Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,902 members, 7,799,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine (4821 Views)

Miami Church Brands Members With "666" Tattoos" / American Church Tatoo’s Members With ’666? / Controversial 'Christian' Sect tattoo Themselves With '666' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine by MP007(m): 5:12am On Jul 02, 2007
But Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda is not your typical minister. De Jesus, or "Daddy" as his thousands of followers call him, does not merely pray to God: He says he is God.

"The spirit that is in me is the same spirit that was in Jesus of Nazareth," de Jesus says.

De Jesus' claims of divinity have angered Christian leaders, who say he is a fake. Religious experts say he may be something much more dangerous, a cult leader who really believes he is God. (Watch followers get 666 tattoos for their leader )

"He's in their heads, he's inside the heads of those people," says Prof. Daniel Alvarez, a religion expert at Florida International University who has debated some of de Jesus' followers.
Doing God's work with a Lexus and Rolex
If Creciendo en Gracia is an atypical religious group, de Jesus also does not fit the mold of the average church leader. De Jesus flouts traditional vows of poverty.

He says he has a church-paid salary of $136,000 but lives more lavishly than that. During an interview, he showed off a diamond-encrusted Rolex to a CNN crew and said he has three just like them. He travels in armored Lexuses and BMWs, he says, for his safety. All are gifts from his devoted followers.

And what about the tattoo of 666 on his arm?

Although it's a number usually associated with Satan, not the son of God, de Jesus says that 666 and the Antichrist are, like him, misunderstood.

The Antichrist is not the devil, de Jesus tells his congregation; he's the being who replaces Jesus on Earth
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/16/miami.preacher/index.html
Re: Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine by bjigun(m): 5:24am On Jul 02, 2007
This guy is crazy or mental, & his followers ~ I am praying that they were brain watched , cause that is the only thing I could make people do stupid things ! ! !

May the good and peaceful Lord have mercy on their souls ! ! !
Re: Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine by MP007(m): 5:26am On Jul 02, 2007
bjigun:

This guy is crazy or mental, & his followers ~ I am praying that they were brain watched , cause that is the only thing I could make people do stupid things ! ! !

May the good and peaceful Lord have mercy on their souls ! ! !

remember sir gurumaragi, they are of the flock, this is sign that the end time is closer than ever,
Re: Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine by nguage(m): 5:39am On Jul 02, 2007
retards are all over this world
Re: Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine by omogenaija(f): 5:50am On Jul 02, 2007
may God save and help us all lipsrsealed amin
Re: Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine by pilgrim1(f): 6:39am On Jul 02, 2007
For anyone to follow someone who refers to himself as both Christ and the anti-Christ, such a follower must really be coming from somewhere outside this planet.
Re: Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine by PoDeep(m): 9:50am On Jul 02, 2007
I think the anti-Christ now walks amongst us. It seems the end ISN'T JUST NEAR but IS HERE. Lord Jesus, SOS. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read For All Married Couples And An Eye-Opener For The Yet To . . . / Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Wedding Reception In 2004(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.