Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,048 members, 7,807,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

How Can A Christian Be Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can A Christian Be Saved? (762 Views)

Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Christian Be Saved? by yommyuk: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2011
Matthew 19: 16
And behold, one came to Him and said, 'Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?'

We all know this story whereby at the end of the day the rich young man left in disappointment because he could not let go of his wealth and follow Jesus. Despite his claim of keeping the laws. Jesus told him that all of us are no good,but only one is good. Meaning before God, we are like filthy rags. Our righteous is not good enough. Oh Dear! embarassed

Back in the bible days, most Jews expected the rich to inherit eternal life, not because their wealth could buy their way in, but because their wealth testified to the blessing of the Lord on their lives." The same food of thought is in the body of Christ today, when people see a rich Christian they think that he/she must be doing something right. They are blessed. But  the scripture teaches that God reigns blessing on good and bad alike, so wealth does not necessarily signify that one is destined for the kingdom of God or not. Consider today's wealthy crime families and drug cartels. Are they going to inherit eternal life?

Matthew 19:23
"And Jesus said to His disciples, 'Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven."

Why?

James 2: 5
"Listen, my beloved brethren: did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who loved Him?"

'Listen', James says to his beloved, born-again Jewish believers, 'Didn't God choose the materially poor of this world and those who truly love Him, (which means obey Him, Jn 14:23-24), to be rich spiritually in faith, (Lk 6:20), and thereby become heirs, i.e., inheritors and co-rulers, of the world with the Lord Jesus Christ, (2 Tim 2:11-12, Eph 5:5; Mt 5:5, 10)?

In essence St James is indicating that material possessions are or can be a stumbling block to a believer's faithful life. How? Because the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the Word, and it becomes unfruitful.

Rev 3:17
"You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' but you do not realize that you are [spiritually and eternally] wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked."

Is there any hope for us who are rich? Even the disciples were astonished exceedingly when they heard these sayings, they asked Jesus, “'Then who can be saved?' The disciples agonized in their minds that if a rich man who appeared to keep the Law so well cannot qualify for eternal life, what chance did they have?

Matthew 19:26
"Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

It is therefore not possible within the capability of any man/woman to do what is necessary to be saved. Our Lord stated to the disciples that only God can save a man. Man can do nothing. So how does a man get saved specifically?

CONCLUSION

John 6:28-29
Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”  Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Eph 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

God bless wink
Re: How Can A Christian Be Saved? by bonetalk(m): 8:21am On Apr 03, 2011
Good one, more power to your elbow. May the grace of the lord be sufficient for us in Jesus name
Re: How Can A Christian Be Saved? by Yahuwfemi: 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2011
@ Yommyuk,

The right question should be "How Can a Man be Saved"?

The answer is in the scriptures but it has been covered up by the scholars and the Kings of the earth for their own glory (esteem)! This is wierd, isn't it? But wait on and read!

In these last days, there is so much confusion in Churches generally and that is the reason why we have innumerable denominations with different doctrinal beliefs and diverse theological perspective. However, we know this for sure, that the Most High is not an author of confusion (1 Coriinth 14:33)

First off, you have to understand that the English Bible was translated from the Hebrews and Greek Scriptures. You need to be aware that the words like God, Lord, Jesus & Christ stemmed from pagan sources!  When our Messiah walked the earth, he was not known as Je’sus Christ! This may shock you but it is the truth!  He was from the tribe of Judah (Yahudah) of ancient Israel.

Je'sus is a Latin name which was a "supposedly" transliteration of the Messiah's Hebrew name, not from the main source (which is Hebrew) but from another polluted language; Greek. If you would do your research on this one, you will find out that in the First edition of the King James Bible in 1611, the messiah's name was not Je'sus. You will find "Ieosus"! You will also be shocked that the letter J was the last alphabet added to the English alphabets and it was less than 500 years old!

So, this point to us that he was never called Je'sus! His name was in Hebrew and should be left in Hebrew tongue! Now, do me a favour, go look upon how the name Jesus is being written in the ancient or even some Bibles of today. It is written as "Je'sus (i.e Je and a suffix "sus"wink

This is a name in Latin! Check the meaning of "sus" in google translation and you will be shocked at what pops up into your face! The Pig!!!

