Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! (35637 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV) On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Shaunscot(m): 9:57am On Aug 06, 2007
Well Alleno has said it all.
What were they watching when the guy was drowning.
Besides,if Mago-mago no dey the screening,how did an amateur swimmer pass it?
My Condolences to the guy's family.Its a pity though.
May his Soul rest in peace.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by dcafe(m): 10:02am On Aug 06, 2007
May his soul rest in peace.
The Irony of life.
In his profile he said he was unstoppable.

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Sexyuhlala(f): 10:37am On Aug 06, 2007
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ebos(m): 10:39am On Aug 06, 2007
So, that's the guy? His pic showed he really prepared for this competition - Enough weight-lifting to gather stamina. It's so sad he's gone that way. I pray for the repose of his soul.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Gheorghe(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2007
Not minding that even good swimmers can drown, say 1 in a million, but has anyone

bothered to find out if actually this young lad could swim or he faked he could swim or the

organisers just needed his physic in the show?/

lots of questions just needs to be answered.

MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE.AMEN.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by oluite(f): 11:01am On Aug 06, 2007
i'm presently in Jos.shere hills is a very tough terrain for amateurs.he might av known how to swim but maybe not in a terrain like d shere hills where d water is very muddy n cold.I just feel for his family.May his soul rest in peace.Amen.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by rowlandwhy: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2007
oluite:

i'm presently in Jos.shere hills is a very tough terrain for amateurs.he might av known how to swim but maybe not in a terrain like d shere hills where d water is very muddy n cold.I just feel for his family.May his soul rest in peace.Amen.
Olu,
be carefull oo
so that u will not be the next victim
Take care, wishin u the best
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by cgift(m): 11:32am On Aug 06, 2007
i think his family should not take it lying low. the should sue NB and make thm pay through their nose for th loss. The claim for damages should not be less than N100m.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by namdo(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2007
Na waooo, what a loss. May His soul rest in peace, Amen
Adieu Brother
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by namdo(m): 11:40am On Aug 06, 2007
Na waooo, what a loss. May His soul rest in peace, Amen
Adieu Brother
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ayusman16(m): 11:41am On Aug 06, 2007
cgift:

i think his family should not take it lying low. the should sue NB and make thm pay through their nose for th loss. The claim for damages should not be less than N100m.

Na NB kill am dat they should pay damages, is there a clause dat states dat?, we just be careful on wat we say atimes, May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by benit(f): 11:49am On Aug 06, 2007
Thank you. I said it in my earlier post. We are talking about a life here, a fully grown man, a lost generation and the pains of his family.Were the organizers not supposed to ensure the safety of participants at least? If not, the whole nonsense should be scrapped since it is unsafe. This matter should be investigated thoroughly because more of this may happen if this case is not taken up. angry angry angry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by menix(m): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2007
Ewooooo, its a pity, Wel dats the result of back yard runz perpetrated by the organizers bcous if they had gone with the best y would such happen. wel wish it happened to one those wayo organisers instead of the innocent poor fellow,
                           MAY HIS GENTLE SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by MsMs: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2007
Could Nigeria ever get anything right like, EVER in our lifetime!!!

This was an accident lurking in the bushes (or water as the case turns out). Badly devised / unregulated reality game shows could be detrimental to both networks (NTA –if they care that is) and sponsors (NBL) especially in territories such as Nigeria. On the up side Reality TV has demystified programme making worldwide, its main objective being to entertain as well as privilege the otherwise neglected citizens and not to by any means KILL them off in the name of TV. If NBL chose to develop a Survivor ‘rip off’ tv show then they should do so by follow ALL safety conventions – at least seek consultation from experts in the field abroad (or would that not have come handy). Ask yourself why didn’t the South Africans put 15 bafanas in a mud hut in cape town and call the show Big Mother…Answer: Because they are not that daft!!! Why do you think there is only one major successor in EVERY reality TV genre i.e. Big Brother House4, Making the Bank, Star Search, Survivor, Gulder Ultimate search answer: Because smart producers license readily working formulas COPYCATS IDEAS NEVER WORK. It hurts that Nigerians never seem to get it, what would it have cost the brewery house to have licensed Survivor for Nigeria (they could still have christened it GUS), afterall Bank Phb recently wisely opted for a more refined Apprentice. But no Nbl thought otherwise or should we say ‘dumbwise’ and now have a funeral to pay for -all on the eve which Big brother Africa launched to rave reviews in SA –what a bloody paradox…literally.

Careless of content those droopy-eyed granddads at NTA sit back miles away from Jos waiting to be paid millions for airtime…what a country you guys have…to fix up
undecided
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by kaymode(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2007
sad.Really a sad ending, May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by sprezatura(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
Another victim of the mysterious rock, a lot of us no longer believe in the mystries of the african society and how our culture either directly or indirecly relates with the elements or geographic features. I hear you say it was an accident and i am just being nigerian, fine lets all beleive what we want, but going by the history of that rock i honestly do not believe in the accident story.For those that have seen may you never witness this mysteries again unless you desire it, and for those who havent witnessed them may we never witness the unless we desire them.

The mysteries of the Hill just got wider. May he rest in peace.

