Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State (12207 Views)

BREAKING: Violence Erupt As Fulani Herdsmen Clash With Youths In Okada / Ban On Okada: Edo Youths Rush To Driving Schools / Fulani Funmakers Escape Lynching In Enugu After Their Monkey Swallows N200,000 (2) (3) (4)

Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by tonte23(m): 1:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
Its creepy but it happened. In the eArly hours this MondAy Morning in the OkadA, Edo State. A python About 10fts long swAllowed a baby which ppl said was 6months old. According to eye witness the baby was left on a MAt outside before the python swallowed the baby. He then raised An Alarm then the python was killed but it was 2 late. May the Baby soul rest in peace
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by violent(m): 1:48pm On Mar 22, 2011
Fúck! shocked
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by AljUche: 2:23pm On Mar 22, 2011
what was a 6 months old baby doing outside on a mat angry
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by tonte23(m): 2:31pm On Mar 22, 2011
Alj Uche, u sound like one who lacks sense. This is the most foolish question i have seen one ask on nairaland
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by ekubear1: 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2011
Wow. Sad and strange.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by EzeUche2(m): 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2011
That is horrible!  shocked
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by violent(m): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2011
tonte23:

Alj Uche, u sound like one who lacks sense. This is the most foolish question i have seen one ask on nairaland

Why is it a foolish question?

In as much as this is a strange unfortunate incident, we shouldn't turn a blind eye to the irresponsible acts of the parents who left a 6 months old baby alone on the mat outside. They should be blamed!. . . . The python didn't swallow the baby in seconds!

Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2011
[size=30pt]Chei,  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry wasted angry angry angry angry angry 9 months angry angry angry angry angry angry . The  angry angry angry angrymother  angry angry angry angrywas so stupid to angry angry angry angry angry leave the baby lying for long enough to have this happen[/size] angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by yiboboy: 3:22pm On Mar 22, 2011
Such a sad tale. IMHO, babies shouldn't be left alone within or without the house, they should always be placed where they can be visibly monitored.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Afanna1: 3:27pm On Mar 22, 2011
Igbos and tribal topics!let me go find igbos news lol.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Demdem(m): 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2011
violent:

Why is it a foolish question?

In as much as this is a strange unfortunate incident, we shouldn't turn a blind eye to the irresponsible acts of the parents who left a 6 months old baby alone on the mat outside. They should be blamed!. . . . The python didn't swallow the baby in seconds!

i concur. the parents and especially the mother was careless. 6 months for crying out loud. haba.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Dsense(m): 6:01pm On Mar 22, 2011
Goddamit . . . . . . . . . cry cry cry
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Okijajuju1(m): 6:13pm On Mar 22, 2011
Over righteous mofos,

Blaming the parents, Just so I let you ppl blaming the parents knw, not every mother can afford a house in GRA, or has a cot to place the baby in, or even a househelp to look after the baby in her absence,

The mother prolly laid the kid down on the floor to attend to other house chores after the baby must have slept off, and I am putting my money on it that she laid the baby outside cos the house/hut/batcher she lives in must have been too hot for the kid,

So before y'all jump on your fancy laptops and computers and point fingers at a grieving woman, do well to think of every possible option, Its not as if she delibratly took the baby to a zoo and placed it inside the snakes pit,

Before y'all started pointing fingers and calling the mother careless, did u bother to stop and think of what kind of area the mother must live in where a snake of this size could thrive,

Abeg anybody wey no get wetin to talk make e just look, fold hand waka pass,

Meanwhile, how dem wan do that snake meat, That snake Bleep up gast to be treated with Banga soup and small stout

Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by AljUche: 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2011
tonte23:

i didn't even see this angry angry

can you tell me how it is a foolish question

Mr smart[size=18pt] would you put your 6 months old child on a mat outside the house[/size] undecided

i would like to hear your response
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
Alj Uche:

i didn't even see this angry angry

can you tell me how it is a foolish question

Mr smart[size=18pt] would you put your 6 months old child on a mat outside the house[/size] undecided

i would like to hear your response

You should have asked "would you leave your 6mons old baby outside, unattended, for a python to devour?"

