Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,778 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! (35638 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV) On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Go Down)

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by cgift(m): 8:19pm On Aug 09, 2007
They could not have insured for more than N10m per candidate. What would that do? They should sue for damages and get something mega.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by oluhak: 12:17am On Aug 10, 2007
What a pity! A lot has been said on this issue, my only advice for NB Plc is to discontinue with the programme and have the family compensated.

Having known that the contestants are not professional swimmers, organizers shd not have taken these pple to a pool that is detrimental to their degree of professionalism.

May ur soul rest in perfect peace.

Olu-Hak
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 12:30am On Aug 10, 2007
I do not support NB doling out hundreds of millions to this guy's mother just because he died they should pay as much as his insurance covers and they should consider whether the guy waived NB Plc from bearing any responsibility.

Things should be done the way they should be done. For God sake 6 miners just got buried underground in the USA, most probably dead. The company responsible will take care of it's basic responsibility as stipulated in it contract.

Which one be N100 million? You want make people begin enter Gulder Ultimate Search with the intention to die?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 10, 2007
denex:

I do not support NB doling out hundreds of millions to this guy's mother just because he died they should pay as much as his insurance covers and they should consider whether the guy waived NB Plc from bearing any responsibility.

Things should be done the way they should be done. For God sake 6 miners just got buried underground in the USA, most probably dead. The company responsible will take care of it's basic responsibility as stipulated in it contract.

Which one be N100 million? You want make people begin enter Gulder Ultimate Search with the intention to die?

I've read many of your comments that involve death of individuals,you almost sound so unmoved by the death of a fellow human being.
Almost as if you have a heart that's been seared by iron,so to speak.
That is scary!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by PTH(m): 12:42am On Aug 10, 2007
ejunkie:

Let evaluate this for a min,

Boy is only son of his parents (lots of value)

Boy is the only emotional support of his mother (loads of value)

Boy just graduated, could ve well gone on to become anything (literally mega value!!)

i think it's only fair NB diverts 100 million out their much publicised, proudly cited 400 million naira budget to console the bereaved and stop trying to absolve themselves.

The show most likely continue, but then let them pretend to demonstrate a liitle responsibilty.

this is unrealistic. Why should NBplc pay 25% of their annual budget to the boy's family? Did they force him to be a part of the show? Why did he agree to go on a canoe when he knew he clearly could not swim?
The best NB can do is pay for insurance if each of the contestants had life insurance and let them get on with the program later.

olu-hak:

What a pity! A lot has been said on this issue, my only advice for NB Plc is to discontinue with the programme and have the family compensated.

Having known that the contestants are not professional swimmers, organizers should not have taken these people to a pool that is detrimental to their degree of professionalism.

May your soul rest in perfect peace.

Olu-Hak

that is not an excuse. They do several reality shows in other countries and no one has died yet. It is not completely NB's fault, when you answer to an ad you should know the risks involved. I'm sure each contestant not only signed a contract before the commencement of the competition but must have been fully briefed about the tasks they would be required to partake in. Anyone who felt unable to complete them had a 100% choice of backing out and letting someone else better equiped take his place.

As usual Nigerians, simply for the lure of fame and easy money will lie, cut corners and put their lives at risk.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by denex: 1:45am On Aug 10, 2007
@babyosisi

apart from suicide, I see death as a natural part of life. Everything that has a beginning has an end.

I'm not afraid to die, nor would I want people to bother themselves too much when I die.
I use my life to do as much as I can so that when I die, people will not say "had it been".

It's not like humans are an endangered species that I will now be alarmed when a couple of people die. It's just nature running its course.

