Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,614 members, 7,801,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri (2519 Views)

Jonathan Sacks Martin Agwai, SURE-P Boss For Attending Obasanjo's Birthday / Fleeing Boko Haram Members Do Menial Jobs To Stay Under Cover – Omeri / Breaking News! Jonathan Wooed To Become Biafra First President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by solaugo(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2011
Mike Omeri, the controversial Director of Research and Strategy at the Goodluck/Sambo campaign, has been "suspended."

Mr. Omeri had been seconded to the post from the office of Nigeria's Senate president, David Mark, to "assist" the executive branch, an action that revealed a dangerous level of collusion between both arms of the government.

Mr. Omeri was an instant success in terms of his ability to think outside the law.  Last December 25, SaharaReporters exposed the existence of a "rigging manual" he had authored to guarantee victory at the presidential primaries for Jonathan. The document defined how the Jonathan campaign could deploy a scorched earth political policy that would take advantage of the police and other security agencies, as well as undermine members of the opposition, pro-democracy NGOs, religious leaders and electoral officials.

Omeri's fall from his privileged position seems related to one of Jonathan's weakest spots: his wife's money-laundering issues that he has found difficult to resolve.  A few days ago, Omeri issued a public statement on the matter accusing the CPC candidate, Muhammamad Buhari and ACN candidate, Nuhu Ribadu, of hypocrisy over their anti-corruption stance.  That has caused Jonathan untold hardship as the candidates came out swinging against him.  Yesterday, presidential spokesman Ima Niboro said Omeri's statement had been unauthorized, calling it "an unfortunate statement from the PDP presidential campaign office which was certainly not authorized by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan."

Omeri is the second casualty at the faltering Jonathan campaign.  Last month, Sully Abu, a veteran journalist, was relieved of his position as Director of Media and Publicity.  Mr.Abu has now been replaced by another former journalist, Ide Eguabor, formerly of the National Interest newspaper.

Mrs. Jonathan has two cases of money-laundering at the EFCC arising in August and September 2006.  Although the former EFCC chairman and now ACN presidential candidate, Malam Nuhu Ribadu, has reversed previous statements he made about Mrs. Jonathan's involvement, the EFCC never issued a statement about its investigation of either case.  There are N104 million and $13.5 million involved, and the EFCC had obtained court authorization to freeze them.

Mr. Omeri is required to answer to a formal query issued by the campaign. The query promises stiffer penalty should his response fail to convince his superiors.

Contacted by SaharaReporters, Omeri said he was not yet aware of the disciplinary actions against him, claiming he was out of the office.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-sacks-controversial-campaign-aide-mike-omeri
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by EnuguUkwu: 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2011
funny.

where is the link?
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Ibime(m): 8:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
Why should staff be transferred from GEJ campaign team to the executive arm without TUPE? Abi are they one and the same organisation?

Mike Omeri, by his spurious utterances in the direction of Buhari unwittingly opened up a subject GEJ has a phobia of - corruption.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Rhino5dm: 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2011
Chemical Alli is gone! His effort was like bringing sand to the beach.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by seanet02: 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Chemical Alli is gone! His effort was like bringing sand to the beach.
Gone for GOOD
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by baksonlee: 8:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

funny.

where is the link?
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-sacks-controversial-campaign-aide-mike-omeri
I heard Beaf is next to be sacked
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 23, 2011
Adieu omeri
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by egift(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
baksonlee:

I heard Beaf is next to be sacked

Am such his numerous ids will be representing him well - Beaf the almajiri grin grin grin
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Beaf: 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
egift:

Am such his numerous ids will be representing him well - Beaf the almajiri grin grin grin

lol. I don't need numerous id's to deal with fools like you. I can do it in my sleep, while dreaming of J lo. Yeah, you are that stvpid.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by HATEPDP: 10:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
It takes a PhD fool to know a fool in d making. Aint amazed u r dis efficient in sporting out potential fools may be as a result of years of constant exhibition of foolishness and stupidity has made u dis perfect in d act. Ode
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Eziachi: 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2011
Jonathan's campaign reminds me of John Mcain campaign against Obama. They spent majority of their time managing one blunder and gaff after another.

Mrs Jonathan being Sarah Palin everytime she opens her mouth, everybody in the campaign organisation will be in panic.

Who will forget John Mcain suspending his campaign in oder to go to Washington to fix the U.S economy, forgetiing that U.S still has a president, then he forgot that a president if elected can mult task. Jonathan doing all he  could to avoid a debate with fellow candidates but find the time to be interviewed for hours by a local musician.

If this election is in the Western world, Jonathan must have kiss this election goodbye by now because of so many disorganisation in his camp, despite the state resources and machinery at his disposal. But this is Nigeria.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Beaf: 10:45pm On Mar 23, 2011
HATE_PDP:

It takes a PhD fool to know a fool in d making. Aint amazed u r dis efficient in sporting out potential fools may be as a result of years of constant exhibition of foolishness and stupidity has made u dis perfect in d act. Ode

. . .Another hunter rushes out of the forest to exhibit his foolishness. LOL!!!!!
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by HATEPDP: 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2011
U jst proved me right. Thanks PROF IN FOOLISHNESS
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by wesley80(m): 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2011
Gej's campaign has been devoid of the name calling and mudslinging that has characterized the campaign of his opponents right from the infamous days of Atiku to the present gang of finger pointers.
Right from the outset, Gej had pointed the direction he's campaign would go when he said 'I have no enemies to fight'. Omeri was way out of line to have tampered with the one thing that had stood Gej's campaign out from the whole bunch - Decorum and therefor deserved to go. credit to Gej, he's kicked him out. The man deserves praise and nothing less, but trust NL's online mongrels to start yapping about what he didnt do instead of appreciating what he's done.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by solihu(m): 11:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
One down, more to go!
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Eziachi: 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
wesley80:

