Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,331 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Help On Java - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On Java (9561 Views)

Pls Help Me With Ebooks On Java,d Price For The Book Is High And Am Still A Teen / Anyone With Help On Java App Creation? / [Help Request] Help On Java download and Installation Oo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 11:31pm On Apr 06, 2011
Dolemite:

You know you're not really advancing if he keeps spoon feeding you code like this. . .

is that what u think ? well, i learnt from reading / spying peoples codes, that was how i developed myself and got lil advanced wink. Thats the help am rendering here smiley smiley so, no crime cheesy The more people's code u read and understand the logic it takes to solve problem, the more it widen homan memory and make u independent later ! u wont rely on anyone's code again or whatever looking up for codes online, u will then think of one of the 1001 ways of solving any programming task/problem. grin grin
and u didnt even give us feedback to the problem u posted here, hope its solved now

@Lolade123

Hope ur problem is solved now?
Re: Help On Java by Otuabaroku: 9:30am On Apr 07, 2011
segsalerty:

sorry guyz, let me sharply post the link to the Client UI for Otuabaroku

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uk4bs0

Pls, download the client of the Suermarket server from here , Launch the one that has suffic '_localhost' if your computer isnt connected to the LAN, else , Launch '_LAN' if your sys is connected to a WLAN or LAN ,
Launch Server before the client , Create remote server before launching Client
Send Critics to my email segsalerty@yahoo.com, it will be highly appreciated wink

I just woke up, got Class by 10am , i wan sharply go do some necessary stuffs and come and attend to the questions on wall.
Please hold grin grin grin grin grin

Hi Segsalerty, I have just down loaded the client for trial but seem not to know how to get it running as each time I launch it, it does not come up until it times out.Hope it is the same default password?
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2011
Otuabaroku:

Hi Segsalerty, I have just down loaded the client for trial but seem not to know how to get it running as each time I launch it, it does not come up until it times out.Hope it is the same default password?

did u launch the admin UI before launching the client? try running it from the 'cmd' and tell me the error message printed out to u so that i can tell u what to do
Re: Help On Java by Otuabaroku: 9:03am On Apr 08, 2011
segsalerty:

did u launch the admin UI before launching the client? try running it from the 'cmd' and tell me the error message printed out to u so that i can tell u what to do

Yes, I launched the admin UI first before launching the client. What I explained earlier, that is what is still happening. I have attached the screen shot of what displays on launching the application before it times out.

Re: Help On Java by engrkunlex: 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2011
Thank GOD my dream come through many yrs of bin ignorant but now GOD mak me to mt JAVA guru at leart to put 4ward.To start wit am KUNLE an undagraduate student of ABU curently in 100 to 200l comp.Sc. Now av done alot of programs unda computer lik HARDWARE CORE durin my days in IB. Now am despirate to JAVA because i was told i kant do away witout it,now i nd ur orientation on wic 1 to do 1st and wia to do it am curently in ZARIA.
Re: Help On Java by engrkunlex: 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2011
Thank GOD my dream come through many yrs of bin ignorant but now GOD mak me to mt JAVA guru at leart to put 4ward.To start wit am KUNLE an undagraduate student of ABU curently in 100 to 200l comp.Sc. Now av done alot of programs unda computer lik HARDWARE CORE durin my days in IB. Now am despirate to JAVA because i was told i kant do away witout it,now i nd ur orientation on wic 1 to do 1st and wia to do it am curently in ZARIA.
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
Otuabaroku:

Yes, I launched the admin UI first before launching the client. What I explained earlier, that is what is still happening. I have attached the screen shot of what displays on launching the application before it times out.

Oh, i see, sorry abt that, Found the bug here, Thats why ITS GOOD to test the app by diff people i diff env, the problem is technical, has to do with the RMI, dnt worry, am gonna upload a new Admin which will support online UPDATE. so that corrections can be by users anytime.

engrkunlex:

Thank GOD my dream come through many yrs of bin ignorant but now GOD mak me to mt JAVA guru at leart to put 4ward.To start wit am KUNLE an undagraduate student of ABU curently in 100 to 200l comp.Sc. Now av done alot of programs unda computer lik HARDWARE CORE durin my days in IB. Now am despirate to JAVA because i was told i kant do away witout it,now i nd your orientation on wic 1 to do 1st and wia to do it am curently in ZARIA.

you ar wlcome Mr kunle , just started with java basic, GOOGLE will help u alot with it. Throw any question here is nothing isnt clear to u or u need any solution to problems u encounter
Re: Help On Java by engrkunlex: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2011
@seg pls can i av ur contat?May be mail,facebook or number i jst wana ask 1 or 2 question wic i wl b very g8fu if u ka reply me.
Re: Help On Java by engrkunlex: 9:49pm On Apr 08, 2011
@seg av bin to NIIT in zaria hia bt d amount was 180k bt i dont know if dia is any les or is it necesary to do it unda NIIT in oda to be recognise?
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 10:10pm On Apr 08, 2011
engrkunlex:

