Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan (1840 Views)

PDP NORTH 2019. Dead On Arrival / APC shuts its doors against PDP defectors / EXCLUSIVE: North Launches Fresh Attack On GEJ, Opposes Confab Implementation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by hooged: 7:15am On Mar 23, 2011
Barely 18 days to the presidential election, some stakeholders in the North have advised three leading presidential candidates to form an alliance to stop President Goodluck Jonathan.

They met on Monday night in Abuja with Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (Congress for Progressive Change); Mallam Nuhu Ribadu (Action Congress of Nigeria); and Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau (All Nigeria Peoples Party).

The new coalition of Northern stakeholders is different from the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF), which is at the vanguard of the retention of the presidency by the North.

The Northern stakeholders, including a retired President of the Court of Appeal, met with the trio late into the night at a private residence in Abuja .

Members of the new group are professionals, youth leaders and members, civil society groups and some members of the Council of Ulamas.

It was learnt that 95 per cent of members of the new group are not politicians.

The Monday night session is considered to be the “North’s final assault” against Jonathan, should the three candidates succumb to pressure from the stakeholders.

The session made four demands from the candidates. They are:

•to save Nigeria from further drift and mismanagement by the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP);

•not to allow presidency to slip away from the North in 2011;

•to form an alliance against the PDP to realise power shift to the North; and

•to sink their differences and allow for an alliance in favour of one of them.

A source at the session, who spoke in confidence, said: “All groups in the North and respected Northerners you can think of were at the meeting.

“The meeting was initially scheduled for Sunday but it was shifted to Monday night and it did not close till about 1am.

“Those at the meeting told the candidates that the stakes are very high and the dangers of allowing power to slip away from the region are daunting.

“They also raised issues why it has been difficult for the three candidates to form an alliance against the PDP when the North has every chance to win the presidential poll.

“They appealed to the candidates to sink their differences and agree to queue behind one of them during the presidential poll.”

None of the three candidates made any commitment at the session, it was learnt.

Another source said: “They promised to consult their parties accordingly on the new alliance proposal.”

The stakeholders are likely to meet again before the week end to take a decision because Northerners would have to be mobilised alongside the new focus”.

Responding to a question, the source said: “The session succeeded in bringing the candidates together - for the first time. This is a sign that something positive can come up.

“At all its meetings, the Northern Political Leaders Forum could not bring these candidates together.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/31524.htm
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by hooged: 7:16am On Mar 23, 2011
hope they will come out with something good.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 23, 2011
Desperadoes, let see what comes out of this unending desperation from these government-spoilt people.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by hooged: 7:29am On Mar 23, 2011
ilugunboy:

Desperadoes, let see what comes out of this unending desperation from these government-spoilt people.
aint think something good can come out of it ,,,
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by efisher(m): 8:01am On Mar 23, 2011
The meeting may not even be about what we think! Don't be surprised if they are being offered a deal. Or it may be just to caution them against stirring up strife. In any case, if they decide to come up with a consensus candidate (very unlikely), it better be Ribadu or Shekerau, NOT Buhari. Ribadu and Shekerau have a political future to protect. Buhari has no front-line political future beyond 2011. Lining up behind Buhari will deal a heavy blow on their political future and destroy their party's chances of faring well at the other levels (guber, senate etc).
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by egift(m): 10:35am On Mar 23, 2011
Am glad a Nigeria I can be very proud of is in the horizon.

Tell Jonathan, you cannot eat your cake and have it. Zoning was to allow the minorities have a chance, but for greed he truncated it to chose a free for all fight. Imagine Jonathan, using 2015 (what should have been Ndigbo hope) to bargain with the North. Even SS may split for Buhari - how long do he need to wipe the tears of his people?

From here in Enugu, its BB all the way: I have never been this happy for Nigerian politics.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Pataki: 10:41am On Mar 23, 2011
^^This is the more reason the Ndigbos would vote for Buhari. Knowing fully well that a Buhari would not want to continue with a second term. Hence 2015 looks most assuring to them. What they stand to lose from a Jonathan being president is in tremendous disaster given his sheer clueless
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by solihu(m): 10:56am On Mar 23, 2011
Every day brings more surprises as the April draws near.

Expect more desperation, gaffe of the highest order, blackmail etc, ,
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Pharoh: 11:07am On Mar 23, 2011
This is a very dangerous trend going to this election and should be condemned by all.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Beaf: 11:14am On Mar 23, 2011
I really pity all the bigotted groups dotting the North. Don't their older cabal tainted elite have anything better to do? It is really shocking.

