Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here (5993 Views)

English Premier League Can't Be Better Than La Liga / discuss the World Cup Team Lists / Serie A, Premiership, La Liga Or Bundesliga? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by medjai(m): 12:37am On Apr 23, 2011
Pharoh:

Saw the news already but i do not like how they want the team name to be changed, this is not good for la liga.
The clubs in England and other leagues do not have to change their names or is it because getafe is a small club? undecided

These three matches for the weekend will be very interesting, madrid might fed a weakened team or a strong team depending on their la liga goals. Valencia will not want to slip up because Villarreal will just pounce on the third position if they win their match against sevilla. Now to osasuna one of the teams that has been a stumbling block to real madrid this season, well barcelona should just be careful of this team because they are really good defensively and play on the counter as well. I believe sevilla is going to win or Villarreal will like to settle for a draw as they just want to maintain their fourth position and concentrate on the Europa league.

Anyway i am looking forward to these three matches starting from the valencia game.

Valencia ? - ? Real Madrid
Barcelona ? - ? Osasuna
Sevilla ? - ? Villarreal
My brother, I've never seen where that's is done o. I mean, clubs get taken over everyday but I have never heard a case where the club being taken over has to change its name. Getafe Team Dubai, wtf?
Meanwhile, there's really huge interest in Spanish footie coming from the Middle East, I wonder what's up.

As regards the weekend matches, Valencia vs Madrid is the pick of the bunch. Valencia are in form right now. 3 wins in their last 3 and of course, their is also red hot Soldado; 7 goals in his last 3 games. I'd go for a draw or Valencia win. I think Madrid have given up on winning league and I think they'll also rest key players ahead the CL clash with Barca and so they'll field a weakened side.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2011
^^
Madrid have only lost in one of the last six visits to the Mestalla. Seven if you count last Wednesday, only that the team wasn't Valencia cool
Let's see how this pans out.

As for Osasuna vs Barcelona . . . well, Camacho will be looking to get some revenge on Barca for staining his impeccable record at Pamplona December 4, when they literally got off the bus, wasted his team, and got back on. Let's hope Barca can shake off the Copa disappointment and pull their hats on for the league tie.

As per Getafe and the money men . . . are you serious? Getafe Club Dubai? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by Pharoh: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
Valencia is gone and this is good news for the champions league so only adan and pedro leon will be coming in for the second half. grin
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by medjai(m): 6:18pm On Apr 23, 2011
Soldado strikes again. . . Valencia 1 vs Madrid 5
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 2:39pm On May 02, 2011
Well, the heated events of last midweek kind of made us forget about the rest of La Liga.
We already know that the Big Two lost. We also know that Villareal's quest for Europa glory is all but over, courtesy a certain Mr Falcao.

Last weekend was rather interesting. Both Sociedad and Zaragoza got some valuable three points from the Big Two (Lord knows with their points haul they can both afford to give some away). Also, Valencia suffered a shock loss to Osasuna at Pamplona, and are now just three points above the Yellow Subs, who put their midweek horror behind them with a 2-1 victory at struggling Getafe.

Malaga also managed a win (3-1) over Hercules, their first break in ages.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by mbulela: 4:03pm On May 06, 2011
glorified SPL tongue
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 4:20pm On May 06, 2011
mbulela:

glorified SPL tongue

The league where the best players in the world play?
EPL didn't even have a single player in the FIFA XI 2010. With all the mouth.

Where have you been anyways? Been a while.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by medjai(m): 6:09pm On May 07, 2011
Valencia are trouncing Sociedad 3-0. . . Soldado with a brace. The boy's scoring with ease.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 6:25pm On May 07, 2011
^^
Hardly a hope of Villareal catching them for 3rd.

@Topic,
In search of the Holy Grail yet again:
Porto's Falcao linked with Real Madrid transfer
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by Pharoh: 6:34pm On May 07, 2011
The quest for Europe is really showing in today's matches and some clubs need to fight the relegation battle with all they have right now.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 11:23pm On May 07, 2011
Pharoh:

The quest for Europe is really showing in today's matches and some clubs need to fight the relegation battle with all they have right now.

