Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years (28110 Views)

Moses Jitoboh: Retired DIG Drags Police Service Commission To Court / I Told Obasanjo That I Couldn't Build A Presidential Lodge For Him - Peter Obi / Police Invite Ondo Leaders To Abuja Over Alleged Killing Of Cow, Community Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by 2mercy: 7:56am On Jan 12, 2021
Deji Lambo
Members of the Police Community Relations Committee have accused a retired Deputy Inspector-General of Police, James Opara, of refusing to vacate the lodge meant for the Divisional Police Officer in the Ilupeju area of Lagos State for over 20 years.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Opara acted as the DPO of the Ilupeju Police Division for three months in 1999, and during that period, he occupied the lodge until he was transferred.

However, after his transfer from the division, it was learnt that Opara denied subsequent DPOs the opportunity of occupying the lodge by allegedly refusing to vacate the apartment.

The Chairman, PCRC, Ilupeju, Fredrick Silva-Rotimi, told PUNCH Metro that efforts to make Opara vacate the lodge had proved abortive, adding that a woman was currently using the lodge at the instance of the retired DIG and at the expense of subsequent DPOs of the division.

Silva-Rotimi said, “I have been very courteous in order to avoid making this impropriety on the part of retired DIG James Opara a public affair. It’s very bad and an act of corruption. We have petitioned the Commander, Area ‘F’; the CP, Hakeem Odumosu; and the Assistant Inspector-General of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, and Opara could not give a reason as to why he refused to vacate the lodge. He always says he’s going to vacate the place, but instead, he told a woman to occupy the place.

“This is unacceptable; he was a Divisional Crime Officer, who acted as the DPO for three months after which he was transferred. But he has been occupying the place since that time till now. It is morally wrong for him to do so as an officer and his actions have tormented other DPOs, including the present one. We want him to leave the lodge.

“Opara has been ignoring my calls, but responded on Sunday and during our conversation, I told him that we were disturbed by his action of not leaving the lodge for other DPOs and I was surprised that he said it was a police matter and that when he was ready, he would vacate the lodge, and that is what he had been saying.”

Another member of the PCRC, Alarape Alimi, said subsequent DPOs deployed in the division and whose places of residence were far from Ilupeju usually slept in the office or take up a room in a nearby hotel to stay night.

He stated, “The current DPO in Ilupeju came from a very distant place and had been sleeping in his office after Opara denied him access to the lodge. We felt very bad and the Patron of the PCRC, Yomi Olajide; the Chairman, Fredrick Silva-Rotimi; and his secretary and I met with the AIG Zone 2, Ahmed Iliyasu, and he sent our letter of complaint to the DC admin to treat.

“The woman occupying the lodge on the instructions of Opara usually visits the place once in a while, and the DPO, who is meant to be occupying the place cannot. Opara is a retired DIG and the lodge is for the serving DPO; so, he should leave the place.”

When contacted by our correspondent, Opara refused to comment on the matter. He also had yet to respond to a text message sent to his mobile telephone as of the time of filing this report. Similarly, a WhatsApp message sent to him had not been responded to.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said, “I am not aware of the letter written by the PCRC, but I am sure that if they have written any letter, the AIG and the CP must have acted on it.

“So, I will find out and discuss with the CP on how we will go about the matter since there is a house like that, which is meant for the DPO and is being occupied by someone who was kept there by a retired senior officer. We are going to look into it departmentally and see what we can do.”
https://punchng.com/community-kicks-as-retired-dig-occupies-dpos-lodge-for-20-years/

1 Like

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by XOGBADO(m): 7:59am On Jan 12, 2021
Imagine what the bone of contention is

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by donbachi(m): 8:00am On Jan 12, 2021
Wickedness...even if the house looks like a poultry.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by thaoriginator: 8:06am On Jan 12, 2021
grin

More like a pig farm to me

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 12, 2021
lol see the house sef

33 Likes

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by haryorbarmie83(m): 8:13am On Jan 12, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by doggedfighter(f): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2021
Police houses in this country always looking crappy.

Aftwr using it for years he even left the said house for a woman while the person that should be using it sleeps in the office.

Impunity everywhere !

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by yinkus6750(m): 8:22am On Jan 12, 2021
That's the typical attitude of a greedy corrupt Nigerian.
Oppressing and suppressing others with position and power.
They don't ever want to leave, cos of benefits attached to an office.
Too sad.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Freestainworld(m): 8:25am On Jan 12, 2021
We have the best police force in the world, op abi I lie?
Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by SocialJustice: 8:25am On Jan 12, 2021
Lol, I know say the house when them dey speak many English for go don dey dilapidated. cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Liposure: 8:26am On Jan 12, 2021
This is nigeria where the average policeman is not ready to give up government property

4 Likes

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Karemarealty288(m): 8:30am On Jan 12, 2021
See lodge.

5 Likes

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Obago99: 8:48am On Jan 12, 2021
Hahahahahaha
Na inheritance now

3 Likes

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by bluefilm: 8:48am On Jan 12, 2021
What are they still waiting for up to 20 years?

They should beat him up and throw him out one time!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by teamsynergy: 8:49am On Jan 12, 2021
They should force him out na
Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by iyanumiv(m): 8:49am On Jan 12, 2021
NA WA FOR THIS COUNTRY O

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Marvieduke(f): 8:49am On Jan 12, 2021
He should just buy the lodge naa
Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by kingzjay(m): 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
Maybe the house is his Pension and Gratuity.... or share of the national cake.

Nigeria. You cannot hear it all

2 Likes

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by IamWonderful: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
What kind of wickedness and criminals this land breeds, them used bizarre evil swear for them

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by ainas247: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
Opara na dem cheesy the most wicked policemen are from the east angry they have no mercy

17 Likes

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Cool457: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
Ok

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by ExcelBetter: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
cheesy
Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Dottore: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
Useless people
Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Szkpytqgdcvx925: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
Useless people, but they will not Kick when there chairman, senator or governor loot billions. They should leave the man to chop his share and live peacfully.

1 Like

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by updatechange(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2021
Rubbish
Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by ayenale1(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2021
NPF personnels are the most dirtiest officers have ever seen...

1 Like

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Houseofglam7(f): 8:52am On Jan 12, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by Legalcriminal: 8:52am On Jan 12, 2021
Shey na this apartment wey OP post both dey fight on top?
This country nawa oo

3 Likes

Re: Community Kicks As Retired DIG Occupies DPO’s Lodge For 20 Years by joyed: 8:52am On Jan 12, 2021
Ok

NEW YEAR DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 70% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦2,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Contact us on WhatsApp via the number on the flyer below to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uzodinma Seals, Demolishes Hotel Belonging To PDP Campaign Chairman, Mike Ikoku / Defections :saraki, Akpabio, Tambuwal Others May Lose Seats / Transcript Of El-Rufai's Speech About Tinubu And Muslim-Muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.