Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:32 AM

Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon (4559 Views)

Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Throwback Photo Of Buhari Shared By Dele Momodu / Bashorun Jide Omokore Acquires $500k Rolls Royce For Porsha Williams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by fstranger3(m): 12:33am On Mar 29, 2011
Exclusion Of Bashorun Dele Momodu In The Presidential Debate Scheduled To Hold March 29, 2011
Posted: March 28, 2011 - 21:26
By Femi Falana
We are Solicitors to Bashorun Dele Momodu (hereinafter referred to as “our client”) on whose instructions we write.

Our client’s instructions are summarized as follows:

1. Our client is the Presidential candidate of the National Conscience Party (NCP), a registered political party in Nigeria.

2. By your letter dated March 7, 2011 our client was invited to take part in the presidential debate scheduled to hold at Abuja on Tuesday, March 29, 2011. He promptly wrote to accept your invitation.

3. However, without any legal justification whatsoever you have excluded our client from the debate and thereby caused him untold embarrassment and denied him the opportunity to take advantage of the programme to sell his programmes to the electorate.

4. By the unlawful exclusion of our client from the Presidential Debate you have recklessly violated section 100 of the Electoral Act which states as follows:

“1. A candidate and his party shall campaign for the elections in accordance with such rules and regulation as may be determined by the Commission.

2. State apparatus including the media shall not be employed to the advantage or disadvantage of any political party or candidate at any election.

3. Media time shall be allocated equally among the political parties or candidates at similar hours of the day.

4. At any public, electronic media, equal airtime shall be allotted to all political parties or candidates during prime times at similar house each day, subject to the payment of appropriate fees.

5. At any public print media, equal coverage and conspicuity shall be allotted to all political parties”

5. The illegal exclusion is also a violation of the fundamental right of our client to freedom from discrimination on political ground guaranteed by Section 42 of the Constitution and Article 2 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights.

In the light of the foregoing we have our client’s firm instructions to sue you at the Federal High Court to claim substantial damages for violating his fundamental right to freedom from discrimination and initiate criminal proceedings against you pursuant to pursuant to Section 100(6) of the Electoral Act which provides as follows:

“ A public media that contravenes subsections (3) and (4) of this section commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a maximum fine of N500,000 in the first instance and to a maximum fine of N1,000,000 for subsequent conviction”.

Yours sincerely,

FEMI FALANA

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/exclusion-bashorun-dele-momodu-presidential-debate-scheduled-hold-march-29-2011
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by playmode(m): 12:53am On Mar 29, 2011
Did you guys really think that that goat ,jonathan can face Dele Momodu? Common people are you that stupid? This election is a farce and a waste of time.Jonathan will win the election by rigging.What we should be asking ourselves right now is : what happens after the elections are over?How do we deal with the menace known as the PDP and crush them for good?It took a bunch of teenage kids to topple the whole of Liberia , just saying? We are postponing the inevitable,it will get to that stage one day.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 29, 2011
I beg make we hear word, who is Dele. He doesn't even know his left from his right
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by playmode(m): 8:28am On Mar 29, 2011
blink182:

I beg make we hear word, who is Dele. He doesn't even know his left from his right

He may not be the best candidate but Jonathan is scared of him.That says a lot about the incumbent "corruption in chief" of the armed forces.I bet Jonathan will be scared to face my housemaid in a debate as well.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 29, 2011
playmode:

He may not be the best candidate but Jonathan is scared of him.That says a lot about the incumbent "corruption in chief" of the armed forces.I bet Jonathan will be scared to face my housemaid in a debate as well.
Did Jonathan tell you this in person? undecided
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Lagosboy: 8:59am On Mar 29, 2011
Jonny no fit face even a secondary school student in a debate o.

Jonny go debate with himself on the BON debate o , i go laugh tire
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Musiwa13: 10:03am On Mar 29, 2011
i watch the debate of nuhu, shekara and dele momodu, dele momodu was better than them. nuhu and shakera have no clue to help nigerian.

they are only scared of dele momodu. this is the reason. but i feel , bon should not hold the debate because it look bias too. while not allow cnn /aljazeera combine to hold it.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Lopezdee1: 10:27am On Mar 29, 2011
blink182:

This is not about Dele - whoever or whatever he is doesn't matter. The crux of the matter is that every aspirant should be given a level playing field; as such no one should be excluded, from a debate no matter how hopeless their ambition might be. I'm not a fan of Dele and can never vote for him, but the act of denying him the platform to present himself to the electorate should be condemned by every right thinking person. No wonder Nigeria is where it is today because we've condone so much nonsense in the past. May God help us.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Pharoh: 11:13am On Mar 29, 2011
Lopezdee1:

This is not about Dele - whoever or whatever he is doesn't matter. The crux of the matter is that every aspirant should be given a level playing field; as such no one should be excluded, from a debate no matter how hopeless their ambition might be. I'm not a fan of Dele and can never vote for him, but the act of denying him the platform to present himself to the electorate should be condemned by every right thinking person. No wonder Nigeria is where it is today because we've condone so much nonsense in the past. May God help us.

