Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw (1714 Views)

The Us, North And Sw Are Desperate For A War In Niger Delta And Biafra Land / SE, SS And SW Leaders Must Start Talking Now! / SE And SW Nigeria Which Is Greener? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by AljUche: 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
the recent way our president is using igbo this igbo that is becoming worrying

Mr jonathan went to the north saying " igbos are 40% in kano, 38% in kaduna" and so on

he went to SW saying igbos are 70% of lagos 50% of ondo, 40% of oyo and so on

why is mr president shouting igbo population all about. when the census was done, was it based on ethnicity of state of residence

i would like to know your thoughts on this
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by EzeUche2(m): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2011
Maybe he is answering his father's name finally? undecided
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by AljUche: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

brother i do not think he is answering his fathers name ooooo

he should be talking about ijaw or MEND not igbo at all.

even worse his team started a false claim of igbos 40% in kano state

and 70% in lagos

he is dragging ethnic politics into play here to be the president

i think a good president should not look at ethnicity but the country as a whole
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by gogo123: 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
Alj Uche:

Mr jonathan went to the north saying " igbos are 40% in kano, 38% in kaduna" and so on

why is mr president shouting igbo population all about. when the census was done, was it based on ethnicity of state of residence

He is simply saying the truth, Nigeria has turned a corner for good
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by sbeezy8: 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
i think its funny/sad/crazy how hes using ibo for his dirty work. its really sad yo cause ibo dont see it.

honestly come 2015 time for (ibo or north president?) I GUARANTEE he will be singing a different tune.

EzeUche_:

lol then theres no need for ibo president after GEJ he is the ibo president right or wrong?

i like his style tho reminds me of obj- who no one knows his father probably that ibo man, babangida whos mixed with yoruba- yet claims ONLY fulani-gwari, they said people knew him by badamosi which either his mother or adopted mother called him, Abacha who everyone thought was hausa-fulani but was actually kanuri even jailed the top fulani officials.

naija is funny sha -
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by EzeUche2(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^

He does come from a traditional Igbo/Ijaw border. And if I remember correctly, he said his grandfather came from Arochukwu, which is very likely. But the man is an Ijaw. I don't care if he bears an Igbo middle name and that he speaks Igbo.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by xreal: 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2011
That's to tell you that he has his fears (a thought that goes thus ''I will win even if only my tribes-men vote for me'').

BTW, this guy has little or no political experience . . . he must fumble when campaigning.

A 'tribalistic' leader is not what Nigeria needs.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by AljUche: 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2011
xreal:

That's to tell you that he has his fears (a thought that goes thus ''I will win even if only my tribes-men vote for me'').

BTW, this guy has little or no political experience . . . he must fumble when campaigning.

A 'tribalistic' leader is not what Nigeria needs.
#

my sentiment exactly
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by appletango: 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
The man is one of the biggest exponents of tribal politics in the country. If there is any post elections violence then the responsibility will be placed squarely on his shoulders.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by AljUche: 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
appletango:

The man is one of the biggest exponents of tribal politics in the country. If there is any post elections violence then the responsibility will be placed squarely on his shoulders.

i agree with that

he is using ethnicity which is one of the reasons we northerners did not like ciroma when he was shouting power must go back to the north

not even knowing jonathan is the same as ciroma angry
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by sbeezy8: 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
Im not even concerned in the least bit  I JUST CANT WAIT TILL 2015

he can say that ibo are 70%  of everystate in the SW and North Idont care- but when it boils down to WE'LL SEE HOW THAT 40-70%of ibo LIE in all NW NC and SW hold up.

its going to be crazy i can see how this is going to go down in the books- I GUARANTEE ibo will not have that same "love" for GEJ in 2015. GEJ will be seen as a traitor, backstabber etc (all those name ibo like to call people)

GEJ is just using ibo name to dump it after election.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by EzeUche2(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^

Or something else can happen. The East may have the final laugh. Either way, you have to get past this election first instead of thinking about 2015.

Every SS and SE person knows that we have been neglected, undercounted etc. And I am pretty sure GEJ knows this as well. The way he is showering his home state with money. Sending militants abroad etc.