This is the name you have been calling your Messiah which is a blasphemous name!!! They also told you that you could pronounce this name however you want in your own language thereby amounting to many blasphemous names!!! ( Rev. 17:3 "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

Since this name; Je'sus was derived from the Greek, many have speculated the possibility that it point towards "Zeus", who in Greek Mythology is the "father of gods and men" Zeus is one and the same Jupiter in Roman Mythology which means "godfather! It is also renderd in classical Latin as Iove or Jove, when pronounced would be Yahweh! This is another false name we were told to call upon by the religious leaders who are blind leading the blinds! 
Some say Je'sus means "hail Zeus" or "Ge-Zeus" but whatever it means, it did and does not convey the TRUE ESSENCE of the name of the Son of the Most High!

When Apostle Shaul(Paul) preached the gospel unto the Gentiles, i.e the Western world; they rebranded all the names according to their own local deities and forced their people to embrace the new found faith.   

For us to know the name of our Messiah in Hebrew, we need to go back to the Ancient Scriptures in Hebrew. As you would recall, our messiah said He came in His Father's name. So, what is His Father's name?

The Name of our Heavenly Father is written in the Hebrew Scriptures as יהוה ( Yod, Hay, Waw, Hay), reading from right to left, and is pronounced as YAHUWAH. I will implore you to go and do your research on the History of King James Version" or check the Preface of your KJV Bible if it has one, you will find that the translators admitted that they have removed our Heavenly Father's name;  יהוה which is rendered as 4 English letters YHWH (the tetragrammaton and substituted with a "device" called "The LORD", wherever it occurs in the scriptures.  Can you believe that our Heavenly Father's name appeared at least 6,823 times in the Scriptures! There has been an age-long conspiracy to hide His set-apart (holy) name from His people by the religious leaders of old and this irreverent act has continued till present time. "The Lord" is not a Name but a pagan title! Please check your Strong's Concordance Hebrew#1168; Lord=Ba'al

1 King 18:21 "And EliYah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if YaHuWaH be Elohim, follow him: but if the Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word."

See also Jeremiah 23:26-27 "How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten MY NAME for Baal."

The Father's name is erroneously renderd as "Jehovah" We know that this could not have been the case as letter J and V were not even in ancient or Paleo-Hebrew alphabets ! Letter J and V are recent yiddish influence on the Hebrew alphabet Yod and Waw respectively!

We have all been deceived for too long! We are instructed to study to show ourselves approved by the scriptures (2 Tim 2:15)

Let me inform you that the true name of our Saviour is YAHUWSHUWA (Not Jesus). The Son’s Name interprets as YaHuWaH is Salvation, which in Hebrew is written as יהושוע ( Yod, Hay, Waw, Shin, Waw, Ayin )reading from right to left, it is pronounced ; Yahuwshuwa ( or Yahushua). He is referred to as Yahuwshuwa Ha’Mashiyach (the Messiah). Remember Yahuwshua the Messiah said in John 5:43 “I am come in my Father's name ( Yahuwah is salvation), and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.” Think about that for a minute!

The word “God” was translated from a Hebrew Word;  אלוהים (Elohim, CORRECT RENDITION would be ALUAHYM) which has several connotations ; mighty one(s), an angel, judges, foreign mighty ones or deities. It also refers to the Most High Father, YAHUWAH.

YaHuWaH (Heavenly Father) also refers to His Son, YAHUWSHUWA as Elohim in the book of Hebrews 1:8 “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. “
In Conclusion, YaHuWaH, our Heavenly Father is the Supreme (True) Elohim! John 17:3 “ And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true Elohim, and Yahuwshuwa the Messiah, whom thou hast sent.”

THE TRUE NAMES ARE VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR SALVATION!

Act 4-12” Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is NONE OTHER NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

John 3:18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed IN THE NAME of the only begotten Son of YAHUWAH.”

John 17:11 “And now I am no more in the world, John 17:11 “And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through THINE OWN NAME which thou hast GIVEN ME, that they may be one, as we are.”

