Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? (1089 Views)

The Woman's Breasts Belongs To Who?..find Out / Three Catigory Of Virgin, Which Catigory She Belongs To / How To Know He/she Belongs To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by Zaynee63: 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2011
I am a young man in the throes of a bitter break up right now with my now ex-girlfriend.
We liked each other or I think it seemed she liked me as much as I genuinely liked her when we first started about a year ago but I must confess that throughout the relationship, we were at loggerheads for at least 70% of the time over this or that one… in short we have so many individual differences. But I trudged on with her because I figured that it was normal since we were from 2 different individual backgrounds and personal histories. I must confess that I think she did her bit too in trying to tolerate my negatives too.
Anyway, I committed everything about myself to this relationship: my hard-earned money, all my spare time, everything- she made me decide to abstain from sex (or even romance during our few moments alone together, she’d say she is fasting etc) until we get engaged and I have ensured that I did (unless self service is cheating!).
Now we have fought again as usual and this time around, she pulled an emotional trigger that seems to have dissolved everything I feel for her. I don’t want to go into the long details but my problem now is that I very much want to believe that this relationship is a wreckage and cannot be salvaged but I am finding it difficult*. The reason I need to is because on her part, she has said that she is no longer interested and has in fact totally shut down on me.
I feel she is treating me as if she has been doing me a favor staying in a relationship with me and that why should I be begging her anyway- afterall, if she really loves me, she’d fight to keep the relationship?
In my line of work, I run into young single ladies who are veritable replacements for this girl but I don’t want to start another relationship that will get scuttled once this girl decides to come back. I need to bury her in my archives but I don’t know how to. Can anyone help?

*I got an air of clarity that the reason am finding it so difficult is because I am yet to come to terms with the fact that I should let slip away what I have invested so much in. And I think this is close to the truth.
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 22, 2011

undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by 190: 12:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked ujujoan
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by Odunnu: 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2011
In order words, you love her so much the door is still open for her to come in whenever she so desires?
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by Zaynee63: 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2011
@odunnu: yea, kind of. Now i need to contrive some kind of unopenable boltto seal dt door,
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by MrsChima(f): 1:57pm On Mar 22, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by kaycrystal(m): 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2011
*I got an air of clarity that the reason am finding it so difficult is because I am yet to come to terms with the fact that I should let slip away what I have[b] invested[/b] so much in. And I think this is close to the truth.

[quote][/quote]

guy is this just about ur investments??
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by ShyOne(f): 2:42pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ Poster

I completely feel you.

Do this:

Hang out with ATTRACTIVE female friends - can you do that?  Are you capable of doing this without going into a relationship with them?

Here is why I make that suggestion.  You are committed mentally to a past/present relationship "of sorts."  So mentally you aren't ready for a new female anyway.  Also, you are now coming with baggage that hasn't been resolved and a new woman wouldn't and shouldn't be the out of range target, she shouldn't be collateral damage accidentally because you are not "over" your gf.

Another reason to just hang out - surround yourself with attractive females as friends - for some silly reason that I have never been able to fathom even TIL THIS DAY.  Women seem to want men that OTHER WOMEN WANT.  I have seen instances where women aren't even interested in a man until another woman, especially if that woman is attractive - until another attractive woman shows interest.

Your gf seeing you in the presence and/or hearing that you are in the presence of MANY, DIFFERENT attractive women could have a change of heart and definitely see you in a different light.  Also this would boost your self esteem, keep your mood light and on the upswing and expose you to your possible life partner (as I doubt very seriously if your current ex-gf is that for you).
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by Zaynee63: 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2011
@kaycrystal - for a male to be making such a comment as yours, i can only say to you that you will get there 1day.
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by Zaynee63: 6:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
Shy-One, this is priceless. The World is smiling @ u
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by Tosinville(m): 6:04pm On Mar 22, 2011
I diq no long stories, i aint a novel fan. I'm gonna come back to read dhat.
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2011
And dont b so nice
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by MrsChima(f): 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
Zaynee63:

I am a young man in the throes of a bitter break up right now with my now ex-girlfriend.
We liked each other or I think it seemed she liked me as much as I genuinely liked her when we first started about a year ago but I must confess that throughout the relationship, we were at loggerheads for at least 70% of the time over this or that one… in short we have so many individual differences. The most important thing in development stage of any type of relationship is to LISTEN/LOOK for red flags or warning signs. You had a warning sign all along and YOU CHOSE to continue. Next time when you get into a relationship, please list all of the pros and cons of the person whom you are settling down with. I am not talking about just casually dating, but seriously thinking of becoming permanent with. If your CONS weighs more than your PROS you may want to take the next exit to sanity. Just a suggestion.

