Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:16 AM

Nas Vs Jayz - Music/Radio (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nas Vs Jayz (20594 Views)

Hero(nas) Vs A Hero Comes Home(mode9) / Nas Vs Jay Z, Who Is A Better Rapper? / Is Nas Truly a Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaypumpin2(m): 10:54pm On Jul 04, 2008
@Hanibal
Ja Rule versus 50. . . . . no contest!!!
Jadakiss and Fat Joe??  Baby rappers.

I have respected your view all along,but to call dblocks own Jadakiss baby rapper aint fair.@ least he did a good one "why" track.And fiddy,the fact he's been on a downward slide, sales wise,after get rich or dir trying shows the nigga aint hodin it down again " rappistically".i love him o but even our own mode 9 go murder fiddy.hes changed with the inflow of money as he sings more than rap now.

Hanibal what's ur take on the Kanye/Fiddy "feud"?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaypumpin2(m): 11:00pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ hanibal

i have respected and agree with so many of your view all along but man to call d-block's own,Jadakiss a baby rapper is unfair.@ least that nigga tried spitting some real stuff on the "why" track.Fiddy was good,but i think the fact that hes been on a downward slide sales wise after get rich or die trying shows how much hes changed lyrically since the inflow of money.

But really bro,whats ur take on the Kanye/Fiddy" feud"?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ Eldee,

Letz face it. . . . . Kingdom Come is the wackest album from Jay-Z.
Goodness me, he saved himself with American Gangstar which was aiiiiight.
How can anyone compare Kingdom Come to MASSACRE??  St. Valentine's Day Massacre??
Tracks like "I'm supposed to die tonight", "Ski-Mask way" "Get in ma Car" "Hate It Or Love It" G-unit remix!!!

I am not saying Massacre is 5 mics but it is at least 3.5 mics and Kingdom Come is just one mic!!!

@ Kay_ Pumpin,

Trust me, i was just yanking Kaydee's chain. . . . . . .Jadakiss is a very good rapper.
His lyrics just flow and his voice is so captivating u are forced to listen to what he is talking about.
His biggest problem is barking the wrong tree. . . . A Rapper as talented as that should get a better production outfit.

The D-block project ain't working. . . . .He should try something else.
Dr Dre tried Firm project in 1997(Nas, AZ and Foxxy Brown). . . . It was mediocre at best but couldn't match top dogs then and he changed.
Rappers must learn to adapt and go for it.

50 and Kanye only had SoundScan wars. . . . .Nuthing personal.
At the end of the day, I heard Roc-a-fella records cheated. Jigga n co were buying their own albums to push the sales up.
Till today, i still feel Curtis' lyrical value is better than Kanye's . . .
Kanye West is just there. . . . . He is not particularly ma kinda rapper.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2008
Hannibal: 50 killed Ja Rule on "Back Down" in Get Rich Album. . . . .
Nah . . . you can't say that, Ja was still aight till he released a whole beef album after he telling Fiddy the war was over

In fact the nail on Ja's coffin was the Tupac track, Busta had to come in

kaypumpin: @ least he did a good one "why" track
Did good?
He was flawless!!! Infact I still find it hard to choose who was best on the remix

Tell me why is it the money motivates me but the love keeps me grounded

Kiss is one of the best punchline rappers of our time

Hannibal: 50 and Kanye only had SoundScan wars. . . . .Nuthing personal.
At the end of the day, I heard Roc-a-fella records cheated. Jigga n co were buying their own albums to push the sales up.
Till today, i still feel Curtis' lyrical value is better than Kanye's . . .
Kanye West is just there. . . . . He is not particularly ma kind of rapper.
Come on, I know you hate Kanye, but nah . . . he was better than Fiddy in 2007
Just check out 'Homecoming', where he used some topnotch narratives you won't see in modern times
'Can't tell me nothing' too was nice, like many others

Letz face it. . . . . Kingdom Come is the wackest album from Jay-Z.
Goodness me, he saved himself with American Gangstar which was aiiiiight.
How can anyone compare Kingdom Come to MASSACRE?? St. Valentine's Day Massacre??
Tracks like "I'm supposed to die tonight", "Ski-Mask way" "Get in ma Car" "Hate It Or Love It" G-unit remix!!!
You won't force me to compare them cheesy
I'll jst leave it there, JayZ was too lazy on that album
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaypumpin2(m): 11:22pm On Jul 04, 2008
kanye is a conscientious rapper.Listen to Diaminds are forever.Hes one of the best around for now when and if he decides to spit.

