Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:04 PM

The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (20505 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by aca77: 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
I just dont get it. Why should a man work so hard for his money, marry one liability of a wife and then due to some reason they get divorced - only for the liability woman that did not contribute anything whatsoever to the money made by the man to claim portions of his fortune as divorce settlement? Settlement for what? If the woman is so pissed by his cheating or whatever caused the divorce, why not simply leave him without greedily lusting after some of his money. And these women that claim feminists and independent women, but they still want to take a man's money that they did not help in making. I just thank God that such nonsense is not applicable in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by r231(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
eyahhhh. . . . . . sorry o grin cheesy

how much did she take you for in settlement

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
There is a thin line between love and hate so women would gladly hurt men where the would feel it the most. If you stoopid enough to marry some damsel without a prenup then you should be taken for your money because you are a fool.

Btw if you guys have children together, then she needs to have a proper place to raise them(or when they visit her) and money to feed them until she finds another mumu to take care of her.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by MrsChima1(f): 6:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
aca77:

I just dont get it. Why should a man work so hard for his money, marry one liability of a wife and then due to some reason they get divorced - only for the liability woman that did not contribute anything whatsoever to the money made by the man to claim portions of his fortune as divorce settlement? Settlement for what? If the woman is so pissed by his cheating or whatever caused the divorce, why not simply leave him without greedily lusting after some of his money. And these women that claim feminists and independent women, but they still want to take a man's money that they did not help in making. I just thank God that such nonsense is not applicable in Nigeria.

I fast that God strike you, Aca77 blind.  Amen.  I see why the women putting up with the bullshit. They have to stay somewhere and eat.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2011
since it doesnt apply in Nigeria

why do you care?

all these daft threads sef

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by desholah(m): 6:28pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

There is a thin line between love and hate so women would gladly hurt men where the would feel it the most. If you stoopid enough to marry some damsel without a prenup then you should be taken for your money because you are a fool.

Btw if you guys have children together, then she needs to have a proper place to raise them(or when they visit her) and money to feed them until she finds another mumu to take care of her.
You are very right here.

OP.
I would just flow with MRbrownJAY this time  . . .He's said it all.
Whe you are not in Arab countries,why should she share from your properties after the divorce?
But if there are children then i think you both need to talk it down and let her have some share . . .That's all i got .
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by 190: 6:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
aca77:

I just dont get it. Why should a man work so hard for his money,[size=18pt] marry one liability of a wife and then due to some reason they get divorced - only for the liability woman that did not contribute anything whatsoever to the money made by the man to claim portions of his fortune as divorce settlement?[/size] Settlement for what? If the woman is so pissed by his cheating or whatever caused the divorce, why not simply leave him without greedily lusting after some of his money. And these women that claim feminists and independent women, but they still want to take a man's money that they did not help in making. I just thank God that such nonsense is not applicable in Nigeria.

DEATH @ Liability grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think Mobo444 would be in the best position to answer this question
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Goldieluks: 6:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
Pointless!!!! sorta.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by aca77: 6:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

since it doesnt apply in Nigeria

why do you care?

all these daft threads sef

Yeah, it's a daft thread, that is why a daft leech like yourself feels the need to post in it. After all, daft threads attract daft posters like you. Innit?

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by aca77: 6:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

There is a big difference between Divorce settlement and child support. Of course most men would gladly provide child support (that is if it is decided for whatever reason that the woman should have custody of the children). But what is the idea of paying settlement to some woman who decides/agrees to divorce a man. If she is so interested in divorcing the man, why not also divorce his money? I agree with you that only fools would marry without signing prenups.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by desholah(m): 6:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
aca77:

Yeah, it's a daft thread, that is why a daft leech like yourself feels the need to post in it. After all, daft threads attract daft posters like you. Innit?
Fell off the thread grin grin grin grin
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by 190: 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
aca77:

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by obowunmi(m): 7:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ OP, its not by force to marry.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
Men have to work for a living but women(btches) spread their legs for a living.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by dammyyk: 7:07pm On Mar 24, 2011
hi wazt up can i know u
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Goldieluks: 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
REALITY101:

Men have to work for a living but women(btches) spread their legs for a living.

That's NOT fair and so not true,haba!!^^ angry sad
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
obowunmi:

Exactly.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
@aca77
Its like a thank you present for all her "hardwork" taking care of whatever while she was with you.

