Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,880 members, 7,798,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? (20515 Views)

I Will Never Vote For Social Media Bill - Sen. Ben Bruce / Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Vote Buhari / Why You'll Never Vote For Muhammadu Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2011
[size=13pt]About $300 Billion dollars spentso far in 12 PDP Years[/size]

What do we have to show for all that money? Still

a) No Electricity
b) No good healthcare
c) No good roads
d) Education in dilapidated state
e) No jobs
f) Poverty rate about 30% higher today

These are great reasons to support Jonathan and PDP

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by EOS(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will  not vote Jonathan because he has not shown seriousness in fighting CORRUPTION. In the Presidential debate organized by BON, Goodluck Jonathan made a statement that if he wins the presidential race, he would appoint people that are less corrupt as away of tackling corruption. The statement shows that the sitting president has no program at all. How could he say appointing people that are less corrupt is away of fighting corruption. Corruption is corruption, just like sin is a sin; nothing like less corruption.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by duduspace(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
I'll never vote for Goodluck because it is wrong to depend on unreliable goodluck to put right the things that are wrong in our polity, there is the place for strategy, dedication, integrity and old fashioned will power none of which I sadly can associate with the aptly named goodluck.
I'm not so much concerned about the route a man takes to greatness as I am with what exactly he did to achieve it or what he did with it after having it thrust on him.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2011
You are replying my post again wink nice, I missed you grin
Kobojunkie:

Oh Wow . . . see logic !!! So the millions of graduates that find themselves jobless  . . . many of them doctors and even more lawyers, it seems who are unemployed do not deserve otherwise??

In your world lawyers are not supposed to be employed  . . . they are supposed to go out and make money out of thing air because, in your mind, that is what lawyers do? :/So what Nollywood needed were loans from Government? Government guaranteed loans I presume?  So, Lawyers don't need loans . . . but street performers and actors do?
ROFLMAO!!
The government have limited positions for lawyers who want to practise law. Laywers own law firms and most lawyers are employed by firms. As afar as I am concerned there are enough litigations in the country to go round the lawyers.
I am not sure we can export lawyers but I am very sure we can export our movies. I do not know how many lawyers from the UK or United states who practise in Nigeria but I know UK and US movies are in most shelves in the country.

We can export quality movies. you have forgotten that most of the movie actors are unemployed graduates. Who are now making their living through the movie industry. To make the best out of the money, provision for entrepreneurial training was made in the deal.

Doctors have jobs, you can talk about pay. We have shortage of doctors in most health institutions so Doctors are not unemployed.
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! Nollywood is now the heart of nigeria? That industry barely generates enough to keep itself alive and you want to pretend now that because somehow nollywood is industry we need to focus on at this point in our development? Our local farmers have yet to access the Millions of dollars the same Government supposedly made available to them ---- we have no even started reporting the successes of those schemes, but here you are declaring the success of the Nollywood loan scheme?
ROFLMAO!!

Did i declare the success already?
I asked  my friend if he knows how much Nollywoods generate at present and how much it will generate if managed properly?
if that means declaring success then I must be high on groundnut! grin
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by OAM4J: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2011
Because am not mad.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by JaaizTech: 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
Head to Head, Buhari and Ribadu has got a far better reputation than Jonathan, Jonathan in his short stint as Bayelsa Governor already had allegations of corruption hanging over his head and was able to declare a 300 million naira net worth (shocking!, which company bros. own).
Secondly, I can remember the time Buhari ruled, yes He led Nigeria with a strong fist, He did what today we will call against human right. But to what end did He do all He did, in order to achieve a disciplined nation, a disciplined people, an incorruptible leadership. He sat on a big chunk of Nigeria's wealth while in PTF, but today no one would dare rank him along side IBB, OBJ, GEJ, SAMBO or any of the governors in terms of wealth. He doesn't have any oil wells to his name; I can guarantee the forementioned ex-leaders all have.

