Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,962 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:24 AM

Kidnapped Businessman Regains Freedom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kidnapped Businessman Regains Freedom (1731 Views)

Germany-based Businessman Shot Dead In Lagos (Pictured) / Gunmen Kill Nigerian Businessman In South Africa / Businessman Murdered In Lagos For Refusing To 'Settle' Area Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kidnapped Businessman Regains Freedom by Reference(m): 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2011
'Abducted Osogbo-based beer merchant, Alhaji Raifu Olaiya has been released six days after a four-member gang kidnapped him at Oando filling station, Osogbo. Speaking with our correspondent on Sunday, Olaiya, who was full of thanks to God, described his abductors as "victims of the failed Nigerian state".

The largest beer merchant in Osun state was abducted at the filling station, where he had gone to see some friends last Sunday. Olaiya, who did not disclose how much he had paid to regain his freedom, said his abductors treated him nicely, buying a toothbrush and bottled water for him.

He said he was blindfolded after he was abducted and taken on a four-hour journey, adding that the vehicle was not stopped at police checkpoints. Olaiya revealed that he was dumped at 6pm, where he trekked for five hours before he got to Inisha-Osogbo highway.

He said, "All the duration of time I was with them, I was praying that I don't get killed. I was also praying that the police do not try to rescue me forcefully and thereby endangering my life. After dumping me, they were calling me to be sure that I got home safely. They even said they would have loved to be part of the thanksgiving service."' grin grin grin

- Courtesy 'The Punch' newspapers, Pg 10, Monday, March 28th, 2011

I tell you this made my day. I hope all the cops at the check points would be invited too.
Re: Kidnapped Businessman Regains Freedom by snowdrops(m): 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2011
so kidnapping don finally begin establish itself for west
Re: Kidnapped Businessman Regains Freedom by Afanna1: 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2011
na wa!

(1) (Reply)

Domestic Staff Killed Futa's Former VC, Prof Albert Ilemobade-police / Photos: See how Thieves Extract pin numbers from ATM with card skimmers.... / Woman Catches Family Pastor Raping Her Daughter In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.