Things are looking good for the Igbo, Ijaw, Isoko, Ibibio etc. He knows where his support his located.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by 9ijaMan: 6:15pm On Mar 24, 2011
Since there is no tangible achievement GEJ can talk about at his campaigns, what else do you guys expect of him? If he's not promising 36 airports in the 36 states, he'll be spewing comments like an ethnic bigot.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by Ikengawo: 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
even if these stats were true it's VERY obvious that he's using it as a pretense to rig in areas he will lose by margins that will hinder his chances at victory.

why announce this now? who ever took a count of how many igbos lived in any city? our census doesn't ask ethnicity so where is he coming with these numbers?

even if they're true, they're obviously a corrupt ploy.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by sbeezy8: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
EzeUche_:

^^^

Or something else can happen. The East may have the final laugh. Either way, you have to get past this election first instead of thinking about 2015.

Every SS and SE person knows that we have been neglected, undercounted etc. And I am pretty sure GEJ knows this as well. The way he is showering his home state with money. Sending militants abroad etc.

Things are looking good for the Igbo, Ijaw, Isoko, Ibibio etc. He knows where his support his located.

whats the last laugh? grin GEJ rigging/winning elections, being seen as an ibo man , president for 4 yrs, presidency back to the north 8 more yrs, no ibo or east president after GEJ for the next 8-16 yrs? (if presidency comes back down to the south after GEJ i guaratee it will be to an edo or yoruba most likely edo whos favoured among yorubas and the north.

THATS WHAT THE ELITE WANT- who better to do it than a niger deltan - whos seen as ibo anyway
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by sbeezy8: 6:26pm On Mar 24, 2011
trust me i want gej to be president. whether rig or not i dont care
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by kasiem(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
All this otiose vituperations should stop, look at the way that ACN betrayed their tribal egoism by sidelining the igbos and no one is saying anything about it. U imbeciles think that we dont know the true census figure in naija?
@poster, pls be circumspect of the way u deride the igbos, i dont give a damn to ur being unregenerate prodigal son of igboland
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by AljUche: 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ikengawo:

even if these stats were true it's VERY obvious that he's using it as a pretense to rig in areas he will lose by margins that will hinder his chances at victory.

why announce this now? who ever took a count of how many igbos lived in any city? our census doesn't ask ethnicity so where is he coming with these numbers?

even if they're true, they're obviously a corrupt ploy.

Thanks, u can see through this man like clear oil

We in the north have also taken notice to this man

I am just glad that u can also see this
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by udezue(m): 6:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
He is WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by 9ijaMan: 6:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
sbeezy8:

trust me i want gej to be president. whether rig or not i dont care
Why would you and your likes then have any moral grounds to blame corrupt leaders? For you, GEJ must win regardless of the number of lives that will be lost. I'll advice you to start prepping yourself for your GEJ will be sent back to the creeks of the ND.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by naso2(m): 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2011

Posted by: Alj Uche  

Kindly provide the link where GEJ made these claims or just lock this your useless thread.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by Rhino5dm: 6:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
Am all eyes.  waiting keenly to see how this politics of bigotry plays out.

When their respective host communities started becoming hostile due to the exubitant figures being cynically alloted to them , they will be shoulting

marginalisation.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by AljUche: 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
kasiem:

All this otiose vituperations should stop, look at the way that ACN betrayed their tribal egoism by sidelining the igbos and no one is saying anything about it. U imbeciles think that we dont know the true census figure in naija?
@poster, pls be circumspect of the way u deride the igbos, i dont give a damn to your being  unregenerate prodigal son of igboland
I do not care about Acn, they are all the same.

Even Acn how have they side lined the igbos. I would like to know, us it in term of lavish or national politics

How many igbos are in ACN
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by sbeezy8: 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2011
kasiem:

@poster, pls be circumspect of the way u deride the igbos, i dont give a damn to your being unregenerate prodigal son of igboland

you must be drinking if ACN is a yoruba party so be it. what of apga for ibos or anpp for northerners.

why must ACN be any different? HAHA-

did apga not endorse ebelechukwu azikwe and not ribadu or buhari? LOL

udezue:

He is WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool

HES WINNING because that what elite NORTH AND SW want him to do YOURE LOSING IN THE END RUN

9ijaMan:

Why would you and your likes then have any moral grounds to blame corrupt leaders? For you, GEJ must win regardless of the number of lives that will be lost. I'll advice you to start prepping yourself for your GEJ will be sent back to the creeks of the ND.

