Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History (40174 Views)

Victor Osimhen Becomes Africa' all-time leading goalscorer In The Serie A / Olivier Giroud Surpasses Henry, Becomes France's All-time Leading Goalscorer / Cristiano Ronaldo Is Football's All-time Leading Goalscorer In Competitive Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by obembet(f): 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo has made in history after becoming the all-time top goalscorer in football after scoring for Juventus in their clash against Napoli.

The 35-year-old was expected to reach the stunning landmark against Inter on Sunday after edging closer to history by scoring against Sassuolo last week to level to record.

But the legendary Juve forward waited for the big occasion in the Italian Super Cup and duly delievered against Gennaro Gattuso's men as he found the back of the net - sending his special career to new incredible heights.

That effort moved him above Josef Bican - with the Austrian-Czech striker scoring 759 goals between 1931 and 1955.

Ronaldo now has 760 goals in his storied career and is only bound to extend that record as he continues to shine at the summit of world football.

Only his eternal rival Lionel Messi looks capable of surpassing his record. The Barcelona and Argentina superstar has 715 career goals for club and country but has played just under 150 games fewer so far and, being two years Ronaldo's junior, has time on his side.

However, for now this record belongs to Ronaldo. The forward, who turns 36 on February 5, has written his name in the record books across a career that has seen him excel at Sporting Lisbon, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus and Portugal.

On January 3, Ronaldo moved himself above three-time Brazil World Cup winner Pele (757 career goals) into second on this list following a brace in a 4-1 Serie A home win over Udinese.

That placed him on 758 career goals and he equalled Bican's feat with a injury-time right-footed strike during Juve's 3-1 home win over 10-man Sassuolo in Serie A on January 10.

When you breakdown Ronaldo's goalscoring numbers - they emphasise how complete a footballer he truly is.

His jaw-dropping tally isn't just stacked by his favoured right foot. He scores six of every 10 goals with this body part, but almost two in 10 with his left and two in 10 with his head. One goal came off his elbow, against Athletic Bilbao in the 2014-15 season, and another rebounded in off his groin for Manchester United against West Ham in 2008.

Unsurprisingly the majority of his goals have come from open play - 569 of them, a stonking 75 per cent.

Penalties account for 18 per cent of his goals, while he has scored 57 from free-kicks.

And home comforts don't skew the numbers either. Only 54.80 per cent of his goals have been scored in home fixtures, while 40 per cent have come on the road.

Neutral grounds - international tournaments, cup finals - have accounted for 45 goals, a touch over five per cent.

But the secrets behind Ronaldo's remarkable record mean that, even well into his mid-thirties, he could feasibly still have another five years in him at the top level.

He has shown little sign of slowing down; instead he has refined his game from being a dynamic all-round superstar into the ultimate goal machine.

Ronaldo will be hoping to carry on his record-breaking form on Sunday evening next at Serie A title rivals Inter Milan.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1352017448652984328?s=19

82 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Kilishihunter: 11:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
Well even though I'm a Messi fan I have to admit without duress that Ronaldo is the greatest goal scorer in the history of this sport Congrats on this significant Record CR7

366 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by obembet(f): 11:42pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kilishihunter:
Well even though I'm a Messi fan I have to admit without duress that Ronaldo is the greatest goal scorer in the history of this sport Congrats on this significant Record CR7

My father told me about Pelé, I will tell my kids about this guy CR7

Lalasticlala

328 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by omonla10(m): 11:43pm On Jan 20, 2021
Kilishihunter:
he is at best, on same scoring level to Messi, or even a step lower.. Check out their goals per game ratio to separate facts from emotions

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by frankmoney(m): 11:48pm On Jan 20, 2021
omonla10:
he is at best, on same scoring level to Messi, or even a step lower.. Check out their goals per game ratio to separate facts from emotions
una don come again o .... Messi has higher Per game ratio and still not higher than cr7 of what use is that ?

191 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Kilishihunter: 11:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
omonla10:
Which emotions Didn't you hear me say I'm a Messi fan Overall I think Messi is better and I know he has a better goal to game ratio than Ronaldo but Ronaldo has broken this record At least let's Accord him some respect

131 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by obembet(f): 11:50pm On Jan 20, 2021
omonla10:

760 - Cristiano Ronaldo
759 - Josef Bican
757 - Pele
743 - Romario
742 -
740 -
738 -
736 -
730 -
728 -
725 -
722 -
720 -
719 - Lionel Messi

Put RESPECT on the name wherever you come across RONALDO!!! The true GOAT

mynd44

Like for the king

321 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 20, 2021
Bro you have done well in the world of football , nobody will break this record again

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 11:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
obembet:

760 - Cristiano Ronaldo
759 - Josef Bican
757 - Pele
743 - Romario
742 -
740 -
738 -
736 -
730 -
728 -
725 -
722 -
720 -
719 - Lionel Messi

Put RESPECT on the name wherever you come across RONALDO!!! The true GOAT

mynd44

Like for the king

Ronaldo has played over 150 matches more than Messi. Messi has a better goal per game ratio.