Eldee?is it you with trybes?
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 11:26pm On Jul 04, 2008
eldee:

Nah . . . you can't say that, Ja was still aight till he released a whole beef album after he telling Fiddy the war was over
In fact the nail on Ja's coffin was the Tupac track, Busta had to come in

"Back Down" was great. . . . He called Ja a cookie monster and he said he would "JET LI" his ass.
What about "Ya Life Is On The Line". . . . . "Murder, i don't believe u MURDER . . . . "
He smashed MURDER INC's spine into atoms.

Come on, I know you hate Kanye, but nah . . . he was better than Fiddy in 2007
Just check out 'Homecoming', where he used some topnotch narratives you won't see in modern times
'Can't tell me nothing' too was nice, like many others

How was he better?? Have u heard "Fully Loaded Clip", "Amusement Park" and "Straight To The Bank"??
These are songs for the O.Gz . . . .Kanye raps for White America(not even Eminem does that)
His lyrics are too CLEAN. . . . . . . .I heard they play Kanye's albums in American Banks n Insurance companies.

You won't force me to compare them cheesy
I'll jst leave it there, JayZ was too lazy on that album

Jigga was wack on that album. . . . . ."Too lazy" flatters him!!
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2008
kay_pumpin: Eldee?is it you with trybes?
Hehehe . . . nah cheesy

Hannibal: How was he better?? Have u heard "Fully Loaded Clip", "Amusement Park" and "Straight To The Bank"??
These are songs for the O.Gz . . . .Kanye raps for White America(not even Eminem does that)
His lyrics are too CLEAN. . . . . . . .I heard they play Kanye's albums in American Banks n Insurance companies.
Blasphemy!!! how can you say 'his lyrics are too clean'?
Because he refused to do the whole same old 'pussy' 'murder' thing doesn't mean he's wack
I'll say, his lines were calculated

I think America just got tired of Fiddy's 'I'm rich but I'll kill' lines
Let me just wait for the G-unit tracks you'll send, I don't see myself buying that album grin
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaydee(m): 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2008
@ Hannibal
Lol! You always crack me up.If anybody's gonna tell me i know nuthin bout hip-Hop,it will never be you and the only thing you know is Man Utd,remain there.I'll listen when people like Point 45 or Po Deep tell me i know nuthin,not U, In fact,don't make me take ur blasphemies outta nairaland.
Listen to "Checkmate" That's what a beef track should be like.Even Ja's verse on "New York" murdered the whole "Back down" track. Go Listen to Fat Joe's "My 44"
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 11:46pm On Jul 04, 2008
eldee:

I think America just got tired of Fiddy's 'I'm rich but I'll kill' lines
Let me just wait for the G-unit tracks you'll send, I don't see myself buying that album grin

I won't even say anything again about TOS(Terminate On Sight).
Go to itunes and read people's reviews. . . . .That should give u an idea.
Blimey.  . . . . . Tony Yayo sounded better than 2pac and Eminem. . . . . .He was flowing with Venom.
Fiddy with his tooth-induced guttural voice was killing it and Lloyd Banks was flawless.

Anyone without that album is not a RAP head.

@ Kaydee,

New York was dope but they were so scared they couldn't even mention 50's name.
I got 100 guns n 100 clips i am from NY. . . . . . Tell me, where is 50 from? Ajegunle?? grin cheesy

Go and listen to Hail Mary diss. . . . . .(never mind Piggy Bank).

"Motherfuckas thinkin' they can stop 50, they losin' it
Lil' nigga named Ja think he live like me
Talkin' about he left the hospital took nine like me
You livin' fantasies nigga, I been checkin' deposit
When your lil' sweet ass gon' come out of the closet
" . . . . .This is what i called BEEF not New York!!!!

Point 45 and Po Deep?? Go bring em and letz see who knows more about Rap!!!!
Stick to your Soulja Boy and Lil' Wayne.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by skingo(m): 11:55pm On Jul 04, 2008
omo na jayz oh
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaydee(m): 12:37am On Jul 05, 2008
@ Hannibal
They did enough to spark a reply from 50,names ain't that important in battles

Lol! And U stick to ur 50 cent music! lol
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 12:53am On Jul 05, 2008
kaydee:

@ Hannibal
They did enough to spark a reply from 50,names ain't that important in battles

50 doesn't wait before he attacks.
He dissed Nas, P.Diddy and now Lil Wayne. . . . .I can't remember any of those dissing him.
Recently, he killed Alicia Keys when the wench said Gangstar Rap is killing Black people that it should be banned.
Fiddy tore into her with venom and said she is an IDIOT.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by kaydee(m): 1:37am On Jul 05, 2008
Hannibal:

50 doesn't wait before he attacks.
He dissed Nas, P.Diddy and now Lil Wayne. . . . .I can't remember any of those dissing him.

