Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,838 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal (20828 Views)

History: How Sunday Olisheh Kicked Out Vincent Enyeama From Super Eagles In 2015 / Vincent Enyeama Makes Africa’s Best Ever XI By The Sun UK / Promise Vincent Enyeama To Husband: 'Freezing Cold But I've Got You My Warmer' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by DamnnNiggarr: 2:06am On Nov 21, 2020
Vincent Enyeama urges Senator Kalu to invest in Enyimba instead of Arsenal

Ex-Super Eagles skipper Vincent Enyeama has urged Senator Orji Uzor Kalu to rechannel his proposed investment 35% shares in Arsenal to the local club, Enyimba Football Club of Aba.

The Senator representing Abia North Senatorial Constituency had announced his intention to become a major shareholder of the Gunners and help provide the funds that would see the Londoners become Premier League and UEFA Champions League winners.

Orji Uzor Kalu was the governor when Enyimba International of Aba won back-to-back Nigeria Premier Football League and CAF Champions League titles in the earlier 2000s.

The billionaire is looking to repeat that incredible feat with Arsenal Football Club.

But Enyeama, arguably Nigeria’s greatest goalkeeper in history, wants Sen. Kalu to direct his attention at his country home’s beloved club, Enyimba, and turn it into Nigeria’s first-ever mega club.

“Why not invest that money in Enyimba and turn it into a mega-club,” the former Enyimba stalwart wrote on Twitter.

“A club that will bring in a lot of sponsors and create job opportunities for the youth.

“Nigeria has no mega-club side that we can boast of.

“(But) what do I know. My mouth keeps putting me into trouble.”

https://www.today.ng/sport/football/vincent-enyeama-urges-senator-kalu-invest-enyimba-arsenal-327468/amp?__twitter_impression=true

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by alexvic12: 3:57am On Nov 21, 2020
Really?

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Damilola97(m): 3:58am On Nov 21, 2020
Hmm
Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Donald3d(m): 3:58am On Nov 21, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by nairalee(m): 3:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Abi o

But please that Nigerian league needs to be rebranded and alot of things need to change. Investors don't just invest because of patriotism but they look at viability of the business venture.

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by salford1: 3:59am On Nov 21, 2020
For the Ex governor, charity begins from outside.

21 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Lexusgs430: 3:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Very true...... He should plough back that stolen wealth locally........

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by complexBoss12: 3:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Before you support Enyema, pls answer this question...

If I have money, as a private investor, will I invest in Arsenal FC or Enyimba of Aba??

This is business people, you don't attach sentiment. He can show more support for Enyimba, but to invest billions of pounds into it, is a waste time.

Before you tell me that he looted the money from Nigeria, its his loot. it belongs to him now, besides Nigerians generally don't hate corruption, they only hate the fact that they are not the ones doing (benefiting from) the corruption! kiss the truth.

pls I don't how I am feeling this morning, nobody should mention me pls

208 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Our money wen he theif na he wan take go buy arsenal chaii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Ade3131: 3:59am On Nov 21, 2020
Make him show am the way by investing his own money first

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Mizfabulous18(f): 4:01am On Nov 21, 2020
That abia people for u they rather go outside invest outside develop outside nd forget their hometown I wonder y they don't see the usefulness in making their state better the only thing they boast with is aba and ABA is a place that is even developed by more outsiders than abia people....I keep yabbing my hubby on this same issues other eastern state r different atleast u see even if it 30% involvement from indigenes except abia

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Okortor: 4:01am On Nov 21, 2020
Eye service politicians

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Mizfabulous18(f): 4:02am On Nov 21, 2020
Ade3131:
Make him show am the way by investing his own money first
u also hv a point sha

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Okortor: 4:03am On Nov 21, 2020
Don't u sleep,? This just 4:03am
Mizfabulous18:
u also hv a point sha
Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by 175(m): 4:04am On Nov 21, 2020
grin grin

Even our political class knows the uncertainties associated with investing in the country.

The reason they all carry their loots abroad.

Pathetic abi?

angry

4 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by riroye3263: 4:05am On Nov 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

THIS IS THE AFTERMATH OF YOUR DEARLY SUPPORTED ENDSARS PROTEST.
Fulani mongrel spotted. Paid agent working for govt. when there was sars all those years, wasn’t there kidnapping and banditry all over nigeria? Sars is became the gestapo section of the fulani police force used by buhari jihadist to terrorize people into submission as part of their almajiri conditioning program of the southern people.

8 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by joshjc(m): 4:07am On Nov 21, 2020
complexBoss12:
Before you support Enyema, pls answer this question...

