Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,720 members, 7,805,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' (534283 Views)

Trendy Blouse Styles Made With “lace” / Maternity Gowns Sown With Ankara / Prom Dress Made With Ankara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by FLGators1: 4:20am On May 11, 2009
grin grin grin grin yea.

These outfits are very nice. What's the point of starring, I want to buy some of them!!!

Plz, where can I buy them by ending of May?
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by sosisi(f): 4:20am On May 11, 2009
St☆rStruck:

lol she looks healthy to me.

see her in the earlier picture posted by mohawkchic
The gullies on each side of her clavicle area can hold I litre of palmwine each
the girl needs food
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 4:36am On May 11, 2009
FL Gators!:

grin grin grin grin yea.

These outfits are very nice. What's the point of starring, I want to buy some of them!!!

Plz, where can I buy them by ending of May?

~ Éclat de Nature: Nature reinvented by Vlisco

Posted on Monday, May 4th, 2009 at 1:11 am
By Bella

"You trust BN to bring you the exclusives and here is something new. The brand new collection from Vlisco seen for the first time online on Bella Naija. With the new fabric collection ‘Éclat de Nature’ by Vlisco, nature speaks to you in a language of its own. The collection features a unique interpretation of an unknown world, one that goes beyond nature, where bold colours and an eclectic colour palette of intense reds and a combination of blues and bright yellows dominate. Natural elements are transformed into geometric floral designs while at the same time the organic flow is captured, creating an interplay with nature in its freest form. ‘Éclat de Nature’( Outburst of Nature) is a manifestation of extremes - theatrical shapes and intense colours are combined to reinvent nature, a fantasy world where thoughts wander freely. Let the wind of your imagination carry you to a surreal setting, a haven where you can daydream until reality awakens you. This collection can also be enjoyed as part of the ‘Éclat de Nature’ fashion & accessories collection available in Vlisco Boutiques starting in May. In Nigeria that is in the Tinapa Flagship Store, Calabar."

http://www.bellanaija.com/2009/05/04/eclat-de-nature-nature-reinvented-by-vlisco/
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 4:52am On May 11, 2009
~Vlisco Urban Beat Designs ~

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 4:55am On May 11, 2009
~The New Fabric Collection "Urban Beat" By Vlisco

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 4:57am On May 11, 2009
~"Urban Beat "combines contemporary, city chic with a hint of ethnic charm. Just as the fashion world is paying homage to ethnic design & tribal prints, Vlisco has used its rich heritage to create an upbeat collection of graphic melodies. Strong graphic symbols from both tribal roots & urban origin are married in rhythmical sequence to create an eclectic range of unique fabrics. Globes, arrows & skylines, from an urban landscape, are just some of the references used in harmony with feathers, batik and artisan drawings of ethnic origin. The colours similarly range from steely, cold blues and vibrant pink to earthy tones of sand and ochre. The end result is up-tempo city chic with international allure."

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by bee22(f): 2:11pm On May 11, 2009
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by savanaha: 6:46pm On May 11, 2009
Arggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I want them all. I wish was going to Ghana again this summer. i could have these made for $20 USD per outfit.
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by 2lip: 10:06pm On May 11, 2009
waooooooooo, i looove all, i love the girl in green ankara,gown on black pop socks, sooooo trendy, gonna get that look for myself. thanks , bee 22.
pls could you post some more, pls.
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by Pepeye(f): 7:24am On May 12, 2009
i m impressed

pls keep it coming
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by spikedcylinder: 11:48am On May 12, 2009
I thought Vlisco made only fabric?
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by spikedcylinder: 12:15pm On May 12, 2009
These are not ankara but I love 'em! They's be especially good as bridesmaids dresses for a themed wedding. smiley

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by spikedcylinder: 12:33pm On May 12, 2009

1 Like

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by spikedcylinder: 12:51pm On May 12, 2009
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by savanaha: 6:02pm On May 12, 2009
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by FLGators1: 11:16pm On May 12, 2009
@MC

I checked up the site but couldn't find where I can buy those clothes.

This is torture, there is seriously no point in looking when you can't buy.

They're so gorgeous!!! I WANT THEM, OK, SOME OF THEM. IF I COULD, I WANT THEM ALL. NO NO, YES YES. WHATEVER SHA, I JUST WANT THEM grin grin grin

If anyone knows any "trustful" site where thses clothes are available, plz post them.
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 1:01am On May 13, 2009
~Aaaaw. . . .Chillax! grin

~I Googled the company name,you cud get in touch on their "Contact Us" & find out where you can buy . . i highlighted the location in Naija on previous post

"In Nigeria that is in the Tinapa Flagship Store, Calabar."

Vlisco

http://www.vlisco.com/home
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by spikedcylinder: 9:05am On May 13, 2009
FL Gators!:

@MC

I checked up the site but couldn't find where I can buy those clothes.

This is torture, there is seriously no point in looking when you can't buy.