However, when something like suicide occurs, I am really bothered because it takes a lot for any living organism to take it's own life. It is unnatural. That is what gets me concerned not all these people that put themselves in harm's way for financial benefit.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 8:07am On Aug 10, 2007
stop the show ke? pls after the mourning period the show should go on ASAP
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 10, 2007
denex:

my sentiments exactly.

this is a reality show.in real life, events do not follow any prewritten script.

the young man made his choice. It seems we all want to adopt the victim culture that pervades america."every bad thing that happens to me is someone else(usually a Mr BIG with deep pockets)'s fault.

with all the hints that  'mago mago' involved in his entry into the show, should anyone be suprised.

one of the issues steven covey discusses in the seven habits of highly effective people is the tendency of people to fake abilities/skills they do not have. he pointed out that you can get away with this up to a point, but sooner or later, you will find yourself in a position where you will have no choice but to use your nonexistent abilities, and that's where the problems begin.

its the same sort of deception that causes collapsed buildings in lagos(built by contractors with '20 years of experience').

in this case,the only direct victim of deception was the deception was the fellow himself.

I hope future contenders for reality shows (the new ,raging get rich quick scheme) will consider this.

also, it has been said : it takes five years to become an overnight success.we should stop looking for shortcuts (becoming an overnight success in three weeks)and accept reality TV for what it mostly is, human beings debasing themselves on national tv while the sponsors reap millions in free advertising.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by techie(m): 8:27am On Aug 10, 2007
Hi All

I watched an episode of the last season of Survivor Africa in which one of the contestants broke his arm in one of the challenges ( I forget his name) he could easily have broken his neck or his spine yet no one blamed survivor Africa for his broken arm and no one suggested they should be sued and made to pay millions for his broken arm.

Yes he lost his life and yes we commiserate with his family for his lost life it is a sad thing to happen to anyone anywhere from previous posts it has been indicated that NBL had medics and medical teams on ground that attempted to rescue him and as at this moment we dont know the cause of his death.

Let us not be quick to cast blames on the organisers and be grateful for their providing such an oppurtunity for people to make money. From what I heard they have other programs targeted @ Musicians (Star trek), Dancers (Dance for all), actors (AMBO) etc. So if you know your strenghts and you limitations you could go for the area that would be SAFEST for you to participate in.

Please lets not be too quick to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I look forward to the next GUS who knows I may even contest.

@ Uchetobi & Denex
Thanks for keeping it real
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2007
word
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by divanaija1: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2007
oyb:

my sentiments exactly.

this is a reality show.in real life, events do not follow any prewritten script.

the young man made his choice. It seems we all want to adopt the victim culture that pervades america."every bad thing that happens to me is someone else(usually a Mr BIG with deep pockets)'s fault.

with all the hints that 'mago mago' involved in his entry into the show, should anyone be suprised.

one of the issues steven covey discusses in the seven habits of highly effective people is the tendency of people to fake abilities/skills they do not have. he pointed out that you can get away with this up to a point, but sooner or later, you will find yourself in a position where you will have no choice but to use your nonexistent abilities, and that's where the problems begin.

its the same sort of deception that causes collapsed buildings in lagos(built by contractors with '20 years of experience').

in this case,the only direct victim of deception was the deception was the fellow himself.

I hope future contenders for reality shows (the new ,raging get rich quick scheme) will consider this.

also, it has been said : it takes five years to become an overnight success.we should stop looking for shortcuts (becoming an overnight success in three weeks)and accept reality TV for what it mostly is, human beings debasing themselves on national tv while the sponsors reap millions in free advertising.

U said it all Uchetobi,u said it all.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by wills(m): 9:18am On Aug 10, 2007
Dekie:

Wills,
young man,the last time i checked the word was CORPORATE,check your details.
Anyway i read your response to Alos' post.

So u have lived in all the major cities in Nigeria,that's the only point i got from your post.Who said it was a chicken that died anyway!!!!!!! please if u have nothing better to say,don't bother,abi Seun dey pay u salary?

Abeg Nairalanders let us mourn a great man that fell in battle.