Nas did and he kept quiet ever since. He don't want it with Nas

"Don't Body Ya self (MC Burial)"

", Niggaz don't want beef they vegetarian
Scared of pussy you climbed out a caesarian, "

", they say Jada defeated em, Joe too street for em
What’s next, I guess it’s for Nas to ETHER em, "

"see you're a sucka for death if im a sucka for love, "

My last words for U and they really Papoose's but modified by me

"U wanna learn U starvin for knowledge I'm a feed 'ya
But if U wise I'm hungry for for knowledge I'm a eat 'ya
If you was manifestin all them lessons that you readin
You wouldn't even believe in the teachings that you preachin"
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 4:51am On Jul 05, 2008
kaydee:

Nas did and he kept quiet ever since. He don't want it with Nas

"Don't Body Ya self (MC Burial)"

", Niggaz don't want beef they vegetarian
Scared of pussy you climbed out a caesarian, "

", they say Jada defeated em, Joe too street for em
What’s next, I guess it’s for Nas to ETHER em, "

"see you're a sucka for death if im a sucka for love, "

My last words and they really Papoose's but modified by me

"You want to learn You starvin for knowledge I'm a feed 'ya
But if You wise I'm hungry for for knowledge I'm a eat 'ya
If you was manifestin all them lessons that you readin
You wouldn't even believe in the teachings that you preachin"

Can u decipher your own drivel?
How does this relate to the argument??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 10:56pm On Jul 05, 2008
@Hannibal, let's be honest here, fiddy is wack. He used to be good but 'curtis' was bullshit, no kidding eg. 'Ayo technology' (what's that?), 'follow my lead'. Kanye west won, plain and simple. Rocafella records bought kanye's album??, what a joke! I just looked below ur user name and you stay in UK, how do u know all this? No, seriously. Kanye was better than 50 in '07, just accept it. And about Kanye's lyrics being too clean, big lie. He curses a whole lot! I never heard his songs at no bank, who feeds u all these lies? cheesy. To be honest, I don't care about kanye's music either but u gotta admit he killed 50 last year. Truth is nobody feels fiddy's music anymore. His music is meant for OGs my ass. The G-unit crew are homo thugs.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 1:33am On Jul 06, 2008
chiogo:

@Hannibal, let's be honest here, fiddy is wack. He used to be good but 'curtis' was bullshit, no kidding eg. 'Ayo technology' (what's that?), 'follow my lead'. Kanye west won, plain and simple. Rocafella records bought kanye's album??, what a joke! I just looked below your user name and you stay in UK, how do u know all this? No, seriously. Kanye was better than 50 in '07, just accept it. And about Kanye's lyrics being too clean, big lie. He curses a whole lot! I never heard his songs at no bank, who feeds u all these lies? cheesy. To be honest, I don't care about kanye's music either but u gotta admit he killed 50 last year. Truth is nobody feels fiddy's music anymore. His music is meant for OGs my ass. The G-unit crew are homo thugs.

Fiddy is wack because "CURTIS" didn't slam 5 mics?? Thatz the joke of the century.
What about his other albums?? Get Rich. . . ., Massacre and The Soundtrack of his motion picture??
Seriously, go n listen to T.O.S.(that should convince u).

What has where i reside gotta do with ma vault of information?? Chiogo. . . . .don't make me leave a gash on ur pretty face.
Kanye is this, Kanye is that. . . . . Kanye is wack!!!!
Nobody feels Fiddy anymore so who buys his album? Poltergeists or Fallen Angels??
G-unit are homo thugz?? Vivica Fox didn't see it that way and i can bet Ciara is not seeing it that way too. cool
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by bgees(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2008
Looks like we are neva gonna convince Hannibal that 50 is wack.

