Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) (10565 Views)

Logo Design Mistakes Graphic-Artists Make / 2d/3d Art Gallery / Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2008
I just sent it to your email addie.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by Gamine(f): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2008
ok
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2008
U could just send an sms
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2008
Hello Guys,

I think it's time to push for another meeting of Abuja 'creatives'. Again, I have no problem hosting it in my office. I suggest a Friday afternoon like we did the last time. So I propose the 17th of this month at 2:00 pm. At the moment, the meetings are in the form of a meet and greet and exchange of ideas. But that is where things start. I'll also look into the possibility of screening some 3D animation shorts. If I can arrange anything else, I'll keep you updated.

So all those interested just reply with a 'yes' to keep things simple. Also, if you feel a Saturday might be better due to work commitments, then mention it so I can arrange it.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 7:41pm On Oct 06, 2008
So much field work for me these days that I'm not too sure which days I'll be in town.

Can we make it on a Saturday?

Maybe this coming Saturday.

I think I will be in town till then but I cant be sure about next weekend.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by Gamine(f): 3:44am On Oct 07, 2008
cool
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2008
No problem Wham. I am quite flexible for the coming 2-3 weeks. I will need you to confirm which Saturday you will be able to attend this month. It would be good to have some people who came to the first meeting besides me attend this one.

If you can both do this Saturday then confirm. Opening the office of Saturday involves getting staff to come in so that is why I need definite confirmations. Otherwise we schedule for the 18th or 25th.

So let me know the dates suitable.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2008
This coming Saturday (Oct 11th) is fine by me.

How about you Gamine?

@all
What time is good?

. . . Suggestions please!
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by xothermik(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2008
yes

email is "sagircarp@yahoo.com"
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 8:36am On Oct 08, 2008
Ok, I'll confirm by close of business today that the office will be opened up as there is a process involved. As for time, I am less flexible due to other commitments. The bracket of time I will have will be between 10 am-3pm. So the meeting will have to take place during that time.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2008
Btw 10am -3pm is fine by me.

I just hope nothing comes up at work for weekend.

And if we dont get your office for that day we could rearrange the venue for a free place like a park.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
I've booked the office for 10:30-2:00. I think it is better to meet there first of all as it easier to show work, discuss and keep focused. After that, people can head to a more free environment like Wham suggested.

Everyone bring as much portfolio work as you can. It doesn't have to be commercial work. It just helps everyone get a grasp on what you do. Everyone from flash users through to 3D animators are welcome.

My office address is:
Chase Executive
2nd Fl, Oakland Centre
Plot 2940 Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Maitama
Abuja, Nigeria

It is the entrance with the blue door. When you get there just ask for Adamu Waziri or E-Black Visuals. Please be prompt and I hope to see you this Saturday.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2008
That's okay by me.

See you on Saturday.
I'm hoping Gamine will be there too. I have also invited a couple of other guys.

@AdamuW
What about speedyultimate?
I hope he is going to be at the meeting.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 8:07am On Oct 09, 2008
Good to know you are coming with people. I'll tell Speedy about it. Xothermilk you are also welcome.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 2:37pm On Oct 10, 2008
I hope everyone has a sample of his/her rough sketches, works, etc to bring along
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by damseremie(m): 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2008
pity am still in ph. would have loved 2 meet gamine and the rest of the guys but i guess that will b a little later.
i really need 2 make sure am done with all school clearance issues here b4 moving back 2 abj finally. have a nice meeting guys
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by ajayi1(m): 10:16am On Oct 13, 2008
Just got this Massage, Sorry i may not be there. Got somethings in Lagos.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 10:41am On Oct 13, 2008
Well we had the second meeting last Saturday. It was a very successful one and I hope it will be the start of something more concrete.

At the first meeting we had 4 people. At this one we had about 15 and more would have come if it wasn't for the short notice. I had to book the larger meeting room in my office to accomodate all of us which was great. We had 3D/2D animators, web designers/developers, graphic designers and even film producers and script writers. We all showed examples of work. So the script writers read out their stories whilst others showed sketches, showreels etc.

The meeting confirmed a few things. We have the talent and people with passion and are willing to go the extra mile to push things forward. But on the other side there are issues we all face regarding client education and invoice payment, intellectual property, how the industry is viewed, marketing etc.

