Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> (8540 Views)

Atiku Abubakar's Comment After Arsenal Match / NN24, Nigeria's News Channel Folds Up / Presidential Debate on NN24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2011
PROF WOLE SOYINKA'S COMMENT AFTER NN24 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE

"It will take total blindness to vote for the PDP in 2011.

Only 4 sets of people can vote for the PDP:

(1) those who are intellectually blind.
(2) those who are blinded by ethnicity
(3) those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should power change hands; and finally
(4) those who are suffering from a combination of the above terminal sicknesses" , 

Prof.Wole Soyinka. After the debate

It has been brought to my notice that certain text messages of a political nature are being sent out over my name. I have actually seen one of them. I wish to alert the public that these messages are fraudulent and did not emanate from me. I have sent no text or email messages whatsoever to any individual or circulation list, and have no plans to do so. To the best of my knowledge, forgery in any circumstances remains a criminal act even in Nigeria. I therefore draw the attention of the police to this unsavoury development on the rapidly degenerating political scene and call for prompt action before it becomes rampant

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-628749.0.html
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by EnuguUkwu: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2011
so?
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by monkeyleg: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2011
What a danming indictment from an eminent renowed Nobel Laureate. I would suggest all PDP pundits Identify thier class before they speak on here. That way we can fully understand where they are coming from

@Enugu_Ukwu, Pleae select the Set you belong to before commenting
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by wesley80(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2011
Place a link or name the source of your quote or shut your traps!
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Orikinla(m): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2011
Geniuses think alike. I have already said that only dummies or fools will vote for the PDP.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2011
Alert!!! There is a new nuisance on NL Enugu Mumu
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by nvo5(f): 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2011
Please can someone throw more light on the
presidential debate, I didn't get to watch it.
I never plane to vote for pdp, cpc or acn they
are all the same. I will vote with my conscience.
most of us(Nigerian"s) are blinded by ethnicity,
I will not be surprised if pdp wins.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by victorazy(m): 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2011
nvo5:

Please can someone throw more light on the
presidential debate, I didn't get to watch it.
I never plane to vote for pdp, cpc or acn they
are all the same. I will vote with my conscience.
most of us(Nigerian"s) are blinded by ethnicity,
I will not be surprised if pdp wins.

You must be good in politics
Am not even voting for anyone because they are all the same
After all that will be said and done, PDP will still win because they are the most supreme in
spiritual rhem
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by wise(m): 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2011
Let the war of words begin, I am tired and sick of all this noise. IF U REALLY WANT TO MAKE CONCRETE IMPACT, THEN START CAMPAIGNING FOR IN UR FAMILY,NEIGHBORHOOD ,CITY AND STATE.  All this noise on Nairaland won't changed a thing. We like bragging, noise making but when it comes to ACTION, na another story.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Manpikin1(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2011
I'll be voting for Buhari when the time comes. Enough is enough.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by dangiwa09(m): 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2011
Assuming Wole Soyinka said that, should it then negate your ability to intellectually make your own analysis and determination. It doesn't automatically become so, just because Wole Soyinka said so. Use your own intellect, make your own original analysis, use you brain, you have one, trust me. Stop worshipping and following personalities blindly and verbatim, it's the bane of our problems.

Personally, I think Buhari is the best man for the job at hand at this time. But NOT because Wole Soyinka, or anybody else for that matter said so. But because of Buhari's antecedents. BTW, I'm from the the South.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by timbuktwo: 6:10pm On Mar 21, 2011
wise:

Let the war of words begin, I am tired and sick of all this noise. IF U REALLY WANT TO MAKE CONCRETE IMPACT, THEN START CAMPAIGNING FOR IN your FAMILY,NEIGHBORHOOD ,CITY AND STATE.  All this noise on Nairaland won't changed a thing. We like bragging, noise making but when it comes to ACTION, na another story.

speak for yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-611008.160.html
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2011
Man_pikin!:

I'll be voting for Buhari when the time comes. Enough is enough.
Seconded
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2011
I hate statements like PDP will still win whats the use,that's a defeatist attitude.obviously PDP will win if everyone thinks like that
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by desholah(m): 6:31pm On Mar 21, 2011
I respect the old man . . .He's the right man if he's to contest. undecided
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by victorazy(m): 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2011
pc guru:

I hate statements like PDP will still win whats the use,that's a defeatist attitude.obviously PDP will win if everyone thinks like that

My brother, you don't have to be angry.
There is no sentiment attached to it.
The truth is that, PDP will surely win.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by gentleasia(m): 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2011
AM A MEMBER OF THE ACN BUT I WILL VOTE FOR BUHARI, EVERYBODY ARE TALKING ABOUT BUHARI,
PDP WILL DIE UNTIMELY DEATH, IF THEY TRY TO RIG THIS ELECTION.
GOD DON DEY CATCH THEM FOR OYO STATE, SEE HOW THEM THEY FOLLOW THEMSELVES.
UNA GO SEE SAY THEN GO WAN SWEEP THIS ISSUE FOR UNDER CARPET.
GOD PUNISH PDP AS THEY HAVE DESTROYED OUR COUNTRY (PEOPLE DESTROY PEOPLE)

BUHARI WE FROM SOUTH SOUTH THEY YOUR BACK, I GO ARRANGE MY FAMILY MEMBERS TO VOTE FOR YOU.