And where were you when some candidates were excluded from the NN24 and whataboutus debates? undecided
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Ibime(m): 11:30am On Mar 29, 2011
He refused to attend NN24 debate.

Then he got BON to bar those who wanted to attend BON debate.

This is an outrage.

After some nincompoops will tell us BON cannot be partial.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Lopezdee1: 11:45am On Mar 29, 2011
Pharoh:

And where were you when some candidates were excluded from the NN24 and whataboutus debates?  undecided

The fact that I was not on NL jumping up and down when they were excluded does not not mean I'm in support of such act. I only responded to the person that asked "who is Dele" as I believe the issue being discussed is not about Dele but the repugnancy of the act and should be condemned. If thesame question had come up regarding NN4 debate, my response will still be thesame. I don't see the logic in your question of where I was when NN24 excluded other in their debate, did I mentioned I have done anything about this one apart from dropping my 1 kobo's worth on NL? and if you still want to know where I was , well I was in my house minding my business. grin grin grin grin
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Pharoh: 12:03pm On Mar 29, 2011
Lopezdee1:

The fact that I was not on NL jumping up and down when they were excluded does not not mean I'm in support of such act. I only responded to the person that asked "who is Dele" as I believe the issue being discussed is not about Dele but the repugnancy of the act and should be condemned. If thesame question had come up regarding NN4 debate, my response will still be thesame. I don't see the logic in your question of where I was when NN24 excluded other in their debate, did I mentioned I have done anything about this one apart from dropping my 1 kobo's worth on NL? and if you still want to know where I was , well I was in my house minding my business.

I was not asking where you were as from the physical location perspective and thanks for explaining your point of view. The argument then was that NN24 can invite who ever they wished to and their criteria was that it was only the top four candidates. The whataboutus debate also invited the top six candidate of which shekarau was not among but at the end of the day i was surprised to find him there.

See my point is there has not been a perfect method of selecting candidates for these debates so whatever BON does should just be left like that because the earlier organizers were also guilty of the same crime of excluding some candidates. Not that i am in support of candidates being excluded but i cringe this days when i feel people just want to condemn anything that has to do with PDP, BON or the government. That's the reason i have been asking that, what was the position of those condemning this act as it is not a new thing and can the provide evidence if they condemned the other debate organizers.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by zeeleso(f): 12:10pm On Mar 29, 2011
Lopezdee1:

I think a more pressing issue is the illegal and IMO unprovoked withdrawal of the invitation. What reason do they have for cancelling the invitation?
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by naso2(m): 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
Ibime:

He refused to attend NN24 debate.

Then he got BON to bar those who wanted to attend BON debate.

This is an outrage.

After some nincompoops will tell us BON cannot be partial.

So GEJ asked shekarau,BUhari and ribadu to pull out too? oh its no longer a case of BON giving him the question before hand abi?
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Lopezdee1: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
Pharoh:

I was not asking where you were as from the physical location perspective and thanks for explaining your point of view. The argument then was that NN24 can invite who ever they wished to and their criteria was that it was only the top four candidates. The whataboutus debate also invited the top six candidate  of which shekarau was not among but at the end of the day i was surprised to find him there.

See my point is there has not been a perfect method of selecting candidates for these debates so whatever BON does should just be left like that because the earlier organizers were also guilty of the same crime of excluding some candidates. Not that i am in support of candidates being excluded but i cringe this days when i feel people just want to condemn anything that has to do with PDP, BON or the government. That's the reason i have been asking that, what was the position of those condemning this act as it is not a new thing and can the provide evidence if they condemned the other debate organizers.

I was only joking about the last part regarding physical location. Thank you for clarifying your point in a civil manner (which is not common on NL these days). I think we are in thesame position concerning this issue. I only hope Nigerians can see beyond the showmanship at these debates to what each ccandidate has got to offer.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by rasputinn(m): 12:17pm On Mar 29, 2011
grin grin grin grin
That's it,me too,I'm gonna sue INEC for not including my name in the list of presidential aspirants
Ah ah,Bob Dee,is it by force.All these craze for attention sha undecided undecided
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Beaf: 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
Abeg, mek pesin hia word jare! How many campaign rallies did he hold? The man just wants to be there on TV as a "presidential candidate," wasting both his time, ours and that of the genuine contestants.

It was a mistake to have sent him an invitation, but the fact that it was very rightfully withdrawn is one hell of a boost to the seriousness of the BON debate. Even Chris Okotie was busy making noise in Warri yesterday, because his IV was withdrawn as well. Can you imagine? shocked

In the US debates, I don't recall any of the various independent clowns, making it to their presidential debate, it was strictly Obama vs McKain.

Every clown wants to debate, yesterday United National Party for Development (UNDP), Alhaji Galadima samari actually needed an interpreter to translate from Hausa. Someone should simply have set dogs on him instead!!! grin grin
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by naso2(m): 1:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
Ibime:

Does what you have typed here make any sense? Bloody psychophant.

I was waiting for you on the other thread to tell us GEJ's achievements in Bayelsa but you ran away.

