Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion (61466 Views)

Converting Right Hand Drive Vehicles To Left: Any Issues? / Changing From Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
@lexusgs430. Got ur mail. Will get back to you.delay has been due to this festive period. Thanks
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
i dont get the point of this conversion thing, is the RHD car cheaper that would warrant buying and converting to LHD or is there other reason that would make one not buy a LHD car that is manufactured and coupled by the manufacturer to their standard and specification, pls enlighten me
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by mas76y: 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2012
Hi,
any idea how much it would cost to convert a 406 2003 model, from right hand to left hand, i just got one from uk
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 9:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
@mas76y. Is the car still in the uk or nija. R u in the uk or nija. If u r in the uk, u can call 07850270048 or email biyiade2@yahoo.com. There is a deal of the conversion of a 406
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by jayJR(m): 9:36pm On Feb 13, 2012
Very impressive forum up here!, I have heard a lot of stories about converted vehicles. I was told peugeot and japanese cars are more reliable when converted. I m looking to buy a 5series coja within the next few weeks and would like to know how much it would cost to convert it left hand drive, also is it adviceable to?, i ll be in Lagos on Monday 20/2/2012 and would like to finalise on this issue if possible visit a potential workshop. you can mail me on afolabiabodunde@yahoo.com or 08098051010
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2012
@jayjr
Just has u have noticed that cars can be professionally converted from RHD to LHD based on two major conditions, one of which is doing a proper research to confirm that
The parts needed for the conversion of ur car is available. If these parts are not available locally, then source for them internationally(uk or europe). Another factor is
Getting ur car converted professionally by a reputable engineer who has the technical know-how to do the conversion properly.

For all ur need regarding parts such as dashboards, racks, consoles, mechanisms among others, pls
Contact. Ade on 07850270048 or email biyiade2@yahoo.com
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by jayJR(m): 12:11am On Feb 14, 2012
thanks for your reply, Ill get in touch with the contact you gave as soon as I can, Thanks
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by mas76y: 11:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
@adebyte
where are your engineers located.
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 11:54pm On Feb 14, 2012
@mas76y
United kingdom and ladipo(nigeria)
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by mas76y: 7:30pm On Feb 15, 2012
so, are you saying you can do the conversion in the uk, before the car even arrives naija
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ADEBYTE: 7:44pm On Feb 15, 2012
Mars76y
Yea. Pls send information about ur car to biyiade2@yahoo.com
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ndchuka: 8:35pm On May 18, 2012
Hello biyiade2@yahoo.com,you did not reply my earlier enquiry.Pls can you convert the drive of a 2000 ford cougar as i intend to bring one into the country.What will be your charge for the conversion,materials included.Thanks
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ndchuka: 8:36pm On May 18, 2012
Hello biyiade2@yahoo.com,you did not reply my earlier enquiry.Pls can you convert the drive of a 2000 ford cougar as i intend to bring one into the country.What will be your charge for the conversion,materials included.Send reply to nd.chuka@hotmail.com.Thanks
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by herdayniyi(m): 9:57pm On May 18, 2012
Good day sir pls how much would you help me to convert my Honda CRV 1999 model its manual drive o.
Here is email address adeniyiokunariwo2007@yahoo.com
Thank you sir
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by lerry009ri: 2:54pm On May 19, 2012
HOW MUCH WILL COST TO CONVERT TOYOTA CAMRY 2003 RHD TO LHD

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by udokpuenyi(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
Apart from specifying the yr/model of the car you intend to convert to LHD, pls specify the color of your interior, that is a determining factor when searching for the dashboard
lerry009ri: HOW MUCH WILL COST TO CONVERT TOYOTA CAMRY 2003 RHD TO LHD

If this 2.4 , the price is 200k, it is a straight job

herdayniyi: Good day sir pls how much would you help me to convert my Honda CRV 1999 model its manual drive o.
Here is email address adeniyiokunariwo2007@yahoo.com
Thank you sir

things come into play when converting this car

1. A dashboard with its hanging beam
2.steering column (hand gear)
3. New wiper stick
4.New doormat (not always)
5. The wiring materials will be provided by the auto electrician doing the wiring