They're so gorgeous!!! I WANT THEM, OK, SOME OF THEM. IF I COULD, I WANT THEM ALL. NO NO, YES YES. WHATEVER SHA, I JUST WANT THEM grin grin grin

If anyone knows any "trustful" site where thses clothes are available, plz post them.

The prices will shock you. cheesy
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by savanaha: 5:27pm On May 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

The prices will shock you. cheesy

If I was in Nigeria or Ghana I'm sure I could take the picture to a dressmaker/seamstress and get her to make some of these for like $30 a dress. Anyone on here going to Nigeria soon?
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by savanaha: 10:43pm On May 13, 2009
Oh I saw some other ones today
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 1:04am On May 14, 2009
~Vlisco Prices will put a hole in the kitty?

Do they actually sell the sewn dresses or Just the fabric? b/c When i went thro the website,even tho pics of the dresses posted here were shown,no link to buy the dresses already sewn just the fabrics used in pics! Can anyone in Naija confirm if they sell the clothes in their branch in Calabar?

~Am keen on having a couple of these dresses meself,prolly change one of two things about the designs. . . I suppose it's Just a matter of Finding a very Good tailor when i go home on Hols!
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by savanaha: 1:07am On May 14, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Vlisco Prices will put a hole in the kitty?

Do they actually sell the sewn dresses or Just the fabric? b/c When i went thro the website,even tho pics of the dresses  posted here were shown,no link to buy the dresses already sewn just the fabrics used in pics!  Can anyone in Naija confirm if they sell the clothes in their branch in Calabar?

~Am keen on having a couple of these dresses meself,prolly change one of two things about the designs. . . I suppose it's Just a matter of Finding a very Good tailor when i go home on Hols!

I don't think they sell the dresses only the fabric but if you know someone that make dresses in Nigeria, then send you measurements and a picture of what you want done and believe me the results are amazing for very cheap. I am so in love with these clothes. I am transfixed on them (wd?) I would do anything to get those made. Too bad I don't know anyone going to Nigeria.
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 1:21am On May 14, 2009
savanaha:

I don't think they sell the dresses only the fabric but if you know someone that make dresses in Nigeria, then send you measurements and a picture of what you want done and believe me the results are amazing for very cheap. I am so in love with these clothes. I am transfixed on them (wd?) I would do anything to get those made. Too bad I don't know anyone going to Nigeria.

~Oh! Puzzled me when i cudnt see prices tags on the dresses!Unfortunately I dont know anyone in Naija but i trust they have very good tailors who wud do justice to the styles on pics for less!

~The colours are fab,am yet to own any Ankara outfit,but i've certainly been enthused to have a few in my wardrobe. . .just not yet i suppose!
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by savanaha: 1:24am On May 14, 2009
mohawkchic:

~Oh! Puzzled me when i cudnt see prices tags on the dresses!Unfortunately I dont know anyone in Naija but i trust they have very good tailors who wud do justice to the styles on pics for less!

~The colours are fab,am yet to own any Ankara outfit,but i've certainly been enthused to have a few in my wardrobe. . .just  not yet i suppose!

I'll even get these made with Nigerian Wax or prints made in Nigeria. I like the flavor and the styles. Plus getting them made in Nigeria keeps the money in Nigeria. The tailors will do as good a job as the dress makers. This is making me so sad that I can't get it made right now.
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2009
[size=13pt]~I love these done by a Ghanian Designer in London Abeena Pokuaa. . .

~Jumpsuit~

[img]http://www.ohemaohene.com/OH!_By_Ohema_Ohene_SS09_files/one2.jpg
[/img]

~Dress Shirt~

[img]http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/2458628/2.jpg
[/img]

~DRess~

~There's even Batik Pumps made from recycled and reclaimed batik print fabric! ~

[img]http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/2483229/5.jpg
[/img]

[img]http://cache0.bigcartel.com/product_images/2483209/4.jpg
[/img]
[/size]
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by spikedcylinder: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2009
Wow. I think the sneakers are cool.
Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by africhika(f): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2009
more to love

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by africhika(f): 11:27pm On Oct 03, 2009
more from new designer, aschobi. i think she's from sierra leone

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by africhika(f): 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2009
love love the colors

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by africhika(f): 11:51pm On Oct 03, 2009
these are from t and t fashions, a store in the DC area

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by africhika(f): 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2009
T and T fashions!

Re: Trendy Styles Made With 'ankara' by mohawkchic(f): 12:23am On Oct 04, 2009
[size=13pt]~ They're gorgeous Africhika!

~Aschobi Designs is by a Sierra Leonean Adama Kai. . .  i've seen pics of her work on FB & for Weddings. . .I like the Vintage twist to some of her work. . .

~Loving the T & T Designs too
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Nigerian Male Celebrities In Native Outfits / Product Reviews: Stop Wasting Money! Beauty Products That Actually Work / Learn Bead Making And Wire Work Jewelry For Free Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.