Story ,story. You think you are sooooooo smart. grin grin You asked a question in a piece you padded with too many lies and it was very clear that you were bent on mischief making and not necessarily to seek information.

I asked you some simple questions too as a condition for answering your question. I will repeat them and expect that you answer this time around, or you want us to return to the other thread?

1. How much did GEJ meet in the ECA. remember you posted that GEJ has wasted $30bln
2. how come your calculation of buhari's tenure as ptf czar comes to 2 years(1994-1998). Abeg teach me your kind of arithmetic.
3. What are your realistic expectations from a president in 1 year.

No dey cos me , just make your point . hope say u know say i fit be bros to u? cool cool
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by bigfat05: 1:32pm On Mar 29, 2011
o dear
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 29, 2011
@Lagosboy,i dnt know why you always bash politician,but you come on Islam section and start claiming to be righteous.
Only God knows his people sha.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by ayusman16(m): 2:12pm On Mar 29, 2011
Who will do the rigging? Definately not GEJ. As only you and I can allow ourselves to be used. We all can say no to rigging if we just vote once and shun all temptations.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Ibime(m): 2:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
Mr Man,

All your questions are at cross purposes to the question of what GEJ did in Bayelsa. In Mathematics, we define your questions as being mutually exclusive to my original question.

Like I said to you, PTF first budget was approved in Jan 2006, meaning everything Buhari accomplished with PTF was from 2006 to 2008.

Secondly, my expectations of a President in one year has nothing to do with what he DID as Governor.

I am not opportuned to access the internet at my own leisure presently so your first question I will answer later, however any sane mind should be struggling at this stage to understand the correlation between GEJ's use of the ECA account to his performance as Bayelsa Governor.

Whether or the answers I give are to your satisfaction or not, it does not change the history of what GEJ did in Bayelsa.

So for the final time, please tell us what GEJ did as Governor of Bayelsa state!
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by fxtopedia(m): 2:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
Lopezdee1:

Good talk jare! that shows there is FOUL play somewhere!
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by agabaI23(m): 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2011
uplawal:

@Lagosboy,i dnt know why you always bash politician,but you come on Islam section and start claiming to be righteous.
Only God knows his people sha.
grin grin grin
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by ideylaff: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
God will indict them one by one,

Anyone about to debar our progress at this stage will fall by the way side Amen
LORD its obvious that the devil is at work via PDP, so glaring, all the spanners are bn thrown at the works to keep dem in Power

I reject it in Jesus name. Amen

Anyone capable of doing zilch 4 d people in 12 years will remain doing zilch in 100 years,

Nu-ff is enough with these bunch of desperado's, hanging/clinging on to power at all costs angry
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2011
Yeah,av seen some of his posts on political section and they are quite offensive as a muslim,always being sarcastic in his writtings,infact.
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by fxtopedia(m): 2:39pm On Mar 29, 2011
ideylaff:

God will indict them one by one,

Anyone about to debar our progress at this stage will fall by the way side Amen
LORD its obvious that the devil is at work via PDP, so glaring, all the spanners are bn thrown at the works to keep dem in Power

I reject it in Jesus name. Amen

Anyone capable of doing zilch 4 d people in 12 years will remain doing zilch in 100 years,

Nu-ff is enough with these bunch of desperado's, hanging/clinging on to power at all costs angry

AMEN AMEN AMEN,  May those planning to affect this nation nation NOT have peace!!!
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by saviola24: 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2011
Who is dele Momodu
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by saviola24: 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2011
Who is Dele Momodu shocked
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by agabaI23(m): 2:43pm On Mar 29, 2011
uplawal:

Yeah,av seen some of his posts on political section and they are quite offensive as a muslim,always being sarcastic in his writtings,infact.
Well he has the right to exercise his urge religion not withstanding. That's why he is a human being and not God
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by Homonide: 2:46pm On Mar 29, 2011
As much as i think Mr momodu doesn't stand any chance in the forthcoming presidential elections, he is right to sue bon and even nedg for preventing him from reaching out to nigerians,moreso when he was invited and he wrote to accept the invitation.i wonder what the organisers stand to achieve by making sure that the 'debate' suddenly becomes 'an interview of pdp presidential flagbearer.'
Re: Bashorun Dele Momodu Sues Bon by mithel(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2011
Homonide:

As much as i think Mr momodu doesn't stand any chance in the forthcoming presidential elections, he is right to sue bon and even nedg for preventing him from reaching out to nigerians,moreso when he was invited and he wrote to accept the invitation.i wonder what the organisers stand to achieve by making sure that the 'debate' suddenly becomes 'an interview of pdp presidential flagbearer.'

very good point mr broda,wen dey are supposed to be lukin for ppl to replace dose dat boycotted d debate,so dat gej wud av some1 to compare his ideas with and debate against to show if he is capable or nt, mscheeew,awon onir*nu angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Never Knew About Femi Fani Kayode(ffk); This Will Shock U / We Will Never Support PDP Again – Igbo Forum / Buhari Flaunts Cleavage In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.