MAKE WE THEY LOOK AS THEN WANT TAKE CHANGE HAM, IF CARE ITS NOT TAKEN, IF ANY SIGN OF RIGGING HAPPENED, WE SHALL ALL PROTEST, WETIN THEY HAPPENED FOR ALL THIS ARAB COUNTRY NOR BE FILM TRICK OH, NIA REAL.

ALL I NEED IS A GOOD GOVERNANCE FOR MY COUNTRY IRRESPECTIVE OF THE RELIGION AND REGION.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Azedplus(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2011
THANK GOD AM OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT PDP HAS NOTHING TO OFFER THIS COUNTRY, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHOEVER THEY PRESENT NOT EVEN A GEJ (a man without direction or ambition but wishing himself luck), BB TICKET I BELIEVE IS WHAT THE NATION NEED AT THIS TIME CONSIDERING THE RATE OF DECADENCE OF THINGS i hope we can groom RIBADU/DORA for 2015.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by gymer(m): 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2011
victorazy:

Seconded!! PDP will surely win the presidency. My vote is for GEJ.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by timbuktwo: 6:59pm On Mar 21, 2011
victorazy:

pdp is FAR from stable. they are an amalgamation of interests. unfortunately for them, those interests are not aligned at the moment.

big tings a gwarn. you know wha me a say rude boy.  wink

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5684546-146/wikileaks_cable_the_pdp_lacks_key.csp
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by 9ijaMan: 7:17pm On Mar 21, 2011
blink182:

Seconded
Thirded! grin grin
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:21pm On Mar 21, 2011
Sadly his comments cannot turn a dumb-as.s (like enugu_uwku) into a brilliant stallion. there will always be people like Nsiman, Beaf, Enugu_uwku, Ma_j_blige and whatever umbrella they have pitched under. they will continue to sell their conscience, their pride and their freedom and their future to the dire corruption will be the death of Nigeria someday.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Rhino5dm: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2011
^^^corrected! cool

lagerwhenindoubt:

Sadly his comments cannot turn a dumb-behind (like enugu_uwku Beaf) into a brilliant stallion. there will always be people like Nsiman Beaf, Beaf, Enugu_uwku Beaf, Ma_j_blige Beaf and whatever umbrella umblela they have pitched under. they will continue to sell their conscience, their pride and their freedom and their future to the dire corruption will be the death of Nigeria someday.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2011
victorazy:

You must be good in politics
Am not even voting for anyone because they are all the same
After all that will be said and done, PDP will still win because they are the most supreme in
spiritual rhem

If you can vote, but choose not to, what are you here to say then? Don't you see that you will only be same like them since by refusing to vote, if you can, you also play a part in denying Nigerians a chance of a better future?
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by gwas(m): 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2011
we shall see.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2011
ALMUSTAQIM:

PROF WOLE SOYINKA'S COMMENT AFTER NN24 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE

"It will take total blindness to vote for the PDP in 2011.

Only 4 sets of people can vote for the PDP:

(1) those who are intellectually blind.
(2) those who are blinded by ethnicity
(3) those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should power change hands; and finally
(4) those who are suffering from a combination of the above terminal sicknesses" ,  

Prof.Wole Soyinka. After the debate.

That must be beaf !
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Beaf: 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

That must be beaf !

My small toe is smarter than your generations.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Beaf: 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2011
As Wesley80 said, you people provide a link or be classified as liars.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 21, 2011
freaking idiiot always looking for source even when a blind man knows that it takes more than luck to be a good leader .
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by Beaf: 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

freaking idiiot always looking for source even when a blind man knows that it takes more than luck to be a good leader .

Not everyone is a semi-literate rat catcher thats spends their life on burukutu and believes the nearest rumour.
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by sochan: 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2011
@Beaf,

you should have done the honourable thing and choose you classification. I will bet money you will fall under the 4 set.

http://www.247nigeria.com/wole-soyinkas-final-verdict-on-the-pdp-of-nigeria
Re: Prof Wole Soyinka's Comment After Nn24 Presidential Debate <<FALSE>> by hlexzy: 8:04pm On Mar 21, 2011
Go and cut your hair! angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ojukwu Was A Dictator – Phillip Effiong / When Is Tinubu Going To Be Probed? Check Out His Oriental Hotel: / Kunle Poly's Deputy (piero Ganiu) Shot Dead At Idumota This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.