Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

What Is M.ba All About - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is M.ba All About (1519 Views)

How Viable Is M.sc In Natural Resources,environment And Sustainable Environment? / Why Is It That Bsc Is Recongnise Than BA? / Any Prospects For LLB + BA Holder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is M.ba All About by Timi1990(m): 7:51pm On Mar 22, 2011
Hello nairalanders, pls does anyone have a full details of what M.BA programme is all about. Am a student studying History in school but hav alway heard about M.BA. Pls what the advantage, it is meant for every field of study and can it be done at any level . Pls ur advice will be gladly welcome.
Re: What Is M.ba All About by satani22: 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
MBA Masters of Business Administration. For non academic progression unlike MSC which is. It is more of professional qua;ification and mainly Management course oriented eg accounting, banking and finance, buz admin etc. Can do it if u have BSC or HND.
Re: What Is M.ba All About by Timi1990(m): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2011
Pls what the duration of the programme ?
Re: What Is M.ba All About by obowunmi(m): 10:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
Timi1990:

Hello nairalanders, pls does anyone have a full details of what M.BA programme is all about. Am a student studying History in school but hav alway heard about M.BA. Pls what the advantage, it is meant for every field of study and can it be done at any level . Pls your advice will be gladly welcome.

There are various concentrations of the M.B.A degree.

Finance
Business Management
Strategic Management
Management Consulting
Marketing
Business Administration
and the list is endless ,

You do not need to have an M.B.A to work in Business, but it can be helpful. Also, M.B.As are quite expensive --- but follow your passion and the money will follow you.
Re: What Is M.ba All About by Timi1990(m): 9:18am On Mar 24, 2011
obowunmi:

There are various concentrations of the M.B.A degree.

Finance
Business Management
Strategic Management
Management Consulting
Marketing
Business Administration
and the list is endless ,

You do not need to have an M.B.A to work in Business, but it can be helpful. Also, M.B.As are quite expensive --- but follow your passion and the money will follow you.
thanks a lot,. But what if in a situation where i have my masters in International relations can i still apply to have another masters in Business Administration (M.BA) ?
Re: What Is M.ba All About by RPL: 11:37am On Mar 24, 2011
With the downturn in the economy, it is becoming increasingly important for people to opt for fast and inexpensive ways to bolster their credentials and brush up on their business skills. Many are turning to quick-hit business education programs, commonly referred to as "mini-MBA" programs, which have proliferated business schools across Europe in recent years. The classes, which typically range in price from $2,000 to $4,000, are designed for the following people:

* People who have had their Masters a long time ago and they need quick reminders and professional/ academic updates,
* Experienced Professionals and Entrepreneurs who never made time out for their Masters yet they require the academic and practical relevance of a Masters experience.
* Middle Managers who often don't have a business background or MBA, but want to get a better grasp on business essentials to help them progress in their Careers.
* They also frequently serve as a testing ground for people who are not certain they want to invest the time or money in an MBA, which can take two years or more and cost upward of $100,000.

In recent years more business schools have started offering mini MBA programs through their Executive Education Programs, according to experts in the field, though there is no data that tracks the number of programs. Classes usually are taught by MBA professors who, in a few days or in a month or two of evening courses, give a condensed overview of the major topics and concepts taught in full-time, two-year MBA degree programs. Students generally receive continuing education credits for the classes, though some schools allow them to earn credit hours toward a degree program. In most cases, tuition is paid by an individual's company, but increasingly schools are seeing more students pay for the classes out-of-pocket Schools say interest in mini-MBA programs has increased sharply in the past year, with many rolling out additional sections and enrolling a record number of students.

These types of MBA boot camps were originally offered by consulting companies such as McKinsey & Co. and Booz Allen Hamilton to get their recent undergraduate hires schooled on business essentials. But in recent years, more Business Schools and Universities have begun to offer these types of Programs on campus, and the use of the term "mini MBA" has taken on a more formal usage in the Management Education Community, says Dan LeClair, vice-president and Chief Knowledge Officer at the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, which accredits Business Programs.

