Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me (93841 Views)

Igboho: Why I Refused To Accept Inspector-General Of Police’s Invitation / We Will Rather Die Than Accept Seriki Fulani Back - Igangan Residents Vow / Sunday Igboho: We Didn’t Burn Seriki Fulani’s Property, The Indigenes Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by Islie: 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
Igboho identified another victim as Dr Fatai Aborode, who returned from overseas and started farming in Igangan but was killed by herdsmen.

An Oodua Republic agigator, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has narrated how bullets were fired at him at the home of the Seriki of Fulani in Ibarapa, Oyo State, and did not harm him.

Igboho added that suspected Fulani herdsmen killing and kidnapping people in the South-West had done enough and should leave.

Speaking in an interview with popular broadcaster, Kola Olootu, in Oyo State on the notice to quit given to herdsmen ravaging the Ibarapa area of Oke Ogun, Oyo State, Igboho said the gunshots allegedly fired at him failed to harm him.

He described it as a demonstrarion of the efficacy of Yoruba traditional power.

He said, "This is not an issue that affects Sunday Igboho but a matter of concern to the entire Yoruba race. I am saying it pointedly that I am too strong for Fulani bandits to attack or capture, so this matter is not about me at all.

"I don’t have a child who would be kidnapped by Fulani men because my children are not even based in the country.

"When gunshots were fired at me during the visit to the Seriki in Igangan, the bullets did not penetrate (harm me). That shows the efficacy of the Yoruba traditional power.

"It would not be a hard nut for the Yoruba people to crack, rather the evil marauders killing and maiming our people would be visited with retribution as God lives.

"The reason for that was the incessant attacks on our people in the Ibarapa and Oke Ogun areas of the (Oyo) state. Our people are no longer safe in their own land. On the contrary, Yoruba people don’t engage in such atrocious things. You cannot see a Yoruba man going about killing people in Kano.

"In the North, they can behead a Yoruba man for slapping a Hausa/Fulani let alone destroy their farmland. You will recall the case of ‘Oko Oloyun’ (a popular herbal medicine trader) who was killed during a visit to his country house. He was killed at Igbo Ora. The government said it would unravel the facts behind his killing but till now, the matter has not been unravelled. That killing would clock up a year this month."

Igboho identified another victim as Dr Fatai Aborode, who returned from overseas and started farming in Igangan but was killed by herdsmen.

"He employed about 300 people. When his farm was plundered by cattle, he lodged a complaint with the Seriki Fulani. Few days after, killer herdsmen kidnapped him, tied him and butchered him. Nothing was done and no arrest was made.

"That was the story that we heard. After that, they also killed a woman, an Alhaja, a native of Imeko who brought the ransom. Many like that had been killed, including the son to Oba Abdulazeez Adeoye of Igangan. Before getting to Seriki’s residence, you have to pass through three local security checkpoints.

"Now, we are determined to defend our people, but they say we don’t have the right to do so. Some people alleged that I’m doing this to gain cheap popularity; far from it. Some even said perhaps I’m trying to do it to enrich myself, but that is not also correct. The fact is that I am a rich man. I am not seeking favour from the government because I’m a contented person. I don’t need money or favour from the government, but I am from Ibarapa."

Igboho had been in the news since last week when he gave an ultimatum to killer herdsmen to vacate Oyo State.

Days after, violence erupted in the area during which the houses and property of the Seriki Fulani, Alhaji Saliu Abdulkadir, were burnt.

Abdulkadir had told SaharaReporters that he, his wives and children were sent out of the settlement, adding that 11 vehicles and houses were burnt in the process.

The Seriki had thereafter fled the community with his family, as aggrieved youths put fire to the settlement.

Speaking with SaharaReporters, Igboho’s Personal Assistant, Salami Oladapo, had said that neither his principal nor his supporters were responsible for the arson.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/01/24/why-bullets-fired-me-seriki-fulanis-place-did-not-harm-me-%E2%80%93-sunday-igboho

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by helinues: 3:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
An Oodua Republic agigator

I think Nigerian journalist are sometimes confused.

The bullet missed, not any Ayeta... You might not be lucky next time

undecided

79 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by BusinessCity: 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nice

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by dawnomike(m): 3:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
He tried...

