Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:14 AM

Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. (15960 Views)

President Buhari’s Most Recent Missteps / List Of 19 States Given Bailout As Released By CBN / Akinwunmi Ambode Visits Ex-Governors Of Lagos State: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 6:58pm On Mar 23, 2011
Anambra
Allison Madueke

Bauchi
Mohammed Sani Sami

Bendel
Jeremiah Useni

Benue
John Kpera

Borno
Abubakar Waziri

Cross River
Dan Archibong

Gongola
Mohammed Jega

Imo
Ike Nwachukwu

Kaduna
Usman Mu'azu

Kano
Hamza Abdullahi

Kwara
Salaudeen Latinwo

Lagos
Gbolahan Mudasiru

Niger
David Mark

Ogun
Oladipo Diya

Ondo
Michael Bamidele Otiko

Oyo
Oladayo Popoola

Plateau
Samuel Atukum

Rivers
Fidelis Oyakhilome

Sokoto
Garba Duba

These were the guys Buhari made millionaires when they were governors of the 19 states under him. Do you think he controlled them well corruption wise, looking at their life styles then and now.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Jen33(m): 7:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
lol. cool cool Great point. How come all those guys are swimming in money if Buhari is Mr anti-corruption personified?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Fogman(m): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

Anambra
Allison Madueke

Bauchi
Mohammed Sani Sami

Bendel
Jeremiah Useni

Benue
John Kpera

Borno
Abubakar Waziri

Cross River
Dan Archibong

Gongola
Mohammed Jega

Imo
Ike Nwachukwu

Kaduna
Usman Mu'azu

Kano
Hamza Abdullahi

Kwara
Salaudeen Latinwo

Lagos
Gbolahan Mudasiru

Niger
David Mark

Ogun
Oladipo Diya

Ondo
Michael Bamidele Otiko

Oyo
Oladayo Popoola

Plateau
Samuel Atukum

Rivers
Fidelis Oyakhilome

Sokoto
Garba Duba

These were the guys Buhari made millionaires when they were governors of the 19 states under him. Do you think he controlled them well corruption wise, looking at their life styles then and now.

No matter how much you fight corruption, you can NEVER achieve 100% success.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by danjohn: 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Enugu_Ukwu

Dude I must applaud you for being cleverly deceptive.  Many of these people did not become millionaires while Buhari was in office.  They became millionaires after Buhari left office i.e. under the regimes of Abacha, Babangida etc.  The names you mentioned are of people who remained in government long after Buhari was Head of State.  Still I must applaud you for your clever attempt.

1 Like

Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by apoti(m): 8:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
@OP, U don't have to go this far in your propaganda.
none of these guys u mentioned retired with Buhari.

A good number of them went ahead to become at least a Major General.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 8:33pm On Mar 23, 2011
yeah, it wasnt under Buhari, it was after.

Buhari must have recruited these guys from heaven. Nigerians. Think before you talk, dont talk because of politics. So suddenly, these guys are no more corrupt because they served under Buhari, but became corrupt because they served under Babangida and Abacha.

Anyway, even Buhari said no kobo of Nigeria is in Abacha's pocket.

1 Like

Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by LFJ: 8:46pm On Mar 23, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

Buhari must have recruited these guys from heaven. Nigerians. Think before you talk, dont talk because of politics. So suddenly, these guys are no more corrupt because they served under Buhari, but became corrupt because they served under Babangida and Abacha.

I will be glad to sponsor u for psychiatric examination in Yaba. Tell me how many of these people are Millionaire? You don’t come here to spread lies just because you want to sell your Niger Delta candidate, ppl get problem sa.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by dayokanu(m): 8:47pm On Mar 23, 2011
@OP,

Try and be reasonable for a momemt.

You are saying they are millionaires

WHy wont Jerry Useni FCT minister under Abacha, Oladipo Diya VP under Abacha, David mark current Senate President be millionaires

No one said they were millionaires, But Buhari curbed their corrupt tendencies while in Govt. It was after Buhari left before those that stole were able to steal anything.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Ibime(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
Dayo,

You get time sha! The Enugu mumu topic is so ridiculous, na only Yaba left wey dem go take this kain topic serious.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EkoIle1: 8:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
I really wasn't expecting much from unintelligent people like the OP with his ridiculous and redundant summations.

People like you really should be denied internet access for sake of humanity.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by apoti(m): 8:55pm On Mar 23, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

you are d one that needs to think b4 u talk, all of these guys were still in service years after Buhari left.