If I have money, as a private investor, will I invest in Arsenal FC or Enyimba of Aba??

This is business people, you don't attach sentiment. He can show more support for Enyimba, but to invest billions of pounds into it, is a waste time. kiss the truth
you can make enyimba to be a good brand,put in things that can attract people to the games, like some match days invite a list artist to perform before or after games,that will attract alot of fans to the stadium and through there you can sell the club jersey and merchandise

6 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by nautybride: 4:07am On Nov 21, 2020
Enyimba indeed! What will be his gain o?
Is Eyimba recognized in Africa generally not to talk of World?
Sentiment apart it is money making venture we are talking about.
I hope it is his money and not the masses funds.

7 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Mizfabulous18(f): 4:10am On Nov 21, 2020
Okortor:
Don't u sleep,? This just 4:03am
nd u y r u awake ?

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by CapitalHYC(m): 4:11am On Nov 21, 2020
How Good is the league before you invest in a club in the country .. instead of them to channel that money to developing the league the fool is going to Arsenal .. you will meet your Loom OUK

4 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 21, 2020
Hmm
Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by lyriclekidd(m): 4:13am On Nov 21, 2020
Nor go misyarn oh.. cheesy grin
Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by riroye3263: 4:14am On Nov 21, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
you're also very dull. Where did you see "not"? Or you got eye or reading defects? Lemme make it clear dull man. I said SARS killed criminals AND innocent people but it does not mean we lose our country for that.
For every one death deserving criminal sars killed they have murdered 10 innocent ones among those 10 are people who are just victim of circumstances but the ever corrupt nigeria police have had their training funds embezzled by their ogas at the top leaving the people at the mercy of trigger happy alcoholic monsters as they go about in their legalized criminality of meeting the financial target placed on them by their commanding boss. Nigeria is long dead, every tribe going its way can fix their shit not under the dubious one nigeria that only benefit the landless fulani arab oligarch ruining the life of the people from the north.

3 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by contigiency(m): 4:14am On Nov 21, 2020
A very good advice Vincent Enyema. I don't know why him and Dangote are so bent on investing in Arsenal as if there are no football clubs in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by WoundedLamb: 4:15am On Nov 21, 2020
Nice one. But then again, if he does not feel it will be a good investment, we should respect that as well as we must understand he ain't doing some government job. This is his business and he wouldn't jump into an investment he's not comfortable with just to be a good Nigerian.

contigiency:
A very good advice Vincent Enyema. I don't know why him and Dangote are so bent on investing in Arsenal as if there are no football clubs in Nigeria.

Well, like we say, figures over sentiments, bro. If you were a business man with that amount of money, which club do you think your financial adviser would advice you to invest in? Like I said earlier, this is business for them and an not avenue to be patriotic. Like in any other line of business, there are many things investors consider before coming onboard, the management history, financial records of the organization and, of course, the future potentials of the organization are key. If the investor isn't comfortable with these, it would be unwise to still go on with the investment.

In this particular case, the only thing Eyimba can use to attract such big investors is their potentials (just like any other startup or small organization/club) and if the investor isn't seeing that potential (either due to the club's management history or the overall structure or lack of structure in the African football space), it would be in his best interest to back off. If he invests in Eyimba and comes out with loss or poor ROI, Nigerians would simply move on to the next person.

I personally believe in the local clubs and I feel if well funded, they'd become money making machines but I'm not the investor and I'm sure the investor has his reasons for his choice of investment cause it is the fundamental nature of business to put your money where it will grow the most and virtually everyone here would rather do a fixed deposit in Europe than in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by moneyshop: 4:15am On Nov 21, 2020
Exactly my point in the other thread
Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by bunnae(f): 4:18am On Nov 21, 2020
contigiency:
A very good advice Vincent Enyema
Good advice ke? The man is a business man, if vincent wants to be patriotic he can invest in enyimba himself. In business, everyone tends to look at the bigger scene, cos that's where the money @. It takes a lot to invest in this country. You and I know why.

2 Likes

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by kingchris30(m): 4:18am On Nov 21, 2020
This is business not patriotism

1 Like

Re: Vincent Enyeama Urges Senator Kalu To Invest In Enyimba Instead Of Arsenal by seunlayi(m): 4:19am On Nov 21, 2020
Best advice

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON: APC Governors Donate N200M To Super Eagles / Rivers United FC Players Arrive Madrid In Spain For Final Pre-season Preparation / Sparta Rotterdam Celebrate Okoye’s Clean Sheet After Eagles Draw Vs Sierra Leone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.