NAIJA NOT CHANGING ANYTIME SOON SO WE MIGHT ASWELL HAVE GEJ THE IBO NIGER DELTAN THERE FOR 4 YRS then on with our business as usual naija CAN NEVER WORK-
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by isuomo: 6:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
Guys write it down now and get it into your skulls, we will put forward Fashola in 2015 as the next president and will make sure he wins. The igbos lost the opportunity by backing this loser in 2011 after Buhari's one term we will make sure it comes back to southwest with Fashola as our pointsman. I know some of you will laugh but please archive this and bring it up in 2015 if God tarries.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by sbeezy8: 6:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
isuomo:

Guys write it down now and get it into your skulls, we will put forward Fashola in 2015 as the next president and will make sure he wins. The igbos lost the opportunity by backing this loser in 2011 after Buhari's one term we will make sure it comes back to southwest with Fashola as our pointsman. I know some of you will laugh but please archive this and bring it up in 2015 if God tarries.

buharis not winning and I DONT LIKE THE SOUND OF FASHOLA BEING PRESIDENT IN 2015 ANYMORE SORRY.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by sbeezy8: 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ LOL some of you poster think the above guys ACTUALLY LOVE GEJ. GEJ just maintains the status quo of things in nigeria.

do you seriously think these guys will poor billions of naira into GEJ campaign becuase they love him or care to see Ibo/Ijaw as president? GEJ is just a tool for the time being.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by EzeUche2(m): 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

Am all eyes.  waiting keenly to see how this politics of bigotry plays out.

When their respective host communities started becoming hostile due to the exubitant figures being cynically alloted to them , they will be shoulting

marginalisation.

You are begging for a fight. The way you write on these threads, you wish to see an Igbo/Hausa clash. Be careful what you wish for, because I am sure the Middle Belt will not help you all this time.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by sbeezy8: 7:30pm On Mar 24, 2011
sorry to add
[size=13pt]Nigerian billionaires to raise money for Jonathan’s campaign[/size]

Twelve top Nigerian businessmen, including billionaires Aliko Dangote, Femi Otedola and Mike Adenuga, were selected yesterday in Abuja by the People’s Democratic Party to join a committee that will raise funds to support President Goodluck Jonathan’s presidential campaign. Others in the Donor Committee are Tony Elumelu, former chairman of the United Bank for Africa; Jimoh Ibrahim, chairman of NICON Insurance; Emeka Offor, Kashim Bukar, Sayyu Dantata, Jim Ovia, Dahiru Manga, Abdulsamad Rabiu and Kola Salako.

The ruling party also named a nine-member finance and fundraising committee headed by former chairman of the Nigeria Stock Exchange, Oba Otudeko. The members of the committee are Atedo Peterside, Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, Funsho Lawal, Bola Shagaya, Tukur Mani, Tony Onoh, Funsho Awoyemi and the party’s director of finance.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by 9ijaMan: 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^Stale news. We all know that those names were propped up to create a smokescreen for the continued looting of the treasury.
Re: Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw by Rhino5dm: 8:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
Have you ever been to the north??

Do you really know the implication of making such statement??(that igobs are the majorities in Kano)

Dude! You  thought ANY reasonable igbo man will risk his life to go out on the election day in those violence prone northern state??

My good friends always scramble for safety in army barracks when ever there is election and any resonable person knows the implication of been considered

as majority(threats) in violence prone northern states. Even the locals are consider traitors for associating them selves with GEJ, what more of a SOUTHERNER

(igbo man of all people, all you will succeeded in doing is to make them easy prey). Take a look at how emir's are being attack on daily basis and tell me HOW

any igbo man will survive meddling with those people's intrest. Obj had s smooth sail only with the percieved zoning arrangement after his second tenure and the much touted political statement that he was rejected by his people and the north is the  one supporting him

Look, take or leave it, this election is against a christain south and a muslim north(Buhari for that matter), No need of a sooth sayer to tell you that, anyone that meddle with people's intrest  is doing that at his own risk.

Nuff said!  

EzeUche_:

You are begging for a fight. The way you write on these threads, you wish to see an Igbo/Hausa clash. Be careful what you wish for, because I am sure the Middle Belt will not help you all this time.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Voting In Pdp - What A Dumb Move / What If Osama Is Not Dead? What If We Are Being Lied To? / Comment If You Support Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.