Even putting all that aside, who are the men around Jonathan criminal PDP sycophants. What has the party achieved in the last 12 years, very little or nothing, so why would someone think of bringing them back On what basis would PDP be allowed to rule for another 4 years I strongly believe that either an ACN government or CPC government will do twice better.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
agabaI23:

You are replying my post again wink nice, I missed you grin The government have limited positions for lawyers who want to practise law. Laywers own law firms and most lawyers are employed by firms. As afar as I am concerned there are enough litigations in the country to go round the lawyers.
I am not sure we can export lawyers but I am very sure we can export our movies. I do not know how many lawyers from the UK or United states who practise in Nigeria but I know UK and US movies are in most shelves in the country.

Government has limited positions for lawyers? Lawyers own firms and most lawyers are employed by firms? WOW !!!
See I make an attempt and you offer up the same doorknob responses. Again, why are lawyers not entitled to employment according to you? I suggest you spend more time reviewing your statements and your responses before getting back.
agabaI23:

I do not know how many lawyers from the UK or United states who practise in Nigeria but I know UK and US movies are in most shelves in the country.
We can export quality movies. you have forgotten that most of the movie actors are unemployed graduates.Who are now making their living through the movie industry. To make the best out of the money, provision for entrepreneurial training was made in the deal.

And you think because you have US and UK movies on your shelf means the US and UK Governments give loans to Hollywood in much the same way our Government is doing today?? ROFLMAO!! WOW

Oh yes . . . all Our graduates need employment in film industries -- instead of heavily funding industries as a whole . . . funding nollywood in this way is the way to go!! WOOHOO!! Yes, that is definitely nollywoods problem . . . rather than the many issues of counterfieting etc . . ,  Nollywood needs loans. cheesy

agabaI23:

Doctors have jobs, you can talk about pay. We have shortage of doctors in most health institutions so Doctors are not unemployed.

You are saying that Nigeria has a 100% doctor employment scheme going on that many are not aware of ? I mean I know a few doctors who are unemployed as we speak. Are you saying that in spirit they are employed?? ROFLMAO!!

agabaI23:
Did i declare the success already?
I asked  my friend if he knows how much Nollywoods generate at present and how much it will generate if managed properly?
if that means declaring success then I must be high on groundnut! grin

uumm . . . Nollywood is barely worth 500 million dollars to Nigerian economy. . . but you are convinced giving this a 200 Million dollar loan is the way to improve it rather than actually tackling the issues the industry has been complaining of for so so long? the same old THROW MONEY at the problem to solve it solution? cheesy lol  . ,   I love Nigerians
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by LADEMINUS: 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ agaba dnt sidestep d point in a gej way, u knw wht i meant. allocating billions to an industry wen dere is a dearth of professionals why nt employ docs nd pay dem. r de employed nd dere isstill a brain drain o docs. nd since mentioned it. am a doctor. or is d federal law system any better. why do we have charge nd bail i ask u. do u knw how many lawyers d public defence system should have been employing but for want of funds. some of us cant be cafried away wit petty talk of light nd roads. thats bull dose are NECESSITIES. nd u didnt deny his pdp comment either.
if uve got one daughter hope she schools in d north cos if na benin or port, u knw wetin e fit become due to d stolen money dem go de show am.
or mayb u will den reason dat since d edu system is bad u will relocate her abi? u can change dat now bro
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by passyjango(m): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2011
I will not vote for Jonathan, because he is a '[size=15pt]coconut head[/size]'.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by nateevs(m): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
How can an educated person come up with statements like these?

agabaI23:

Drs are not unemployed. lawyers are not supposed to be employed. if you are a lawyer and you are waiting for employment then you are a charge and bail lawyer.

Kobo, I can't for the love of me understand why you are replying to such pathetic statements. Proceed to reply to more intelligent posts. This has to be the worst combination of words ever put together by a poster of NL. I bet GEJ has the same views.

How can one convince him not to vote for GEJ when these are his inherent perspective about employment?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Wadeoye(m): 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
Already we know Jonathan - there is nothing new about him as he has been in government for years now without any impact.

So, how will I vote for somebody that has got no track record of achievement?

Even if we don't know him, an adage says "show me your friends, ". How will I use my tumb to vote for a man that is surrounded by known enimies of the systems? Dining and wining with known looters of our national treasury.

How will I vote for a man that can't keep promise?

