Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed (44779 Views)

SA Streets Resembling War-Zone As Armed Somalis And Bus drivers Clash / One Killed, Several Injured As Commercial Drivers Clash In Ekiti / Universal Basic Education Staff Commits Suicide In Kwara Over Unpaid Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Islie: 5:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
About five persons have been reported killed when the Nigerian Army personnel clashed with bus drivers in Ilesha-Baruba motor park in the Baruten Local Government Area of Kwara State.

The cause of the misunderstanding was said to be over an alleged N100 bribe which the soldiers, which mounted a roadblock in the area, demanded from the bus drivers.

It was learnt that the crisis started on Friday after a bus driver on Ilesha-Sinawu Road refused to part with N100 for the soldiers, and an argument ensued.

SaharaReporters learnt that in the course of the argument, the soldiers slapped him and he angrily left, came back and mobilised his other colleagues from the motor park.

After that, the soldiers opened fire on the drivers and five persons were feared dead, while several others were injured.

An eyewitness noted that the soldiers had been notorious for extorting money from the bus drivers and the altercation ensued because the drivers could not take the harassment any longer.

“Friday was the market day, and people came from several neighbouring areas to Sinawu for trade. Vehicular movements from and outside Sinawu area were so high. So, the soldiers had a field day collecting money from drivers.

“The soldiers on the Ilesha-Baruba highway, which is a distance of 25 minutes, were found extorting commercial vehicles which ply the road, ranging from N100 to N500 depending on what you are carrying. It was while extorting one of the commercial vehicles that the incident happened.

“The driver refused to give the soldiers N100, and they slapped him several times. He then reported them to the motor park, and his colleagues came to question the soldiers. That was how the soldiers shot at them,” the witness, Abdul Ganiyu, narrated.

“The altercation led to the shooting of no fewer than five persons who are feared dead as we speak while others were injured. The soldiers have also fled from the scene,” another witness added.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/01/09/five-feared-killed-soldiers-bus-drivers-clash-over-n100

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sometimes, I don't know whether to pity these animals or curse them...

Na so one tell me inside motor one day thy why I strong face?
He didn't even know what I was going through that particular day and he had to delay all of us and told me to start laughing, waving and smiling at ongoing buses for no reason..
The werey people inside the bus too were telling me, Boda smile now, one idiot was even trying to totori me.. I shall smile like that and in 10mins later got used to smiling for no reason.. I come even dey do pass wetin dem tell me make I do...
Useless sets of ignoramus idiots...

265 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Ottyn01(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2021
There was a country indeed.embarassed

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Goodtimesahead(f): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
Point to note "over N100".

183 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by chatinent: 5:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
The public offices are rubbished.

It was today I realized that the agberos, road safety corps members, police, and army work hand in hand when one agbero stopped our bus for ticket.

A policeman and road safety guy came begging him to leave steering wheel.

Begging? !!

They have turned bribery to their birthright. You need to see them ordering people who don't have to give them anything to go and park one side, to delay them with a threat to shoot if disobeyed.

We have no country.

If not for sth, I'll buy my personal licensed gun.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Liposure: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2021
I'm sick and tired of the menace posed by soldiers who should be out there protecting the territorial integrity of the nation. This was not how it use to be when things were working

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Nigeriabiafra80: 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
Toor
Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2021
Is it soldiers now?

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by DoubleEngine007: 6:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
Why did they go with empty hand without guns too
Atleast hand for meet one or two of the armed robbers dressed in Army uniform undecided

143 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by kereman1: 6:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nigerian armed forces and their oppression to civilians is becoming unbearable.

Just last week I was I a shurtle bus, that was filled to max capacity with an NAF guy in front, he ask the driver to stop at an air force road block, only for him to align and have a chit chat with hos colleagues at the road block, he delayed us for over 5minutes we gad to yell at the driver before he cud summon courage and drive off

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by slawormiir: 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by blinking001(m): 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
Fake news. Our military officers have respectable characters. This act can't be perpetuated by our officers.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
The cause of the misunderstanding was said to be over an alleged N100 bribe which the soldiers, which mounted a roadblock in the area, demanded from the bus drivers.

It was learnt that the crisis started on Friday after a bus driver on Ilesha-Sinawu Road refused to part with N100 for the soldiers, and an argument ensued.
This is just so unfortunate.

kereman1:
Nigerian armed forces and their oppression to civilians is becoming unbearable.

Just last week I was I a shurtle bus, that was filled to max capacity with an NAF guy in front, he ask the driver to stop at an air force road block, only for him to align and have a chit chat with hos colleagues at the road block, he delayed us for over 5minutes we gad to yell at the driver before he cud summon courage and drive off
Can you just imagine that?
Power corrupt, absolute power corrupt absolutely!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by JosephXavier: 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
R

1 Like

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Offpoint1: 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
There will come a day you'll type "Nigeria" on Google and you'll get "Do you mean Jungle? "

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Sonnobax15(m): 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
shocked

See what our Army has been reduced to

I'd rather advice my unborn child to be enlisted into amotekun than be enlisted into the Nigerian Army where the same soldiers who are being offered to boko haram as burnt offerings are more stronger when it comes to bloody civilians

10 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Godblessbiafraa: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
angry

Nigeria soldiers be like Nairaland mods

Always flexing muscle on innocent nairalanders

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by ednut1(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
Humans sha 100 naira

1 Like

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Weedee(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
So cos of 100 Naira, Five people die..
So technically the 5 lives were worth N20 each..
This country Na Wa o.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by BSdetector: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
Cowards with guns....same guys who piss their pants at the sight of boko Haram

17 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by 44Bulldog(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
How I wish they can direct this energy towards eliminating shekau and his crew, but no they won't.

U wonder why guys post "up and grateful" on their WhatsApp statuses every morning undecided

Now I understand that living in Nigeria is underrated!!!!

Living in Nigeria itself is another form of 1000 ways to die undecided

Bastard cowards with guns undecided

I blame bull-hari for this

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by xynerise: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
Smh
Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Odetokun3(m): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
The fact is that everyone in this country who has power more than you will want to exercise that power on you. Their gun is their power! 100# fight to 5 human lives!

15 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
When will this Killings stop?
Who is the modafucka bst educating and weaponizing this Soldiers?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Jibsy203(m): 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2021
Useless soldiers,let them goto Sambisa forest and face Bokoharam nah

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Nwakannaya1: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Oppressed oppressing another oppressed over crumbs.

Send these set to sambisa!

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by RarePro884: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nawa ool

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Franking: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nigerian soldiers are bullies. They should all be sent to Sambisa to fight boko haram instead of wasting away in the south harassing and killing people. Maybe they don't consider Kwara State north enough because this sort of story is usually a southern thing.

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by FreshDesign117: 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Imagine
Re: Soldiers & Bus Drivers Clash In Kwara Over N100, Five Feared Killed by Omoluabi16(m): 7:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Life has become so cheap here. 100 naira??

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man's House Burgled In Umuahia During The Christmas Holidays (Photos) / A Nigerian In Germany Loses €85,000 Hidden In A Bag To Lagos Wharf Rats / Armed Robbers Attack Sterling Bank In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.