Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Political Debate On Itv Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Debate On Itv Benin (1188 Views)

1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / NL Monthly Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Political Debate On Itv Benin by iluvnaija: 11:47pm On Mar 28, 2011
I watched political debate on ITV benin this evening, I was really sad the way it was being arrainged. It was poor and boring because the real questions i want to hear were not asked, the whole arraingement looked even lower like secondary school debate, NTA conducted vice presidential debate earlier and it was arrainged well. On Itv benin, the candidates where given seat to sit and they were rolling on it as if they are in their livingrooms, Intead of giving candidates at least 3 minutes to answer a question and 2 minutes for the other candidates to shear their answers so that there will be time to address many issues, it was 10 minutes of boring answer each and ITVbenin as the orginizer never asked any question but allowing people not only to ask question i am not going against asking question, but commending candidates wasting viewers precious time. It have been better if question sent are screened so that relevant questions are asked and one question goes to all candidates.

Let me explain what I think a debate should look like.
Candidates should stand with podium in front, there should be light to indicate when to stop not telling candidate to "stop stop stop your time is up", A question to one is a question to all, and time given to candidates is too long and becomes boring.

My peace of advise to them (ITV) is that they should go and watch past debate especially american or brits, so that they'll get it right when next they are organizing a debate.

Please share your thoughts
(Ways for them to improves because they really need to improve.)

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Namadi Sambo? Is He Not The Vp Again? Gej Visited Militant Camp As Vp / Armed Robbers Kill Eight In Bullion Van Attack / Just Got This On My Bb What Will Nigerians Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.