How will I vote for an opportunist as my president? Can Jonathan even dream of contesting for Nigeria presidency if he didn't get to where he is today by accident? To me, it means is not qualify to be our president.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by somze(f): 9:49pm On Apr 04, 2011
nateevs:

How can one convince him not to vote for GEJ when these are his inherent perspective about employment?

I don't know how you moved from the comments made by a supporter to making those comments GEJ's perspective on the matter. Beats me.

How are you btw?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by MaiSuya(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
@agaba, not bad at all. GEJ must be really proud of you.  wink
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by DrummaBoy(m): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
I would not vote GEJ for all the aformentioned reasons,

But to add my own unique reason, em,

BUHARI IS JUST BETTER THAN GEJ IN ALL RESPECT!!!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by LADEMINUS: 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
@nateev now i knw why soyinka said nly moraly bankrupt ppl can vote pdp. kobo has to reply or fools wilk b mistaken for elders no offence intended. always do ur bit to reply. if u c d rubbish de were saying some time ago u will b amazed at dis gej supporters. how can someone say gej allowed ribadu to return. what despicable mouth runnin statement. was it nt ribadu nd d sng thaf foight or his upgradin to president? thinkin he had an iota of self esteem? only to see him defending mend, AND SOUTH AFRICA HAD TO SHAME US BY HELPING US PROSECUTE HIS FRIEND THAG WAS CALLIN ND THREATENING HIM, MR. OKAH??
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by LADEMINUS: 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
sorry for my spellings abeg. dis phone keypad de misbehave
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by nateevs(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
He then proceeds to tell us about how GEJ gave money to Nollywood. These's something fundamentally wrong in your understanding of how things work and that's why you can't see anything wrong in that buffoon.

Government should not give money to movie makers. Either directly or in form of loans. What pays for it? Don't try to credit GEJ for good things when he actually has been fiscally stupid.

Government should rather enforce policies than create an enabling environment. Government can help in grants, tax relief etc.

If GEJ wants to truly help Nollywood, let him pass and enforce laws that wipe out piracy completely and then watch Nollywood explode. Equip the Police with state of the art equipment, encourage EFCC to fight piracy. Through the judicial arm of government, ensure stiff penalties for those caught in the act.

That is how to help Nollywood my friend. However, GEJ can't think of this on his own. I am probably more enlightened than he is and I am not even paid to think.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by kasiem(m): 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
Pls, guys i want u show me a link where gej opened his mouth and said ibb was responsible abuja bomb blast.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by ovo4u(m): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
How I wish I could vote, but i can't  but on my side why anyone should not vote for Jonathan is that he supported Uduaghan, when he know he is a fraud.

A man who say: ,,Nothing will happen by his fraud party PDP'' and didn't even appear on a debate that he was officially invited to and could not come out publicly before Nigeria to apologise to them instead he was bragging. That is rude Mr. President

I am from Delta State and not a notherner. You people should please vote BB, to clear away this curruption because nothing function in that Country with the kind of Courruptions that is there right now.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by nateevs(m): 10:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
somze:

I don't know how you moved from the comments made by a supporter to making those comments GEJ's perspective on the matter. Beats me.

How are you btw?

Dude I'm good. Where in the Lord's name have you been?
This is what I meant.

nateevs:

How can one convince him not to vote for GEJ when these are his (agaba123's) inherent perspective about employment?
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by 10cirenoh: 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
I cannot vote for GEJ who thinks because he didn't wear shoes when he was young, so there for, he's one of us when he is worth more than $3billion naira.

Someone who never dreamt of becoming the president of Nigeria, so what vision and plan is he suppose to have for Nigeria that he never dreamt of presiding over?

Lastly, how come he has nothing to his name in Bayelsa as an achievement when he was the governor for 2 years? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by 9ijaMan: 10:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
I can never support GEJ nor canvass for vote for him because of his ineptitude and deceitfulness.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by LoveKing(m): 10:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
What has Seun caused now? The outcome of this competition will be too heavy to bear. embarassed
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by doja(m): 10:25pm On Apr 04, 2011
Why vote a Jonathan when there is a Ribadu?Never!