After the 2011 elections, each and every one of these sorry gatherings of bats and vultures, whether it be Northern stakeholders, NPLF, Arewa Consultative Forum etc, will fall on themselves and one another in an 0rgy of mutual destruction.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Stogwu123: 12:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
I pray it will work out. If it dose gej is in serious trouble. Up BB2011. Am 4rm south-south (delta)
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
Sometimes i just wonder who told them(NORTH) that they were born to rule! GEJ/Sambo all the way!
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by naso2(m): 12:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
All these mallams think they are smart.  yeye people .

They called it a plan against PDP, when actually it is a plan against a southerner becoming president. If actually it is a plan against PDP then why are they not initiating this through the parties the northern aspirants represent?  I dey laugh.

The first merger produced atiku and he was disgraced. This one will not be different
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Pharoh: 1:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
na_so:

All these mallams think they are smart.  yeye people .

They called it a plan against PDP, when actually it is a plan against a southerner becoming president. If actually it is a plan against PDP then why are they not initiating this through the parties the northern aspirants represent?  I dey laugh.

The first merger produced atiku and he was disgraced. This one will not be different

Beaf:

I really pity all the bigotted groups dotting the North. Don't their older cabal tainted elite have anything better to do? It is really shocking.

After the 2011 elections, each and every one of these sorry gatherings of bats and vultures, whether it be Northern stakeholders, NPLF, Arewa Consultative Forum etc, will fall on themselves and one another in an 0rgy of mutual destruction.
melesky:

Sometimes i just wonder who told them(NORTH) that they were born to rule! GEJ/Sambo all the way!

This is why i pity all these southerners shouting change up and down, these people have clearly a northern agenda because i wonder why they are not saying a coalition of the opposition wants to dislodge the ruling party. Tinubu just sold southwest for cheap if ribadu should step down for buhari and gives him a block vote from the southwest. People should smell the coffee and realize that the crowd they see in the north are strictly there because of sentiments and zoning principle.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by efisher(m): 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
Pharoh:

This is why i pity all these southerners shouting change up and down, these people have clearly a northern agenda because i wonder why they are not saying a coalition of the opposition wants to dislodge the ruling party. Tinubu just sold southwest for cheap if ribadu should step down for buhari and gives him a block vote from the southwest. People should smell the coffee and realize that the crowd they see in the north are strictly there because of sentiments and zoning principle.

True,

Besides, if they make the mistake, many southerners will never accept any of them again. It will be about North vs South. ACN and CPC have already drawn the battle line as far as 2011 is concerned. ACN will lose their anti-tribal stance and lots of members will be aggrieved. I do not think they even operate based on the same ideology.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by kokoA(m): 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2011
Oh! God please make this possible nau, pleaaaseeeee,
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2011
This north sef. It just confirmed what i told some friends that this will happen at the 11th hour cos 2011 seems to be a win win situation for the north and nigerians have never been more confused as to who 2 vote for in 2011 presidential elections. #(1)> NORTH (presidential candidates with southern vp)- They've been in power for about 40yrs out of our 50yrs independence with nothing to show for it than total rot in governance. *CAN WE TRUST ANOTHER NORTHERNER? #(2). > GEJ (with northern vp) - Due to injustice in niger delta, being from a minority tribe and previous attempt by Turais kitchen cabinet & northern cabal to stall his ascendancy to 1 position he became president by the masses popular demand. * CAN HE GENUINELY FIGHT CORRUPTION JUDGING BY PDP ANTECEDENTS AFTER 12YRS WITH LITTLE TO SHOW FOR IMPROVEMENT IN THE LIVES OF NIGERIANS? #(3).> ETHNIC SENTIMENTS ( to your tents oh isreal) * THE PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO PLAY ETHNIC CARDS AT THE EXPENSE OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE AND MAY ALIGN THEIR VOTE ACCORDINGLY If the northern candidates agree to accept this alliance cos it shows they dont have the interest of nigerians at heart but just to capture power at the center (ASO ROCK ABUJA) to continue the looting as usual. Now am having a rethink about whom to vote and would be surprised should most nigerians feel the same?
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by naso2(m): 2:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
After the consensus things will become as interesting as the PDP primaries and if aboki do any how, GEJ may just be the last president of Nigeria. I just believe these mallams are smarter than what they are attempting.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Ibime(m): 2:45pm On Mar 23, 2011
Any common opposition front must include Utomi and Momodu to prevent a "northern concensus" candidate alienating the South. The argument should be based on competence not ethnicity, and on that ground, either Buhari or Ribadu trump GEJ.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by naso2(m): 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2011

Any common opposition front must include Utomi and Momodu to prevent a "northern concensus" candidate alienating the South. The argument should be based on competence not ethnicity, and on that ground, either Buhari or Ribadu trump GEJ.