I think we can safely discount Sevilla from that. Sorry, Ruudie. cool
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by Pharoh: 9:07pm On May 21, 2011
The relegation and europa league spot battle is on in la liga, who is going down and who is qualifying to europe. I am routing for A.madrid because we damn need two clubs in europe if valencia can have two teams.

You can follow the live table as the match progresses from this link.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/live/_/league/esp.1/spanish-primera-division?cc=5739
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 9:49pm On May 21, 2011
I'm not too pleased that Bilbao are back in Europe. They are unlikely to do well in the Europa League. But let's see.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by mbulela: 11:01pm On May 21, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I'm not too pleased that Bilbao are back in Europe. They are unlikely to do well in the Europa League. But let's see.
my oga, please check your mail box.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by switch47(m): 11:09pm On May 21, 2011
Cristiano Ronaldo now has 40 league goals [/b]this season and is in pole position to win the Pichichi

Ronaldo, who had scored nine goals in his previous three games heading into Saturday's fixture, has now [b]netted 53 in all competitions for Madrid this season.
Congrats to CR9!!
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 11:28pm On May 21, 2011
^^
You mean CR7.
I don't know why they keep listing him as a 'midfielder'. He scores goals with reckless abandon.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by switch47(m): 7:30am On May 22, 2011
AjanleKoko:

^^
You mean CR7.
I don't know why they keep listing him as a 'midfielder'. He scores goals with reckless abandon.
That is why i call him CR9!!
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by medjai(m): 9:31am On May 22, 2011
Deportivo have been relegated. 11 years after they won the league and 7 years after they reached the CL semis. . . very sad. I hope they get back up next season.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by Pharoh: 10:52am On May 22, 2011
^^

I really hope they comeback and maybe Sevilla will take the third slot for Europa league qualification since they were in the semis with Almeria who has been relegated now. Real betis, real vallencano and a third team from the playoffs will be promoted to laliga.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 5:04pm On May 22, 2011
After 2 decades in the top flight, Super Depor finally go down. Tragic, for a team that paraded once the likes of Jardel and Bebeto, and the team where Rivaldo cut his teeth.

As for Hercules, one expected some more for them after they surprisingly beat Barca in Journada 2. I wonder what happens to Nelson Valdes, he's a very good player. Trezeguet was kind of washed out anyway.

Almeria is the most awful of the pack. Losing 8-0 to Barca at home, and 8-1 to Madrid away . . . really bad form. But surprisingly they did well in the Copa, getting all the way to the semis. I wonder what happens to our Kalu Uche. I hope another La Liga side picks him up.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by Pharoh: 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2011
I think we should resurrect this thread so we can follow all matches and news relating to la liga.

La Liga is the biggest joke in the world' - Sevilla president lashes out at Real Madrid - Barcelona domination

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/08/30/2643085/la-liga-is-the-biggest-joke-in-the-world-sevilla-president
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 8:08pm On Aug 30, 2011
Pharoh:

I think we should resurrect this thread so we can follow all matches and news relating to la liga.

La Liga is the biggest joke in the world' - Sevilla president lashes out at Real Madrid - Barcelona domination

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2011/08/30/2643085/la-liga-is-the-biggest-joke-in-the-world-sevilla-president

Fully agree mate.
On this La Liga domination thing, I think possibly what some of the other clubs need is better management. When you think about the turbulent 90s, and you had the likes of Jesus Gil running Athletico Madrid, he built them into a serious side back then.

Of course the TV rights is an issue, but the problem is, the best players in the world is what TV wants to see right now. They want to see Messi and Ronaldo, Kaka, Xavi, Iniesta, etc. Doesn't help either that some of the very good Spaniards, like Silva, Mata, etc, are also moving to England.