Please join us by sending absolutely free sms to your friend about Ribadu /Adeola here;
http://www.thetimeisnownigeria.com/campaigns/sms_self/new

Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Profkenny1(m): 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2011
I can't vote for a man who celebrates criminality:he sent representatives to the ex-convict's thanksgiving ceremony,the first lady,'umblella' madam,visited George and his family later that night,obviously to felicitate with him on behalf of the family, nonsense!
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by mbulela: 10:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
because i am still waiting for he and his administration to prove me wrong as stated below;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=576504.msg7430981#msg7430981

to make matters worse,Dokpesi the bomber is now a senior campaign manager.
In one word - SPINELESS
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 10:51pm On Apr 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Government has limited positions for lawyers? Lawyers own firms and most lawyers are employed by firms? WOW !!!
See I make an attempt and you offer up the same doorknob responses. Again, why are lawyers not entitled to employment according to you? I suggest you spend more time reviewing your statements and your responses before getting back.

Ok I accept that I did not convey the full meaning of what  I had in mind in the first sentence because there was no further explanation of what I meant but that does not change the message I wanted to convey. If I had said that due to the nature of their profession, only few lawyers can be employed by the government. The rest can ply their threads in law firms.

Like I said in my reply and I still maintain that, there are limited positions where lawyers can be employed in a govermnent setting and in even coo-prorate setting. So Law is a self employment profession which is why it is one of the admired professions.
Kobojunkie:

And you think because you have US and UK movies on your shelf means the US and UK Governments give loans to Hollywood in much the same way our Government is doing today?? ROFLMAO!! WOW
 Do you have to it the way of US or UK if their way does not benefit you? By the way I do not know when hollywood was in the formative years to know how the govt aided them so I cannot comment on that except you have a proof they were never aided
Kobojunkie:

Oh yes . . . all Our graduates need employment in film industries -- instead of heavily funding industries as a whole . . . funding nollywood in this way is the way to go!! WOOHOO!! Yes, that is definitely nollywoods problem . . . rather than the many issues of counterfieting etc . . ,  Nollywood needs loans. cheesy

At least some of the millions unemplyed will get employement  in the industry. We have graduates of dramatic arts etc who will get job in that industry.
Kobojunkie:

You are saying that Nigeria has a 100% doctor employment scheme going on that many are not aware of ? I mean I know a few doctors who are unemployed as we speak. Are you saying that in spirit they are employed?? ROFLMAO!!

There is 100% employment opportunity for doctors. The reason why there is brain drain is due to the general condition of the economy. Most hospitals(both private and public) are understaffed.

The patient doctor ratio in Nigeria was 1 doctor to 2500 as at 2009( that includes doctors in diaspora and dead ones)so like I said their is shortage of doctors in the country. There are hospitals to work in but everyone wants to work in the urban centres. Again most want to be employed in either FMCs or teaching hospitals so when none of those is available, they wait until a space is available when there are private hospital who may not pay as much as the govt  hospitals but still need doctors.
Kobojunkie:

uumm . . . Nollywood is barely worth 500 million dollars to Nigerian economy. . . but you are convinced giving this a 200 Million dollar loan is the way to improve it rather than actually tackling the issues the industry has been complaining of for so so long? the same old THROW MONEY at the problem to solve it solution? cheesy lol  . ,   I love Nigerians

Well giving them less than half of their worth to boost production and entrepreneurship to me is not a bad idea to me.
I did say that the problem of other industries lies more on power stability than funding. if there is power stability, cost of running industries will reduce and industries will be sustained. More graduates and youths will be employed.
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Kobojunkie: 11:00pm On Apr 04, 2011
mbulela:

because i am still waiting for he and his administration to prove me wrong as stated below;

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=576504.msg7430981#msg7430981

to make matters worse,Dokpesi the bomber is now a senior campaign manager.
In one word - SPINELESS

After all that public humiliation -- less than 6 months later, Dokpesi don become senior campaign manager??  shocked shocked
Seriously, I don't know how people do these things . . .  shocked shocked
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by agabaI23(m): 11:07pm On Apr 04, 2011
Nateevs my friend we are not fighting. We only have different opinions. At the end of the day we are aspiring for a better Nigeria albeit via different routes.
nateevs:

He then proceeds to tell us about how GEJ gave money to Nollywood. These's something fundamentally wrong in your understanding of how things work and that's why you can't see anything wrong in that buffoon.
I did not bring up Nollywood someone did.
nateevs:

Government should not give money to movie makers. Either directly or in form of loans. What pays for it? Don't try to credit GEJ for good things when he actually has been fiscally silly.

