the school almost immediately when you arrive
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2011
Tnx 4 d prompt response, I guess I'ld av to finish my program here, age is still very much on my side, but sth is bothering ma mind, I checked out their programs, dey really dnt av much programs lyk dt, dey dnt evn av architecture, d only berra course I could see was Computing science, or is dere sth I dnt know
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2011
jimmy4x:

Tnx 4 d prompt response, I guess I'ld av to finish my program here, age is still very much on my side, but sth is bothering ma mind, I checked out their programs, dey really dnt av much programs lyk dt, dey dnt evn av architecture, d only berra course I could see was Computing science, or is dere sth I dnt know

@  jimmy4x,

Kings has architecture as Pre- professional degree: Check the link http://www.kingsu.ca/academic-programs/pre-professional/index.html
You can start the program with kings and later transfer, your transfer will be easy because you are transferring from a Canadian school. However, you can have a bachelor from any program and go do masters in architecture. Check: http://www.kingsu.ca/academic-programs/pre-professional/architecture.html
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by osram(m): 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
Plz,my frnd abubakarlalla wants to apply to kings bt d problem he z havin ryt nw z dt he dnt knw hw to pay d 140dollar application fee.plz any solutn
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 12:12am On Sep 09, 2011
Update!!!

Constructive Warning and Awareness.

It came to my notice few days ago that some Admission applications to Kings University for the Spring (January 2012) were currently being delayed for mailing.
When i called King's University on why those applications were being delayed what i heard was not was not good-news at all.  Similar report also came from RCCIT.

The report from Kings about some of the latest applications were disheartening and mind burgling. King's University report on why some admission letters were delayed for mailing was as a result of several fraudulent credit card transactions. Many of the applications fees payment with credit cards from Nigeria were fraud.

Several Ghost credit cards were used for application fee of $140.

Credit cards bearing foreign names were ridiculously overused for several applications as a result all applications from Nigeria including legitimate and illegitimate were flagged and going through thorough scrutiny. I don't know how long this might last, although i know some of the people that applied for Spring Semester (January 2012) might not get their admission letters on time.

However, some of the cleared legitimate applicants will be having their admission letter sent to them from next week. You should be receiving emails from kings from next week Monday. Please have all your documents in place so that you can apply for your visa by first week of October 2011.

Personally i will like to apologies to all legitimate applicants whose admission letter will be delayed as a result of our brothers and sisters who are trying to beat the system and causing an eyebrow with their action.

For those who are smearing others please stop this action. Let us create good names for ourselves and our country.

Visit www.dyvinson.com for information that might interest you, including scholarships on studying abroad.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2011
Urgent!!!

If you have applied to King's and you are yet to get admission letter or hear from King's

Forward me the following information:

Name:
ASN:
WAEC/NECO info
Course:
Mailing Address:
Email:
Phone number:

Some of the admission letters will be sent out sometime this evening and if you want to receive yours before the end of the month, send me so i can get your application status.

visit: www.dyvinson.com
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Kaydz(m): 10:03pm On Sep 22, 2011
@dyvvison,,the nettpad scholarship instructed me to pay a certain amount for the processing of d scholarship,,is dat not scam?

1 Like

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 10:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
Kaydz:

@dyvvison,,the nettpad scholarship instructed me to pay a certain amount for the processing of d scholarship,,is dat not scam?

@Kaydz,

I guess you are smart,  I do not associate with the scholarship so i can not say if its a scam or not. However, there is no way you should be paying to enter for a scholarship. I will recommend you ignore netpad scholarships if they ask you for processing fee. Scholarships should be granted base on merit and if you have to pay for the processing then it has forfeited the purpose of the scholarship.

You can check some free foreign scholarships here: http://www.dyvinson.com/scholarship/34
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 5:06am On Oct 04, 2011
Please Note: If you are yet to receive your Admission letter, please send email to registrar@kingsu.ca and admissions@kingsu.ca  to defer your admission to September 2012. You would not pay new application fee. All you need to do is, Write a request, sign, scan and send it to the emails above.

Also for those who are also interested: Its another time for Fall 2012 application.

King's University has started accepting applications for (Fall Semester) September 2012.

You can start your application now to give you time to prepare for your visa application.

For  Scholarships update around the world visit scholarship section at http://www.dyvinson.com/scholarship/34
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by bigfat01: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2012
is the school still offering admission
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 1:12am On Jan 21, 2012
bigfat01:

is the school still offering admission

Yes it is
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Manweysabi(m): 11:43pm On Jan 22, 2012
Hi dyvinson7, i'm interested in kingston uni. I'm a B.Sc Economics holder. Do they run a masters program or any other proffessional courses that relates to my field? I'll be delighted, if you'll enlighten me on how to go about it. God bless you!
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 12:00am On Jan 23, 2012
Manweysabi:

Hi dyvinson7, i'm interested in kingston uni. I'm a B.Sc Economics holder. Do they run a masters program or any other proffessional courses that relates to my field? I'll be delighted, if you'll enlighten me on how to go about it. God bless you!