@Dekie, you know what, you can pull that big lip of yours over your head.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Veracious(f): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2007
Must you guys querell over this issue?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 9:51am On Aug 10, 2007
i wonder o
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by afam1(m): 10:11am On Aug 10, 2007
Posted by: babyosisi
Insert Quote
Quote from: denex on Today at 12:30:00 AM

I've read many of your comments that involve death of individuals,you almost sound so unmoved by the death of a fellow human being.
Almost as if you have a heart that's been seared by iron,so to speak.
That is scary!!

@denex

i think i support baby osisi,
denex,u ve never shown any concern over the death of one of us.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by akhilor(f): 10:20am On Aug 10, 2007
It is no is unfortunate. IT IS PURE MAGOMAGO. A colleague of mine was invited he passed all the test in jos for first interview and was invited to the lagos auditioning, the guys swims like a fish but yet he was dropped. why because he does not know anyone to give him a note. if not that there is WAYO how did he pass the first screanning because u hv to know how to swim to be called to camp. so as you can all see there is pure wayo. AND IT SHOULD BE SCRAPED BEFORE THEY KILL ALL OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS OH angry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Bluestream(m): 10:49am On Aug 10, 2007
Whilst you all yammer and yatter away on the sensitive issue of death, has it occured to anyone that above and beyond talking about it here; Nairalanders could actually influence the outcome of this event, to ensure that it NEVER happens again?!!

There are 121000 of us. That's a lot of intelligent socially aware people. That's Power people, serious power. and it's web enabled power too!

So asides from yakking about it like I said, is anyone willing to make some noise that will be noticed about this?

I say lets strike the fear of GOD and respect for the Nigerian man and woman into the psyches of the organizers and their kind. It does not matter what his motivations,miscalculations or whatever were, Anthony certainly did not bargain to die!, and since he IS dead, nothing can be done but mourn him, BUT we owe it to him, to ourselves , to ensure that it does not happen again, EVER!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Veracious(f): 10:58am On Aug 10, 2007
When do we begin Sir? cos i second your opinion
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 11:34am On Aug 10, 2007
How do we ensure it doesn’t happen again, death is in the hands of God not man
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by hayprof(m): 12:04pm On Aug 10, 2007
But me thinks, they mite av been notified about anything death. in the contract b4 they sign it, abi? cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Alos: 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2007
Wills my dear,

Instead of you to say thank you to Dekie for the correction given to you, OLODO , I now realised how you managed to have stayed in all the major cities of Nigeria.

Thanks Techie please help and educate them on the realities of life.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by wills(m): 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2007
Alos:

Wills my dear,

Instead of you to say thank you to Dekie for the correction given to you, OLODO , I now realised how you managed to have stayed in all the major cities of Nigeria.

Thanks Techie please help and educate them on the realities of life.

Alos, just like Dekie you too can Pull that Big lip of yours over your Head and shut the Bleep! up
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 10, 2007
well nothing much to say just that like i have always said, we can never tell what can happen cos in this world anything can happen. What if any had died travelling to Jos any via any other means,wont it be the same thing we would say "like  it's cos of Gulder person die"
So if there are any lessons to learn lets do so if not lets apply next year cos me i believe say i go make am next year, Not cos Of N5.m but just for popularity

LETS TAKE HEART AND PRAY that NIGERIAN BEWERIES DOES NOT CANCEL GUS IV

4rm justice

@

ichiustice4real@yahoo.com

BENUE STATE
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by ejunkie(m): 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2007
I see some of us here didn't take a liking to my earlier posts :-)

Sure the contestants got enough (supposed) warning bout how tough it will be, but c'mon we all know ad gimmicks.

If NB advertised with "WARNING! Contestants are liable to DIE!" u honestly think they 'ld get enough applicants to be bragging with?!!! (over 21,000 entries!, 6,000 eligble entries, 130 shortlisted, 40 to trials, 10 selected! )

For those who compared our dear GUS with the other reality shows (survivor), honestly haven't u seen the difference in professionalism, organisation and all! (not that NB didn't try, just not well enough)

When you watch fear factor, you see their 'fail safe' measures. So if even you want to commit suicide you cannot with all your will, do it on their show.