Bet you he'd not surprise us with a head-nod.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by AljUche: 6:21pm On Mar 22, 2011
Okija_juju:

Over righteous mofos,

Blaming the parents,  Just so I let you ppl blaming the parents knw, not every mother can afford a house in GRA, or has a cot to place the baby in, or even a househelp to look after the baby in her absence,  

The mother prolly laid the kid down on the floor to attend to other house chores after the baby must have slept off, and I am putting my money on it that she laid the baby outside cos the house/hut/batcher she lives in must have been too hot for the kid,

So before y'all jump on your fancy laptops and computers and point fingers at a grieving woman, do well to think of every possible option,  Its not as if she delibratly took the baby to a zoo and placed it inside the snakes pit,

Before y'all started pointing fingers and calling the mother careless, d[b]id u bother to stop and think of what kind of area the mother must live in where a snake of this size could thrive, [/b]

Meanwhile, how dem wan do that snake meat,  That snake bleep up gast to be treated with Banga soup and small stout

ok if the the mother was living in a forest or in a city does it matter

you can not justify a mother putting a baby outside without being monitored; even to the extent that a python had the time to swallow her baby

i mean i am sure the baby was crying before being swallowed,.,. but yet the mother did not hear,.,.,. it just shows that either the mother was not monitoring the baby or was just careless

all in all

this is a very sad news cry
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by AljUche: 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

You should have asked "would you leave your 6mons old baby outside, unattended, for a python to devour?"

Bet you he'd not surprise us with a head-nod.

grin you dey mind am
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by daroz(m): 6:27pm On Mar 22, 2011
This is bad, but what will a pyton be doing close to a residential apartment in Okada? Abi na farm the mama and pikin dey? Probably I guess it must have happened in a farm close to the river
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by chosen04(f): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
THIS STORY IS FAKE . . . . . . . . .

Am surprised Nairalanders cannot decode fake stories.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by redsun(m): 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2011
So we still have big snakes like that that can swallow a six months old baby inspite of all d bush meat hunting? I thought they'v all been wiped out.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by violent(m): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2011
Okija_juju:

Over righteous mofos,

Blaming the parents,  Just so I let you ppl blaming the parents knw, not every mother can afford a house in GRA, or has a cot to place the baby in, or even a househelp to look after the baby in her absence,  

So before y'all jump on your fancy laptops and computers and point fingers at a grieving woman, do well to think of every possible option,  Its not as if she delibratly took the baby to a zoo and placed it inside the snakes pit,

Before y'all started pointing fingers and calling the mother careless, did u bother to stop and think of what kind of area the mother must live in where a snake of this size could thrive,

Meanwhile, how dem wan do that snake meat,  That snake bleep up gast to be treated with Banga soup and small stout

Listen to yourself excusing the inexcusable. . .

How many people would leave their mobile phones lying down outside unmonitored talkless of a 6 month old?

Even animals don't just leave their babies carelessly,  what most people who don't have money to employ helps would do in her shoes would be to strap the baby on the back!. . .not leave her on a mat outside all by herself, it's the most careless thing i have ever heard of!
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Demdem(m): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2011
In addition, looking at the picture and taking note of where the baby is in the belly of the python, its definately not a 5-10mins meal on the part of the snake. The snake definately took its time to devour to that extent and where exactly was the mother all through these period. the deed is already done and cant be undone. its just a lesson for those of us who are alive and for those with kids to learn from. May the lord comfort those in pains. really sad.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by violent(m): 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2011
chosen04:

THIS STORY IS FAKE . . . . . . . . .

Am surprised Nairalanders cannot decode fake stories.

How do you know it's fake?. . .you just think so, or you have some information we don't?
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by CrudeOil2(m): 6:35pm On Mar 22, 2011
[size=18pt]Oboy see snake![/size]  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Arosa(m): 7:04pm On Mar 22, 2011
this python is surely a winch. we should keep an eye on it, if it changes back to human.  grin grin grin
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Arosa(m): 7:16pm On Mar 22, 2011
PS, the story is fake. you can all now go back to your various business. come on go! go!
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by AljUche: 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2011
violent:

Listen to yourself excusing the inexcusable. . .

