Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:37 PM

Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv (1465 Views)

Econet Acquires Premier League Free-to-air Rights In Africa / Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv by temmytanny(m): 7:43am On Apr 02, 2011
I hope this wont be the beginning of the fall of HITV. I got the info from today's Vanguard
Re: Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv by blacklion(m): 11:25am On Apr 02, 2011
Where's the link?
Re: Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv by aieromon(m): 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
Source
Re: Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv by temmytanny(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2011
Thanx, check page 54 of vanguard saturday(the sporting page). I called my friend in HITV and he told me they sold the 2011/2012 rights to them. He dint give reasons but i guess HITV is cash trapped for now and they need to offset some bills.
They would still complete this season but next season is off their reach for now.
Re: Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv by semid4lyfe(m): 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2011
Apparently it's true. E do be for HiTv be that. grin
http://nationalmirroronline.net/sports/9237.html

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/DSTV_627704771.jpg&size=article_large[/img]
SUPERSPORT, a foremost premium sports content aggregator on the DStv platform has secured the rights to the UEFA Champions’ League matches for the Nigerian territory for the 2011/ 2012 season. By this development, SuperSport will have the rights to all 146 live matches to the prestigious Champions’ League as well as the UEFA Super Cup and 205 live matches in the Europa League.

The deal was sealed as a result of an offer from the previous rights holder. The offer to SuperSport was made as a result of agreement between the rights holder and the previous broadcaster which gave the rights holder the authority to sub-license the broadcast rights to a third party broadcaster.

Speaking on the new development, the chairman of DStv Nigeria, Mr. Adewunmi Ogunsanya said that his company is happy that the Champions’ League, just like the English Premier League, is returning to DStv which is the traditional home of the best sports content in the world. “I am personally delighted that we have been able to underline our commitment to our subscribers that we will continue to make strategic investment decisions to keep DStv as the premium pay TV choice in the Nigeria”.
Re: Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv by obinna5000(m): 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2011
@semid4lyfe
So, HiTv won't cover next season's UEFA Champions League.
And I'm sure to watch those matches next season, one must subscribe to either Compact Plus or Premium bouquets on DSTV.
Re: Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv by semid4lyfe(m): 3:16pm On Apr 03, 2011
obinna5000:
@semid4lyfe
So, HiTv won't cover next season's UEFA Champions League.
And I'm sure to watch those matches next season, one must subscribe to either Compact Plus or Premium bouquets on DSTV.

So you dey watch ball? shocked

I bin think sey na only films you dey watch grin

Surprise! Surprise! tongue
Re: Dstv Gets Back Ucl Rights From Hitv by obinna5000(m): 5:18pm On Apr 03, 2011
semid4lyfe:

So you dey watch ball? shocked

I bin think sey na only films you dey watch grin

Surprise! Surprise! tongue

@semid4lyfe
I watch soccer a lot. But not to the point of supporting football clubs. cheesy
I'm on DStv premium anyway.
So, is it because of the recent acquisition of the UCL broadcast rights dat DStv increased their subscription prices?

(1) (Reply)

Highlights From Big Brother Naija Day 9 (videos + Photos) / Prison Break - Fan Page / The New Prison Break Is Kind Of Stupid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.