8 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by ovieigho(m): 3:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided

Awon traitor !
Awon eyan Tinubu angry

626 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by helinues: 3:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
ovieigho:

Awon traitor !
Awon eyan Tinubu angry

Ask yourself who are the real traitors? Those suggesting a peaceful solution or those who are clamouring for war?

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by GamalNasser: 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided

You are a Fulani agent provocateur

562 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by YouandiAllofus: 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
Y

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by helinues: 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
GamalNasser:

You are a Fulani agent provocateur

So what, Nairaland Billionaire

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 3:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided
i know say na only devil fit talk like this cool

302 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by kenzysmith: 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
This guy done travel go Indian and Thailand go collect jazz

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by AroleOduduwa2: 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
Buhari and his Fulani terrorist should trend with caution. Any mistake from the FG will be the end of this country.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by osamz007: 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided

263 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by BigSarah(f): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
AM Yoruba Sturvs

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by osamz007: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
AroleOduduwa2:
N
oduduwa what's this

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by kenzysmith: 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided
E no go better for u. comot here

266 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by Gabkosh: 3:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided
Shut up coward slave.

You think Sunday is like your coward father.

Spit on your pathetic head.

330 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by Gabkosh: 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

Ask yourself who are the real traitors? Those suggesting a peaceful solution or those who are clamouring for war?
You are the traitor and you shall perish.

255 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by espn(m): 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

how long will the peaceful resolution take...forever? This has been happening for over 15years.

212 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by TimeManager(m): 3:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
There are a thousand Sunday igboho but dem no dey make noise. Everyone is just respecting the law but it's obvious the government has failed in its duties.
My advice is: "fulani be careful, na express you dey go"

kiss the truth!

230 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by adadike(f): 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2021
African magic of course. My own bullet proof is the blood of Jesus. What's yours?

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by Caleb91(m): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided
Idiot see what he wore under his shirt
Take a look at the two picture and see for your dumb self

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by RedRay(f): 3:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
cool
Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by helinues: 4:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
Gabkosh:
You are the traitor and you shall perish.

Hope you understand what it means to be talking to one self loudly....

shocked

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by SporaD8: 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2021
Caleb91:

Idiot see what he wore under his shirt
Take a look at the two picture and see for your dumb self
The problem with some of you guys is you annoyingly buzz too much!!! Must you reveal details to traitors?!
Can't you just ignore the guy you quoted rather than packing mud with your bare hands to throw at pigs!

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by updatechange(m): 4:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
U r guarded

1 Like

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by ovieigho(m): 5:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

America fought a liberation war but you sit in front of key boards ass licking the people that mortgage your children’s future with their massive embezzlement

160 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by KingAlayinde(m): 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided

you are so childish !

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by tundchip2: 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
helinues:

undecided
You dey whine my nipple?
Or you didn't see the "Arakangudu" wey he wear underneath?
Man is selina tested no kap.
angry

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by KingAlayinde(m): 6:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
Islie:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/01/24/why-bullets-fired-me-seriki-fulanis-place-did-not-harm-me-%E2%80%93-sunday-igboho

Lalasticlala

it only those people that have experience so much pains from this fulanis can talk more here, not most of you here fighting for politics and tribalism

10 Likes

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
WHY HYPE THUGS AND CRIMINALS

ARE POLITICAL THUGS NOW HEROES FOR NIGERIANS.

I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTIONS FOR ALL OF YOU

WHERE WAS THIS YORUBA TRADITIONAL POWER WHEN THE BRITISH CAME WITH REAL GUNS TO COLONISE YORUBA LAND.

I AM SO SUPRISED THAT YORUBA CHRISTIANS NOW SUPPORT A MAN THAT USES JUJU( SATAN WORSHIPER) AS THEIR SAVIOUR

JESUS POWER IS GREATER THAN YORUBA TRADITIONAL POWER grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Igboho: Why Bullets Fired At Me In Seriki Fulani's Place Did Not Harm Me by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
Nice

IFA AGBE WA

ORISHA (GODS) ARE ALWAYS GREATER THAN jesus AND allah

18 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police / Atiku Vs Buhari: 2019 Presidential Election Tribunal Live Updates / More Gas Resources Discovered Offshore Lagos – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.