Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? (2489 Views)

Nigerian Old Movies You Wont Mind Seeing Over Again / Where In Nigeria Can I Buy Old Movies? E.g. Matilda (1996) / Old Movies, Who's Watching? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by oyeleke(f): 7:20pm On Feb 04, 2006
For the past two to three months the American movie adverts i've been seeing are based on old movies eg

LEGEND OF ZORO  shocked

KING KONG shocked

ROBIN HOOD shocked

BATMAN BEGINS shocked, and so much more.....
            What shall we then say: "Are American running out of Movies or what? Then why are they now acting Old films. Really, i don't know but anyone with a better idea can help me out.
Thanks. Please i await contributions
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by gracious(f): 7:35pm On Feb 04, 2006
They are just remaking old movies. sometimes they produce movies that the audience wanna see the most or what they they hope will get an oscar nomination. for instance this years nominations for animated movie is just plain hand drawn cartoons not computer generated animated watever. also some of this years nominations are movies that are based on real life experiences if you notice most of the movies now are based on true life stories bcoz they do well at the box office. any way whatever undecided undecided undecided undecided hope i helped you out here.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by WesleyanA(f): 12:13am On Feb 05, 2006
or maybe they feel that they have better technology and stuff now than the limited ones they had in the past to make the newer versions better than the old ones.

these movies they remake are usually classics too meaning : they live forever!! (maybe they don't want the stories to die? )
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by Eastcoast(f): 2:40am On Feb 05, 2006
Good one wesleyanA smiley
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by da808cutie(f): 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2006
Maybe they've just run out of fresh ideas.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by eveseh(f): 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2006
da808cutie:

Maybe they've just run out of fresh ideas.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 22, 2009
probably to bring the old movies up to date with current trends and technology

or to add a new spin.

some old movie themes are classics though. meaning they fit into any time.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by davidif: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2009
Some movies are better left untouched like Terminator. The first 2 were excellent while the third wasn't anything to write home about. I have not seen the fourth one so i can't comment on it. I also heard that they were remaking the 1979 science fiction classic "Alien" which is annoying to a lot of fans of the original.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by iice(f): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2009
I just hope they don't destroy Clash of the Titans.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by asha80(m): 10:41pm On Nov 23, 2009
iice:

I just hope they don't destroy Clash of the Titans.

Man i love this movie.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by iice(f): 3:18pm On Nov 24, 2009
asha 80:

Man i love this movie.

Me too. There was magic in that movie!
The teaser of the remake does look good. . .i just hope they are able to do justice to that movie.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by Nignog: 12:41pm On Nov 25, 2009
I heard they are remaking "Napolean Dynamite" with an all Nigerian cast!
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by agathamari(f): 1:27am On Nov 26, 2009
this is nothing new. they have been remaking movies for decades, im surpriesed it took you so long to notice
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by tpia5: 1:58am On Aug 12, 2011
not sure i'm feeling the new conan.

why are they making such drastic changes in these movies. undecided

oh well.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by tpia5: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2011
never mind.

watched his interview yesterday and it turns out he doesnt own a computer, phone, or tv.

also didnt know what twitter was and thought it was an insult.

i guess he's ok for the role. grin
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by Vieira(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2011
tpia, why do you think it is drastic changes?

Do you know that when the original Conan came out that many people were upset because they used Arnold?

The original conan in the books was not described like Arnold at all.

This new Conan is more like the Conan in the books and comics
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by Vieira(m): 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2011
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by tpia5: 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^interesting.

the first photo does look a bit like arnold though.
Re: Why Are Americans Now Remaking Old Movies? by tpia5: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2011
tpia, why do you think it is drastic changes?

Do you know that when the original Conan came out that many people were upset because they used Arnold?

The original conan in the books was not described like Arnold at all.

This new Conan is more like the Conan in the books and comics

the new conan looks vampiric.

i'm not sure if that's how the first one from the books was?

arnold's conan was more knight-ish.

i think people are more used to the old bumbly conan but i guess they'll get used to this new, darker one.

like the joker in batman i guess.

(1) (Reply)

Lol: See What TSTV Has Forced DSTV Into / X-men: First Class' Follow-up Previously Converse / Merlin Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.