Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' (4936 Views)

Pastor Jailed In America For Refusing To Wed Gay Couple / Dr. John Hagee: Women Who Call God’s Name During Sex Should Be Jailed / Church Members Of Lagos Pastor Held For Drug Trafficking Disappear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by r231(m): 11:25am On Mar 19, 2011
A church pastor has been jailed for 11 and a half years after being found guilty of trafficking children into the UK for use as domestic "slaves" at her home in Barking, east London.

Lucy Adeniji brought two children and a 21-year-old woman to the UK from Africa illegally and used them as servants.

She was convicted of 17 different counts at Isleworth Crown Court.

The mother-of-five is the first person to be jailed for trafficking children into the UK for domestic servitude.

In a case that has been likened to modern-day slavery, Adeniji smuggled the three victims into Britain on false passports, and used them as servants at her home in Ray Gardens, Barking.

An illegal immigrant herself, Adeniji, 44 - originally from Nigeria - had told the victims' parents they would have a better life in the UK, but instead viciously beat them if they failed to please her.

Benefits inquiry

The abuse only came to light when one of the victims escaped from Adeniji's home after being beaten.

Adeniji was convicted last month of assault, child cruelty and facilitating illegal entry into the UK of a child.

She also admitted six counts of obtaining false passports for herself and her own children and two counts of facilitating illegal entry.

Adeniji faces a separate investigation into money she claimed in benefits for her own children.

Det Insp Gordon Valentine, of the Metropolitan Police's Operation Paladin - which targets child trafficking - said the case could be the tip of the iceberg.

"The people who are using this form of slavery in their households know it is wrong," he said.

"This case is very important because it shows victims that we can have successful prosecutions and that they can find justice."

The case has echoes of the maltreatment of Victoria Climbié who died at the hands of her guardian, Marie Therese Kouao. She and her boyfriend Carl Manning were found guilty of Victoria's murder in 2003.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12789690
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by PastorAIO: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2011
This people are playing with fire. Don't they know that they must 'touch not the lord's anointed'.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by justwise(m): 11:45am On Mar 19, 2011
Pastor AIO:

This people are playing with fire. Don't they know that they must 'touch not the lord's anointed'.

Should we take that as a joke?
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by r231(m): 11:47am On Mar 19, 2011
Pastor AIO:

unfortunately your anointed is on her way to jail for 11 good yrs grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by Sweetnecta: 11:51am On Mar 19, 2011
pastor ooo, a o yoo ee o, pastor ooo, a o yoo e.

o jii omo wa, oo fi nshee eru, pastor oo, a o yooo eee.

except that the weight of british justice falls to crush the evil doing of the pastor.

let other pastor learn from the failing of his comrade, especially when you live in london. m15 and m16 will get you.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by PastorAIO: 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2011
Why is it that the biggest, most unimaginable crimes are the ones being perpetrated by pastors, of all people?

Slavery!!! In this day and age. Another one dey knack small boys for yansh. and all kinds of orishirishi perversions. It is all beginning to show a pattern. At least their congregations are still stuck on thieving and lying. Simple economic crimes. I hope they don't now advance to crimes against humanity, crimes of a deranged mind, crimes of demonically possessed people.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by semilove: 12:14pm On Mar 19, 2011
pastors are now using the name of God as cover up to do evil things. nawaooooooooooo God is coming soon sha,
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by Sweetnecta: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^^ is He absent now that He has to come?

has anyone at anytime seen The Real God [not the playing 'God or god'] before? please clear references and or proof.

The Real God sees everything from His Position above The Throne Supreme.

He doesn't have to be among the creatures in order to effectuate His Supremacy over the creatures.

read your Bible. then pick up a Quran to read.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by thameamead(f): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2011
I hope there won't be a facebook page in support of her like the ones set up in support of that paedo -Pastor Odulate.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by nuclearboy(m): 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2011
Obviously. God is not seeing them the way the "sheep" see them.

Which would suggest the sheep look again
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by Daashy002(f): 12:44pm On Mar 19, 2011
The so called Lord's anointed should behave as one,serves her right tongue tongue tongue
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by johnjoel(m): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2011
GOD judges not you
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2011
johnjoel:

GOD judges not you

Nigerians are good at calling God's name.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by Parnassuss(m): 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2011
This na simple case of domestic abuse. Lets not over kill the woman on the 'Slavery' issue. I mean it bad but Its also done everyday right here in Naija yet nobody is crying foul. House girls/boys get treated like dirt here, SOMETIMES, and other times they don't If you have ever had domestic help check urself, there was prolly a case where you seemed like a slave-driver to the person. If British standards start applying in this country a great lot of us would fall short where we least imagine. What I am against however is her illegal entry and that of her entire family. She was just asking for trouble by sneaking in that way. Once there she cld have made an effort to secure a legit one. That is unforgivable crime to me.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by justwise(m): 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2011
Parnassuss:

This na simple case of domestic abuse. Lets not over kill the woman on the 'Slavery' issue. I mean it bad but Its also done everyday right here in Naija yet nobody is crying foul. House girls/boys get treated like dirt here, SOMETIMES, and other times they don't If you have ever had domestic help check urself, there was prolly a case where you seemed like a slave-driver to the person. If British standards start applying in this country a great lot of us would fall short where we least imagine. What I am against however is her illegal entry and that of her entire family. She was just asking for trouble by sneaking in that way. Once there she cld have made an effort to secure a legit one. That is unforgivable crime to me.