Sevilla is a former winner in Europe, and so is Athletico Madrid. How have they developed from there?
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by medjai(m): 9:41am On Aug 31, 2011
Even though I'm in support of the joint tv deal, the truth is, it's not likely to change things so much.
TV money aside, Barca and Real make tonnes of cash from gate receipts, merchandising, sponsorship, etc. They are some of the most profitable sport franchises in the world. Barca has a deal with Qatar Foundation worth £125m(£25m p/a for 6 years) and Madrid's deal with Bwin is worth £20m p/a till 2013 and they just signed another deal with Fly Emirates. . . If there's a joint tv deal, how much will the likes of Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal possibly make? They don't even have a major shirt sponsor and that's the problem. They need to find a means to generate money.
Most of these La Liga clubs are poorly ran. Asides Barca and Real, Getafe are the only club properly managed and are making profit. Sevilla made some good money from the sales of Alves, Baptista, Ramos, Keita, Adriano, etc and they're still in huge debts.
Valencia were busy spending money they don't have that plunged them in debts. They signed Joaquin for €25m from Betis, Manuel Fernandes for €18m. They signed that Nigerian that represented Spain at youth level, Sunny, for some ridiculous fee. Their plans to move into a new stadium, Nou Mestalla, have been abandoned because of debts.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by AjanleKoko: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2011
medjai:

Even though I'm in support of the joint tv deal, the truth is, it's not likely to change things so much.
TV money aside, Barca and Real make tonnes of cash from gate receipts, merchandising, sponsorship, etc. They are some of the most profitable sport franchises in the world. Barca has a deal with Qatar Foundation worth £125m(£25m p/a for 6 years) and Madrid's deal with Bwin is worth £20m p/a till 2013 and they just signed another deal with Fly Emirates. . . If there's a joint tv deal, how much will the likes of Sevilla, Valencia, Villareal possibly make? They don't even have a major shirt sponsor and that's the problem. They need to find a means to generate money.
Most of these La Liga clubs are poorly ran. Asides Barca and Real, Getafe are the only club properly managed and are making profit. Sevilla made some good money from the sales of Alves, Baptista, Ramos, Keita, Adriano, etc and they're still in huge debts.
Valencia were busy spending money they don't have that plunged them in debts. They signed Joaquin for €25m from Betis, Manuel Fernandes for €18m. They signed that Nigerian that represented Spain at youth level, Sunny, for some ridiculous fee. Their plans to move into a new stadium, Nou Mestalla, have been abandoned because of debts.

It's a reflection of the Spanish economy, and the way they do business.
That's why, outside England, the only profitable league is the Bundesliga.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by medjai(m): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
Valencia have signed Antonio Barragan from Valladolid and ex Barca canterano, Vitor Ruiz from Napoli. Ruiz joined Napoli from Espanyol in January.
Long standing right-back, Miguel Brito is likely to be released.
Good thing Valencia have decided to strengthen their defence. They have a very poor defence.
They've made some very interesting signings this window bringing in Pablo Piatti, Dani Parejo, Sergio Canales(loan), Adil Rami, Diego Alves and they've promoted the very promising Paco Alcacer from their youth team and also Juan Bernat.
They did very well against Santander in the weekend coming from 3-1 down to win 4-3. Soldado scored a hatrick and also an own goal. He was also the captain. Their defence was the real problem. All the goals they conceded were defensive blunders.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by medjai(m): 11:05am On Sep 01, 2011
Some deadline day deals:
Jonathan de Guzman to Villareal from Mallorca
Diego from Wolfsburg to Atletico(loan)
Ikechukwu Uche from Zaragoza to Villareal. Villareal has loaned him to Granada.
Mohammed El Hammadoui to Espanyol from Ajax.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by usbcable(m): 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2011
http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item665039/Roig:-Change-or-La-Liga-will-die/

that is from the president of Villareal.
the other clubs are really trying their best but its just way off the minimum baseline for top flight football in europe.

I just hope the LFP will take note and supervise the league more better and objectively too.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by folahann(m): 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2011
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by Mcleo007(m): 11:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
Nice thread. A nice haven to discuss the beast league in the world.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by usbcable(m): 6:29am On Sep 04, 2011
Mcleo007:

Nice thread. A nice haven to discuss the beastbest league in the world.
cules and their terrible spellings sha undecided grin
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by Mcleo007(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2011
usbcable:

cules and their terrible spellings sha undecided grin

C'mon dude, we both know its a typographical error! The 'a' is a slight touch.
Re: La Liga Followers: Discuss The Current Season Here by usbcable(m): 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
just poking your eyes pulling your legs.lols grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lukas Podolski To Join Arsenal For An Undisclosed Fee / Richest Club In The World / Top 15 Most Hansome Footballers In The World? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.