Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:09 PM

Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' (4801 Views)

A Boy Like Me / Vimcy " A 9ja Guy Like Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2011
Hi my name is Natasha, and you are about to read my story of the lost days I'll try to post every single time i'm free so sit back, relax and enjoy

I have seen it all, the good, the bad, the ugly, the pretty, the devilish just name it. You are about to read the story of a 16 year old girl who is remembering her childhood to this day. I was born in a family of ten yeah we are pretty big wink I have an older brother who happens to be the only son of my father and six sisters all from the same mother, I have a step sister who I have never set eyes on so i don't really include her as my sibling, though in my heart i know she is. I can say my family is one of the craziest families in the world and i'm proud of it grin to have the opportunity to have such experience.

I'm sitting here remembering the days when it was just the three of us, me ,my older brother and my sis. We used to stay up late waiting for my dad to return because of the goodies we would receive, he would buy us either fried chicken or meat, chocolate,apples, shortbread, meat pie , bugger and not forgetting juice to wash down wink so every single day we would stay up late like night guards just to eat something tasty, gosh we were gluttons after eating dinner we would still wait for night rumble grin grin. There was a day, while waiting I noticed that dad had taken too long but my sis urged me not to so i waited. Finally, after the long wait dad was here and we were ready to devour what he had bought. After the long wait dad had only bought shortbread, suya and juice but we were still happy, little did we know what was ahead. After opening the juice we found out it had expired and the suya was also bad so we had virtually waited for nothing, just the bloody short bread angry Now i just couldn't accept the fact that i had waited in vain so i took the juice along side my sis and drank it lipsrsealed yep I drank spoiled juice grin it felt good cos i had taken my brothers ration. I was little and to me there was  definitely nothing wrong with my family but I was wrong, I was too young to understand marital problems cry
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, am waiting to read m=re
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by ULSHERLAN(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, am waiting to read m=re
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2011
At this point in time we were living in the civil servant quaters, my dads friend had bought a hen and a cock as a gift and in no time they had started reproducing, now whenever my dad was handicapped financially we retired to eating just fried chicken which was a bloody irony of our financial status grin. I was little but very lively , I loved to wash dishes but mum will never let me wash them, she would say i was too young, this made me cry uncontrollably, I can still remember that day when I had offered to wash the dishes and my mum had once again refused me from doing that, so as  usual I started crying cry  then my uncle came in and demanded to know the reason why I was crying, my mum had related everything to him then he told her to let me wash the dishes if that was the reason to my tears so she reluctantly accepted and to the astonishement of every one I had washed the dishes perfectly shocked wink of course I started washing dishes from that day.
      Later I was told that we had to leave the quaters for the new employees, so that meant a new environment, my dad had hurriedly rented an apartment for us to move in, and in no due time we had gone to our new home, I didn't know if i liked it or not undecided. My dad was also promoted and transfered to another local government which was far away from home, so I didn't get to see my dad as much as I used to and it also meant NO NIGHT RUMBLE cry cry cry . Well since  Dad was always far from home I just had to crave my indulgence with something so I retired to singing cheesy I would disturb the whole household at night with my frogy voice singing different songs NOTE THEY WERE NOT NURSERY RHYMES OR PRAISE SONGS  they were songs I myself had put together I would have loved to write down the only one i remember but nah i wont cos its very silly and the whole house always use that song to tease me embarassed. So every night I would sit in front of the mirror and sing while everyone was virtually sleeping or about to go to bed I would sing till I was tired after which I would go to bed.
      My dad always sent us money and food stuff through his friends due to his place of work. Our land lady always quarrelled my mum and rained insults on her, the woman was very troublesome and jealous  was it because my mum was prettier than her? undecided  so I thought in my big head.  My dad had sent a very big fish to us that day and our land lady was present when my dad's friend brought it so she looked at my mum and said in this very words '' dash dash dash everytime dash  una no fit buy something for una self'' my mum had laughed seroiusly because everything we had been recieving was from our dad and the foolish woman did not know this angry she called us to see what our father had sent and I still remember the lady was filled with shame grin. When my dad returned my mum had told him every thing and he knew it was time for us to have our own appartment, to avoid such frivolities, so my dad started the construction of our new building immediately cheesy
      As a child I had a benevolent heart and I was a cheerful giver, I would always go to the front of the house every morning to pick ripe guava's and i wouldn't eat till I had shared them with my siblings, but my elder brother was very greedy lipsrsealed he would never share a thing with me, he would always put a full egg into his mouth to prevent anyone from begging him undecided well i did not mind because it was in my nature to give freely wink.
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Mobsync(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2011
**suscribing,inscribing,proscribing nd enscribing***
ur no1 fan>>>>niSo niBe<<<<<
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by gokex(m): 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
let me have stories so interesting keep it up baby.
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 8:25am On Mar 31, 2011
Mobsync:

**suscribing,inscribing,proscribing nd enscribing***
your no1 fan>>>>niSo niBe<<<<<
gokex:

let me have stories so interesting keep it up baby.

thanks a lot guys kiss
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 8:38am On Mar 31, 2011
I dont remember much about my nursery education, its almost as if i didn't have a nursery education sad grin. The only thing I remember is there was this boy in my class who always had catarrh running down his nose and I sat close to him which made matters worse angry, he would stay like that till a nanny comes to clean him up.
As at then I loved to play in the rain but Mum will never give me the opportunity to do this she would never let us out when it was raining just like the other children cry I would sit in the sitting room looking outside the window seeing other children bathing naked in the rain, God i loved this so much but no mum won't let me out, the only time she granted our wish she said we had to take our soap and sponge with us we stood in front of the house and took our bath outside the house it wasn't different from taking my bath in the shower cry but at least I was outside cheesy jeez I gotta go my food is on fire wink
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 10:12am On Mar 31, 2011
i'm back , so that was the only time I came out in the rain cry  S omepeople see it as something local but i think its something cool cool so if you had the opportunity to play out in the rain you're lucky cos I didn't.
         Dad had bought a land for our new building , it was quite a stone throw from where we lived but it didn't matter, mum planted corn, plantain, groundnut, okra, cassava, sugar cane and banana on one part of the land and the other half dad used to lay our building cheesy. Once in a while we would go there to harvest either of the crops and it was fun cheesy, this new development gave happiness to the home and more still my mum was pregnant and that meant another sibling cheesy I was so happy I hardly could wait for my mum to bring out my sibling from her tommy grin.
        I was admitted to a new shool in primary 1 the school was also close to our home, it had just been established so pupils were not much, I had few classmates at least I was better, my younger sister had just  herself, onother girl and the proprietress' son grin grin grin grin they were just three. I  dont know why but I always came 4th in class cry cry but my parents would encourage me. My older brother came first in his class likewise my sister. yes I know what you are thinking that I was dull angry well no I wasn't  tongue cheesy 
       Time ran like wild fire and soon my mum had given birth and yep it was a girl she was the cutest little baby I had seen as at then , I loved her so much but I couldn't do much for her sad Her coming was a blessing my dad had also finished our building cheesy we had to our new house. I was very happy my happiness knew no bounds , I could have sworn I was the happiest little girl in the world.  We had moved in to our new house and everything was going on well just the way it was supposed to be.We went to school as usual and dad had also gone back to his place of work.  He had gone without paying our fees. The proprietress was always disturbing us for our fees and mum had told her dad wasn't around and as soon as he comes he would pay the fees, but this woman did not understand English or maybe it was my mum who was speaking French grin grin we had always paid fees on time except this once and this woman wanted to chew us raw without boiling grin. On one occassion she sent her son to  our place to take the schoolfees grin my mum was very astonished shocked shocked shocked. When my dad returned and was told about it, he was angry because we were always the first to pay our fees and he expected her to have reasoned with us. He immediately withdrew us from the school and we were admitted into a better school and she was dead jealous till this day undecided
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Emmyk(m): 11:09am On Apr 01, 2011
Cant wait
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by jamace(m): 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2011
Nice story, gurl. Keep it coming. cool
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Mobsync(m): 7:24pm On Apr 02, 2011
Dis is cool,cant wait 4 more~jumps up in excitement.
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Emmyk(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2011
Is that game over ?
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 9:13pm On Apr 03, 2011
Emmyk:

Cant wait
but you will lolz cheesy
jamace:

Nice story, gurl. Keep it coming. cool
thanks a bunch i'm glad you like it kiss
Mobsync:

Dis is cool,cant wait 4 more~jumps up in excitement.

lolz don't jump inside gutter o grin
Emmyk:

Is that game over ?