This type of Mini MBA is taking place in Lagos, Nigeria (Sheraton Hotels and Towers) between the 6th and 10th of June 2011, the Curriculum is designed and being delivered by the University of Huddersfield, U.K. and the cost is basically N500,000.00, but you get to pay N400,000.00 if you Register before the 18th of April, 2011. For more infromation on Registering, you can either e-mail: bluesliplimited@gmail.com or call 08181180274, 08185476473.
Re: What Is M.ba All About by obowunmi(m): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
Timi1990:

thanks a lot,. But what if in a situation where i have my masters in International relations can i still apply to have another masters in Business Administration (M.BA) ?

yea you can do that if you want to, but I don't think that you need both. What do you really want to achieve in life ? Find and follow your passion instead of following degrees.
Re: What Is M.ba All About by Timi1990(m): 6:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
obowunmi:

yea you can do that if you want to, but I don't think that you need both. What do you really want to achieve in life ? Find and follow your passion instead of following degrees.
thanks a lot . The reason why am asking is because , am a student studing History & International relations , in skool. But want a masterz in inter-Relationz if i find myself luck to work 4 a ministry or embassy. And a M.ba degree, if i later in life own my own business. Pls wat ur advice for me .
Re: What Is M.ba All About by obowunmi(m): 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ you don't need an MBA to start or operate a business. You just need an understanding of the business climate, wherever you are located.
Re: What Is M.ba All About by obowunmi(m): 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
Timi1990:

thanks a lot . The reason why am asking is because , am a student studing History & International relations , in skool. But want a masterz in inter-Relationz if i find myself luck to work 4 a ministry or embassy. And a M.ba degree, if i later in life own my own business. Pls wat your advice for me .

Aside from a Masters in International Relations --- you also need to be more proactiv --- go out there and network and meet people in the field that you are interested in. Have you done any internships ? Good luck with your life goals and continue to DREAM -- I hope your dreams do come true.
Re: What Is M.ba All About by Timi1990(m): 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Thanks a lot
obowunmi:

Aside from a Masters in International Relations --- you also need to be more proactiv --- go out there and network and meet people in the field that you are interested in. Have you done any internships ? Good luck with your life goals and continue to DREAM -- I hope your dreams do come true.
thanks
Re: What Is M.ba All About by obowunmi(m): 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
What qualifications do you need to work in an embassy ? Have you done your research ? Is a Masters degree enough or do you need a PhD?
Re: What Is M.ba All About by Timi1990(m): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2011
obowunmi:

What qualifications do you need to work in an embassy ? Have you done your research ? Is a Masters degree enough or do you need a PhD?
thanks a lot. Hav done a research , but was not able to get any info About what is need in most nigerian embassy. But for british embassy, a masters in International relations, international law, economics and History is good. And good writting & reading skill in any other two language is an advantage. Lastly, guess you have to work for the ministry of foreign affairs in britain first b4 you can be promoted to work in their embassy. I also confirmed dat it can also be frustrating ,if u are posted to work in an unsecure environment. E.g british embassy in libya .
Pls rply me if u hav any info too .
Re: What Is M.ba All About by obowunmi(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2011
^^^ so at this time, how many languages do you speak ?
Re: What Is M.ba All About by Timi1990(m): 3:09pm On Apr 09, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^ so at this time, how many languages do you speak ?
English & a little bit of French
Re: What Is M.ba All About by obowunmi(m): 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2011
Hi Timi, how are you today ? cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is M.ba All About by obowunmi(m): 3:19pm On Apr 09, 2011
you probably want to pick up more languages if you have the time or can teach yourself.

Hausa
Spanish
Portuguese
German
Re: What Is M.ba All About by Timi1990(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2011
obowunmi:

you probably want to pick up more languages if you have the time or can teach yourself.

Hausa
Spanish
Portuguese
German
i guess spanish & portuguese is better. I dnt think there is any school where German is taught in lagos. Thanks bro
Re: What Is M.ba All About by andrewsega(m): 8:30am On Apr 10, 2011
It is Master of Business Administration. It is normally 2 years, but in some countries and colleges, it is only 1 year. It is a management course and most mangers have that qualification

(1) (Reply)

Silly Grammatical Errors / Which Nigeria University Accepts mass com For Direct Entry Into Law Degree / How To Successfully Turn Your Temporary Job To Permanent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.