Its the law of these places. Even if you don't get married but lived together as common law spouse, you may have to pay her! Supposedly, if a gal lives in the street and you make her taste the "good life" she cant/shouldnt go back to the street simply because you dumped her yrs later.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
^Who's forcing you people to either marry or let women live with you?

In other words you guys are upset cos you make idiotic decisions.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^Don't get me wrong, where I reside, you can throw a biatch on the sidewalk after yrs of living together, with no repercussions whatsoever. . . That doesn't mean I don't understand the law in place in some countries.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by 190: 7:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
obowunmi:

THIS STATEMENT ALWAYS CRACK ME UP EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by obowunmi(m): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^ why na ? girlfriend gan is not by force --- you can dobo dobo as you please.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^ because in 9ja IT IS by force that one must marry. Most people would say that you can't possibly be unmarried and happy.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^ that msg was for 190.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by obowunmi(m): 7:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ I thought that only applied to women and not men. Men have more freedom as to when they can marry.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
Just another reason why I think the whole idea of 'equality' in marriage is a stupid joke - infact the worst hypocrisy ever. A woman wants to be 'equal' with, and enjoy the same 'privileges' (including the 'privilege' of engaging in extra-marital affairs) as a man that pays all her bills, lol. Yet after divorce she'll want half of his fortune - is that what 'equality' means?

I see no sense whatsoever in the idea of divorce settlement. It's just senseless. But it's probably even more senseless to get married without making the biatcch sign a pre-nup. I pity the love-drunk imbeciles that allow deceitful biatches blackmail them with 'if you truly love me you'd marry me without a pre-nup'. I bet Tiger Woods fell for that crap. . .now the filthy nanny he did a favour by marrying is a multi-millionaire off his sweat. I would so break that biatch's neck if I ever catch her. If she was so mad about Tiger Woods' promiscuity, why did she not just walk away - leaving him and his 'promiscuous' money behind. Hypocritical gold-digger.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Onchedu(m): 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
Making divorce preparations?

Anyway that settlement thing is crap & many women have used it to defraud many men.

Naija man no dey dull sha. I know of a guy who was living in the states. His bloody naija wife open eye wan do guy man strong thing. The guy sell him kaya escape come back naija. Oya make she come collect settlement make we see.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2011
@pro01
that Tiger fool had a prenup!!! But when the scandal exploded in his face he did what he thought was right because wifey said she would stick with him if he signs new contracts or whatever. He did then she left. He willingly gave her 100milla thinking it would save his marriage AND image!but then again, if you have more than $200 milla and loses half, you aint really suffering!
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@pro01
that Tiger fool had a prenup!!! But when the scandal exploded in his face he did what he thought was right because wifey said she would stick with him if he signs new contracts or whatever. He did then she left. He willingly gave her 100milla thinking it would save his marriage AND image!but then again, if you have more than $200 milla and loses half, you aint really suffering!

Tiger must be a bigger fool than I thought. 'Willingly' giving $100m to a biatch that divorced me because I did what filthy rich young men do? Ha! Olurun ma je. As for the part in bold, I disagree oh. I would suffer psychologically (to the point of heart attack sef) if I lose even a quarter of that fortune to a useless woman; I'd be happier to lose that much to a faceless internet scammer than to an ex wife, thats for sure.

2 Likes

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by armyofone(m): 8:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
OP, do not chill yet. NOT yet Uhuru!!! you thanking God the good system in the west (favoring women) is not yet in nigeria?? haha just wait LOL
we are coming soon to Nigeria. We plan to upgrade the police and legal bs you guys have in nigeria. when we m*ess eh, cold go catch fowl
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nekai(f): 8:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
Tiger was worth 600-750 million so she didn't end up getting half.
And he agreed to give her 100 million after the divorce as a settlement. The money is in exchange for her silence, since she is not allowed to talk, or write a book about the situation.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nekai(f): 8:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
Everyone knows that a good man can be made even greater by a supportive wife. Being a wife and mother is a 24/7 job and some women give up the best years of their lives to rearing children and helping create a peaceful home. How much money is that worth? That's a double overtime job with no time off. No woman wants to end up a divorcee especially with children in the picture. 9 times out of 10 it's the man who sends the woman out because of his cheating behavior.
Must the woman be thrown out on the street after all the hard work is done putting a household together and rearing the children?
I applaud every woman who has a cheating/abusive husband and managed to get half of the estate she has contributed to.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? / 9-year-old Boy Commits Suicide After Being Bullied At School / Who Will You Take Sides With, Me Or My Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.