Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) (2185 Views)

Breaking President Of Gabon Spotted In Nigeria Civil War Pics As A Starvin Child / Rare Photo Of A Soldier Teaching A Lady How 2 Shoot Gun During Nigeria Civil War / Flashback Pictures Of Nigeria Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Concept(m): 11:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
I see the intervention of the Western world in Libya war as personal, unbalanced and unjustified.

I have a question. Assumming that during Nigeria Civil war, The allied supported Biafran and started dropping bombs on Lagos and other Nigeria sided states. How will you feel? What will be your reaction?
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Beaf: 1:16am On Mar 25, 2011
And why would America wake up one morning and start bombing Lagos? They ain't crazy!
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by pleep(m): 1:24am On Mar 25, 2011
Exactly. The intervention in libya is the same principle. Event though i am pro biafra, i know it would be wrong for the U.N to attack Nigeria, a soverign nation, simply because they are fighting a rebel group inside their own borders. The U.N is in essence SUPPORTINg AN ARMED REBEL GROUP. This has dangerous precidents.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by EzeUche2(m): 1:30am On Mar 25, 2011
As a Pro-Biafran as well, I still think it would be wrong for the West to intervene in any sovereign nation. They should watch on the sidelines instead of tipping the balance in the favor of any group.

People already know that the West intervened in the Nigerian Civil War. Especially the British who provided the bulk of the support through arms and covert actions.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by EzeUche2(m): 1:38am On Mar 25, 2011
fstranger3:

To Ojukwu.

The BBC also provided him with a journalist to help keep his propaganda machine working? Not to talk about other European countries using/disguising red cross planes and equipments to transport arms to the Biafrans. cool

Who do you think warned Gowon about the ramifications of secession by the East? Who do you think provided the technical no-how for Nigeria's weapons? Who do you  actually think provided weapons for Nigeria?

It was the British. If it wasn't for British support, Biafra would have overran Lagos.

This is clearly documented the West involvement in Nigeria. Not to help a rebel movement like they are doing in Libya, but to suppress a self-determination movement. However, as we see, the West has different POV now, since the 60s.

Nigeria is no longer the hope for Africa, and many Westerners predict the nation is going to break up.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by pleep(m): 2:21am On Mar 25, 2011
^^^ i cant wait till it breaks up, i just hope it wont be bloody.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by ChinenyeN(m): 6:32am On Mar 25, 2011
The move the west made in Libya really annoys me, but the most irritating thing of it all though, is that if (for the sake of being 'fair', I'm using 'if', but we're all thinking the same thing) a case like Libya were to occur in Nigeria and the west were to pull another one of their oh-so-familiar stunts, there would be nothing I could do about it. Besides, we'll never know what side they'll 'ally' with, until they do, and it's not as if the break up will be a repeat of the past (Biafra vs Nigeria). If anything, it'll be more fractured, I'd guess.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by kodewrita(m): 7:30am On Mar 25, 2011
Concept:

I see the intervention of the Western world in Libya war as personal, unbalanced and unjustified.

I have a question. Assumming that during Nigeria Civil war, The allied supported Biafran and started dropping bombs on Lagos and other Nigeria sided states. How will you feel? What will be your reaction?

Key Difference: No ruler leading for 41 years. Civil war about secession not regime change. Cold war in progress.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2011
You people who call yourselfs Biafrans are complete idiots and self destroying bastaerds. We should try and build a great nation, instead you people are hoping the white man will have his dreams of seeing our demise come through. This is why non of you will ever become the president of Nigeria. This is why you people will allways be in the lowest ranks of our society. I can't believe that you people are actually from the same tribe as the great general Ironsi. If I were president, I would make sure you people never progress in Nigeria. You are backstabbing megalomaniacs, so Bleep Biafra. Long Live Nigeria. And Bleep the french as well.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by ezeagu(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2011
Go and build a great nation in Maiduguri.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by henry101(m): 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2011
patriot2:

You people who call yourselfs Biafrans are complete idiots and self destroying bastaerds. We should try and build a great nation, instead you people are hoping the white man will have his dreams of seeing our demise come through. This is why non of you will ever become the president of Nigeria. This is why you people will allways be in the lowest ranks of our society. I can't believe that you people are actually from the same tribe as the great general Ironsi. If I were president, I would make sure you people never progress in Nigeria. You are backstabbing megalomaniacs, so bleep Biafra. Long Live Nigeria. And bleep the french as well.

Was it not the same white man that brought different ethnic group to make Nigeria?
Ok, let me put it this way, The name Nigeria was when lord luggard was having a doggie with mary slessor, lol,
Kai abomination!!!!!
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2011
Thank you for your pick on history, but it matters not what brought us together.
Now that we are together let us make the best use of our unity.
(Actually you should know that in my dreams Africa is just one country, a verry powerful and united country).
The white bastards thought they could keep us week by uniting us the way they did and now that they have seen their mistake, they are hoping for our breakup.
Let us show them who we are (Africans), let us show them a world in which they have no power.
Let us unite or they will finish us all. So I think dangerous individuals in Nigeria who are dreaming for our break up should be jailed or worse.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by ebere1712: 11:43pm On Jul 17, 2011
henry101:

Was it not the same white man that brought different ethnic group to make Nigeria?
Ok, let me put it this way, The name Nigeria was when lord luggard was having a doggie with mary slessor, lol,
Kai abomination!!!!!