So what political constituency in the south do these two represent? Una no go kill person with dis internet politics.

So if really we are sincere about fighting corruption shouldnt someone whose business thrives on celebrating stolen wealth as momodu does be equally culpable?

abge make we hear word with dis opposition talk.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Ibime(m): 3:01pm On Mar 23, 2011
^Its a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Unfortunately, we have no credible opposition to the PDP in the South, so the inclusion of Utomi and Momodu would help to guard against any opposition front being seen as part of the "born to rule" mentality of the North.

As for me, I'm only concerned with competence, that's why I've been waiting months for you (Na So) to put forward a sellable record of achievement from GEJ's time as Governor of your home state. You better than anyone should be in a position to do so. The floor is open. . . .
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by sbeezy8: 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
hahah GEJ is going to win because hes has it on lockdown GEJ IS NOT EVEN THE BEST NIGERIA HAS! NIGERIAN DONT LIKE GOOD THINGS

ACN doesnt plan on winning they just dont want to go under with no presidential candidate like AD did.- they are playing it smart. SW wont even vote for Ribadu- the guy is soooo terrible. omg

CPC DOES HAVE A CHANCE AT THE PREIDENTIAL LEVEL-
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by EkoIle1: 3:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
Pharoh:

How how is southern agenda with GEJ and his PDP gang bastardizing country working for you? Are they any better than the people you are criticizing.

We've been smelling THE PDP's coffee for 12 long years and it smells not only nasty, we are at the lowest point in our history as a nation.

At this stage, this is really not about North and South, any break from  the current mess is what we need and if that change is up North, so be it.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Beaf: 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2011
Eko Ile:

How how is southern agenda with GEJ and his PDP gang bastardizing country working for you? Are they any better than the people you are criticizing.

We've been smelling THE PDP's coffee for 12 long years and it smells not only nasty, we are at the lowest point in our history as a nation.

At this stage, this is really not about North and South, any break from the current mess is what we need and if that change is up North, so be it.

LOL!

Break from the current mess indeed! To what, CPC that is 99% ex-PDP? LOL!!!!!!!!
CPC is made of the dregs of PDP, that is the main reason they are a stone throwing party.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by 1025: 3:23pm On Mar 23, 2011
jonathan is nothing but a tool of destruction and disruption. who among nigerians does not like a zoning system that gives equal opportunity to every nigerian?
obasanjo used yar adua because he trusted him so much to cover him but who among the living northerners can he trust so much again? the fear of been exposed is what nigeria is suffering after the failure of third term agenda.
clinton after his presidency in america, allowed the americans to choose a successor. bush did the same so why is obasanjo every where everytime to make sure someone close to him takes over? why can't he let nigerians choose who their next leader will be?
we saw mandella in south africa. we see other genuine leaders all over the world. why is our case very different? why are these criminals struggling even to change our constitution just to remain in power? why are they fighting to stop a certain group of people even against the wishes of the masses? at the end of the day, i still think why these holigans are afraid of Igbo presidency. if qualities like okonjo iweala, dora akunyili, soludo and a host of other tested and trusted fellows are from the igboland, who said the igbos cannot handle this.
if the absence of the Igbos in aso rock has not given us steady power supply, good raods, quality education, quality hospitals, security and everyother thing that makes a country good, why can't we for once try the IGBOS?
the yorubas ruled for 8 uninterupted yrs and asked for more. the hausas have done 4, let them balance the sheet and have 4 and from there we will move to another region.
the idea of a jonathan presidency is criminal especially with him preaching for 4 ur term only. who is he appointing president after him?
just because Dokpesi exposed the odd of third term through his AIT and supported a babangida's campeign, he was accused of bombing nigeria on 1st oct. Dokpesi was going to die from that matter if he did not skillfully joined the jonathan's team. is this what we call democracy?
even if jonathan wins, nigeria is not far from a dangerious situation. i am seeing a nigeria where his leadership will be in part as arms will definitely come out.
all the pdp chairmen who stood by the agreement of the party's zoning system were forced to resign leaving the party with follow-follow ppl.
we are doomed but let us see the end of april polls.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by EkoIle1: 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2011
Beaf:

LOL!

