Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V (7219 Views)

APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) / Live Coverage Frm The Supreme Court Hearing On Appeals Of ACN/PDP Against Mimiko / Seven Injured In Ekiti ACN, PDP Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Abagworo(m): 1:31am On Mar 23, 2011
Wednesday,  March 23 , 2011

No fewer than five persons were feared dead in Ikot Ekpene yesterday as supporters of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) clashed  with  those of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).

The campaign  train of  the CAN, led by its gubernatorial candidate, Senator John  Udoedehe,  was in Ikot Ekpene but was allegedly attacked by the PDP  supporters.  The ACN supporters were said to have fought back. In the ensuing fracas, Daily Sun learnt that two persons were killed  on  the spot while three others, who were carried away from the scene  died  before they got to Uyo.

The ACN candidate is from Uyo Federal Constituency while his PDP counterpart and the sitting Governor, Chief Godswill Akpabio, is  from  Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District.

Apart from the lives lost, at least one filling station, and a house  along  Uyo-Ikot Road, was burnt. More than 20  vehicles were damaged  while  hundreds of supporters of both parties sustained various degrees  of  Some ACN supporters, who managed to escape from Ikot Ekpene,  allegedly  vented their spleen on government and private property in  Uyo, damaging  vehicles and shops suspected to be owned by PDP  supporters.

They  burnt President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign office  Aba Road secretariat and set ablaze over 500  new vehicles. Sources in Ikot Ekpene told Daily Sun that trouble started when  the ACN  was denied access to the venue of their rally.  “The real theatre of the crisis was the Iko Ekpene - Umuahia  Road  junction. From there they moved to Anwa Udoaka where the filling station was burnt.” He blamed the crisis on ACN members, who tried to force their way through the town even after they had seen that it was not safe for  them  to hold the rally there. “They had been warned that no other party except PDP should  come for  campaign in Annang land. So why did they come?” But the ACN supporters said they were attacked even when they never provoked violence while on the campaign.  “We will fight back. It is not over till it is over

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/mar/23/national-23-03-2011-01.htm
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by EzeUche2(m): 1:34am On Mar 23, 2011
NO!!!

Why did ACN bring this nonsense into my mother's hometown!
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by pleep(m): 3:35am On Mar 23, 2011
EzeUche_:

NO!!!

same here shocked

that's my mothers hometown also!! well,  actually close enough
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by 9ijaMan: 3:53am On Mar 23, 2011
How come ACN and CPC supporters have not been engaging themselves in fracases as this? PDP is consistently proving to be the violent party on a daily basis.
From impersonation in Gombe and Kebbi states, to bombing in Niger state, to thuggery in Cross Rivers and now a continuation of violence in Akwa Ibom state. Nigerians are indeed watching.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by seanet02: 4:27am On Mar 23, 2011
EzeUche_:

NO!!!

Because your mother joined hands with PDP to attack them
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by ektbear: 7:57am On Mar 23, 2011
I've no clue how blame lies solely with the acn here. Can someone explain what I'm missing?
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by maclatunji: 9:06am On Mar 23, 2011
I am even surprised that the ACN has enough supporters in Akwa Ibom to fight the ruling PDP supporters at all. Governor Godswill Akpabio has been shouting that he and President Jonathan will win there by a landslide. It is time to take a look again at those South-South and South-Eastern votes. It is becoming clearer everyday that PDP and President Jonathan are not as popular as they are claiming. I have no doubt that they intend to rig heavily in those states and I am sure the figures to be announced for the PDP will surpass eligible voters registered by INEC in these regions. Attahiru Jega we are waiting and watching.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by 9ijaMan: 9:53am On Mar 23, 2011
With the incursion of ACN in Akwa Ibom, it is obvious that GEJ's purported popularity is dwindling by the day.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by otokx(m): 9:58am On Mar 23, 2011
There are many silent and ready anti PDP people in many areas of Nigeria waiting for the D day.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by efisher(m): 10:37am On Mar 23, 2011
PDP in the SS faces huge threat from ACN at the guber levels. As for the presidency, blood is thicker than water grin
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by snowdrops(m): 10:42am On Mar 23, 2011
supporters killing themselves while the politicians are sitting on their loot.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by otokx(m): 10:51am On Mar 23, 2011
True word there SNOW DROPS.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Chukmeistr: 11:48am On Mar 23, 2011
how long will this continue? its obvious that GEJ and his people want to handle this whole thing militia style, pls guys vote wisely.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by omo9ja1(m): 11:53am On Mar 23, 2011
stop the killing politicians are just using us, be wise and stop killing your brothers or sister and say no to violence
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2011
snowdrops:

supporters killing themselves while the politicians are sitting on their loot.
grin grin grin grin grin that is the way of the poor in any African Country, until something breaks the bough and a revolution kicks in. the poor have their uses besides being cannon-fodder for the politicians and religious zealots
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by scottN(m): 12:01pm On Mar 23, 2011
3 Questions here.