Haha this is ruff funny  grin. Seriously that is a slap on our faces. How can you see progress when you were named by a fornicator.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by henry101(m): 11:46pm On Jul 17, 2011
patriot2:

Thank you for your pick on history, but it matters not what brought us together.
Now that we are together let us make the best use of our unity.
(Actually you should know that in my dreams Africa is just one country, a verry powerful and united country).
The white bastards thought they could keep us week by uniting us the way they did and now that they have seen their mistake, they are hoping for our breakup.
Let us show them who we are (Africans), let us show them a world in which they have no power.
Let us unite or they will finish us all. So I think dangerous individuals in Nigeria who are dreaming for our break up should be jailed or worse.

Ok, I understand. But dnt ever believe what you read on NL, except the breaking news part,
The real Nigerians dnt have access to the internet,
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by nateevs(m): 11:52pm On Jul 17, 2011
Why is it pertinent to talk about Biafra, break-ups and civil wars at the slightest opportunity? What do we choose to gain by splitting up? Are we stronger divided?
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by aljharem3: 11:53pm On Jul 17, 2011
nateevs:

Why is it pertinent to talk about Biafra, break-ups and civil wars at the slightest opportunity? What do we choose to gain by splitting up? Are we stronger divided?

ask them ooo
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2011
Exactly, if we divide then we will be weaker and what France did to Ivory Coast will be appliable to us. I do not understand that some bastards will just be praying for the death of their nation ! Nigeria is the main energy for stability in West Africa and in Africa in general, if Nigeria falls (which is the dream of the whites) then Africa will turn to a giant war zone in which Europeans as usual will be stealing the oil and the gold and the numerous resources and they will be fueling the conflicts by any means necessary, for example take a look at Congo : Still at war !?
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by NegroNtns(m): 12:41am On Jul 18, 2011
The protocols of warfare, particularly a tactical one requiring use of infantry, demands the security of a coalition or alliances.

Ojukwu was a Oxford educated person, he was commisioned officer and a Lieutenant Colonel by rank. For him to have dismissed that simple protocol and deployed infantry on the frontier meant he was totally inept and incompetent in the skills of warfare.

Gowon outwited him by adhering to and following that understanding which for ages all warriors, whether primitive or modernized know to be fundamental to winning a battle.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 18, 2011
nateevs:

there will always be something to gain when we split and we haven't felt stronger divided because we haven't split.you can ask again years after the split.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 1:04am On Jul 18, 2011
@babaearly

Are you on drugs, what you are saying makes no sense.
By following your logics I can also say: lets kill all our wifes, there will always be something to gain from killing our wifes and we haven't felt stronger with the death of our wifes because we haven't killed our wifes yet. You can ask again years after we've killed our wifes.
Conclusion you are an idiot or on drugs.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 18, 2011
nateevs:

Are we any better united?
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Ystranger: 2:00am On Jul 18, 2011
davidylan:

Are we any better united?

Are we not?
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 2:04am On Jul 18, 2011
Ystranger:

Are we not?

In what way? Educate me pls. I am tired of empty nonsense telling me we are better "united" when there is no proof for such. It is certainly up for debate that as independent regions, we may have developed a lot faster without the albatross called military dicatorships or federal character.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Concept(m): 6:29am On Jul 18, 2011
Nigeria is a failed nation running by lunatics who have nothing to offer but to milk it dry. Break up of the nation is not the answer but break up of the Cabals.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 18, 2011
Again I will have you know that Nigeria is the most powerfull state in Africa, that is a proof that we are better united.
Stop looking for our downfall, start looking for a way to bring us closer.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Blackteeth(m): 9:36am On Jul 18, 2011
^^Thats one reason why we are stagnant in development. We feel we are the best thing in africa and satisfied with it.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
Of course we are not contempt, you people can not see the bigger picture.
In 50 years times by God's grace Nigeria will be much bigger, hopefully we will swallow Cameroun, Niger and Benin Republic. That would be going forward for an Arfrican Unity. When we are done with our unification we will start competting with nations like China, India, EU and the USA. Stop being self minded think about the good of the entire Afrika. Colonisation never would have occur if we had been united in the first place. Listen to the words of Malcolm X and reunite.
Re: Libya: Case Study- Nigeria Civil War (allied Intervention) by Powersurge: 8:09am On Apr 27, 2021
I don't really think it's fear. It's just defence tactics. Besides that's the problem with guerilla Warfare, you don't know when and how your enemy would attack. Your heavy weapons would become useless.

Nigeria govt is known for starting crisis. Most of these crisis would hv been avoided if we had listening govt.

Many foreign superpowers hv interests in Nigeria's disintegration (which honestly at this point I feel is the right way to go) and govt is making it easier for them.

Nigeria does not hv capacity to fight in all fronts. Besides the military is becoming very unpopular amongst the youths. Hence having human capital as time progresses msy be very daunting.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Youths Batter Pastor Over His Comment On Road Blockage On Sallah Day / Why Cant Igbos Stay Back, Save Themselves And Develope Their Region? / Orji Kalu Writes To Amaechi Over President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.