Manweysabi,

King's University does not have Master program. But there is a school that offers Master program in Economics, but you might have to take entrance exam like GMAT
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by mxxpunkxx: 1:50am On Jan 23, 2012
@dyvinson7

Checked the school and it's good . .  although their fees seem to be on the pricey side of life

One question for you:

Are there any good jobs for a freshman over there (at Kings Uni) . .  in the case of those who won't be expecting 1 cent from their families? I mean, can a youngster work out enough money to pay for his meal, school fee and accommodation (while at Kings)? We're talking of a total of almost $15,000 (canadian, i hope)per annum here.

2nd question for you:

What if someone has done a change of name? The O'Level results are readily available but the international passport bears a different surname (due to the fact that there was a change of name (for reasons best known to the person)).  Will Kings Uni grant this person admission? How about the Canadian Consulate? Won't he/she be denied of a visa?

Merci.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Manweysabi(m): 10:50am On Jan 23, 2012
@dyvinson7, Thanks for your reply. Pls, can you give me details of the school? Is it affordable?
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2012
mxxpunkxx:

@dyvinson7

Checked the school and it's good . .  although their fees seem to be on the pricey side of life

One question for you:

Are there any good jobs for a freshman over there (at Kings Uni) . .  in the case of those who won't be expecting 1 cent from their families? I mean, can a youngster work out enough money to pay for his meal, school fee and accommodation (while at Kings)? We're talking of a total of almost $15,000 (canadian, i hope)per annum here.

2nd question for you:

What if someone has done a change of name? The O'Level results are readily available but the international passport bears a different surname (due to the fact that there was a change of name (for reasons best known to the person)).  Will Kings Uni grant this person admission? How about the Canadian Consulate? Won't he/she be denied of a visa?

Merci.

1. You will need to prepare for at least 1 year of study with the intention that you will not work. However, while at King's or any other University in North America, you can work, but not as a full time perhaps for 20hrs a week in the school and the money will not be enough to pay your tuition, but might pay for your accommodation or feeding, depending on how much you are paid.

2. If you have changed name, you will have to submit an affidavit and necessary document with your application to the school showing that you have changed your name and has been approved by your local court or name registry in your country. This affidavit might also be submitted to the embassy as well.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2012
Manweysabi:

@dyvinson7, Thanks for your reply. Pls, can you give me details of the school? Is it affordable?

Try www.mun.ca
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by debosky(m): 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
Great job dyvinson7. . . .KingsU is not one of the best ranked universities, but at least you've provided sufficient information for intending applicants to consider before applying.

The only comment I have is with Visa applications - very few people get their visas within 3 months so it is advisable to secure admission 6 months in advance to avoid disappointment.

I hope the credit card fraud will not cause issues for other genuine intending applicants.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by mxxpunkxx: 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2012
^^ some get theirs within 3 mths, u can never be too sure ---- LUCK!!!

@dyvinson
I thought embassies ( in Nigeria specifically) look at "change of name affidavits" with contempt ?

how about job opportunities (after graduation with a Bachelor degree)?
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by naijaobi(m): 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2012
@dyvinson
pls bro, i just graduated and i studied biochemistry, pls, cud u help me find a school in canada for my masters programme with no hassles just like king's college,
thanks.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2012
@dyvinson, what is your email address? I'd like to have some info , thankx
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by usewisdom: 2:59am On Jan 27, 2012
@ bamybabs, thanks for the info, but you did not tell us about how your brother sort out his accommodation? How much he paid for deposit for accommodation and he got the accommodation? Thanks you.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 30, 2012
@dyvinson,
Pls I'll like u to go in for masters in a cheap canadian school. I have a bsc in economics. I don't know how to go about visa application. I tried emailing u but it bounces back. Pls what school do u know of that doesn't give much problems in admission(gmat, gre) like kings.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
debosky:

Great job dyvinson7. . . .KingsU is not one of the best ranked universities, but at least you've provided sufficient information for intending applicants to consider before applying.

The only comment I have is with Visa applications - very few people get their visas within 3 months so it is advisable to secure admission 6 months in advance to avoid disappointment.

I hope the credit card fraud will not cause issues for other genuine intending applicants.

Yes its advice-able to get admission on time. Getting admission six months in advance gives you better leverage to secure your visa. No the credit card issue wouldn't affect your chance or anyone. They have a better mechanism to detect fraud now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joy Adesina Graduates From OAU Medical School With 9 Awards / Graduate Slips Into Gutter, Drowns After Downpour / Maduka University Ekwegbe, Enugu State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.