While converting this car, you can refurbish the dashboard HANGING BEAM if your have a good panel man, buy new wiper stick , may or may not change the two door mats but you cannot avoid buying the upper steering column. The conversion cost is relatively 300k if you want to replace all needed parts
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ay0808: 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2012
Hello Sir,

How much will it cost to convert a 2006 model BMW 535d
Please kindly send me details on ay0808@gmail.com
so that we can get it done asap.
And moreso can you help get the dashboard.
awaiting your response via email.

kind regards
Ayo.
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by TRINITY007(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2012
Pls i will like you to tell me how much it will cost to convert a right hand Audi A4, 2002 model. i need it done urgently before traveling the car is presently in Ibadan.Pls i wont mind if you can send me your phone number to call you and discuss fully. aikidav@yahoo.co.uk/aikidav@gmail.com. God bless you.

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by qatar13: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2012
Pls how much does it cost to change volkwagen passat 2002 model from RHD to LHD is UK car
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by bode1983: 6:52pm On Nov 24, 2012
hello plz i need toyota avensis 1998 model dash board and steering rack what is the price plz
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by rich007007: 11:10pm On Dec 08, 2012
GM008: I've got a RHD Honda Accord 2001, how much will it cost to convert this and do you have the dash board locally? What state are you based? Pic of the car enclosed

Hi GM008,

Where you able to covert this car successfully and how much? I have the same car arriving Uk real soon.

Thanks
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by cmax16: 4:08am On Jan 17, 2013
udokpuenyi: Apart from specifying the yr/model of the car you intend to convert to LHD, pls specify the color of your interior, that is a determining factor when searching for the dashboard

If this 2.4 , the price is 200k, it is a straight job

How much would it cost to change a BMW 7 series (e38) 1999 model from RHD to LHD? how long would the lead time be? (stay in your garage)

things come into play when converting this car

1. A dashboard with its hanging beam
2.steering column (hand gear)
3. New wiper stick
4.New doormat (not always)
5. The wiring materials will be provided by the auto electrician doing the wiring

While converting this car, you can refurbish the dashboard HANGING BEAM if your have a good panel man, buy new wiper stick , may or may not change the two door mats but you cannot avoid buying the upper steering column. The conversion cost is relatively 300k if you want to replace all needed parts
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by cmax16: 4:10am On Jan 17, 2013
udokpuenyi: @Adebyte,

No problem bro, carry on , no shaking as 2baba dey talkam

How much would it cost to change a BMW 7 series (e38) 1999 model from RHD to LHD? how long would the lead time be? (stay in your garage)

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by omo4light: 12:07am On Aug 29, 2013
Can any of the car conversion expert pls tell me what it will cost to convert my RHD CAR to LHD. The car make is
Toyota Avensis, 1998 Model, 4-cylinder engine. The dashboard pix is shown below;
please send me reply on 08130209728 0r tomogiade@yahoo.com. Thanks
[img][/img]

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by spiaggia: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
I have noticed some Toyota Picnic cars being paraded for sale with the automatic transmission gear lever on the floor like it is in a Camry. Is this safe considering that the Toyota picnic has it's gear close to the Steering originally
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ping2ping: 9:56am On Sep 05, 2013
spiaggia: I have noticed some Toyota Picnic cars being paraded for sale with the automatic transmission gear lever on the floor like it is in a Camry. Is this safe considering that the Toyota picnic has it's gear close to the Steering originally

Really? Could you post the link? I heard recently from my mechanic that some Toyota Picnic come with Camry Engine though he did not say anything about using same gear/gear selector.
Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by ping2ping: 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
How much does it cost to convert this 2001 Toyota Ipsum

Re: Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion by lerry009ri: 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
ping2ping: How much does it cost to convert this 2001 Toyota Ipsum
MY BROTHER WANT SEND ME ONE FROM UK.PLEASE HOW MUCH CAN YOU CONVERT IT

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / How Much Does It Actually Cost To Get A Drivers License In Nigeria? / See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.