Is anyone anticipating NaS' ''NaS" album set to be out on july 15.
I heard d White House called Def Jam in a bid to ensure NaS renames his album.
The album includes guest appearances from busta rhymes,chris brown ,keri hilson.
Honestly ,i 'm a bit worried for d guy. Its been 14 yrs since he droppd the monster ILLMATIC and he needs to go out on a high. He'll be 35 this year. How would a '40 yr old rapper' sound like? NaS fans all over want another classic ending,a grand opening in d release of illmatic needs another grand closing. Just like jigga said on encore,'GRAND OPENING,GRANG CLOSING'
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by chiogo(f): 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2008
Hannibal:

Fiddy is wack because "CURTIS" didn't slam 5 mics?? Thatz the joke of the century.
What about his other albums?? Get Rich. . . ., Massacre and The Soundtrack of his motion picture??
Seriously, go n listen to T.O.S.(that should convince u).

What has where i reside gotta do with ma vault of information?? Chiogo. . . . .don't make me leave a gash on your pretty face.
Kanye is this, Kanye is that. . . . . Kanye is wack!!!!
Nobody feels Fiddy anymore so who buys his album? Poltergeists or Fallen Angels??
G-unit are homo thugz?? Vivica Fox didn't see it that way and i can bet Ciara is not seeing it that way too. cool
Umm, we're talking about the 'Curtis' album here 'innit'? tongue and that's where Kanye West comes in. Like i said, Fiddy used to be ill, no kidding. Remember 'Many men', 'In da club', 'P.I.M.P' but now, he's just there. Vivica Fox didn't see him that way? i guess that's why she dumped his ass.
FYI, he's not dating Ciara. I know there were lots of rumors after Ciara's 'Can't leave 'em alone' video but she refuted all the claims and i heard
she dissed 50 for talking shit about how he's dating her on TV. Ok, am done with this issue. Don't nobody care bout 50 cent.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 3:24am On Jul 07, 2008
chiogo:

Umm, we're talking about the 'Curtis' album here 'innit'? tongue and that's where Kanye West comes in. Like i said, Fiddy used to be ill, no kidding. Remember 'Many men', 'In da club', 'P.I.M.P' but now, he's just there. Vivica Fox didn't see him that way? i guess that's why she dumped his ass.
FYI, he's not dating Ciara. I know there were lots of rumors after Ciara's 'Can't leave 'em alone' video but she refuted all the claims and i heard
she dissed 50 for talking shit about how he's dating her on TV. Ok, am done with this issue. Don't nobody care bout 50 cent.

Vivica dumped 50 or Fiddy kicked her to the curb??
Fiddy had to get a restraining order on her for stalking. cheesy cheesy
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 9:10am On Jul 07, 2008
Hannibal, with the last two posts from Chiogo and the last from Bgees, I thought you got the point that nobody is interested in this Fiddy argument anymore. If the topic here is Nas V. Jay-Z, I think you should create another thread for your man Fiddy. I'll give you suggestions:

50 Cent: Best Rapper In World History

50 Cent Against The World

50 Cent: World Heavyweight Champion

50 Cent: The Future of Rap
grin grin grin grin grin

Methinks we've had enough of this Fiddy chap, if we go on like this; we ain't never go' stop.

I think we should discuss Nas' anticipated album.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Hannibal: 6:20pm On Jul 07, 2008
Very Funny!!! grin cheesy

Nas' album will be released on the 15th of July. . . .
I hope the album lives up to it's hype. . . . .so much controversies about it already.
Heard THE WHITE HOUSE called Def Jam concerning the title of the album. . . whatz all that about??
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Hannibal
I still cant believe you class Massacre as a hip hop album that album was shyte forget the sales thats where Fiddy's decline began Get in my Car? Ski Mask way? post their lyrics! they are all weak tracks and you know it! no real hip hop head can take that album serious the only good track was Piggy Bank which was a diss record i could also manage God Save me Style but if you ask me that album killed Fiddy's street cred comparing it to Kingdom Come is fallacy

@eldee
Its obvious you are Jigga hater but please Kingdom Come was not his worst effort with tracks like Lost Ones,Beach Chair,Do you wanna ride? even Hollywood was not your average track

I heard Nas's album has been leaked already
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by bgees(m): 1:41pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hannibal:

Very Funny!!! grin cheesy

Heard THE WHITE HOUSE called Def Jam concerning the title of the album. . . whatz all that about??

i mean, everyone got involved in trying to make NaS drop the ''nigger '' title including the u.s government.

the album is to be released untitled.

one of the hit tacks''be a nigger too'' did'nt make the final cut because NaS and his people couldnt the sampling rights from Dr Pepper sorted in time.
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Bamsyle(m): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2008
mean, everyone got involved in trying to make NaS drop the ''nigger '' title including the u.s government.

the album is to be released untitled.