Until Ronaldo scores 91 goals in a calendar year,until he wins the European golden boot six times then Messi remains the greatest goal-scorer ever.

Have some shame, penaldo fanboy.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Kilishihunter: 11:55pm On Jan 20, 2021
obembet:

Lalasticlala
Nice one It was a pleasure watching both him and Messi in this era

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by TangoPredict(f): 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
Penaldo the goat...

Oil dey your head grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
frankmoney:
una don come again o .... Messi has higher Per game ratio and still not higher than cr7 of what use is that ?

Baba na common sense to know say na who play more matches supposed get more goals.

28 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Beverlyjean(f): 12:00am On Jan 21, 2021
omonla10:

Puskas has a better goal ratio than messi as well ...but messi has more goals...no one cares about ratio...its only u messi fans that keep up bringing rubbish to the table.....if its not assist, its shots on target or best play maker

Modified.... no one in this forum watched biscan play , only a few watched Maradona or pele.. van Basten ,cruyff, di stefano , puskas , but they were all remembered for the goals they scored and trophies won...no one knows about the assists they made or shots on target or number of players they dribbled...there's a French player that scored about 12 goals or so in a single world cup , he has the best goal per game ratio in a world Cup but never won an international trophy, no one remembers him compared to pele or Maradona or de Lima... posterity will eventually judge ....generations to come will here the name Christiano Ronaldo, the only soccer star to have a brand name( CR7 )... many decades later, people will hear about him and ask about him more in England , Spain, Italy and Portugal cos he broke records everywhere he played...messi will only b remembered in Spain and barca... no different from di stefano... di stefano is argentine just like Maradona...but argentines only worship Maradona... if Messi don't win any international trophy just like those greats mentioned, sorry to say , he will just end up like just a another excellent player during his days... kanu, okocha , yekini are still on ur lips , but the fans for the clubs they played for have started to forget them

232 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by frankmoney(m): 12:02am On Jan 21, 2021
Beverlyjean:

Puskas has a better goal ratio than messi as well ...but messi has more goals...no one cares about ratio...its only u messi fans that keep up bringing rubbish to the table.....if its not assist, its shots on target or best play maker
I just tire for them

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Bomboiy: 12:02am On Jan 21, 2021
Beverlyjean:

How is Ronaldo a better goal-scorer when Messi has more golden boots?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by udoka55555: 12:04am On Jan 21, 2021
Best of the best

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Liposure: 12:04am On Jan 21, 2021
Ronaldo is prolific no doubt but messi remains the greatest of all time.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by kenzysmith: 12:31am On Jan 21, 2021
obembet:

Lalasticlala
Don't forget to tell your children you were age mates sha

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Dayoebe(m): 12:41am On Jan 21, 2021
One is GOAT While the other is mosquito

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by kayusely70(m): 1:42am On Jan 21, 2021
The Real GOAT!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Elzakzaky: 1:51am On Jan 21, 2021
cc Gamesmart won't be happy with this good news
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by ekaette1621: 3:36am On Jan 21, 2021
No matter the number of goals that this goat wannabe scores, he can never be like the real goat.

anyway,
i smile in a Fulani way

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Houseofglam7(f): 4:43am On Jan 21, 2021
cool
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by GeneralPula: 4:44am On Jan 21, 2021
Ororo the king !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Nobody: 4:44am On Jan 21, 2021
I was waiting for this news, ronaldo continues to prove that you need you more than you need them.
They said he was finished when he left man U he proved them wrong, they said he was finished when he left Madrid he is proving them wrong again.
Goat for a reason at 36 in few days and still doing wonders.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by XXLMANDIGO: 4:44am On Jan 21, 2021
No one does it better cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Abovebest(m): 4:46am On Jan 21, 2021
Congratulations CR7

Working hard pays

Ambassador of grass to grace
Ambassador of hard work pays
Ambassador of "you can achieve what you set your heart on"

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by Oris4show(m): 4:47am On Jan 21, 2021
Congrats to you Cr7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by saheedbadmus(m): 4:48am On Jan 21, 2021
Congrats Greatest Of All time (GOAT)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by AMvanquish: 4:48am On Jan 21, 2021
Hate him or love him. CR7 has set standards in this beautiful game. Im glad I witnessed the Glory of him & Messi in my lifetime. We may never see such greatness again. Just appreciate them both , they are both fucc!n good. Even though I think CR7 has an edge. Just fantastic.
They both deserve our utmost respect.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes The All-Time Leading Goalscorer In Football History by ikorodureporta: 4:48am On Jan 21, 2021
cheesy

ewure grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Venue For Anthony Joshua, Fury Fight Announced / Nigeria Vs Zambia: 1 - 0 - Who Was The Man Of The Match? / Samuel Chukwueze Praised After Impressive Display Against Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.