How many people would leave their mobile phones lying down outside unmonitored talkless of a 6 month old?

Even animals don't just leave their babies carelessly,  what most people who don't have money to employ helps would do in her shoes would be to strap the baby on the back!. . .not leave her on a mat outside all by herself, it's the most careless thing i have ever heard of!

words cool

this people are surprisingly scary with the way they talk before they think
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2011
If the story's true, R.I.P.

Very dumb to leave the kid unattended outside like that.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by maclatunji: 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
I saw this story on Facebook this morning. I did not want to be the one to post it here. Sad and gory!
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by chosen04(f): 8:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
violent:

How do you know it's fake?. . .you just think so, or you have some information we don't?

Do you want me to pick the holes in the story before you believe its FAKE?

What makes it real in the 1st place. Cos it was originally posted through a Blackberry?

tonte23:

Its creepy but it happened. In the eArly hours this MondAy Morning in the OkadA, Edo State. A python About 10fts long swAllowed a baby which ppl said was 6months old. According to eye witness the baby was left on a MAt outside before the python swallowed the baby. He then raised An Alarm then the python was killed but it was 2 late. May the Baby soul rest in peace
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.
Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Jakumo(m): 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2011
That is an African Rock python, of the type domesticated by villagers in Cutonou, Nigeria's immediate westerly neighbor.

Being non-venomous, all pythons kill by first biting the prey and then suffocating it by coiling around the victim twice or more times, whereupon the coils tighten incrementally with each exhalation of the prey, causing death within a couple of minutes.  The second, more time consuming stage of the process involves the snake carefully re-arranging the now-dead prey item in order to swallow it head first.  Disengaging its lower jaw, the serpent can swallow prey items of much wider girth than its head.  The swallowing is performed by "walking" its needle like teeth down the prey item from the crown of the head, to the tail or hind feet, with the snake SLOWLY pulling its elastic body over to enclose that of the prone prey victim, which then gradually recedes out of view and down the reptile's digestive tract.  

With a prey item that is disproportionately larger than the snake's head, which is the case in the above pictures, the process of completely swallowing the prey item can take up to 30 minutes.  It is thus highly unlikely that an infant left unattended for "two minutes"  could have been COMPLETELY swallowed as shown in this picture.  A far more probable scenario is that the bulge in that serpent's belly is actually an animal rather than a person, OR, that a child was in fact left alone for AT LEAST 30 minutes, and NOT a few moments as claimed by the lost child's mother.

Burmese pythons do, on rare occasion, stalk, strike and swallow adult human beings, and in Nigeria, rumours have abounded for decades about African Rock Pythons big enough to kill and eat a man. Outside of protected areas like Yankari Game Reserve, however, the pressures of hunting and trapping greatly reduce the chances of any snake living long enough to attain the sort of extreme bulk needed to subdue and eat adult humans.

Re: Python Swallows 6months Old Baby In Okada, Edo State by Okijajuju1(m): 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2011
@ Aij uche

So if say the mother laid down the baby to have her bath in a rural area (which means the bathouse would be a little far off from the house, the mother should strap the baby on her back whilst bathing?!

What about if this happened in a stream environment where the mother must have put down the sleeping baby to bath in the stream when the snake crept up and struck the kid,

Puleeze I need u to understand that nursing mothers do have that interval where they lay down a sleeping infant for about 5 minutes to get some chores done or even catch a little nap of their own. If this were a real life incident, I would wait for an explanation from the mum before I judge her. It isn't like she laid the baby on a table and it rolled and fell off. It was on a mat, prolly sleeping, It dosent take a boa 5 to 10mins to strangle and swallow a 6month old, Ffs the bones are still cartillegenous.

Don't go throwing stones just cos u can,

Mother do not knowingly expose to infants to danger, If the mother left her kid unattended for the period it took a python to constrict and swallow it, before we assume negligence, let's hear her side of the story first,

I hope ur minds horizon is wide enough to accomodate a broader school of thought than you obviously are used to,

On more pleasantant matters, I would like to knw what happened to that snakes meat,

Objectively List The Sins Of The President / SIMBIAT ABIOLA, The Story Of Love And Courage / Defection: Governors, Politicians In War Of Words

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50