Ibime:

Dayo,

You get time sha! The Enugu mumu topic is so ridiculous, na only Yaba left wey dem go take this kain topic serious.
grin grin grin
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 23, 2011
Nigeria is land of opportunity
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
The World Is Planing How To Remove All Former Military Leader Ruling Their Country Now And People Are Here Planing How To Impose Another One On Us Which Can Never Happen Buhari Should Go And Sit Down
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Beaf: 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2011
The simple fact is all of those guys, just like Buhari, were political soldiers. Like Buhari, they were involved in all military coups, and held political positions in all govts , including Gowon's govt, Murtala's govt, IBB's govt, Abacha's govt etc from after their 1966 coup. Its a band of crooked brothers, no better than kidnappers and armed robbers.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by egift(m): 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

Most times I feel sad that a cartoon like you will have a user ID that disrespects the wonderful people of Enugu. But knowing you are a Jonathan's propaganda tool, I can't expect less (him and his supporters always hide under peoples reputation.

dazey:

Buhari Is Very Corrupt He Can Never Rule Us

Another Beaf 2.0: The only way Jonathan can be relevant is to lower the bar to the pits grin

Beaf:

The simple fact is all of those guys, just like Buhari, were political soldiers. Like Buhari, they were involved in all military coups, and held political positions in all govts , including Gowon's govt, Murtala's govt, IBB's govt, Abacha's govt etc from after their 1966 coup. Its a band of crooked brothers, no better than kidnappers and armed robbers.

Beaf I was wondering when you will log in with your original ID and a different IP code, and you have just done it. grin grin grin
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Beaf: 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2011
^
Dude, you sound daft as usual. Does foolishness grow in your backyard? Why would I have multiple id's to deal with dimwits?
Clowns like you always think they can derail threads with their low quality brains and stvpid words.

The task at hand is, Buhari and his gang were career politians and opportunists in uniform who are no better armed robber and kidnappers that should be in jail for treason. They have all made dirty money and Buhari thinks it is time to steal again.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Eziachi: 9:39am On Mar 24, 2011
dazey:

Buhari Is Very Corrupt He Can Never Rule Us

Rule you or govern you?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

^
Dude, you sound daft as usual. Does foolishness grow in your backyard? Why would I have multiple id's to deal with dimwits?
Clowns like you always think they can derail threads with their low quality brains and stvpid words.

The task at hand is, Buhari and his gang were career politians and opportunists in uniform who are no better armed robber and kidnappers that should be in jail for treason. They have all made dirty money and Buhari thinks it is time to steal again.

can someone report this to gej before we post rejoinders

lets give gej the opportunity to sack the thug he has on nl

before we commence 'maligning' gej
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Beaf: 9:59am On Mar 24, 2011
Eziachi:

Rule you or govern you?

lol

Aloof people like Buhari can only rule, but Nigeria needs a leader, not a ruler.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Eziachi: 10:00am On Mar 24, 2011
@poster,
sometimes when you post this your anti Buhari desperate sentiments, thinking that your readers are nursery school kids.
Buhari wasn't the architect of the 1984 coup but was made the head of  state because of seniority according the experts. Some even said that they pencilled down Bako who was killed during the coup at Doda Barrack as the possible head of state.

And then you often forgot that there was an institution i the junta govt called the Supreme military council where everyting is decided, while Buhari/Idiagbon was the arrow head of the government.

Most of the people you mentioned remained in government well after Buhari left power. Madueke for instance was later to become the governor of Imo state for a couple of years when he initiated the building of the present Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri. Also John Atom Kpera later governed the old Anambra state too.

A good analyst would have give us a blow by blow account of this men you mentioned that are now millionaires, as to what they are doing now and the position they now occupy to justify your bogus claim. I haven't heard the name of some these characters for donkey years now, probably, most of them are .
How can any sane person for instance justify what David Mark BECOMES to the making of Buhari. How many of those guy are today juping around his campaign for making them millionaire?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 24, 2011
I strongle advocate we stop talking about expired people wanting to lead this country in any form.Buhari the Dictator is expired and that is the truth no matter how bitter it sounds
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Now the debate is getting ridiculous. After spending millions to 'demystify' Buhari's incorruptibility, this is how low anti-Buhari elements have sunk. Digging out baseless fictions, all to put 'corruption' and Buhari in same sentence. Na wa o.

But it is another failed attempt.

First, most of these guys, like somebody mentioned up there, did not retire with Buhari. They went further to become Major Generals, AVM, Admirals etc, some held various other positions subsequently, some even became members of IBB's AFRC, Abacha's PRC etc later.

Now, let me take the ones I know quite much about one by one.
Anambra
Allison Madueke - was still in army till 1994, 9 years post-Buhari, went on become CNS under Abacha, sacked for backing MKO's release. How then was his 1.5 years as Buhari's governor responsible for his wealth, even he has?