John “17:26 And I have declared unto them THY NAME, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Shalluwm!
Re: How Can A Christian Be Saved? by Joagbaje(m): 10:26pm On Apr 06, 2011
^^^^^

i agree with this phrase. a christian has received salvation. it is the sinners that needs to be saved. a christian who doesnt have assurance of his salvation. really have a big problem. it is by faith. you must know you have it. if not , you dont.

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you . . . that ye may know that ye have eternal life,
Re: How Can A Christian Be Saved? by yommyuk: 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2011
Yahuwfemi:

@ Yommyuk,

The answer is in the scriptures but it has been covered up by the scholars and the Kings of the earth for their own glory (esteem)! This is wierd, isn't it? But wait on and read!

In these last days, there is so much confusion in Churches generally and that is the reason why we have innumerable denominations with different doctrinal beliefs and diverse theological perspective. However, we know this for sure, that the Most High is not an author of confusion (1 Coriinth 14:33)

First off, you have to understand that the English Bible was translated from the Hebrews and Greek Scriptures. You need to be aware that the words like[b] God, Lord, Jesus & Christ stemmed from pagan sources[/b]! When our Messiah walked the earth, he was not known as Je’sus Christ! This may shock you but it is the truth! He was from the tribe of Judah (Yahudah) of ancient Israel.

Je'sus is a Latin name which was a "supposedly" transliteration of the Messiah's Hebrew name, not from the main source (which is Hebrew) but from another polluted language; Greek. If you would do your research on this one, you will find out that in the First edition of the King James Bible in 1611, the messiah's name was not Je'sus. You will find "Ieosus"! You will also be shocked that the letter J was the last alphabet added to the English alphabets and it was less than 500 years old!

So, this point to us that he was never called Je'sus! His name was in Hebrew and should be left in Hebrew tongue! Now, do me a favour, go look upon how the name Jesus is being written in the ancient or even some Bibles of today. It is written as "Je'sus (i.e Je and a suffix "sus"wink

This is a name in Latin! Check the meaning of "sus" in google translation and you will be shocked at what pops up into your face! The Pig!!!

This is the name you have been calling your Messiah which is a blasphemous name!!! They also told you that you could pronounce this name however you want in your own language thereby amounting to many blasphemous names!!! ( Rev. 17:3 "So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."

Since this name; Je'sus was derived from the Greek, many have speculated the possibility that it point towards "Zeus", who in Greek Mythology is the "father of gods and men" Zeus is one and the same Jupiter in Roman Mythology which means "godfather! It is also renderd in classical Latin as Iove or Jove, when pronounced would be Yahweh! This is another false name we were told to call upon by the religious leaders who are blind leading the blinds!
Some say Je'sus means "hail Zeus" or "Ge-Zeus" but whatever it means, it did and does not convey the TRUE ESSENCE of the name of the Son of the Most High!

When Apostle Shaul(Paul) preached the gospel unto the Gentiles, i.e the Western world; they rebranded all the names according to their own local deities and forced their people to embrace the new found faith.

For us to know the name of our Messiah in Hebrew, we need to go back to the Ancient Scriptures in Hebrew. As you would recall, our messiah said He came in His Father's name. [color=#990000][b]So, what is His Father's name?[/[/b]color]
The Name of our Heavenly Father is written in the Hebrew Scriptures as יהוה ( Yod, Hay, Waw, Hay), reading from right to left, and is pronounced as YAHUWAH. I will implore you to go and do your research on the History of King James Version" or check the Preface of your KJV Bible if it has one, you will find that the translators admitted that they have removed our Heavenly Father's name; יהוה which is rendered as 4 English letters YHWH (the tetragrammaton and substituted with a "device" called "The LORD", wherever it occurs in the scriptures. Can you believe that our Heavenly Father's name appeared at least 6,823 times in the Scriptures! There has been an age-long conspiracy to hide His set-apart (holy) name from His people by the religious leaders of old and this irreverent act has continued till present time. "The Lord" is not a Name but a pagan title! Please check your Strong's Concordance Hebrew#1168; Lord=Ba'al

1 King 18:21 "And EliYah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if YaHuWaH be Elohim, follow him: but if the Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word."