1. Y must PDP prevent them 4rm holding rallies?

2. Must these supporters act violently at every slightest provocation?

3. Where is the spirit of sportsmanship here? I thot POLITICS was a GAME?
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by 197(f): 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2011
[size=18pt]WHAT IS WRONG WITH NIGERIANS FOR FU[i]C[/i]K SAKE!![/size]
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by karlnyeno: 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2011
What is happening in Akwa ibom state is a clashed of two strong politician.
The ACN Man was the incumbent best friend in 2007, he was even his(Akpabio`)
campaign chairman in that 2007 election so i can`t exactly tell wat went wrong
that they parted ways. What i`m trying to point out here is that there is no shaking
for GEJ
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by amumex: 12:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
Fellow Nigerians why why and why are you guys killing yourselves because of political tussle.when shall we learn.killing another man because of power tussle can never yield anything good for us.remember that your life has no dublicate.thesame politician's family members are abroad enjoying looted public and developmental funds.it is right time to be wise
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by johnjoel(m): 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2011
killed killed killed all bcuz of campaign gej not doin  anything about.bcuz he wants to remain on the seat.toooooooooo bad.don't be a fool forever shine your eyes
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by babyme1(f): 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
9ijaMan:

With the incursion of ACN in Akwa Ibom, it is obvious that GEJ's purported popularity is dwindling by the day.

I live in Uyo and i witnessed the crises live yesterday. It's not about GEJ, but Gov. Akpabio. He doesn't want other aspirant to campaign in his hometown and that is so not right. I witnessed the kind of chaos i've never seen yesterday,may God help Akwa Ibom and free us from Akpabio and his evil antics.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by vincent10(m): 12:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mumu, goats, cow are now humans in Nigeria. God knows i wont go near the pooling boot if not that am corper.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by zeeleso(f): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
They've been using various mechanisms and lies to stop opponents from holding rallies, but its no longer as it used to be, oppositions are no longer rolling over so they can trample on. Come April, some Nigerians have decided to guard their votes at whatever cost, some have decided to rig for their parties at whatever cost, given these, i thinkand sincerely pray not this just a taste of the extent to which supporters would go for their candidates and a likely, albeit undesirable preview to the general elections.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by vincent10(m): 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mumu, goats, cow are now humans in Nigeria. God knows i wont go near the pooling boot if not that am corper.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by samstels: 12:33pm On Mar 23, 2011
Gents,
Akwa Ibom state is surely for PDP.

Reason:Akpabio Godswill has done marvelously well in terms of developing the entire state

I do not see any strong opposition in that state just like Rivers state , so i think the ACN might be going violent just to attract sympathy.

Let the truth be told where it is glaringly clear, PDP governors in some states tried in terms of good governance.

States like Rivers ,Akwa Ibom ,Ebonyi , thats the one i know.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Pataki: 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2011
samstels:

Gents,

Reason:Akpabio Godswill has done marvelously well in terms of developing the entire state

I do not see any strong opposition in that state just like Rivers state , so i think the ACN might be going violent just to attract sympathy.

Let the truth be told where it is glaringly clear, PDP governors in some states tried in terms of good governance.

I guess this is what you mean by saying Akwa Ibom is for PDP.

Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Demdem(m): 12:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
samstels:

Gents,

Ok got u?but is it true that your principal is not allowing his opponents to campaign in his senatorial district?
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Tunsbobo(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
This sort of rubbish can never happen in lagos! Chai, this akwaibom citizens no try at all. Killing your fellow brothers over politics and politicians is not worth it! Akwaibom oni baje!
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Abayomin70(m): 1:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
this is very very bad
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by wolebaba(m): 1:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
What is wrong wit you people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why should the Gov. warn others not to go and campaign in his district?

What we need is a vigillante, to clean up all this mess!!!!
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Biscute(f): 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2011
Too bad, where are we heading to,, in the name of politics we lost the grassroot politicians. in a crude battle, will Udoedeghe or Akpabio replace these human loses ,. The ANSWER is no , God please save Nigeria
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by titsqueez(m): 1:49pm On Mar 23, 2011
Akpabio is becoming more like a dictator by the day. You cant even say anything bad about him on the streets of Uyo for fear of who is listening and what might happen. As an Akwa Ibomite I do not see what that fu'cker has done for the state to make him feel that he should not be opposed. He is busy handing out money to assassins to help eliminate rivals. Akwa Ibom idogho OK!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? / Ojukwu's Brother And Son Fights For His Ikoyi Property / Fashola Receives U.S Diplomats, Urges Deeper Global Cooperation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.