So maybe this is a good thing for GUS, maybe now they (NB) can see the 'risks' (yes, not only contestants need to know the risks) involved. maybe they will sit up and not plan the show so sloppishly, and not cut budgets unjustifiedly, and play politics with candidate selection

Fact still remains the poor boy is dead as a result of NB. Whether or not he was a junkie, a rapist, a business man in the making, a future president, a father, a great inventor, a mentor, a legend we 'll never know. And you cannot put a value on that can we? Neither should it be just swept under the carpet all in a bid to get the show back on the road.

How would you react if it were your friend, brother, colleague, neighbour, benefactor, cousin?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by uchetobi(f): 5:55pm On Aug 10, 2007
what of the people that die yearly during the senseless scheme (NYSC) what compensation do they receive? Why is that not made an issue Because this is entertainment does it make it different.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Senate: 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2007
Welllll, it really is sad the young Man is dead, but i wonder just before they went to Jos where the contestants made to sign disclaimer notices? Everyone should think about that because if they did then nobody can sue Nigerian Breweries.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by iyes(m): 7:53pm On Aug 10, 2007
@ Bluestream (m) & ALL OTHERS BLAMING N.B. FOR G.U.S,

I say lets strike the fear of GOD and respect for the Nigerian man and woman into the psyches of the organizers and their kind. It does not matter what his motivations,miscalculations or whatever were, Anthony certainly did not bargain to die!, and since he IS dead, nothing can be done but mourn him, BUT we owe it to him, to ourselves , to ensure that it does not happen again, EVER!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PRINCIPLE CALLED "CAVEAT EMPTOR"?

IF YOU LIVE IN LAGOS, YOU WILL NOTICE THAT EVERY WEEK, SOMEONE IS KILLED ON THE EXPRESSWAYS (MOST ESPECIALLY, NEAR FOOT BRIDGES) TRYING TO RUN ACCROSS. ACCORDING TO YOUR THEORY, JULIUS BERGER SHOULD BE SUED FOR CONSTRUCTING THE ROAD SO WIDE IT TAKES THE SPEED OF A PROFESSIONAL/OLYMPIC ATHLETE TO RUN ACROSS SAFELY! - WHEN THE VICTIMS WERE JUST NOT SINCERE TO THEMSELVES, HAVING OVER-ESTIMATED THEIR RUNNING ABILITIES, AND THEREFORE DASHED ACROSS BECAUSE MANY OTHERS DO SO WITH EASE?

COMMON, LET'S NOT INTRODUCE THE CULTURE OF BLAMING OTHERS FOR OUR SHORTCOMINGS OR FAILURES, WHICH IS THE MAJOR PROBLEM OF WESTERN COUNTRIES (ESPECIALLY, U.S.A)

N.B, RIDE ON WITH THE SHOW!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Oracle(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2007
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2007
Oracle:

May his soul rest in peace

if people like denex will let him grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by busygirl(f): 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2007
iT's so sad but I think this might not have to do with his inability to swim. . I just have a feel it's not ordinary but more of a spiritual thingy.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by PTH(m): 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2007
busygirl:

iT's so sad but I think this might not have to do with his inability to swim. . I just have a feel it's not ordinary but more of a spiritual thingy.

dem don come again. Everything is spiritual, including non-swimmers who plunge themselves headlong into a raging stream.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search 4 (IV)! by 9ja4eva: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2007
busygirl:

We never can tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13)

Thin Tall Tony Denies His Daughter, Ella, Calls Her His ‘Niece’ / BBNaija: Mercy Feeds Ike With His Food (photo) / Big Brother Naija 2022 Week 2 Voting Results & Percentages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.