Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:15 AM

More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel (5250 Views)

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Mar 22, 2011
[size=13pt]More than 8,000 Libyans killed in revolt: rebel[/size]

(Reuters) - More than 8,000 Libyans aligned with the rebel movement that rose up against Muammar Gaddafi have been killed in the revolt against his rule, a spokesman for the rebel movement told Al Jazeera Sunday.

"Our dead and martyrs number more than 8,000 killed," Abdel Hafiz Ghoga said.

He criticized Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa over comments that appeared to be critical of military action by the United States and its allies against Libya.

The Arab League had called for the imposition of a no-fly zone over Libya to protect civilians from Gaddafi's forces but Moussa Sunday condemned "the bombardment of civilians."

"What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone, and what we want is the protection of civilians and not the bombardment of more civilians," Egypt's state news agency quoted Moussa as saying.

Ghoga said: "Today, when the secretary general spoke, I was surprised."

"What is the mechanism that stops the extermination of the people in Libya, what is the mechanism, Mr. Secretary General? If the protection of civilians is not a humanitarian obligation, what is the mechanism that you propose to us?" he asked.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/03/20/us-libya-east-toll-idUSTRE72J43620110320

http://blogs.reuters.com/fullfocus/2011/03/21/editors-choice/#a=2
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Dsense(m): 2:08am On Mar 22, 2011
@Topic,
This is what i've been proclaiming . . . . Air or Infantry Troops by the westerners (SUNDANCE) angry is not gonna get Gaddafi in time,Instead killing the civiliance they claim to protect . . .They gonna keep kiling the citizen and later start to rape them them kill them . , Just like they are doing in IRAQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY-_JsNrxiM

I'm happy Obama had his azz whooped in that link. . . . .Coward country!!!
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 2:23am On Mar 22, 2011
uum . . . If you read the article again, you would understand that the man is not complaining of the military strikes. In period of one month, Ghaddafi has taken out 8000 of his own people. That is what the article is telling you.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by pleep(m): 2:24am On Mar 22, 2011
"Our dead and martyrs number more than 8,000 killed," Abdel Hafiz Ghoga said.

who is Abdel Hafiz Ghoga?, oh right he is part of the "national transitional council" that wants to ghaddafi to leave office so he is one of the protesters.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by mamagee3(f): 2:28am On Mar 22, 2011
The nomber of dead Libyans since protest is said to be 10,000. . .

The number in this thread is not accurate.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Nobody: 2:38am On Mar 22, 2011
Number of civilians that American government killed in IRAQ,AFGHAN, is still running into millions,why can't try George Bush for war crime,Obama didn't comment on Bahrian,Yemen coz they av ties, There is no trouble in arab world until they trouble maker came,
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Mar 22, 2011
mohumyta:

Number of civilians that American government killed in IRAQ,AFGHAN, is still running into millions,why can't try George Bush for war crime,Obama didn't comment on Bahrian,Yemen coz they av ties, There is no trouble in arab world until they trouble maker came, 

Since you feel the killings are JUSTIFIED in your way, why not immediately move your whole family down to libya so you can share this fate with these people? undecided undecided
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 22, 2011
Sorry,i don't have family maybe that's y i don't know the pain they are goin through; overall is Internal problem,why don't they support Rwanda in the days of the genocide, All what i know is because of their selfish interests to want to protect civilian and getting them killed
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 3:00am On Mar 22, 2011
mohumyta:

Sorry,i don't have family maybe that's y i don't know the pain they are goin through; overall is Internal problem,why don't they support Rwanda in the days of the genocide, All what i know is because of their selfish interests to want to protect civilian and getting them killed

They? Oh wait, you are the one JUSTIFYING the killings here and if you truly do not have family, you can still move down there yourself. Go Join the libyan down in Libya and tell them you are in support of their being killed by their former President.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Dsense(m): 4:11am On Mar 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

uum . . . If you read the article again, you would understand that the man is not complaining of the military strikes. In period of one month, Ghaddafi has taken out 8000 of his own people. That is what the article is telling you.
Aint talking bout the article madam . . .Just expressing my previous comment right again undecided undecided undecided

If you are talking bout the number of citizens down in Libya . . .Why don't you talk bout the number US and others are

taking down in IRAQ,AFGAHN,Somali,Palestein ''Indirectly'' . .and others? hmmm?

Is Libya Obama father's country Or US CITIZEN's country? . .The national can sort out their problem within themselves . .They were already doing that till the OPPONENTS in Libya heard that US and otherz are sending troops then they start to move back pretending they can't handle Gaddafi . Tell me who gave them the support that saw them through the overthrowing of some cities they claimed days ago?
We all know Westerners are just gonna kill Gaddafi THEN INSTIGATE OTHER CRISIS in that country . . . .LATER THEY LL START stealing,Violating ,Torturing prisoners like . . lipsrsealed . .And steal their PETROL . . . .tHAT'S WHAT THAT LAME COUNTRY IS GOOD AT!!!
They should come to Africa and tell us what they have achieved before taking ON Arabs . . .Douchebag COUNTRY!!