Government should rather enforce policies than create an enabling environment. Government can help in grants, tax relief etc.

Grant is money. Are you contradicting yourself?  Which one is better loan or grants? Loan is repayable while grants are not  smiley
I agree with you about the piracy issue but we already have laws which need to enforced. I am not sure Buhari enforced anti-piracy laws because the pirated tapes problems started in the 80s and they carried on undisturbed until 1999.
nateevs:

If GEJ wants to truly help Nollywood, let him pass and enforce laws that wipe out piracy completely and then watch Nollywood explode. Equip the Police with state of the art equipment, encourage EFCC to fight piracy. Through the judicial arm of government, ensure stiff penalties for those caught in the act.

That is how to help Nollywood my friend. However, GEJ can't think of this on his own. I am probably more enlightened than he is and I am not even paid to think.
He will make the special adviser on piracy issues. How you see am? wink
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2011
All things are possible to a clueless man.

You can upgrade from a bombing suspect to Campaign manager or Godfather in a few hours
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by userlist(f): 11:18pm On Apr 04, 2011
These are my reasons

1. When Alesiamegha was stealing Goodluck folded his hands and just watched? (impossible)
2. What was his achievement as deputy governor? None
3. He lied when he said he spoke to Yar'udua on numerous occasion when he was sick (we are all witness)
4. His wife is as corrupt as any big corrupt person in Nigeria (remember 2 EFCC cases)
5. No balls, remember how Turai caged him before and after he became acting president
6. Remember how security officials took over Abuja airport.
7. He was in-charge of the committee that looked after power generation during Yar'udua (as minister)
8. Said MENDs are not terrorist
9. Received Bode George with open hands
10. He said Babaginda is his mentor
11. OBJ is his Godfather
12. Tony Aneni is his Godfather
13. EFCC/ICPC is dead under his watch.
14. Halliburton/Siemens/Julius Berger scandal hasn't been giving priority
15. Hasn't done anything about the bomb blast all over the country
16. External reserve depleted under his watch
17. Excess crude oil account depleted under his watch
18. Agreed to a debate but chickened out in the last minute
19. Uduahan is a wanted man in England but GEJ make sure he won his re-election
20. Almost all known rouges in Nigeria today is a friend to GEJ
21. He said power problem will be a thing of the past in December 2010 (now shifted to 2015)
22. GEJ doesn't know how many percent of the budget has been implemented
23. Igbinedion is charged with corruption but GEJ right hand man is Igbinedion's deputy
24. He sent Orubebe to South Africa 6mths. to see orka before the independent bomb blast
25. Patricia Etteh/Farida Waziri given national award by Goodluck Jonathan
26. Called south west political leaders bunch of rascals
27. Junket around the globe with too many aids (no wonder our reserve is no more)
28. During Yar'adua we had 60 plus advisers and assistant now GEJ added about 57
29. He made his Senegalese tailor and his wife hair dresser personal assistant
30. Bribed those that voted for him during the primaries with $7,000 (multiplied by 2000 + people)
31. Refuse to bring those bad eggs that prevented him from becoming acting president
32. Yar'udua's signature was forged on the supplementary budget (nothing done till date)
33. Yar'udua's security vote was stollen during the saga (nothing done till date)
34. Ban Green Eagles for 2yrs. Instead of finding a solution. What has he done since.

Nigerians Please Think before you vote
Re: Why You'll Never Vote For Goodluck Jonathan? by Emdion(m): 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
Cant vote 4 person who see nothin wrong wit d earnin of NAS. Which to me everytin is wrong wit it. It aggravate d problem of inflation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Forgery: Court Refuses To Stop Ekweremadu, Others’ Investigation / EFCC Invites Modu Sheriff Over N23billion Diezani Campaign fund / Mainagate: Dambazzau Absent As Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.