See also Jeremiah 23:26-27 "How long shall this be in the heart of the prophets that prophesy lies? yea, they are prophets of the deceit of their own heart; Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten MY NAME for Baal."

The Father's name is erroneously renderd as "Jehovah" We know that this could not have been the case as letter J and V were not even in ancient or Paleo-Hebrew alphabets ! Letter J and V are recent yiddish influence on the Hebrew alphabet Yod and Waw respectively!

We have all been deceived for too long! We are instructed to study to show ourselves approved by the scriptures (2 Tim 2:15)

Let me inform you that the true name of our Saviour is YAHUWSHUWA (Not Jesus). The Son’s Name interprets as YaHuWaH is Salvation, which in Hebrew is written as יהושוע ( Yod, Hay, Waw, Shin, Waw, Ayin )reading from right to left, it is pronounced ; Yahuwshuwa ( or Yahushua). He is referred to as Yahuwshuwa Ha’Mashiyach (the Messiah). Remember Yahuwshua the Messiah said in John 5:43 “I am come in my Father's name ( Yahuwah is salvation), and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.” Think about that for a minute!

The word “God” was translated from a Hebrew Word; אלוהים (Elohim, CORRECT RENDITION would be ALUAHYM) which has several connotations ; mighty one(s), an angel, judges, foreign mighty ones or deities. It also refers to the Most High Father, YAHUWAH.

YaHuWaH (Heavenly Father) also refers to His Son, YAHUWSHUWA as Elohim in the book of Hebrews 1:8 “But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O Elohim, is forever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom. “
In Conclusion, YaHuWaH, our Heavenly Father is the Supreme (True) Elohim! John 17:3 “ And this is life eternal, that they might know thee, the only true Elohim, and Yahuwshuwa the Messiah, whom thou hast sent.”

THE TRUE NAMES ARE VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR SALVATION!

Act 4-12” Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is NONE OTHER NAME under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

John 3:18 “He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed IN THE NAME of the only begotten Son of YAHUWAH.”

John 17:11 “And now I am no more in the world, John 17:11 “And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through THINE OWN NAME which thou hast GIVEN ME, that they may be one, as we are.”

John “17:26 And I have declared unto them THY NAME, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Shalluwm!

I woul f
Re: How Can A Christian Be Saved? by yommyuk: 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2011
@Yahuwfemi

hmmm interesting. In as much that ur response may not be relevant to the topic, you have raised an importance issue which I would like to address. Read on cool

Why should you be concerned about what name I call God? One thing that you have failed to realise is that in Hebrew, a person's name has a broader signifcance than what it does in English. People's names were intended to reflect their true character and nature, not just serve as a label.

In the bible, the first place God choose to reveal his name was Exodus 6.3
And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD: 3And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known(revealed) to them

In the English bible, the word 'reveal' was used. . But in Hebrew, the word 'reveal' is often translated as "to know" which implies intimate knowledge and experience.

So I put it to you, to know the name of God is good, but to know and experience his nature fully is of greater importance. The pharisees knew the name of God, but they did not know or understand his true nature and Character. That is wher they failed miserably. Therefore, bros I will suggest that u get more understanding regarding this.

Genesis 12 told us that God told Abram to leave his native country. God did not reveal his name to Abram and Abram did not find reason to ask. Abram knew he had to leave, but he did not know where to go. He had faith, and obeyed.

In these last days, there is so much confusion in Churches
The above are your words, stop the confusion.

Regarding the name of 'JESUS"

Matthew 16:15-16
Then he asked them, "But who do you say I am?"
Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
Jesus replied,"You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from  ANY HUMAN BEING

Let us lay more emphasis on the acknowledgment of Jesus as the MESSIAH, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD, showing that our eyes have been opened by faith.

I get ur point. However this is my point.

Matthew 7:21 -23

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

(1) (Reply)

Britain: Islam In, Christianity Out / Come And Be More Than Conquerors / I Love Dr David Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.