|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1060868 members, 1230702 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2013 at 06:38 PM
Boko Haram Threatens To Attack PDP,ACN,CPC And Others / Don’t Blackmail CPC And General Buhari - CPC Response To Bluelabs Limited / CPC And ACN To Join Forces- Deal May Be Signed Tomorrow ! (1) (2) (3) (4)
|Don’t Blackmail Cpc And General Buhari by zeeleso(f): 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2011|
We consider it a privilege to document our thoughts on this distraction attempt by so called youths and their childish attempts at blackmail.
The logo of the CPC is a pen and a flag, it means the party is keen on knowledge, deeply patriotic and eager to re-write Nigeria’s history. We are amazed that digital youths can be so uninformed about the social media we have all come to taut ourselves as experts on.
There are a few documents on this that state actual facts about how this is a cheap blackmail attempt. Some of the documents will be held until further evidence is required.
1. We have documents showing the letters received by CPC officials from third party individuals, the date it got to CPC officials and required time for response. These documents show that we communicated with them within their time frame.
2. We have records of email from Femi Odewumi, MD of Bluelabs LLC indicating their intention to sell the “project” to CPC.
3. We have records of our phone conversations with the MD of Bluelabs LLC, Femi Odewumi where we requested a meeting to make available to him the facts about this case that they have not put into consideration. We also have a record of his return call indicating that his team is meeting in the afternoon and he will get back to us. All these conversations happened hours before launching their malicious website and Femi Odewunmi has not called back.
4. We have records of the the source of the YouTube video, an individual (a fan of the Buhari/Bakare 2011 Campaign) who made it and the various people who have uploaded other videos using the same soundtrack. This YouTube video was a user generated content offered to Buhari4Change Fanpage publicly on Facebook with permissions for use.
5. We have screen shots backing up every detail, some of which are already being adjusted by the people perpetrating this ill.
While neither CPC nor any of it’s officials own, designed or developed the YouTube video montage in question, please find below the terms and conditions of Youtube. This “Transformation soundtrack” has been used to create videos and uploaded to YouTube since, the Jan 30, 2011 (or earlier). YouTube’s Terms of Service about video uploaded to their website states:
"by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube’s (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service."
– Excerpts from YouTube Terms of Service.
If you feel strongly that the people who initially uploaded your music have violated your rights. There is a process with YouTube to notify them before it becomes viral.
It is a big shame, that opposition politicians can go to any length to corrupt the youth of a nation, at this time, when we are battling for the nations soul.
CPC and Buhari-Bakare have become a growing movement in Nigeria, social media and user generated content are an integral part of ensuring information dissemination beyond government controlled media. While CPC and General Buhari will not infringe on people’s intellectual property, WE WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO BLACKMAIL.
|Re: Don’t Blackmail Cpc And General Buhari by zeeleso(f): 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2011|
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health