Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" (24604 Views)

Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Lionel Messi's Father, Jorge 'Is Already In Manchester Negotiating With City' / Jorge Kanella Put Toe Into Alfie Davis’ Bum During Fight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by oshozondii: 10:37am On Dec 02, 2020
PASSION KILLER Cristiano Ronaldo has a bit of Maradona’s passion but Messi has NONE, claims Benfica boss as he wades into GOAT debate

BENFICA manager Jorge Jesus reckons Cristiano Ronaldo is more like Diego Maradona because Lionel Messi has no passion.

The Portuguese manager waded into the modern-day GOAT debate by saying Ronaldo played more like the late great Maradona.

Argentine icon Maradona passed away aged 60 last week and tributes poured in from around the world.

Jesus said: "Maradona was the best player ever, along with Pele.

"Pele's still here, he's alive. Maradona was greater, not just because he was a genius, but because of how he showed it. That makes the difference for me.

"He was absolutely world-class, but he had a passion for the game, he was born to be a footballer, he was born with everything.

"It was not a product of work, he was born like that. But he still loved having the ball."

Jesus added: "Today, among the best two in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo has a little of that. Messi has nothing. He doesn't have any passion.

"Messi is a great player. But we're talking about life and feelings, having passion for the game and for football.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13345147/cristiano-ronaldo-lionel-messi-diego-maradona-passion-jorge-jesus/amp/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunsporttwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by YoonSung62: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2020
hmmm
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by peacekante: 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
I completely agree with this even though I am more of a Messi fan. I know Diego and Pele are the two greatest footballers of all time. But the op is not wrong here. Maradona has this passion that has never been seen in the game since he retired. His determination to win at all cost is second to none. This is what Messi lacks and what Ronaldo has. Ronaldo is very determined to win at all cost. Though his passion is lesser than Diego.
For me in this GOAT debate,
1, pele
2, Maradona
3,Zidane
4, Ronaldo Delinma
5, Christiano Ronaldo
6, Messi.

Both Messi and Christiano Ronaldo has that rating because of their inability to win the big one ( THE WORLD CUP) And Ronaldo is above Messi for me because he won with his country and Messi didn't. But I love Messi more than him because he is more exciting to watch.

179 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
undecided Who b thiz, BeneWetin?! From Where again

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
CR7 is the GOAT.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Prechgold1180(m): 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pls who has buhari phone number??

I want to tell him something important

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Karlifate: 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
grin grin

Watch as the fans of both individuals butt heads on this thread.

5 4 3 2 1 go...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Mhurfhy(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Great Ororo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Shamelessman01: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
se mojo charity

Messi doesn't show emotion

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by roldet804(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
When it comes to football CR7 is my role model

Like if you love CR7

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by hekkyboi: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ororo the G.O.A.T is more ambitious

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Iyanda13(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jesus even confirm it. G.O.A.T

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by KamsiViva: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Everyone have their uniqueness!!! The world would be do boring if we weren't all different....

See my signature for live training sessions on web design

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Jerkules: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Watch hw his useless fans crawl out of his a**hole n post nonsense. His lack of passion keeps denying him a major international trophy. Maradona threw the challenge at him,waited n waited till he died,if winning an international trophy will bring maradona back to life then i'm sorry,his corpse will be thr for 600yrs grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Praktikals(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
@ Righteousness89, what do you have to say about the Benfica boss name?

8 Likes

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Homeboiy: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
His opinion

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Starboytwo(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Messi na dwarf na, anyway him try... E nor easy to be 2nd Goat...

Ororo the passionate GOAT... Shutdown everywhere, from portugal to England to Spain to Italy... We hail thee.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Baloranking(m): 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
grin
Don't expect the Greatest of our time (GOAT). To have passion for the game.

He is the game. You can't have passion for yourself grin

Benefica's coach said the truth but only the real ones can decode this riddle

77 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by fuckdemrepented: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Even Jesus recognized the Real GOAT

I'm not surprised

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Iconstar: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
I only know one Jesus any other Jesus is a fake and counterfeit cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by 123Map(m): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ddddfffghknvbknccvbbbvv vvbbbbbbbhvcz do cousin t I yk I oohhgjccvbjjbnccfghjn n

shocked
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by oluwatosink: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
That's the reason for his greatness and achievements.
Messi may be talented only but Ronaldo is talent + Hardwork, passion = GOAT.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Sulele04(m): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
THIS MAN IS DELUSIONAL undecided

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Dailyhappenings: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Lol...what's the point ...Messi still remains th greatest

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Goldmaxx(f): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Watch Messi fan bots start barking... 1,2,3... grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by ILoveDemMANNA: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Lol grin
Dis man don break d table patapata

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by FuckThaMod: 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
There is only one GOAT in football and his name is Cristiano Ronaldo. He is not faking retirement from his National team, not faking transfer from his club after choking in big games. His passion and emotions he shows during the game is part of what makes him the greatest sportsman ever. So determined to win at any cost and that's why i laugh when i see some messi dogs call him divenaldo, it's all part of the passion for the game.

Those who undermine this great and good man will eat their words some day. Someone sensible should look at the below stats and tell me why only one got balon dor for the year.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by wolexy14(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Hahahahahahahahahaha clown

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Ijaya123: 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Very apt. Nothing more to add. Like if you agree, quote if you disagree.

31 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Injured Super Falcons Defender Onome Who Had Surgery Steps Out In Style(pics) / Tobiloba Amusan Emerges The United States Athlete Of The Week / Libya Vs Nigeria: Super Eagles Arrive Taïeb M’hiri Stadium, Sfax, Tunisia (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.