what game??
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
Sorry for the delay you all I have been busy with Jega cheesy I loved my new school so much the teachers were friendly and I related well with them Dad bought a new car too, I dont remember seeing his first car but i know it was dason blue bird grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Jesus please forgive me oh I know some of your parents rode that car and they flexed with it grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. His new car was a Mecedes. The new school was also close to our house , it wasn't more than a 3 mins walk but nope we woulndn't go to school on foot if our dad was around , he just had to drop us at school cheesy I loved this very much, so I didn't mind going late to school as far I was going to school in a private car, we would wait for our dad to get ready even when we were done preparing for school, my mum was pissed she didn't understand why we had to wait for our dad when we could just walk to school, she didn't understand the joy we derived from it.
When ever we returned from school mum would wash our uniforms and bath us cheesy yep my mum was still bathing me in primary two lipsrsealed shw would prepare meal for us and sometimes I would dictate what I want to eat and yep she would prepare it. I didn't like garri so much even till this day , I would prefer drinking tea to eating garri whenever she prepared it. I hardly met my parents for help on assignments I don't know how but some how, most times I was able to do my assignments myself, maybe because I already knew how to read perfectly undecided I remember the few times I took my assignment to my dad, I always managed to escape beating grin Like men if my popsi teach you na die. You have to get your brain working or else you will recieve loads of slap I guess that was how my brother became intelligent grin I remember how he used to drill my brother when he was teaching him his homework, as at that time when you ask my brother to identify an alphabect he would have to read from A again grin grin grin grin grin grin please forgive me brogrin grin I remember there was a day when he was teaching my brother, he had asked him if he understood, my brother said YES he then asked him to explain, my bro couldn't say anything grin grin grin the next thing was a big slap on his cheek cry cry the slap was soo hard that my mum started sheeding tears , so you can imagine how the slap was, his gums were bleeding and now today he has serious problems with his gum cry cry cry cry cry cry all because of teaching.
As a child I was very hard working or so I think wink cos my mum virtually did everything grin well i loved to do house chores but now that i'm old enough to do it I don't want to lipsrsealed my Dad had once bought me a pink shoe because of my hard work but my mum told him to return it because it had heals and as at then I couldn't walk with heals cry cry I was always wearing flat shoes but now the opposite is the case cheesy He returned the shoe only to give me #500 anyway mum bought a red dress for me with the money and it was one of my favourite clothes. There was a day I swept and arranged the house neatly my Dad gave me #20 lolz as a sign of appreciation, I didn't know what to but with this I went to a provision store close by and was looking at everything my little eyes could see and voila I had seen something attractive it was INDOMIE cheesy I immediately took it and asked the seller what it was, she said it was indomie noddles and it was just like spagetti, That was when indomie just came into circulation so I didn't know what it was. I asked for the price and she said it was #20 cheesy I couldn't have been happier, I bought it and gave it to my mum to prepare it and I just couldn't wait to taste it. My mum was also seeing it for the first time, she unrapped it and dipped it in boiling water my brother saw the spice which was well packaged and told my mum to open it that we will win something grin grin grin embarassed oh ignorance is one of the worse things that can happen to a man grin grin grin my mum on the other hand said we should throw it away grin grin embarassed then she looked at it and saw seasoning written on it, I guess she didn't see that before undecided , finally she was done preparing it, she mixed it with stew and boy when I tasted it I was sure in another planet. It was delicious but now I had to share it with my siblings who were already salivating sad anyway it didn't bother me much cos i knew I would tell my dad about it and he would surely but the full carton . We said so many things like we could finish a drum of Indomie grin grin grin yeah right , it was fun.
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Dolemite(f): 4:18am On Apr 04, 2011
LMAO. . . hilarious to say the least. Never thought I'd see you here. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Emmyk(m): 8:04am On Apr 04, 2011
Nat. Life is a game.
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Mobsync(m): 9:25pm On Apr 04, 2011
**whistling***
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by snthesis(m): 11:20am On Apr 05, 2011
not bad- very original smiley
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:11pm On Apr 11, 2011
Kip it coming natasha
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Emmyk(m): 7:52am On Apr 12, 2011
You have a role model called Natasha?
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
Whaoo! It what to be published. I enjoy the story. I cant wait to read more.
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 6:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
Emmyk:

Nat. Life is a game.
realy? well that's not my own philosophy about life I think life is a journey
snthesis:

not bad- very original smiley

thanks baby kiss
ULSHERLAN:

Kip it coming natasha
i'll tomorrow promise
Emmyk:

You have a role model called Natasha?

nope its still moi me and I alone in fact I don't have a role model
usuf.saeed:

Whaoo! It what to be published. I enjoy the story. I cant wait to read more.

really that's great i'm glad you love it that much and it makes me happier that you actually think its worth's being published kiss kiss kiss
I promise to tell more tomorrow
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by akunta(f): 2:24pm On Apr 14, 2011
very original yet hilarious. grin grin grin
pls kip it commin,
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by macjive01: 1:02am On Apr 15, 2011
Dolemite:

LMAO. . . hilarious to say the least. Never thought I'd see you here.  grin grin grin grin grin

hiya,  is that u in your profile photo?
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Nobody: 1:03am On Apr 15, 2011
armpit?

oh well.
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by dominique(f): 3:23pm On Apr 19, 2011
the story bringing back fomd childhood memories. . . keep it coming gurl wink
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2011
akunta:

very original yet hilarious. grin grin grin
pls kip it commin,

thank you
kiss
dominique:

the story bringing back fomd childhood memories. . . keep it coming gurl wink
yes i will kiss
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2011
Sorry for taking so long to write more I have been busy lately doing unimportant and important stuffs  wink
So that was my first encounter with indomie and surely I enjoyed it lots of other times. I remember there were times when mum would pay our school fees when she had the chance to then Dad would be so happy and astonished my parents always won the first parents to pay school fees award  grin grin grin grin lolz which kain award be this . Even as I was growing at my age I had so much love for professionalism as at then my dream was to work in a bank  undecided I would always join the schools debate club,I was never interested in stuffs like dancing (cultural dance) or acting that wasn't just me. I can still recall when it was time for the end of academic session party most of the girls in my class or even the school would run to the dance section to shake their small bottom or the acting section anyway my area of interest was in the debate club I loved it so much no doubt it was just wonderful. At last in primary three my dream to debate in a crowd of guest came true  cheesy I was in the debate club as usual and we were giving a topic which was ''Teachers are more important than farmers''  grin grin I was on the opposing side we were asked to get points to back our  various believes I took it to my dad and he wrote down several points for me, every single time I was free I would practice my points I practised in the room, kitchen, bathroom, restroom  where the heck did I not practice? I had practised so much so that my mum had some lines stuck up in her head  grin so you can imagine, I had made my presentation in the debate club and my teachers were stunned at my performance i was immediately chosen to be the third speaker and I was very happy. I was bold while speaking and the last thing on my mind was fear I was enjoying every bit of it  cheesy. My parents were so proud of me.
     When it was time for holiday we never went for holiday classes , I t was a time for rest as a matter of fact I never attended any holiday class until I finished high school. What was the point anyway after all I performed better than those who attended the class, Home was fun and annoying having wicked siblings around  angry cheesy getting my mind off books although I read novels but sure didn't read my books  cheesy in fact I never read my books in primary school except in primary five I would prefer reading a novel than my book I'm so happy at the rate my younger ones are committed to their books and still have time for novels its just amazing , then my mum would always say '' You never read your books, is your brain computer? it baffles me how you get good grades""  grin grin grin anyway I wasn't cheating if that's what you think all I had to do was be attentive in class and I was okay with my 4th position
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Natasha2(f): 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2011
We always bought food stuff in bulk everytime I went into the kitchen I would see the cartoon of that useless canned geisha and of course sweet sardine  cheesy  sometimes we would take one can of sardine each at my age I did not have a problem of finishing it coupled with egg , bread and tea  grin trust me na glutton  wink but I hate geisha with passion like dammit that fish isn't tasty it smell drives me away I hated it when mum cooked with canned geisha fish the food wasn't tasty for me i would force my self to eat the geisha I did not want to tell her I didn't like it whenever she cooked with it to me it was like suffer like eating a rotten rat * as if i have eaten rat before I hated it so much I don't like fish in general let alone that silly canned geisha up to this day I hate it and now that i'm grown I finally told mum i didn't like it so whenever she wants to put it in a meal she would take out mine before she puts it and most times when she cooks with fish I don't eat the fish  sad
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by Mobsync(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2011
Good, keep it up cool
Re: Natasha: ''A Girl Like Me'' by OAM4J: 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2011
Interesting!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get A Book Cover For Free Today While You Still Can. / The Last Wolf Series - Broken Vengeance / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.