But I trudged on with her because I figured that it was normal since we were from 2 different individual backgrounds and personal histories. I must confess that I think she did her bit too in trying to tolerate my negatives too. There is nothing wrong with being individuals but if you are thinking of becoming one with the woman, you need to make sure that you are COMPATIBLE despite your differences. There are people who are totally THE OPPOSITE of each other and have very successful marriages or relationships. The key word: COMPATIBILITY.

Anyway, I committed everything about myself to this relationship: my hard-earned money, all my spare time, everything- she made me decide to abstain from sex (or even romance during our few moments alone together, she’d say she is fasting etc) until we get engaged and I have ensured that I did (unless self service is cheating!). If you guys had an agreement to abstain from sex with each other until further notice there is nothing wrong with that however if YOU HAVE committed more than 50% of the time in the relationship that is another red flag or warning sign. You can not have a relationship with yourself therefore you was not in a relationship if you invested more than half.

Now we have fought again as usual and this time around, she pulled an emotional trigger that seems to have dissolved everything I feel for her. I don’t want to go into the long details but my problem now is that I very much want to believe that this relationship is a wreckage and cannot be salvaged but I am finding it difficult*. The reason I need to is because on her part, she has said that she is no longer interested and has in fact totally shut down on me. If a woman tell you in your face regardless of the delivery that she DOES NOT want YOU please take heed to that. Do not try to add, multiple, divide, and subtract what she is saying take the message she is conveying AS IS. There is no such thing as I loved her and now I don't love her. You either do or you didn't in the first place.

I feel she is treating me as if she has been doing me a favor staying in a relationship with me and that why should I be begging her anyway- afterall, if she really loves me, she’d fight to keep the relationship? You said it right, IF she loves me, she would fight to keep the relationship. From the look of things, she gave up LITERALLY.

In my line of work, I run into young single ladies who are veritable replacements for this girl but I don’t want to start another relationship that will get scuttled once this girl decides to come back. If you are still in love with this girl and have not let go, the next girl you do hook up with is a rebound. For the dummies, rebound is when a person who is going through a dispute with a spouse or a mate with feelings still attached then enter another relationship to "forget" about the person they love so much for a time being. Instead of saying in my line of work I run into young single ladies (there are more women than men so duh) that can replace this girl try focusing on getting her out of your system. The next girl will thank you.

I need to bury her in my archives but I don’t know how to. Can anyone help? You don't get over someone that quick especially if you have invested so much into the relationship and what you will need to do is take some time and let things go naturally. It will be okay and eventually you will let go and move on.

*I got an air of clarity that the reason am finding it so difficult is because I am yet to come to terms with the fact that I should let slip away what I have invested so much in. And I think this is close to the truth. Life goes on. Good luck.

Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by SALady(f): 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
@OP C'mon, there is nothing wrong in anyone not loving you the way you want them to. I dont know what it is about men but either they are confused or they just trying to get us confused. I thought the makes of a good and smart girl is that of the one who doesnt have s3x with you until she is sure she is in love with you? clearly you seem upset over this straight foward matter.

The thing is she's just not that into you.

I am not sure what you are complain is about, really. Can you just move on, asseblief.
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by kaycrystal(m): 3:35pm On Mar 23, 2011
Zaynee63:

@kaycrystal  - for a male to be making such a comment as yours, i can only say to you that you will get there 1day.

@zaynee63
i have been there, i knw wot it means. from d guy's post, d lady has shutdown on him, then what is left?
when a relationship is over, the issue is not about wot u invested in terms of money, time et al, its about the present and the future.
where u are, and where u want to be.
at some point in our lives, we go through heartbreaks, hw we handle it is the issue!!!
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by earthrealm(m): 4:05pm On Mar 23, 2011
cra.p

cheesy cheesy

this is a 20/80 love scenario, the babe don tire na, free her!!!

humming y do fools fall in love?
Re: How Can Put Her Where She Belongs? by cybernd: 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
@zaynee63
dis is such a touchin story. However i totally align myself wt @shy one's comments especially d first paragraph cos guys re wont to misinterprete or assume close friendships wt ladies to mean relationships or probable relationships. U need to distract urself

(1) (Reply)

Another Love Story: Please Advice. / Who Has To Resign? / Help! I Dont Know How To Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.