That's right.

Also, album release date: Tuesday, July 15 2008
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2008
I have heard Hero and a few other tracks not bad not bad at all
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 10:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
A-40:

@eldee
Its obvious you are Jigga hater but please Kingdom Come was not his worst effort with tracks like Lost Ones,Beach Chair,Do you want to ride? even Hollywood was not your average track
I didn't even see this post till now
Moi? Jigga Hater? Nah . . . I respect Hov like hell!!!
You'll prolly notice that some of my sigs have been from him, he's legendary . . . fact

But now I'm just telling the truth
Tell me any Jigga album that Kingom Come can compete with?

Forget the fact that Kingdom Come sold double plat, compare it to American Ganster

Come on?

I don't think it's meant to be, be
But she loves her work more than she does me
And honestly, at twenty-three
I would probably love my work more than I did she
So we, ain't we
It's me, and her
'Cause what she prefers over me, is work
And that's, where we, differ
So I have to give her
Free, time, even if it hurts
So breathe, mami, it's deserved
You've been put on this earth to be
All you can be, like the reserves
And me? My time in the army, it's served
So I have to allow she, her, time to serve

That's from Jay on Lost Ones, tell me that's not mediocre?
Tell me that's what to expect from the god-rapper?

Don't let me post Lyrics from the other ones you listed
Hov knows he wasn't at his best there . . .
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by Fadajasi(m): 12:19am On Jul 17, 2008
Interesting so far
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2008
@eldee
I am also confused as well.I do disagree with you he was lacklustre in Blueprint 2 anyone who listens to Jay will be quick to tell you he watered down a bit in that album but it was still a good one

Why did you post out verse 2 of the song why didnt you put verse 3 was verse 3 weak too?besides whats wrong with that verse you cant tell me that didnt make sense
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 12:50am On Jul 18, 2008
A-40:

@eldee
I am also confused as well.I do disagree with you he was lacklustre in Blueprint 2 anyone who listens to Jay will be quick to tell you he watered down a bit in that album but it was still a good one

Why did you post out verse 2 of the song why didnt you put verse 3 was verse 3 weak too?besides whats wrong with that verse you can't tell me that didnt make sense
Jay Z was lacklusture on Blueprint 2? C'mon man!!!
The Curse was Jay Z at his angriest . . . ever!!!
All 'em Takeover times he was just having a laugh . . . You can't put them on the same level
KIngdom come is Hov's laziest album EVER!!! The famous guest appearances couldn't cover it up

I put up Lost Ones because it's the best song on the album
I couldn't post Verse 3 cus that was some personal shit from him

And tell you what's wrong with the verse two?
He was spitting 'English' . . . he was doing what Lil Wayne coulda done
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2008
@eldee
I beg to differ thanks for using that word laziest as we know laziest doesnt mean worst the album was rushed no doubt but its still a very good album and as much as i like Lost Ones i insist Beach Chair was probably the best on that album go and take a listen to that song again (the one with the Chris Martin)

What did you expect him to spit? Ebonics cmon even an infant would be able to grasp what he was implying and that is the beauty of the song

I am not a Lil Wayne fan as such but i have copped the Carter 3 and it murders T.O.S with a chain-saw Lil Wayne has stepped his game up
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by eldee(m): 6:27pm On Jul 18, 2008
@A-40
Is that not exactly what I've been emphasizing?
He was lazy . . . he was not spurred by anything
Nas had just released one of the most boring albums ever

Other albums had been spurred by either the need to make money . . . or just the rivalry with Nas

Yeah . . . I knew Beach Chair was the best on the album, was just hoping you didn't notice cheesy
But Lost Ones is a close second and it had a whole crap verse . . . c'mon
And the rest of the album was like some prose like that

Come . . . you know I don't like Fiddy right?
I said I respected Get Rich Or Die Trying . . . and that's all
Re: Nas Vs Jayz by A40(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2008
@eldee
Naah dont make it sound like Nas was a big factor Blueprint 2 and one had just one track in each of them referring to Nas you are making it sound like Ja who did a whole diss album for Fiddy which was a dumb move if you ask me

How would i not have noticed Beach Chair?That Coldplay instrumental alone will get any good rapper fired up to spit lava

Ok he was lazy i agree but it wasnt the worst lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Throwback: Download All Dagrin Music Here / Runtown Tops At Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2017 (full List Of Winners) / Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.