Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,889 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

I Love America! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Love America! (2045 Views)

AirAsiaQZ8501:flight Attendant Final Heartbreaking Note:i Love You From 38,000ft / I Love Nigeria...I Am Proud To Be called A Nigerian BUT....... / Why Do You Love America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love America! by Constantin: 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2007
Re: I Love America! by Constantin: 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2007

I amassed tons of pics of beautiful USA!!!! Pics the media never ever shows when they talk about America but pics one see ALWAYS when the name Africa falls
Re: I Love America! by Vicjustice: 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2007
Perhaps these photos were of the Hurricanes aftermatch. These kids are obviously not hungry (they look well fed, well dressed (and they have shoes on), they're not suffering from kwashiorkor due to malnutrition, they're just playful kids excited at the demolition site. The USA is bigger than the whole of west Africa, so, what do you expect? Should everywhere be glittering like gold and diamonds, or you expect sky-scrapers at every conner? Respect America
Re: I Love America! by drkchoclit(f): 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2007
I see both sides of this topic.

First it must be very frustrating to only see images of extreme poverty of Africa. Yes, it's true, American press hides the images of American poverty.

Let me just say the first set of pictures look like they are from cira the late 1960s or 1970s. At that time in America, there were a lot of expose stories on "the ghettos", and the life of the African Americans (at that time called Negros or Afro-Americans). There was a big push for government programs to acknowledge African Americans as humans first of all, and second, to help them.

Now, yes there is still poverty and blight in America, but you won't see those pictures anymore, because we already know how bad things are, and Americans want to ignore that. Americans want to be entertained, and the news corporations want Americans to tune in to their shows, or read their papers, so they print or broadcast that which will "sell".

Now personally, I love when I see rich, pretty pics of Africa because I need to see this! The western press always post pics and stories like "Look at those poor starving Africans". And we feel so sorry for Africans. But no one is telling the stories of the beauty and pride of Africa.

Please keep sharing those pics and stories, otherwise, we'll never know the truth. And speaking of the truth, yes there is wealth and poverty on both continents.
Re: I Love America! by dafman(m): 3:33pm On Jul 04, 2007
I don't know what you're trying to prove, in America if you take a camera and turn 360 degrees snapping as you turn I'm sure 350 degrees would be pleasant views, the remaining ten degrees is what you have here, if you do the same thing in Africa you'll be pretty depressed.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! How Much Is The Ticket To Dublin / White Nigerian Stopped At Paris Airport / Usa Flight Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.