Gej's campaign has been devoid of the name calling and mudslinging that has characterized the campaign of his opponents right from the infamous days of Atiku to the present gang of finger pointers.
Right from the outset, Gej had pointed the direction he's campaign would go when he said 'I have no enemies to fight'. Omeri was way out of line to have tampered with the one thing that had stood Gej's campaign out from the whole bunch - Decorum and therefor deserved to go. credit to Gej, he's kicked him out. The man deserves praise and nothing less, but trust NL's online mongrels to start yapping about what he didnt do instead of appreciating what he's done.

Now you really want to rewrite history happening in our very own eyes or what? When Omeri put out his mudsling, people like you were enjoying it , Buhari being associated with corruption and I am sure Jonathan read it like ou and I and enjoyed too because that news was in the dormain for days.
But they never realise that Buhari has a clever man in Odumakin and when he hit back with a thunder that jolted Jonathan and his campaign, it was then that they came out public to deny Omeri and now sacrificed him to save face.

If they were unaware of what Omeri is doing, when the informtion he released about his opponent was in the news for many days, what sort of president will he make that his adviser will jump over him and put such a thing out without his consent?. He didn't come out of this looking good as a leader except this is Nigeria.

Omeri should have been instantly sacked and they apologised to the other candidates but they waited for days.Medication after dead. Some of you think we were born yesterday.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by DisGuy: 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2011
wesley80:

such as?
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Beaf: 11:36pm On Mar 23, 2011
HATE_PDP:

U jst proved me right. Thanks PROF IN FOOLISHNESS

lol. Mr hunter, did you catch any grasscutters today? grin grin grin
I know its not easy living in the bush without having your bath, believe me, it shows each time you post on NL.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by 9ijaMan: 12:16am On Mar 24, 2011
When is Beaf getting the boot? My only surprise is that it took GEJ this long to send Chemical Alli packing.
Ooops. . .I forgot that the clueless man GEJ is a slow poke who needs several days to think such a decision through.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by wesley80(m): 9:13am On Mar 24, 2011
Eziachi:

Now you really want to rewrite history happening in our very own eyes or what? When Omeri put out his mudsling, people like you were enjoying it , Buhari being associated with corruption and I am sure Jonathan read it like ou and I and enjoyed too because that news was in the dormain for days.
But they never realise that Buhari has a clever man in Odumakin and when he hit back with a thunder that jolted Jonathan and his campaign, it was then that they came out public to deny Omeri and now sacrificed him to save face.

If they were unaware of what Omeri is doing, when the informtion he released about his opponent was in the news for many days, what sort of president will he make that his adviser will jump over him and put such a thing out without his consent?. He didn't come out of this looking good as a leader except this is Nigeria.

Omeri should have been instantly sacked and they apologised to the other candidates but they waited for days.Medication after dead. Some of you think we were born yesterday. 

@Bolded. What Exactly do u refer to as a “Thunder” here? This senseless bit of thrash has been circulating in idiotic circles for so long that its laughable that this is all the BB team can come up with. Gej is a man of Dignity and has only done what’s right, late or not.

Dis Guy:

such as?

Exactly why I thot we had Mongrels online!
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by PeeDaVinci: 9:31am On Mar 24, 2011
sacrifice a "pawn" to get the "queen", nice manoeuvre!!! i bet he was not suspended because of his comment but because of some in-house deals that went sour
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by wesley80(m): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ And how much is your bet worth? 2 cents i guess.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Nobody: 10:29am On Mar 24, 2011
I know that I made the right choice, when I chose Jonathan as the best among the lot.

Thanks Mr. President, you are truelly a leader and we are doing our part to see that you shall lead Nigeria.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 24, 2011
noblezone:

I know that I made the right choice, when I chose Jonathan as the best among the lot.

Thanks Mr. President, you are truelly a leader and we are doing our part to see that you shall lead Nigeria.
I really couldn't place you before but now I know why. So you are pro-jonathan
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by 9ijaMan: 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^And just about as numbskull as they come!
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by Pataki: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
Applying the medication after a rotten death. Only a dumb President would concoct such - none other than Clueless Odeski Jonathief.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by emekagh(m): 11:48am On Mar 25, 2011
^^^^

Obama did same.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by omo9ja1(m): 11:59am On Mar 25, 2011
GEJ has done the right things but this guy can still cause more issues for DPD watch out part 2
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by fxskye: 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2011
wesley80:

@Bolded. What Exactly do u refer to as a “Thunder” here? This senseless bit of thrash has been circulating in idiotic circles for so long that its laughable that this is all the BB team can come up with. Gej is a man of Dignity and has only done what’s right, late or not.

Exactly why I thot we had Mongrels online!

U need to understand dt a competent leaders makes gud decisions at an appropriate & adequte time. This decision is not a timely one. It's late. GEJ needs 2 be more proactive in decision making.
Re: News - Jonathan 'sacks' Controversial Campaign Aide, Mike Omeri by johnjoel(m): 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
we all no the plans of pdp.cast your vote wisely

(1) (Reply)

Poll: Are You Satisfied With Efcc's Handling Of Bankole's Prosecution? / Live Update From Nlc/tuc Meeting With Fg On Fuel Subsidy / Ngige Suffers Yet Another Disaster As Another Strong Backer Backs Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.