Unfortunately they continue disturbing countries in the search for their preferences . . . Blood VS PETROL . . I guess!!!
Coward Lizard!!

I'm not supporting Gaddafi and will never do that . . . .But No more troops!!!
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 4:50am On Mar 22, 2011
D-sense:

Aint talking bout the article madam . . .Just expressing my previous comment right again undecided undecided undecided

If you are talking bout the number of citizens down in Libya . . .Why don't you talk bout the number US and others are

What is the topic here? If you have discussion ADHD, and are unable to focus on the discussion, then know that I am has grin, I prefer to stick to the topic at hand! Right now those who are dying in Libya are libyans and they are speaking to get our attention, if you feel their voice is not worth much to you, then find someone else to bother with your complaints.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Nobody: 5:14am On Mar 22, 2011
the rebels in that picture look somehow.

anyway, its a war so nothing's pretty about that.

how far with the sudan referendum btw.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

What is the topic here? If you have discussion ADHD, and are unable to focus on the discussion, then know that I am has grin, I prefer to stick to the topic at hand! Right now those who are dying in Libya are libyans and they are speaking to get our attention, if you feel their voice is not worth much to you, then find someone else to bother with your complaints.

I'm sure Libyan doesn't want foreign intervention especially coming from US,as usual US drag UN into this no fly zone and supplying the rebels with arms. Arab league and Africa Union are backing out after forcing them to support the no fly zone.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On Mar 22, 2011
mohumyta:

I'm sure Libyan doesn't want foreign intervention especially coming from US,as usual US drag UN into this no fly zone and supplying the rebels with arms. Arab league and Africa Union are backing out after forcing them to support the no fly zone.

Shows you have not been listening. The only reason the world decided to step in was because the Arab League, and Libyans around the world have been calling for something to be done to help safeguard their people and families. If you could remove yourself from the equation, you would notice that even Egyptians are now sending weapons in to help the people protect themselves from the president's forces. But I guess it is hard for you to see that since you are stuck on the west so hard that nothing else makes a sound to you.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by sley4life(m): 8:26am On Mar 22, 2011
crap. Gaddafi should b hanged like his colleague Sadam
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by violent(m): 8:39am On Mar 22, 2011
Why do People make this thing an "American" thing?  when so many countries are involved?

America was one of the last countries to back military support, i don't see anyone mentioning France on this thread.

As for those who think because coalition forces haven't intervened in genocidal cases in the past, it shouldn't do the same in the future or the present, I wonder if you people have an IQ figure the same number as your age.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by eghost247(m): 9:18am On Mar 22, 2011
violent:

Why do People make this thing an "American" thing?  when so many countries are involved?

America was one of the last countries to back military support, i don't see anyone mentioning France on this thread.

As for those who think because coalition forces haven't intervened in genocidal cases in the past, it shouldn't do the same in the future or the present, I wonder if you people have an IQ figure the same number as your age.
Lives have been lost the man should just step down
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by tunnytox(m): 9:20am On Mar 22, 2011
mohumyta:

[b]I'm sure Libyan doesn't want foreign intervention especially coming from US,[/b]as usual US drag UN into this no fly zone and supplying the rebels with arms. Arab league and Africa Union are backing out after forcing them to support the no fly zone.

what are you talking about? you don't live in Libya yet you are sure that Libyans don't need help from the US? may be they'll need help from Arab league or from the lame body called AU both of who are going to do nothing to avert the looming bloodbath in Benghazi, It was obvious that Gadafi was going for a massacre in Benghazi yet the stupid Arab league and AU stand by doing nothing and you said the Libyans don't need help and you insinuating that residents of Benghazi are not Libyans?, the small children, the sick the elderly and other harmless civilians who could have been massacred by the gadafi merciless merceneries, my friend you post make no sense at all please think deeply before you post I'm sure the UN will not have passed this resoluation or even bombed Libya at all if Gadafi sues for peace and offered to step down as being requested by the populace.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by vishnu2: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2011
How can any sane human being criticize the west for coming to the aid of the helpless Libyans who are being murdered in their own country by their own government. There are many things which the UN has done in the past and which they wouldn't be willing to do in this present era, such as there silence on the Rwandan genocide and citing such case as evidence against their intervention in Libya's would be pogrom is tantamount to denying the possibility of human progress.
At times the tree that bear the fruit of everlasting peace is best watered with blood.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Jenifa1: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2011
So, is this Libya crisis going to escalate into a full blown war (with American involvement as usual)?
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by sadyeek(m): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2011
i just cant imagine how people think the west is doing the right thing by sticking their nose were it doesnt belong. what you peoole fail to see is the fact that ghadafi wasnt killing inlocent civilians but those stubbon rabels who refuse to back down and are trying to cause instability to libya. comon guy if it were u, would u just sit back and watch a group of rabels funded by most probably the west to take over your country?? most deff not.
the west always brings trouble, i mean look at afghanistan and iraq. israel massacre thousands of innocent palistines but no airforce of any sort came to the rescue, it obviosly got something else to it other than goodwill. i dont mean ghadafi is right to stick to power but i am in support of war against those western bullies who for some reason think of them selves as leaders of the free world.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by onyengbu: 10:20am On Mar 22, 2011
violent:

First check out the names of those doing it:
1. mohumyta
2. sadyeek

does these names ring a bell?
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by sadyeek(m): 10:53am On Mar 22, 2011
[code][/code]
[/quote][quote author=onye_ngbu* link=topic=628477.msg7960829#msg7960829 date=1300785654]
1. mohumyta
2. sadyeek

Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by sadyeek(m): 10:56am On Mar 22, 2011
[code][/code]
[/quote][quote author=onye_ngbu* link=topic=628477.msg7960829#msg7960829 date=1300785654]
1. mohumyta
2. sadyeek

i am generalizing here, not just talking about the US alone, even though emphasis z been made on them.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by nanidee(f): 10:57am On Mar 22, 2011
shocked shocked see that woman o, sad
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Horus(m): 11:25am On Mar 22, 2011
[size=14pt]Libyan bombing 'unconstitutional', Republicans warn Obama[/size]

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/22/libyan-conflict-unconstitutional-obama-warned
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Bastage: 11:31am On Mar 22, 2011
Without getting into the legal aspects of the No-fly zone, what I find amusing is that the Republicans are complaining yet it was under their government that they illegally invaded Iraq.

Does anyone else see hypocrisy?
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 22, 2011
Western hype, has the figure been verified? Some claimed this war is not about oil but humanitarian necessity, but the no fly zone has now been interpreted and expanded to include assasination inspite of claims by the invaders that they've been able to stop Gadaffi troops from attacking rebels in benghazi, thereby empowering these so called civilians "rebels" to overthrow the govt. It means the so called no fly zone is just a front to murder Gadaffi and impose a puppet regime in libya by these western hypocrites and their allies!
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by igbsam(m): 11:53am On Mar 22, 2011
So many Daft people on NL, Reading it upside down. I came back to Nigeria from Libya after a short visit and during the wake of the protest. If u were there to see things for your self, you would accept that libya needs to be liberated from this man called Ghaddafi. Imagine the people living in the fear of him or saying anything against him. His soldiers do what they like. Killing means nothing to him. This guy is killing the people he's ruling and you want the international community to sit back and look ? What happens to the African Union, oh, they are scared of him 2 ? The US are not the ones killing the citizens, its ghadaffi himself.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by sadyeek(m): 12:21pm On Mar 22, 2011
[/quote]
Timehin:

Western hype, has the figure been verified? Some claimed this war is not about oil but humanitarian necessity, but the no fly zone has now been interpreted and expanded to include assasination inspite of claims by the invaders that they've been able to stop Gadaffi troops from attacking rebels in benghazi, thereby empowering these so called civilians "rebels"  to overthrow the govt. It means the so called no fly zone is just a front to murder Gadaffi and impose a puppet regime in libya by these western hypocrites and their allies!

no one talk am pass u!

[quote author=igbsam link=topic=628477.msg7961367#msg7961367 date=1300791181]
So many Daft people on NL, Reading it upside down. I came back to Nigeria from Libya after a short visit and during the wake of the protest. If u were there to see things for your self, you would accept that libya needs to be liberated from this man called Ghaddafi. Imagine the people living in the fear of him or saying anything against him. His soldiers do what they like. Killing means nothing to him. This guy is killing the people he's ruling and you want the international community to sit back and look ? What happens to the African Union, oh, they are scared of him 2 ? The US are not the ones killing the citizens, its ghadaffi himself.

no need for insults ok, every 1 is just expressing their view,
say its true what you say about him, ghadafi is the person who made libya what it is today, ahead of its peers. you said u just came back can you honesty compair your country to libya?? if it is truely as bad as u guys make it sound then watin dey carry una go there?
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by igbsam(m): 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
sadyeek:

no one talk am pass u!

no need for insults ok, every 1 is just expressing their view,
say its true, ghadafi is the person who made libya what it is today, ahead of its peers. you dat just came back can you compair your country to libya?? if it is truely as bad as u guys make it sound then watin dey carry una go there?
I didn't go there to live. Went there on a business trip for my firm. True we have Nigerians trying to earn a living there and its not only in libya that we have Nigerians or other foreigners, they move to other countries too. Why would the citizen of libya be living in fear of the man. Fine the guy developed the country to what it is. But lo and behold, there are other areas that are worst than Ajegunle there. Just like Nigeria, they show u d finest places and u feel nigeria is paradise, so it is there. u say something against ghadaffi just like we say all sort of things against GEJ and other politicians here. say it and be heard by one of his soldiers, then u have a room waiting for u in one of his dirty jail. The people are tired of all this, dats why they are asking for liberation.
Re: More Than 8,000 Libyans Killed In Revolt: Rebel by Abayomin70(m): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2011
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chinese Use Prisoners As Expatriates In Nigeria / Thai Girl ... Half Human, Half Snake / War Against The North: Huge U.S. Aircraft Carrier Arrives South Korea(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.