That is the bitter truth
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by ogaemma: 2:28pm On Mar 19, 2011
Pastor AIO:

Pastor AIO, I know you are one of them,and time will soon catch up with you. Pastor my foot. Pastors are the most Dangerous people in our society today.The devil uses them more than the ordinary sinner.God will expose all of you unanointed / fake Pastors, who became Pastors as a result of umemployment and economic hardship!
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by seunlayi(m): 2:34pm On Mar 19, 2011
ogaemma:

Pastor AIO, I know you are one of them,and time will soon catch up with you. Pastor my foot. Pastors are the most Dangerous people in our society today.The devil uses them more than the ordinary sinner.God will expose all of you unanointed / fake Pastors, who became Pastors as a result of umemployment and economic hardship!
hmn
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by hackney(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2011
Them full barking and ilford.
yeye area.
cool
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by PastorAIO: 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2011
ogaemma:

How you take know me? Abi you get crystal ball? Oga Emma, abeg face emma for house, and spare NL your rash pronouncements.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by Ymodulus: 3:02pm On Mar 19, 2011
and na PASTOR him beee o, wonders shall never end which denomination come be this
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by DECOtech(m): 3:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
Na wah oh! , God go need plenty Personal Asistants on judgment day.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by baslone: 3:50pm On Mar 19, 2011
They are all the same! They are either scamming, extorting, fornicating, touching kids, trafficking or performing false miracles!
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by eghost247(m): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2011
Pastor AIO:

anointed my A.S.S
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by ak47mann(m): 4:50pm On Mar 19, 2011
this one na H lipsrsealed lipsrsealed :-XOLY GHOST FIREEEEE grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2011
Pastor AIO pronouncement is a sarcasm. I guess he meant otherwise.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by soloj1(m): 6:30pm On Mar 19, 2011
I reckon the said woman-pastor wasn't really a pastor in the first place. There are quite a handful of them out there who have actually called themselves into the ministry, instead of being called by God.
Perhaps she was called but lost her calling. In either case, she just demonstrated by her fruit that she was a 'hireling' who exploits the sheep for her selfish reasons, instead of a 'true shepherd' who will even die- if need be, for the sheep. Judgment has indeed started in the house of God.
We are watching. shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by sulad82i(m): 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
[size=16pt]Modern day slavery[/size]

Its okay in 9ja when deh do this but a big offense in oyinbo land. I hope pple like that out there will be thought more lesson.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by 1honeybee: 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2011
This is very common in nig even among dem pastor ppl. I know of this woman who's a redeem pastor or watever but her house helps don't eat with the rest of the family. these girls have to eat in the kitchen after the needs of her children has been met. Her first born was about 15 then and she had no idea how the broom in their house was used. When this woman is going to church on sunday, the house helps stay behind to do the laundry, her husband was very popular before he died few yrs ago and things were apparently better with the children and maids then. its a very pathetic case in nig.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by eridah2007(m): 7:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
Im sure she forgot that she was in The uk
She think say UK be like 9ja where ppl dey treat their house help any how and then get away wit it.
Make she go smell d shit wey she shit. angry
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by Olumogun: 8:01pm On Mar 19, 2011
Here come another opportunity for those that do not want to hear anything about PASTORS to spew out HOT again.
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2011
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Pastors, eh?

When did ''Pastor'' become a job?

When did ''Pastor'' become a title?

Anyone who is a Christian knows
that real pastors are made, by God Himself!

Has it occurred to y'all that anytime you hear of ''Pastor this''
''Pastor that'' caught doing something bad, it may be God
exposing those phonies dragging God's name in the mud?

God no dey do ''cover up'', o!

''Pastors'', Beware!!
Re: Pastor Jailed For Trafficking African Child 'slaves' by tlops(m): 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2011
Jeezuzpick:

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Pastors, eh?

When did ''Pastor'' become a job?

When did ''Pastor'' become a title?

Anyone who is a Christian knows
that real pastors are made, by God Himself!

Has it occurred to y'all that anytime you hear of ''Pastor this''
''Pastor that'' caught doing something bad, it may be God
exposing those phonies dragging God's name in the mud?

God no dey do ''cover up'', o!

''Pastors'', Beware!!

How do you know God-made and man-made?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wives And Women : Stop Worshiping Your Pastor - A must read / What Evidence Would Change Your Present Atheistic Postulations? @ NL Atheists / Pls Take Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.