I guess its appropraite to wish GUS a peaceful rest as well
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2007
i wonder how much Nigeria Breweries would pay the family that would be equal to he life of a son. The parents should go ahead and bury their dead.

But i thought in this kind of thing, there should be proper screening considering the fact that they are coming to a place like Shere hills.

Its just a pity. Another story to taint the image of Nigeria. I hope the so called people involved in the screenig should be questioned seroiusly by Festus Odimegwu
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by bambina(f): 1:03pm On Aug 06, 2007
it's sad. my only concern is the fact that some could drown on a reality program that has alot of observers while it runs. could it be that nb put this program together without taking necessary steps like having divers around while contestants do their thing?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9child(f): 1:30pm On Aug 06, 2007
eyaaaaaaaaaaa. guys i hope u have learnt a lesson. it is dangerous to be overambitious
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Tasma: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2007
Very poor situation for several reasons. The contestants are not professional sportsmen, or don't have to be. Having a good "physique" has absolutely nothing to do with the ability to swim properly , in a pool (talk less of a river). Having a good "physique" has nothing to do with being able to mountain climb or any other xtreme sport. The most similar sport to this sort of competition you are talking about would be something like the ironman triathlon. The ironman competition is heavily regulated and probably has some of the best medical and first aid personnel in any sporting event. Ironman athletes are ranked as some the fittest athletes in the world.

Like I said before this just seems to me like poor organisation and preparation. Typical
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by la1(m): 1:35pm On Aug 06, 2007
sprezatura:

Another victim of the mysterious rock,[/font] a lot of us no longer believe in the mystries of the african society and how our culture either directly or indirecly relates with the elements or geographic features. I hear you say it was an accident and i am just being nigerian, fine lets all beleive what we want, but going by the history of that rock i honestly do not believe in the accident story.For those that have seen may you never witness this mysteries again unless you desire it, and for those who havent witnessed them may we never witness the unless we desire them.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]The mysteries of the Hill
[b][/b] just got wider. May he rest in peace.

I guess its appropraite to wish GUS a peaceful rest as well
mystery hill
do you care to elucidate please?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by A40(m): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2007
My condolences men its the situation of the country why would fully grown men and women go about fooling themselves in a bloodclot island because of a few bucks
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ferdimako1: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ Razorr, had it being this feller made it with his life., you wld have been one of the first ladies to secure his cell phone number. Why are women like this? Women first when the front is cleared and last when it's hazy and dangerous.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Veracious(f): 2:01pm On Aug 06, 2007
I can smell some fowl play here,belive it or not. because i just can't  figure it out,i mean how can a grown up man like that just drown,when others are there watching it happen.

I don't want to even think of it that he was there alone swimming or the other contestant don't know how to swim so as to rescue him or that there were know lifeguards or any from of security available (or were they sleeping) there either.

Its obvious that here in nigeria we are not our brothers keeper:simply because NO one wants to die for the other which is quit unlike the western world: these people are ready to stiff their neck into whatsoever situation when a fellow citizen's life is in danger.

Too bad our brother Anthony a young vibrant man who wanted to make a living for himself instead of doing some fraudulent kind of job is gone and may not likely have had the opportunity of amending his ways with God before his tragic demise.

One thing i know here is that there is no amount of money NB would likely give to the family that would remove that pain of anguish from the hearts of his loved ones.because a generation is gone with the whirlwind of death  never to be traced or seen again exeept for the pain and emptyness.

THERE IS MORE TO THE DEATH OF ANTHONY THAN WE CAN EVER IMAGIN.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ne4real(f): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2007
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Jokotola: 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2007
May his soul rest in peace. Amen angry angry cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Gamine(f): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2007
Damn!

Nigeria!

Reality TV

Drown

What is Happening oooh

this is terrible

sad sad sad
im speechless
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by cgift(m): 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
which festus? do you think he is still in NB. Festus is history in NB Plc. Th truth of the matter is that NB did not take necessary precautions in putting this togtgher and obviously put contestants lives at risk. They should be sued.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Kenny(m): 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2007
If this 'intrinsic advertisement' of Gulder must be bloody, Let's make a call to end this so called 'reality show'! Because it's like more of this sad tones are still ahead.  The NB, Sponsors, and the NTA need to be called to order for incompetence to provide necessary precautions.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Bolarge(m): 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2007
Pleassse guys tell me this is a joke. [size=14pt]GOD!![/size] the show should be scrapped with immediate effect and the organizers arrested pronto. What on earth is the meaning of this?  angry angry
I can't even think clearly right now.
They organise a show and can't even effect necessary measures for the welfare of the contestants? I hope the courts squeeze their balls to the tune of at least #400million for this. [size=14pt]GOD!! [/size]  angry angry angry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by onyx79(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2007
I DON'T HAVE MUCH TO SAY.
KASHIMAWO
ANELE embarassed
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Seun(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2007
I don't think there's any 'foul play' involved. A tragedy of this nature can completely destroy the show, so what does anyone involved have to gain from this? It's a great tragedy for the family and the show.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Thin Tall Tony Denies His Daughter, Ella, Calls Her His ‘Niece’ / BBNaija: Mercy Feeds Ike With His Food (photo) / Big Brother Naija 2022 Week 2 Voting Results & Percentages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.