Bauchi
Mohammed Sani Sami - Was still in army till 1990, 5 years into IBB's regime, later became emir. Not known for stupendous wealth.

Bendel
Jeremiah Useni - If he stole, definitely it is more logical to attribute it to his Abacha days as FCT minister and 4th highest ranking soldier, than his stint as governor under Buhari.

Benue
John Kpera - He was governor for 2 years under Obj's militray government. Retired with Buhari. Not known to be extremely wealthy than an average General.

Borno
Abubakar Waziri - when last did u hear his name? Btw, was governor under Obj too.

Cross River
Dan Archibong - Died in 1990. Yet Op is saying he is a millionaire now. Do you know where his wealth is? n

Gongola
Mohammed Jega - Now an emir. Know little about him or his wealth.

Imo
Ike Nwachukwu - Highest ranking igbo officer post Biafra. Not known to be richer than an average general

Kaduna
Usman Mu'azu - This one is a family friend. He has been Chairman of a number of companies since retirement and you don't expect a company Chairman to be poor.

Kano
Hamza Abdullahi - was governor and later minister under IBB too. So what proof is there to show he enriched himself under Buhari, that is eveven if he

Kwara
Salaudeen Latinwo - I know this one personally. Same alma mater(secondary school), same town. A strict disciplarian like Buhari himself. His house is as modest as little Jarus' own. He will not rank among the Top 50 richest men in my community.

Lagos
Gbolahan Mudasiru - Died almost wretched. I know his children. His son, now DMD of a popular investment company, struggled on his own to get to where he is today. In fact his monthly pay when he was in his former company before joining friends to establish their own company, was less than 250k per month. And that was as recently as 2003, even when his father was still alive. Only few ex-governors' children has this kind of tale.

Niger
David Mark - he has been in government since 70s, before and after Buhari. So saying he made his wealth during Buhari's 1.5 years government can only be as laughable as it comes.

Ogun
Oladipo Diya - Became No 2 to Nigeria's most corrupt Head of State ever. Nuff said, if he is truly wealthy. But nothing in his lifestyle has shown he is stupendously rich.

Ondo
Michael Bamidele Otiko

Oyo
Oladayo Popoola - Went on to become Major General under IBB. Now dead. Was governor under IBB too.

Plateau
Samuel Atukum - Can't even remember ever coming across this name.

Rivers
Fidelis Oyakhilome - Gone into obscurity long time ago. Nfar from being known for wealth.

Sokoto
Garba Duba - Not known to be extremely rich
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
Jarus:

Now the debate is getting ridiculous. After spending millions to 'demystify' Buhari's incorruptibility, this is how low anti-Buhari elements have sunk. Digging out baseless fictions, all to put 'corruption' and Buhari in same sentence. Na wa o.

But it is another failed attempt.

First, most of these guys, like somebody mentioned up there, did not retire with Buhari. They went further to become Major Generals, AVM, Admirals etc, some held various other positions subsequently, some even became members of IBB's AFRC, Abacha's PRC etc later.

Now, let me take the ones I know quite much about one by one.
Anambra
Allison Madueke - was still in army till 1994, 9 years post-Buhari, went on become CNS under Abacha, sacked for backing MKO's release. How then was his 1.5 years as Buhari's governor responsible for his wealth, even he has?

Bauchi
Mohammed Sani Sami - Was still in army till 1990, 5 years into IBB's regime, later became emir. Not known for stupendous wealth.

Bendel
Jeremiah Useni - If he stole, definitely it is more logical to attribute it to his Abacha days as FCT minister and 4th highest ranking soldier, than his stint as governor under Buhari.

Benue
John Kpera - He was governor for 2 years under Obj's militray government. Retired with Buhari. Not known to be extremely wealthy than an average General.

Borno
Abubakar Waziri - when last did u hear his name? Btw, was governor under Obj too.

Cross River
Dan Archibong - Died in 1990. Yet Op is saying he is a millionaire now. Do you know where his wealth is? n

Gongola
Mohammed Jega - Now an emir. Know little about him or his wealth.

Imo
Ike Nwachukwu - Highest ranking igbo officer post Biafra. Not known to be richer than an average general

Kaduna
Usman Mu'azu - This one is a family friend. He has been Chairman of a number of companies since retirement and you don't expect a company Chairman to be poor.

Kano
Hamza Abdullahi - was governor and later minister under IBB too. So what proof is there to show he enriched himself under Buhari, that is eveven if he

Kwara
Salaudeen Latinwo - I know this one personally. Same alma mater(secondary school), same town. A strict disciplarian like Buhari himself. His house is as modest as little Jarus' own. He will not rank among the Top 50 richest men in my community.