Break from the current mess indeed! To what, CPC that is 99% ex-PDP? LOL!!!!!!!!
CPC is made of the dregs of PDP, that is the main reason they are a stone throwing party.

Try as much as possible to ignore my post, even my ID sef. Going back and forth with you and your juvenile reasonings and ways is very pointless and redundant. If I might add, I've been ignoring you for a very long long time and you should know this by now.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by AljUche: 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
[size=14pt]who the hell are this people called the "north" angry

they certainly do not represent us angry[/size]
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Beaf: 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
Eko Ile:

Try as much as possible to ignore my post, even my ID sef. Going back and forth with you and your juvenile reasonings and ways is very pointless and redundant. If I might add, I've been ignoring you for a very long long time and you should know this by now.

Funny chap! Why don't you post on the Moon or Mars then?
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by Pataki: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2011
Beaf:

Funny chap! Why don't you post on the Moon or Mars then?
Another daft exhibition of Beaf. Wake up and smell the coffee. Idiocy does not pay at this point and time. Everywhere you post, it reeks of utter repulsion, a rancid pollution to intelligent reasoning, a squalid depletion of your gray cells, and an acute display of infantile rambunctiousness.

I pity your end come May 29 2011. I only hope the Buhari led government would be merciful enough to refurbish our prisons, so your residency there could be relatively palatable.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by blacksta(m): 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2011
Whether Northern agenda or not  - it does not matter  - After tasting sh it for 12 years would you not want an alternative  - Abeg Fried Rice and Coke tastes better.   PDP a party that has decimated Nigeria beyond recognition.  Buhari  + Ribabu have proved to be people of change.  

GEJ is simply using scare tactics to win votes  - North or South divide doesn't exist except in the mind of GEJ AND BEAF.  

Nigerians are tired of the status quo and it is within our rights to demand change.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by EkoIle1: 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2011
1025:

jonathan is nothing but a tool of destruction and disruption. who among nigerians does not like a zoning system that gives equal opportunity to every nigerian?
obasanjo used yar adua because he trusted him so much to cover him but who among the living northerners can he trust so much again? the fear of been exposed is what nigeria is suffering after the failure of third term agenda.
clinton after his presidency in america, allowed the americans to choose a successor. bush did the same so why is obasanjo every where everytime to make sure someone close to him takes over? why can't he let nigerians choose who their next leader will be?
we saw mandella in south africa. we see other genuine leaders all over the world. why is our case very different? why are these criminals struggling even to change our constitution just to remain in power? why are they fighting to stop a certain group of people even against the wishes of the masses? at the end of the day, i still think why these holigans are afraid of Igbo presidency. if qualities like okonjo iweala, dora akunyili, soludo and a host of other tested and trusted fellows are from the igboland, who said the igbos cannot handle this.
if the absence of the Igbos in aso rock has not given us steady power supply, good raods, quality education, quality hospitals, security and everyother thing that makes a country good, why can't we for once try the IGBOS?
the yorubas ruled for 8 uninterupted yrs and asked for more. the hausas have done 4, let them balance the sheet and have 4 and from there we will move to another region.
the idea of a jonathan presidency is criminal especially with him preaching for 4 your term only. who is he appointing president after him?
just because Dokpesi exposed the odd of third term through his AIT and supported a babangida's campeign, he was accused of bombing nigeria on 1st oct. Dokpesi was going to die from that matter if he did not skillfully joined the jonathan's team. is this what we call democracy?
even if jonathan wins, nigeria is not far from a dangerious situation. i am seeing a nigeria where his leadership will be in part as arms will definitely come out.
all the pdp chairmen who stood by the agreement of the party's zoning system were forced to resign leaving the party with follow-follow ppl.
we are doomed but let us see the end of april polls.

The zoning thing is really silly, we are not even matured enough to get into stuff like that.

Well, Jonathan's inclusion is a dangerous mix and I don't see the north letting go the rest of their term, they'll get it. The only losers here are the ibo folks back east because Jonathan is really not their route to Aso Rock, he's their main obstacle and they'll find out, too bad it wont be film trick.
Re: Another Plan Against Pdp: North Launches ‘final Assault’ On Jonathan by EzeUche2(m): 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan will be our president and there is nothing they can do about it. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things That Would Happen If Nigeria Were To Truncate / Air France Makes Emergency Landing In Lagos / 2015: Shema, Amosun Will Be President, Vice President, Says Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.