@seg pls can i av your contat?May be mail,facebook or number i jst wana ask 1 or 2 question wic i wl b very g8fu if u ka reply me.
okay , i accepted u on FB now ! wink
Re: Help On Java by lolade123: 12:34am On Apr 09, 2011
@engrkunlex
ur most Welcome to the java world.I have a nice gift for you, [url]http://www.4shared.com/file/fPX-FbMp/NIIT_JAVA_2.html
[/url], this is my electronic books from NIIt.hope u would love it and u can always stay here on NL for more info. wink
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 12:39am On Apr 09, 2011
lolade123:

@engrkunlex
your most Welcome to the java world.I have a nice gift for you, [url]http://www.4shared.com/file/fPX-FbMp/NIIT_JAVA_2.html
[/url], this is my electronic books from NIIt.hope u would love it and u can always stay here on NL for more info. wink

i really love this lolade123 , u just embacked on the way forward ! grin
@engrkunlex.
U see the spirit in those that code java? Its Open, sometimes (Open Source) wink our Knowledge is to build a beta would for software development.
You will enjoy this much more than other lang ! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Help On Java by lolade123: 12:56am On Apr 09, 2011
Dolemite:

You know you're not really advancing if he keeps spoon feeding you code like this. . .
@Dolemite
Thanks for your criticism,i do appreciate it.The 2 questions i asked on this forum are from Deitel & Deitel Java How to Program 8 edition,from second chapter exercises.If you have ever used the book b4,u find out the two solutions have not been touched in the lessons of that chapter.i solved all the questions except those two i asked here.So man,am advancing !!!!!  wink
segsalerty:

is that what u think ? well, i learnt from reading / spying peoples codes, that was how i developed myself and got lil advanced wink. Thats the help am rendering here smiley smiley so, no crime  cheesy The more people's code u read and understand the logic it takes to solve problem, the more it widen homan memory and make u independent later ! u wont rely on anyone's code again or whatever looking up for codes online, u will then think of one of the 1001 ways of solving any programming task/problem. grin grin
and u didnt even give us feedback to the problem u posted here, hope its solved now

@Lolade123

Hope your problem is solved now?
@seg
The solution solved my problem and have been able to decode everything.Thanks so u much for your help,have been having probs with my laptop but ok now.
pls send me your name FB and email address at dipowo@gmail.com.Thanks man.
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 1:05am On Apr 09, 2011
lolade123:

@Dolemite
Thanks for your criticism,i do appreciate it.The 2 questions i asked on this forum are from Deitel & Deitel Java How to Program 8 edition,from second chapter exercises.If you have ever used the book b4,u find out the two solutions have not been touched in the lessons of that chapter.i solved all the questions except those two i asked here.So man,am advancing !!!!!  wink

grin grin Nice one , so, Deitel Deitel now have 8th Edition, uhmm, am out-dated ooo !
lolade123:

@seg
The solution solved my problem and have been able to decode everything.Thanks so u much for your help,have been having probs with my laptop but ok now.
pls send me your name FB and email address at dipowo@gmail.com.Thanks man.
u are so much welcome anytime, good to hear ur lappy is back to life and my solutions are useful ,
i just sent u an email ,
Re: Help On Java by Dolemite(f): 1:26am On Apr 09, 2011
I have the book, all 600mb of it, I don't use it though.
Re: Help On Java by engrkunlex: 8:16am On Apr 09, 2011
@seg,lola,odura.Am very g8fu 4 d litu orientation i heard fr u,i know d nxt tin 4me is to cheer up and do d program.Pls incase anybody has e-book sud pls send to ma mail @ olupeace4us@gmail.com or engrkunlexy4u@yahoo.com.10ks alot
Re: Help On Java by prodam(m): 12:31pm On Apr 09, 2011
this thread is making me inferior already, as in a an undergraduate i can't boast of a single programming language
and u guy are talking java as if you worked with james goslings at sun microsystems.
my question: can i be scjp certified(qualifies to take the exam) after 3month of intense java training
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 9:24pm On Apr 09, 2011
prodam:

this thread is making me inferior already, as in a an undergraduate i can't boast of a single programming language
and u guy are talking java as if you worked with james goslings at sun microsystems.
my question: can i be scjp certified(qualifies to take the exam) after 3month of intense java training

sure dude, u can ! just do well in undertstanding the basics and practice DOMS, u can then be satified !

engrkunlex:

@seg,lola,odura.Am very g8fu 4 d litu orientation i heard fr u,i know d nxt tin 4me is to cheer up and do d program.Pls incase anybody has e-book sud pls send to ma mail @ olupeace4us@gmail.com or engrkunlexy4u@yahoo.com.10ks alot

u are so much welcome!
Re: Help On Java by prodam(m): 9:47pm On Apr 09, 2011
thanks very much, i will prepare for that in my next I.T
i really love java.
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2011
prodam:

i really love java.

grin Good to hear that buddy !
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2011
Otuabaroku:

Bleep NETBEANS IDE, it has been Building wrong .jar files for me for over a month now, thats why the thing didnt run whenever i redistribute its generated .jar file. shit, i was only testing the stuff with the 'run' button on the IDE, just figured the problem out, will send u a new link when everything if fixed, i just un-installed and re-installed a beta version of the IDE, hope it works fine this time, later

sorry for the inconviniency
Re: Help On Java by sonymax(m): 1:56pm On Apr 13, 2011
pls.i need ebook to learn java lang with the list of tools, for beginners/and understandable, chiscomax452@yahoo.com
Re: Help On Java by sonymax(m): 2:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
i need ebook 4 java beginner, chiscomax452@yahoo.com or @gmail.com
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 9:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
sonymax:

Google will help out ! wink wink wink wink
Re: Help On Java by lolade123: 9:22pm On Apr 14, 2011
sonymax:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=634619.32;num_replies=55#top
hope this one will help for a start.
Re: Help On Java by Derenle: 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2011
Write a C++ program to roll 3 dice,it would show the values of these dice, and show the total value of these dice. Can someone help me?
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 9:27pm On Apr 16, 2011
Derenle:

Write a C++ program to roll 3 dice,it would show the values of these dice, and show the total value of these dice. Can someone help me?

sorry, this topic isnt for c++ solution, create a new thread and let me see if i can help before someone else does wink wink
Re: Help On Java by Dolemite(f): 9:07am On Apr 17, 2011
Seg whats your take on this, I'm really interested in games programming, java doesn't seem to be used much as most of the coolest games i've played were done with c++, my belief is that java makes good software not games, actioncript doesn't seem like a strong contender for making games only a gamer would appreciate. . .what do you think? java vs c++ vs actionscript. . .
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 10:00pm On Apr 17, 2011
Dolemite:

Seg whats your take on this, I'm really interested in games programming, java doesn't seem to be used much as most of the coolest games i've played were done with c++, my belief is that java makes good software not games, actioncript doesn't seem like a strong contender for making games only a gamer would appreciate. . .what do you think? java vs c++ vs actionscript. . .

sad sad sad sad sad so sorry , I dnt have idea beyond the fence of JAVA SE for Desktop Application using JAVA Technology, cant really help with u question, and i dnt play GAMES also , i am not a GAME HOLIC wink wink
Re: Help On Java by Dolemite(f): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2011
I need help please;
I have this class;
public class Passengers
{
private String name;
private int fare;
private int weight;
private int luggage;
private int tpw;

public Passengers(String nameIn, int fareIn, int weightIn, int luggageIn){
name=nameIn;
fare=fareIn;
weight=weightIn;
luggage=luggageIn;
}

public String getName(){
return name;
}
public int getFare(){
return fare;
}
public int getWeight(){
return weight;
}
public int getLuggage(){
return luggage;
}
public int getTpw(){
tpw=luggage*weight;
return tpw;
}

}
Now I need the user to be able to create multiple objects of passenger and store them in an array list with unique identifier, so I can delete passengers and all their details from the system;
I have a booking class;
public class Booking
{
private ArrayList<Passengers>pass=new ArrayList<Passengers>();
Passengers p1 = new Passengers("",0,0,0);
public Booking(){

}
public void addPass(String i,int f, int w, int l){
pass.add(p1);
System.out.println(p1);
}
I KNOW this is wrong. . . please help me segs
Re: Help On Java by johnelesho(m): 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2011
import java.io.*;
public class SeparateInput
{
public static void main(String [] args)
{
int j = args.length;
String k = args[0].substring(0,1);
String l = args[0].substring(1,2);
String m = args[0].substring(2,3);
String n = args[0].substring(3,4);
String o = args[0].substring(4,5);

System.out.println("\t" + k + " " + l + " " + m + " " + n + " " + o);
System.out.println("\nThis is the input at runtime, you can try another input here"wink;

Console word = System.console();
String werd = word.readLine("Give a five letter or digit word\n"wink;
String p = werd.substring(0,1);
String q = werd.substring(1,2);
String r = werd.substring(2,3);
String s = werd.substring(3,4);
String t = werd.substring(4,5);

System.out.println("\n" + p + " " + q + " " + r + " " + s + " " + t);
System.out.println("\tThis is the input at runtime, you can try another input here"wink;

}
Re: Help On Java by segsalerty(m): 11:30pm On Apr 26, 2011
ur Passangers class shld be Okay !
this concept should work out in ur Booking class as follows

public class Booking
{
private ArrayList<Passengers>pass = new ArrayList<Passengers>();

public Booking(){

}

public void addPass(String i,int f, int w, int l){
Passengers p1 = new Passengers(i,f,w,l); //create an instance of Passengers to be added
pass.add(p1); //add the new created object to the arralist
System.out.println(p1.getName()); //print out the name of the passanger u just added by getting its name u initialized
}
}

Hope this helps wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Programmers, How Do You Cope With Generator Noise In Your Area? / Female Programmers Stand Up And Be Counted / What Is Xvideoservicethief?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.