Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Where Can I Do Fibroscan For Liver Damage? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Where Can I Do Fibroscan For Liver Damage? (3784 Views)

Liver Fibroscan Is Now Available At Gastroderm Clinic, Lekki, Lagos / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage / 6 Main Causes Of Liver Damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Do Fibroscan For Liver Damage? by maryslesso: 4:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
I am an Hepatitis patient. CT Scan and Ultra Sound are showing normal liver architecture, but I keep feeling pain in my right upper abdomen for at least a year now.
I have been advised by co-patients in a foreign online forum to do Fibroscan or Liver biopsy which are teh ultimate to check if my liver is alright.
Please which lab/hospital can I do that in Nigeria?
Re: Where Can I Do Fibroscan For Liver Damage? by naijacutee(f): 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
Oh dear. Please don't go by advice from unqualified medical practitioners, regardless of where in the world they may be. Have you had a liver function test? I'm not sure that you can book yourself for a liver biposy without a medical referral from a qualified doctor - especially if your CT scan shows up as normal. My reasoning is that a CT scan shows you liver texture layer by layer without having to open you up. A biopsy involves opening you up to take a tissue sample from your liver and testing it for disease. If nothing shows up on the CT and Ultrasound scans, what are they testing for on the biopsy? Do you really want to be opened up (which has its own risks) for no reason?

I think you should see a hepatologist. I have searched, and found one at Britannia Hospital, Lekki - http://www.britanniahospital.com/home/PatientInformation/CentreofGastroenterologyandHepatology.aspx

All the best!
Re: Where Can I Do Fibroscan For Liver Damage? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
Those guys are right mary.

I have some knowledge on CT scans and LFT and I'm telling you confidently that a scan will never show you much about the liver until a defect gets to a critical unreversible stage.

Fibroscan especially is the best test you can run to monitor your liver clearly.

I dont know where they run it in Nigeria but I can help you find out.
Re: Where Can I Do Fibroscan For Liver Damage? by GastroDerm: 12:22am On Aug 09, 2015
AVAILABLE AT THE GASTRODERM CLINIC, 7A AWUDU EKPEKHA BOULEVARD, OFF ADMIRALTY WAY, LEKKI PHASE ONE, LAGOS.
TEL: 01-2904415, 08184478211, 08184478075, 08184478095.
EMAIL: thegastrodermclinic@yahoo.com

A FibroScan is an innovative diagnostic tool for the assessment of liver fibrosis. It is a non-invasive, quick, painless and reliable alternative to liver biopsy.

A FibroScan examination might be needed if you have any of the following conditions:
• Virus infections, such as Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C
• Alcohol related liver disease
• Obesity related liver disease
• Other types of chronic liver disease

AVAILABLE AT THE GASTRODERM CLINIC, 7A AWUDU EKPEKHA BOULEVARD, OFF ADMIRALTY WAY, LEKKI PHASE ONE, LAGOS.
TEL: 01-2904415, 08184478211, 08184478075, 08184478095.
EMAIL: thegastrodermclinic@yahoo.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For December 17 2021 In Nigeria / Come On In Baby / I Need Urgent Dental Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.