We hope to make the meeting a monthly event. So keep an eye on the thread if you would be interested in the next one. I think someone took some pictures of the meeting so I'll post those up when I get them.

Thanks to those who came. You know who you are. It's easy to start something. If we are still having the meeting a year from now or it has evolved into something else even bigger then we have really achieved something.

All the best
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 10:09am On Oct 16, 2008
As promised here are the pictures from the Abuja meeting.

Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by xothermik(m): 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2008
nice. almost regret havin a change in plans at the last moment. but cud u enlighten us as to what positive results the meetin has yeilded. i mean apart from just expressing their mutual passion for animations and stuff. what is loomin on the horrizon.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by justbones(m): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2008
sorry guys couldn't be there but the pics look encouraging
AdamuW nice work with the setting upp and stuff
Gamine long time

just stole bandwidth to send this message. still in school

Laters
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2008
Nice work with the pictures

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=28079474098

Thats the forum (The facebook version)

@justbones
We'll be in touch with U. For now you can keep up with the communication online
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 6:27pm On Oct 16, 2008
@Xothermilk

It already went beyond expressing mutual love of the various creative fields. Issues to do with, skill levels, possible working relationships, dealing with clients regarding fees and intellectual property were also touched on.

My opinion is that this has to be a slow steady focused effort. Trying to rush it and expect too much from it might actually kill it before it gets going. For example, to expect a 10 minute animated movie to come out of the forum in the next 3 months is unrealistic. The next meeting is going to be about actually nailing down what the forum should focus on related to business and creative issues so we don't loose track. Once that is set then we'll see how things progress.

That's more or less what I'll say on the subject. I could go on talking about it, but as they say talk is cheap. I am happy things have progressed this far. But as i said before, let's see if this is still going on in the next year or so.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by ajayi1(m): 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2008
Well, I saw the pics, it's good. But there is one thing you guys need to understand. The thing is that you need "Resources to make the job done". Thanks
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 11:09am On Oct 17, 2008
@Ajayi1
You needed to have been at the meeting to have known all the issues we discussed concerning "making a job done".

Human and intellectual resources are top on priority and thats what we are trying to pool together at this initial stage.

That's what it takes before the issue of the other resources come in. They surely will.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by kunle2fast(m): 9:11am On Oct 29, 2008
kunle2fast@yahoo.com
4rm Lagos i like that idea
that good men,
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by maxani: 6:17am On Oct 30, 2008
@ Lafem,
hey Lafem that's some really good stuff you posted. It's good to see someone show passion, commitment and good knowledge of the industry. Keep it up. What do you use for your post-production? , NOw there's a big issue here, I coudn't believe my eyes when you mentioned the title of one of the animation shorts! it shares an unbelieveable similarity with one of my animated shorts !! Imagine, I thought It was unique to my work!, Well,, Pls, drop me a line on jonnitax@yahoo.com maybe we can tidy things up off a public forum.

@ y'all
I wish I could hang out with you guys but I don't live in Abuja. But this is really inspiring, so keep it tight!

MAYBE WE COULD ALL HAVE A NATIONAL EXIBITION SOON, SO KEEP WORKING ON THOSE DEMO REELS!
(Wham, good work!)
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by GENCEN(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2008
I just few month old in the 3d modeling, animaiton and compositing and basicaly i work with maya and after effects
i don't know how possible it is for me to meet with good modelers and animators in abuja mainly because i am based in kubwa
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2008
@House
Hello Guys,
It's about time we start planning a date for the next meeting (November).

Any suggestions?
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by wham(m): 11:01am On Nov 03, 2008
@GENCEN

Feel free to join us in our next meeting. It doesnt matter where u reside.

U can drop me a line on whamatix@yahoo.com.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by AdamuW: 11:30am On Nov 04, 2008
Saturday 29th of November or Sat 6th of December.

I think it would be good(and more realistic ) to have one more meeting before year's end as people's minds start thinking towards seasonal travels/holidays etc.
Re: Attention: Abuja Animators/graphic Artists (2d & 3d) by zPixel(m): 12:13pm On Nov 04, 2008
Wat about those of us in lagos. its nt fair o angry

i could only recognize two ppl in the picture. Gamine and Micheal. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My New Strokes: Sober Reflection On Beautiful Nigeria @100 + More Art Works / Artworks I Made With My Android Phone / 7 Killer Tips For Logo Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.