Lagos
Gbolahan Mudasiru - Died almost wretched. I know his children. His son, now DMD of a popular investment company, struggled on his own to get to where he is today. In fact his monthly pay when he was in his former company before joining friends to establish their own company, was less than 250k per month. And that was as recently as 2003, even when his father was still alive. Only few ex-governors' children has this kind of tale.

Niger
David Mark - he has been in government since 70s, before and after Buhari. So saying he made his wealth during Buhari's 1.5 years government can only be as laughable as it comes.

Ogun
Oladipo Diya - Became No 2 to Nigeria's most corrupt Head of State ever. Nuff said, if he is truly wealthy. But nothing in his lifestyle has shown he is stupendously rich.

Ondo
Michael Bamidele Otiko

Oyo
Oladayo Popoola - Went on to become Major General under IBB. Now dead. Was governor under IBB too.

Plateau
Samuel Atukum - Can't even remember ever coming across this name.

Rivers
Fidelis Oyakhilome - Gone into obscurity long time ago. Nfar from being known for wealth.

Sokoto
Garba Duba - Not known to be extremely rich

Married to the current Minister of Petroleum
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2011
@OP I hope you are not really from Enugu Ukwu as them people no dey daft like this
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 1:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
hehehehe.

Aisha. Why do you have to remove my post. Na wa o.

You could have simply removed the place where someone's name was mentioned, instead of removing the entire post.

Why? How many times have my name been mentioned, cloned and i report to the moderator and noone does anything? including my phone numbers?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=572908;sa=showPosts

Check thru the postings in the profile of this person TropicanaD - that phone number on her profile is mine. The name she listed on the posts is mine. Did you do anything about it? Aisha? How many times did i report to moderator?

they even mention the name of my family members - Aisha, you do nothing about it even after reporting it to the mods, but because this one included the name of a moderator, you gladly removed it. Come on. Lets have a balanced rather than a biased attitude to life. There is another moderator up their who we will all be subjected to when we all leave Nairaland behind.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

hehehehe.

Aisha. Why do you have to remove my post. Na wa o.

You could have simply removed the place where someone's name was mentioned, instead of removing the entire post.

Why? How many times have my name been mentioned, cloned and i report to the moderator and noone does anything? they even mention the name of my family members - Aisha, you do nothing about it even after reporting it to the mods, but because this one included the name of a moderator, you gladly removed it. Come on. Lets have a balanced rather than a biased attitude to life. There is another moderator up their who we will all be subjected to when we all leave Nairaland behind.
Mr . I cannot edit your post, i can only delete the full post. When did you ever report that your name was mentioned? Spare me please. You know the rules.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
Aisha. I aint quarelling with u.

look here:

Check thru the postings in the profile of this person TropicanaD - that phone number on her profile is mine. The name she listed on the posts is mine. Did you do anything about it? Aisha? How many times did i report to moderator?

Look here "Ha! Yemmyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, why not get off nairaland and find a wife so u can finally have some kids? Comon now, your not getting any younger! U know about a fool at 40 but at your age? Comon now, "

Is that right?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

Aisha. I aint quarelling with u.

look here:

Is that right?
I have just seen and deleted it. You could have reported on the complain thread. Everyone deserves his/ her privacy on Nairaland. Sorry about that.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
You are a great person Aisha.

Only if others can be like you.

There are still more on her post with my name on it.

Which one is the complain thread?
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
But that post was not directed at this user name? How many Ids do you have?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html

- The use of multiple accounts without explicit permission of the forum administrator(s) is prohibited
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
Back to the topic.

Are we saying once in the history of Nigeria. 19 governors never took a dime of government money into their pockets to enrich themselves thru inflated contracts etc?

This is as alarming as it can be. Buhari - i love you. For once been able to put it on record that during your reign, no single member of your government enriched themselves illegally?

I love Nigeria.
Re: Governors Of 19 Nigerian States Under Buhari - Most Are Millionaires Now. by EnuguUkwu: 2:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
aisha2:

But that post was not directed at this user name? How many Ids do you have?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html

- The use of multiple accounts without explicit permission of the forum administrator(s) is prohibited

I am talking about the use of the name Yemi and the phone numbers. Kindly read thru the 23 posts of TropicanaD

You will see her deliberately spreading my phone number and name - Yemi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Flood In Benin Central , Edo / 59 Victims Of Herdsmen Attack In Benue For mass Burial on Thursday / Don’t Use Us As Bait - ASUU Warns Other Staff Unions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.